Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Reload this Page FireRed hack: [HotM September] Pokémon Eruption

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread

Old July 31st, 2009 (09:57 PM).
Journeyman of Forgotten Lands

Nature: Modest
This is shaping up to be a great hack. The maps are well designed, there isn't anything out of the ordinary, and it's funny too

Can't wait for the beta release.

Fire Red Gold Emerald Diamond

Come on, you know you want to. Play these awesome hacks

Old August 2nd, 2009 (08:38 AM). Edited August 2nd, 2009 by alo123.
Munchlax Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Those screen shots are great and the sliver OW is looking
nice too can't for the beta good luck
Sign up using this link and you can earn free prizes like psn cards, xbox cards and more just for downloading apps on your phone or doing offers and surveys every 100 points equals a dollar and when you sign up with this link you get 250 points
http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=uin1355240952
Old August 2nd, 2009 (10:55 AM).
I'm honestly just that awesome

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by trebornosliw:
and you seem to have prevented Cyndaquil from evolving for a time (for which I hate you just a little)
Actually, when Cyndaquil faked evolving, it wasn't even the right level to evolve! Cyndaquil evolves into Quilava at level 14, which it hadn't reached yet.

Old August 2nd, 2009 (11:47 AM).
Suicune used Surf!

Well I can say that this game is well scripted. I can't say I'm a big fan of the maps. They're well designed but there is hardly any playability.
Old August 2nd, 2009 (11:59 AM).
Learning

Quote originally posted by lizardman974:
Actually, when Cyndaquil faked evolving, it wasn't even the right level to evolve! Cyndaquil evolves into Quilava at level 14, which it hadn't reached yet.
My Cyndaquil didn't try to evolve 'til level 14...
Old August 2nd, 2009 (12:16 PM).
Munchlax Trainer

My Cyndaquil didn't try to evolve 'til level 14...
The reason it did not evolve at the lvl it is supposed to evolve at
is that you did not have the pokedex yet without it the pokemon
can not evolve
Sign up using this link and you can earn free prizes like psn cards, xbox cards and more just for downloading apps on your phone or doing offers and surveys every 100 points equals a dollar and when you sign up with this link you get 250 points
Old August 2nd, 2009 (12:30 PM).
Ex-ROM Hacker

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by lizardman974:
Spoiler:
You obviously aren't a scripter! :D

You see when Cyndaquil reached level 14 and wouldn't evolve it was because the national Pokedex wasn't activated!

Nintendo actually made FR/LG that way so you couldn't evolve Kanto Pokemon into Johto or Hoenn Pokemon! So it tries to evolve but can't, understand? :D

Although, cooley could fix that by setting the flag in one of the scripts before that happens, like when Cyndaquil is obtained, perhaps.

On-Topic:
Well, those previous updates a few post back... Those are nice!
I like the OW of the Admin...
I think that the Sprite could be a little better but whatever! It works!

This hack seems to be progressing nicely!

~Flaming Flarez~
~No need for words~

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old August 2nd, 2009 (06:59 PM).
///Keepin' it simple
Silver Tier

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cooley Send a message via Skype™ to cooley
Quote originally posted by Flaming Flarez:
Spoiler:
You obviously aren't a scripter! :D

You see when Cyndaquil reached level 14 and wouldn't evolve it was because the national Pokedex wasn't activated!

Nintendo actually made FR/LG that way so you couldn't evolve Kanto Pokemon into Johto or Hoenn Pokemon! So it tries to evolve but can't, understand? :D

Although, cooley could fix that by setting the flag in one of the scripts before that happens, like when Cyndaquil is obtained, perhaps.

On-Topic:
Well, those previous updates a few post back... Those are nice!
I like the OW of the Admin...
I think that the Sprite could be a little better but whatever! It works!

This hack seems to be progressing nicely!

~Flaming Flarez~
~No need for words~
Well as always, I appreciate your input
And the Cyndaquil evolving thing... It's not a bug, it's a way to make sure you catch other Pokémon and train them, instead of Leveling up Cyndaquil until he's level 30 before the Alpha ends xD

Quote originally posted by SharpPoint:
Well I can say that this game is well scripted. I can't say I'm a big fan of the maps. They're well designed but there is hardly any playability.
The maps are a way to make sure you play the game longer. But after the Alpha, I realized it's a kinda cheap shot
So in the Beta, you'll get a lot of playability

OK, I get it. Not mad at you by the way (I have no reason to be, since the hack itself wouldn't exist without you), you have a good point about the Hoenn starters...
Now as for the Cyndaquil event, the evolution probably wouldn't be as much of a problem (I'm sure Typhlosion can smell just as well as Cyndaquil) but you're absolutely right when you mention the possibility that Cyndaquil has been deposited. Here are two ideas for that:

1. The player is the one to notice the kidnapped Cyndaquil, he either hears them or sees a Knox grunt running down an escapee.

