The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 15th, 2011, 07:19 PM
ssbuhan

i started ashgray on beta 2.5 i havent had a problem with pikachu since the new patch so im not sure. if i were to start a whole new game would everything be refreshed and cleared without any problems?
Old August 15th, 2011, 07:50 PM
ssbuhan

ok everybody listen up. whenever metapod releases a patch. be sure to delete the previous patch he released. eg beta 3.03 since beta 3.5.1 has been released. then repeat the lunar ips sequence by applying the patch to fire red over again. if u wanna double make sure. go to youtube and type in how to get pokemon ash gray and follow those exact steps and this makes everyones life easier. i am now able to walk in the indigo HQ. however my pikachu is obeying me sometimes for some reason lol. hope this helps. oh and dont forget to regular save in game aswell as pressing shift f1 also make a shift f2 for back up
Old August 15th, 2011, 08:04 PM
ssbuhan

hey metapod pikachu still isnt obeying me. what can i do to make it obey? any steps that i have to take?
Old August 15th, 2011, 08:07 PM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbuhan View Post
i started ashgray on beta 2.5 i havent had a problem with pikachu since the new patch so im not sure. if i were to start a whole new game would everything be refreshed and cleared without any problems?
It should be. In the last beta I added a feature to have Pikachu not obey you until a certain variable is set (after it shocks the Spearow), but that really shouldn't make Pikachu disobey now, since the variable should have been set from your previous save file during that event.

Update: I've made a few more fixes as far as Ritchie appearing/disappearing at the correct spots, and I've fixed the Pidgeot event so that it will let you ride it in the sky if Pidgeot is in your party at the start of the event. I'll release a new beta tomorrow.
Old August 15th, 2011, 08:19 PM
ssbuhan

ye ive had no problems with pikachu till now its strange. is there anything i can do? or does pikachu just have to sit the rest of the game out or is it possible the next beta will correct it? that new feature you may have included could be impacting the game in the later stages such as the indigo plateau and all the battles? oh and where are professor oaks aides? there is a amulet coin they owe me but i cant find them. last question do you get another raft at some point if so can somebody tell me where?

Last edited by ssbuhan; August 15th, 2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old August 16th, 2011, 12:59 AM
ShadnicTh
Beginning Trainer

I've got a pidgeot in my party and am at Pallet town now. I've spoken to Ritchie and Oak upon leaving the pokemon league after winning it, so why isn't the pallet party panic event playing?
Old August 16th, 2011, 01:34 AM
ssbuhan

pallet party panic only occurs if you lose the pokemon league but if u have won the event wont come up. do you have any idea where the oak aides are? or if you get another raft?
Old August 16th, 2011, 01:49 AM
KurcioDurcio
Attempting something new

That's awesome. for the new beta change i've been having troubles. >_<
Old August 16th, 2011, 03:14 AM
zaptile1213
Beginning Trainer

Can you please post the link to beta 3.5
Old August 16th, 2011, 03:41 AM
ssbuhan

go to search and type in ash gray and look at his pokemon profile slideshow and scroll down to see beta 3.5.1. but no point of downloading coz he is releasing another patch tomorrow
Old August 16th, 2011, 06:16 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

AshGray 3.5.3

A few bugs fixed. Remember to re-patch to a clean rom if you're having weird problems - try getting it from somewhere else, or using a different patch applier.

If you already beat the Champion, the Pallet Party Panic event will not activate. You have to beat the Champion again. Please revert to a previous save state. (Although, really, how could you have beat the Champion without cheating? Honestly?)

Last edited by metapod23; August 16th, 2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old August 16th, 2011, 06:48 AM
redwolf915
Trainer

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by metapod23 View Post
AshGray 3.5.2

A few bugs fixed. Remember to re-patch to a clean rom if you're having weird problems - try getting it from somewhere else, or using a different patch applier.

If you already beat the Champion, the Pallet Party Panic event will not activate. You have to beat the Champion again. Please revert to a previous save state. (Although, really, how could you have beat the Champion without cheating? Honestly?)
I just beat the Elite 4 with a lot of Sand Attack Thunder Wave and Double Team XD Took a lot of reloads. But..

GLITCH

If you beat the Elite 4 in 3.5.1 then talk to the Receptionist, the whole Indigo League starts again. I'm about to face Mandi on the Water Field xD. But if you talk to the Indigo Stadium man first, you can fight the champ.
Old August 16th, 2011, 07:22 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

^ I'll look into that glitch.

Also, I'd just like to remind everyone not to touch any bad eggs. Don't remove them from storage or do anything with them. They could potentially screw up your progress if you do.
Old August 16th, 2011, 07:38 AM
TheDarkShark
Metal Headed Hacker

Nature: Calm
What!? I'm in the credits? Err, I didn't really do anything about the routine, lol. Thanks, man =D
Whenever I look into the episodes list, I get excited about Pokémon 2000. I've got a midi of Lugia's Song somewhere, just ask when you need it, even though there's a lot of time left until you'll want to implement it - of course only if you want to do so at all. Just keep it in mind :3

Old August 16th, 2011, 07:42 AM
redwolf915
Trainer

Nature: Hasty
I decided to test the Pikachu disobedience. It works, but its quite annoying that theres a low chance at landing two thundershocks before Spearow pecks you to death.

Then its still possible to die while players search for the water. If you do die, you cant get past the Spearow, and must restart. I had that happen to one friend and the other got her Pikachu up to level 9 not knowing that you could jump into the water.

For the first, I'd script it either

A. So that the Spearow go away once you have died.
B. By "talking" to them, you're "shoved" past them.
C. Have a "respawn" point in that area where you're healed by cowering in a corner =P

For the other slight problem. Perhaps talking to the Spearow gives a hint that the player should dive into the water?

