• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Research: [Document]Pokemon encounter ratio in Adv-map

PI Hudson

Can be random for hugs> PIE!!!
Years
[Document]Pokemon encounter % in Adv-map

After a little studying of the encounter ratios from serebii.net, I came up with a list that tells you the percentage of the pokemon in a slot for Advanced map.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I thought that the user could determine the percentage a pokemon appered but what pokemon was left to the pokemons stats which you could edit in yape and other programs.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Wait, I know what this is all about...
You say if we put Kecleon on the first line it will be more common than if we put it on the last line?
Am I correct?

PI Hudson

Years
Wait, I know what this is all about...
You say if we put Kecleon on the first line it will be more common than if we put it on the last line?
Am I correct?
Yes, and the percentages are useful if you want multiple pokemon to appear at the same rate, say you want a pikachu to be the same rate as a rattata and spearow

PKMN 1-Pikachu
PKMN 2-Rattata
PKMN 3-Spearow
PKMN 4-Spearow

But this is at 20% for each. You can go lower.

PKMN 3-Pikachu
PKMN 4-Rattata
PKMN 5-Spearow

10% each.

this is also useful for documenting the percentages for walkthroughs, like on route 15, the FR %'s are
Spoiler:

The reason I researched this is to find a way for finding 5 different pokemon at the same percentage, making it an equal chance to find all of them(most is 5 for equal percentage).

Also, all I could find was common, uncommon, rare... stuff post all over for information on how that tab worked. and I just noticed, The name for this document should be "[Document]Pokemon encounter % in Adv-map", I must have had connection troubles when I was sending the post
so what do we need this tutorial for??
As said in the title, It is a Document. A reminder is that this is the Documents and Tutorials thread

Last edited:

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
This makes perfect sense. Now i can make a certain pokemon rare to find!

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Wonderful.. I've actually been looking for this sort of thing for a while, although I didn't expect it to be on Serebii.. So, basically, what he's saying, is that although the hacker sets the percentage of wild encounters, this is the percentage that each Pokémon will appear if the player enters an encounter.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
LOL XD
it's a percent of a percent.
For every step you take in the grass you have a percent chance of having a wildbattle
Every time you have a wildbattle
You have a [fill in with appropriate data] chance of seeing that pokemon. Seems pretty simple and useful to me.

PI Hudson

Years
Wonderful.. I've actually been looking for this sort of thing for a while, although I didn't expect it to be on Serebii.. So, basically, what he's saying, is that although the hacker sets the percentage of wild encounters, this is the percentage that each Pokémon will appear if the player enters an encounter.
The second part is exactly correct.
But serebii.net didn't give me the info. I compared the percentages for pokemon on a certain route from them(probably gotten from a guidebook...) to the data from ROMs

Sorry about it...
i did not understand it at first but now yes....:);)
It's understandable. A lot of people have questioned this thread, even if they didn't reply, mistaking it for a stupid, useless post. Although this document isn't important, It can have some impact on a hacked game.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
The second part is exactly correct.
But serebii.net didn't give me the info. I compared the percentages for pokemon on a certain route from them(probably gotten from a guidebook...) to the data from ROMs

Ooh.. I must've misread it or something. Yeah, I remember reading something similar to this on a sort of blogging site, although I can't remember where nor how I found it.. although I believe that the percentages were similar.

PI Hudson

Years
Ooh.. I must've misread it or something. Yeah, I remember reading something similar to this on a sort of blogging site, although I can't remember where nor how I found it.. although I believe that the percentages were similar.
It is entirely possible somebody figured this out before me, but I haven't came across it. Also, I did all of my searching on my own. It would have taken longer if I hadn't switched ROMs halfway through.(most Rocks have the same Pokemon in/under them in the ROM I was using)

Ah, I've been looking for the percentages. Thank you!
Your welcome

Khan6195

Michael Jackson Died. Parté!
Years
Nice, it looks good! I've been looking around and found this. Good luck too!

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Doesn't Advance Map already have this implemented?

Uhm, no? This is not the percentage that wild Pokémon appear, as is found in A-Map. It is instead the percentages of each wild Pokémon slot, to determine which wild Pokémon appears in the case of a wild battle. This is basically a helpful document that helps you determine how rare each Pokémon will be.

Funfat.

Working on scripts that fail
Years
Thank you!this is very amazing!
so we can make grimer rarer then feeebas(LOL).

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2010
Ah I've been wondering why i put jigglypuff in the last 4 slots, and turned out to be so rare. Thanks.

Back