The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Technology & Internet

Notices

Technology & Internet The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 8th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
Disclaimer:I do not use or own any apple products. I will not hype or do any other posting in this thread besides this one most likely. I am doing this so those who follow apple and their products can discuss the keynote event and how possibly the new I -phone would be. Thank you for taking note of this.
Now then yes. Today is the Apple WWDC 2009 Keynote. What they will show is unknown but it shall be known in an hour or 2. Some good ways to find out are by gizmodo's liveblog or engadgets. Discuss on the possibilities while you guys wait for it to start and have fun discussing about any new products.
Update 1:
New macbooks announced. They have a new state of the art batteries, better screens, an SD slot, more power and a 13 inch model announced. Also it seems they are available today.
http://i.gizmodo.com/5283256/new-15+inch-macbook-pro-features-7+hour-battery-life-and-sd-card-slo
Update 2:
Sorry FTFF fans not happing this snow leopard. Ah and the info:
http://i.gizmodo.com/5283157/everyth...t-snow-leopard
Update 3:
I-Phone 3GS. Confirmed. That thing is said to be speedy. Page below to be updated:
http://i.gizmodo.com/5283099/iphone-...-feature-guide

Last edited by Mitchman; June 8th, 2009 at 10:51 AM.
Old June 8th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Arago
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Well, I know for a fact that I won't be getting Snow Leopard whenever it is I get my MacBook. Either that, or if they have it already installed (which by the time that happens, they probably will), I'll just downgrade to Leopard. That user interface is so similar to Leopard but so different at the same time. Do not want. :[

Hopefully they put the Keynote up on apple.com quickly so I can watch it for myself. I really want to know about the supposed new models of the iPhone. Found it! <3

Plus! I may actually decide to get a 15" instead of a 17" MacBook due to all of these changes to it. Sooo happy they're offering the same for both a 17" and 15" now. <3
Old June 8th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Mitchman

Wow. Cheap prices or what. $99 for the 3G is almost nothing and $199 for the 16GB models of the 3GS. Maybe finally the price will lower. I was thinking about getting it but I hate vodafone. I meant price in euros by the way.
Old June 8th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Arago
Community Supporter

I love how they did that. Lowering the price of each of the iPhones out there to make room for the 32GB model and increasing the amount of time you can use each feature between charges was a genius move. I'm so glad I didn't get the iPhone a few weeks ago, otherwise I wouldn't have a chance to get a 32GB for the same price of the 16GB I wanted. <3

For those who didn't know already, they released the guided tour for the new iPhone:
http://www.apple.com/iphone/guidedtour/#large

Last edited by Patchisou Yutohru; June 8th, 2009 at 11:32 AM.
Old June 8th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Mitchman

For everyone interested:
Spoiler:
Old June 8th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Gerri Shin
  

Nature: Modest
Still re-watching the keynote now, but I still cannot believe that Apple is letting me upgrade to Snow Leopard more than once for only $49, seriously this is awesome! I am very surprised and now I know for a fact that I will be requesting off release day in september just so I can be one of the first around my place to get SL. I Can't wait to finally be able to utilize a full 8GB of RAM, Utilize the full capabilities of my 64-bit Core2Duo, and finally get all of the four-finger gestures without having to use a tweaked AppleUSBMultitouch.kext.
Quicktime X is also a new feature I'm still drooling over, seriously, I can't think of any other media app that puts the video first over anything else while still maintaining the ease of use of the control, plus the sharing up to Youtube and iTunes couldn't be easier.

Edit: for those interested, I have compiled an outline from the first half this morning's keynote address, dealing with the Mac OS and the Mac computer line. I shall proceed to post up the second half dealing with the iPhone[S] and the 3.0 update.
Simply click on the link to my blog and it should be the first entry.

Last edited by Gerri Shin; June 8th, 2009 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Added information
Old June 9th, 2009, 04:04 AM
Eureka1
Yay IIDX! :D

Nature: Adamant
Apple strikes again with it's fail phone. More idiots upgrade just because it's available.

Apple wins an internet.
Old June 9th, 2009, 04:11 AM
wakachamo
-
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka1 View Post
Apple strikes again with it's fail phone. More idiots upgrade just because it's available.

Apple wins an internet.
And you strike again with your grammar failure trying to act all cool.

Paired with Forest Grovyle.
Old June 9th, 2009, 04:31 AM
Zet
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bercrombie View Post
Well, I know for a fact that I won't be getting Snow Leopard whenever it is I get my MacBook. Either that, or if they have it already installed (which by the time that happens, they probably will), I'll just downgrade to Leopard. That user interface is so similar to Leopard but so different at the same time. Do not want. :[

Hopefully they put the Keynote up on apple.com quickly so I can watch it for myself. I really want to know about the supposed new models of the iPhone. Found it! <3

Plus! I may actually decide to get a 15" instead of a 17" MacBook due to all of these changes to it. Sooo happy they're offering the same for both a 17" and 15" now. <3
So you'd rather have a version that's not so secure and less features? that's a smart move there. But would Apple really still be selling an out dated version whenever you get your macbook?
Old June 9th, 2009, 04:47 AM
Arago
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka1 View Post
Apple strikes again with it's fail phone. More idiots upgrade just because it's available. Apple wins an internet.
lol. The only people who say that are people not able to get one themselves.
Old June 9th, 2009, 04:49 AM
Zet
Community Supporter

Quote:
If I recall a certain someone couldn't get one for a certain amount of time ;3
Old June 9th, 2009, 04:50 AM
Arago
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zet View Post
If I recall a certain someone couldn't get one for a certain amount of time ;3
What does that have to do with thinking they suck? :| I've always worshiped the iPhone.. as well as everything else Apple put out to the market. :B
Old June 9th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Zet
Community Supporter

Quote:
What does that have to do with thinking they suck? :| I've always worshiped the iPhone.. as well as everything else Apple put out to the market. :B
I can get the iPhone, but I choose not to as it doesn't appeal to me. Does this mean I am not able to get one myself?