Its up to you what you wish to do, but I imagine some players get turned off by those things and don't ask for help on the forums. Keep up the good work Meta. Best hack (and pokemon game really) I've ever played.
Old August 16th, 2011, 09:02 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwolf915 View Post
I decided to test the Pikachu disobedience. It works, but its quite annoying that theres a low chance at landing two thundershocks before Spearow pecks you to death.

Then its still possible to die while players search for the water. If you do die, you cant get past the Spearow, and must restart. I had that happen to one friend and the other got her Pikachu up to level 9 not knowing that you could jump into the water.

For the first, I'd script it either

A. So that the Spearow go away once you have died.
B. By "talking" to them, you're "shoved" past them.
C. Have a "respawn" point in that area where you're healed by cowering in a corner =P

For the other slight problem. Perhaps talking to the Spearow gives a hint that the player should dive into the water?

Its up to you what you wish to do, but I imagine some players get turned off by those things and don't ask for help on the forums. Keep up the good work Meta. Best hack (and pokemon game really) I've ever played.
Okay, I fixed these glitches for the next beta. If you die before you pass through the river, you still respawn at home, but the Spearow will be gone when you come back and you have to get Pikachu from the tree and battle the Spearow, even if you already did so.

I also added a sign by the river that suggests you have a swim in it.
Old August 16th, 2011, 09:41 AM
petty007
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by metapod23 View Post
Okay, I fixed these glitches for the next beta. If you die before you pass through the river, you still respawn at home, but the Spearow will be gone when you come back and you have to get Pikachu from the tree and battle the Spearow, even if you already did so.

I also added a sign by the river that suggests you have a swim in it.
Hey Meta, you have really done an exellent work but in the next beta, can you make Brock easier to defeat. I trained Pikachu upp to level 15, Pidgeot up to level 13 and buterfree up to level 10 and it is very hard to win him. Although this is my favourite hack forever!!!
Old August 16th, 2011, 10:55 AM
sorin069
Beginning Trainer

^For the above post it's not too difficult you just have to be a little cheap. Pikachu thunder waves them and Pidgeotto uses sand attack than just thunder shock them with Pikachu. Also Onix had a really low sp.def when i fought him, two thundershocks and he was down.^

*If anyone needs help they can PM me, I might be able to offer some assistance up to the Pokemon League*

I've only had one bad glitch my entire playthrough, it was at the Aerodactyl event after you battle, my Charizard was standing there and when I talked to it the rom crashed my psp luckily I state saved before the battle. Don't know if it's been reported but that's all.

Hey there, I've been playing Ash Gray since Saturday and have been having a blast reliving all the episodes through the game but I've run into a wall. I just completed the event where the marowaks trainer gets all of his badges stolen and you must defeat team rocket to get them back. Once I returned them i went on my way to the pokemon league and the man guarding the door says that it hasn't started yet...

What am I supposed to do now? Also I couldn't figure out some of the events no bugs just me( the soar throat jiggly puff, the wigglytuff movie star, and not sure if slowpoke was supposed to evolve before the big kahuna wave)

Any help would be appreciated and great job on the hack!

*edit: I think I figured it out. I downloaded the beta before the League was finished. So now my question is: Will my state saves carry over tomorrow when you release the new beta?

Last edited by sorin069; August 16th, 2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old August 16th, 2011, 11:20 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

AshGray 3.5.3

^ Glitch where you can't get past Spearow if you die on Route 1 in the beginning is fixed, and the glitch where if you beat the Elite Four but haven't battled the Champion, the receptionist starts the competition over again is fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorin069 View Post
*edit: I think I figured it out. I downloaded the beta before the League was finished. So now my question is: Will my state saves carry over tomorrow when you release the new beta?
Your save states should still work - there shouldn't really be any issues transferring from beta 3.0 to 3.5. Just save in Virdian City, because the League building's been moved.

Last edited by metapod23; August 16th, 2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old August 16th, 2011, 12:37 PM
sorin069
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Your save states should still work - there shouldn't really be any issues transferring from beta 3.0 to 3.5. Just save in Virdian City, because the League building's been moved.
Excellent, thanks for the information. And keep up the good work Metapod this is turning out great.

On a side note, will you be considering to continue beyond the Orange islands in another game obviously? perhaps heart gold or soul silver?
Old August 16th, 2011, 12:58 PM
pokemonlover493
Trainer

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorin069 View Post
Excellent, thanks for the information. And keep up the good work Metapod this is turning out great.

On a side note, will you be considering to continue beyond the Orange islands in another game obviously? perhaps heart gold or soul silver?
I would like it if he continued to Johto in a new game using the same rom base. Co500 did that for Johto Adventures.
Old August 16th, 2011, 03:52 PM
sorin069
Beginning Trainer

Ok so I finished the Pokemon League in 2nd place and I went back to Palet Town to fight off Team Rocket again. Finished up the Pidgeot flying minigame, very nice touch, but I can't remember where I'm supposed to go for Professor Oak's special pokeball. Could you point me in the right direction?
Old August 16th, 2011, 04:09 PM
KurcioDurcio
Attempting something new

Now if I reenter the League it turns pitch black.
Old August 16th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Nixon1
Beginning Trainer

I was wondering where you can find ghastly on this game the pokedex really doesn't help I don't know where its telling me to look for it. I know you can fight one but you cant catch it was that the only one?
Old August 17th, 2011, 02:32 AM
bartex1407
Beginning Trainer

How to lost Old Shore Wharf?? I can't surf because i don't have my boad. Helps!!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links