But regardless, you still haven't answered my previous question mister! >:o
Old June 9th, 2009, 05:03 AM
Arago
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zet View Post
I can get the iPhone, but I choose not to as it doesn't appeal to me. Does this mean I am not able to get one myself?

But regardless, you still haven't answered my previous question mister! >:o
But you don't go around saying that the iPhone sucks.

And I don't see anything wrong with Leopard when I use it at school. Not for what I do. But there's a lot of new features that I saw in the Keynote last night that made me consider keeping Snow Leopard installed when I get my MacBook sometime next year or so.

I find Leopard to be a lot more secure than Vista anyway, so no matter what it'll be an upgrade for me despite the fact that I'll probably boot camp into Windows Vista or Windows 7. But that's getting off topic, so~

Yeah... I would rather use Leopard than Snow Leopard, but I'm debating that now after finally getting able to watch the Keynote that gave so much more than what I read in the articles I found.

What I'm most excited for is the iPhone3G S, though.
Old June 9th, 2009, 05:07 AM
Mitchman

I actually have a small distaste and dislike for apple products as I really love me some buttons and a high resolution camera and a flash but I will not go into that. Because I am considering it as its so simple yet amazing. Though a few buttons for the gamers wouldn't hurt apple...
Old June 9th, 2009, 05:13 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abercrombie View Post
Or... people who don't see the appeal in an iPhone and disagree with the apparent need to go out and buy a new one just because a new one is available? From all the people I know with an iPhone, I don't think ANY of them aren't planning on upgrading this year even if they got their iPhone just last year.

I wish I had that kind of disposable income but I guess I'm not cool enough to be an Apple person and it's obv. the only reason I don't like the iPhone. :'(

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old June 9th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Eureka1
Yay IIDX! :D

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakachamo View Post
And you strike again with your grammar failure trying to act all cool.
You think I'm trying to act cool?

They know their fanbase are drones, that's why new products are released bimonthly. At least it was nice to see their sales have been down recently.
Old June 9th, 2009, 05:30 AM
Wish
No spoils for the meek.

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Wish Send a message via Skype™ to Wish
I don't feel the need to upgrade my iPhone yet again. I already get charged well enough via cell phone bills and expenses. As long as I get MMS on my iPhone, I'm fine. So what I'm really anticipated for is the iPhone 3.0 update for the 3G.

Paired with: Netto Azure
Old June 9th, 2009, 06:23 AM
Gerri Shin
  

Nature: Modest
I'll be sticking with my iPod Touch and simply upgrading to the 3.0 software. I can't afford an iPhone yet. My main interest during this year's keynote was Snow Leopard. I really hope to see what some of the rumours floating around about the new boot camp software will have feature-wise. I've heard it's supposed to enable HFS+ support for windows.

Last edited by Gerri Shin; June 9th, 2009 at 09:09 AM. Reason: fixed my spelling errors
Old June 9th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Lover's Kite
the age of empathy
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Lover's Kite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wish View Post
I don't feel the need to upgrade my iPhone yet again. I already get charged well enough via cell phone bills and expenses. As long as I get MMS on my iPhone, I'm fine. So what I'm really anticipated for is the iPhone 3.0 update for the 3G.
YES YES YES.
But it won't be available for AT&T customers until later this summer. :<
But I can't wait to download the update, o3o, I'm glad about the Safari improvements (it's crashed on me soooo many times, but that's probably because I had alot of pages open lol) and that MobileMe Remote Wipeout is really cool but I'm not a subscriber either. :(
Cut, Copy & Paste, the Landscape Keyboard for all standard apps, Spotlight Search are all and will be handy~ It needs to be June 17th already.
Old June 9th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Wish
No spoils for the meek.

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Wish Send a message via Skype™ to Wish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cady Heron View Post
YES YES YES.
But it won't be available for AT&T customers until later this summer. :<
But I can't wait to download the update, o3o, I'm glad about the Safari improvements (it's crashed on me soooo many times, but that's probably because I had alot of pages open lol) and that MobileMe Remote Wipeout is really cool but I'm not a subscriber either. :(
Cut, Copy & Paste, the Landscape Keyboard for all standard apps, Spotlight Search are all and will be handy~ It needs to be June 17th already.
What? We have to wait longer for MMS? I'm tired of seeing those viewmymessage.com links everytime someone tries to send me a MMS. >.>

Paired with: Netto Azure
Old June 9th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Lover's Kite
the age of empathy
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Lover's Kite
Sadly (I'm with AT&T too). :(
Old June 9th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Arago
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
Or... people who don't see the appeal in an iPhone and disagree with the apparent need to go out and buy a new one just because a new one is available? From all the people I know with an iPhone, I don't think ANY of them aren't planning on upgrading this year even if they got their iPhone just last year.

I wish I had that kind of disposable income but I guess I'm not cool enough to be an Apple person and it's obv. the only reason I don't like the iPhone. :'(
But you don't go around saying that they suck or saying that it's a fail phone. That was what I was addressing. People saying that the iPhone is a fail phone. Not people who aren't getting it.
Old June 9th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abercrombie View Post
But you don't go around saying that they suck or saying that it's a fail phone. That was what I was addressing. People saying that the iPhone is a fail phone. Not people who aren't getting it.
Well, I didn't say it was great, either. Should include more for the price, imo, but 3.0 fixes some of that. It's a phone, it (presumably) functions as a phone so you can't say it fails at one.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links