2. The player has to pose as a Knox grunt to infiltrate a hidden base on a specific mission to free the Cyndaquil. As part of his cover, he can be required to bring a Cyndaquil with him (he can say he caught a runaway?). There are still the previously mentioned flaws, but if he has to have Cyndaquil with him, he can't deposit it, and you seem to have prevented Cyndaquil from evolving for a time (for which I hate you just a little). But in any case, it doesn't even necessarily have to be a Cyndaquil that the player takes "hostage." Another option would be that the player teams up with a Legendary Pokemon (or someone makes a mock-up of one) and pretends to be taking it to the Boss.
The most awkward part of this event (for me) would be finding a way to change the players OW sprite temporarily to look more like a Knox Grunt...

Anyway, thanks for hearing me out. Again, and I guess I've said this about a million times by now, you've done a great job with this. Keep it up!
Thanks, again

Okay, I appreciate your concern for Eruption, and I understand you want it to be fun and exciting to play through, but your Ideas don't seem... Real. For Silver to take a Pokémon hostage to help the other Pokémon, would throw off the whole storyline I've planned. Coherently speaking, this event requires too much to seem logical. And it seems a bit silly to me.

If I were to make this, it would be long and annoying to script, that's the whole reason basically. Not to put your Idea down or anything, but it doesn't seem practical to the storyline.

Old August 2nd, 2009 (07:44 PM). Edited August 3rd, 2009 by trebornosliw.
Learning

Quote originally posted by cooley:
Okay, I appreciate your concern for Eruption, and I understand you want it to be fun and exciting to play through, but your Ideas don't seem... Real. For Silver to take a Pokémon hostage to help the other Pokémon, would throw off the whole storyline I've planned. Coherently speaking, this event requires too much to seem logical. And it seems a bit silly to me.

If I were to make this, it would be long and annoying to script, that's the whole reason basically. Not to put your Idea down or anything, but it doesn't seem practical to the storyline.
Okay, I get it. Sorry if I'm becoming annoying, I just tend to let my mouth run (or my fingers in this case).
From this point on I'll avoid offering suggestions unless I'm asked to, although I do want to clarify something real quick.
I didn't mean that Silver should take a Pokemon hostage, I was saying that he might fake doing so. Granted, it's kind of an overused line, and it would probably be a pain to script. Anyway, thanks for your patience with me. Shutting up.
Keep up the good work!
Old August 3rd, 2009 (04:05 AM).
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Is Cyndaquil going to evolve or not? Anyways, I pretty like your Knox Admin OW, as it's awesome. Well, if you've done the Knox Admin OW, would you consider to do the Knox Grunts' both Male and Female OW's?
Old August 3rd, 2009 (04:09 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Ruka Prince:
Is Cyndaquil going to evolve or not? Anyways, I pretty like your Knox Admin OW, as it's awesome. Well, if you've done the Knox Admin OW, would you consider to do the Knox Grunts' both Male and Female OW's?
I don't think so but I kinda hate when he gains level and started to evolve but nothing happens... it's kinda annoyin'

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 3rd, 2009 (06:47 AM).
Suicune used Surf!

I don't know if it's just me, but I got 16 rare candies.
Old August 3rd, 2009 (07:57 AM).
///Keepin' it simple
Silver Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cooley Send a message via Skype™ to cooley
Quote originally posted by SharpPoint:
I don't know if it's just me, but I got 16 rare candies.
That's a bug. Actually I put it there so I could breeze through battles when testing some events...

Quote originally posted by Ruka Prince:
Why wouldn't Cyndaquil evolve? Of course it'll evolve... It doesn't evolve until you get your Pokédex, and since everyone is putting their Cyndaquil on Steroids, I'll have to raise the level it evolves, to level 17. . And the Grunts, I will probably just change the letter on their shirts and might change the palette.

Okay, I get it. Sorry if I'm becoming annoying, I just tend to let my mouth run (or my fingers in this case).
From this point on I'll avoid offering suggestions unless I'm asked to, although I do want to clarify something real quick.
I didn't mean that Silver should take a Pokemon hostage, I was saying that he might fake doing so. Granted, it's kind of an overused line, and it would probably be a pain to script. Anyway, thanks for your patience with me. Shutting up.
Keep up the good work!
You don't have to shut up, or anything of the like. I was just criticizing your Idea, which is my job as the creator of this hack
______
Okay, good news.. I just finished three events, and only have to do one more which includes Paul, and that should be the whole BETA. I can say it should be out this week, but don't get mad if it doesn't xD

Old August 3rd, 2009 (08:19 AM).

Great game...but the end was a bit weird...
"A strange force is preventing me from entering the cave" "Oh, you can't go in there, sorry!" "then there is olny one thing to do...END THE ALPHA!" ...I mean...wow...Anyway, nice game....so is beta out this week? :D
Old August 3rd, 2009 (09:30 AM).
Munchlax Trainer

So the beta might be out this week great can't wait to see
what it will be like keep up the great work
Old August 3rd, 2009 (09:38 AM).
///Keepin' it simple
Silver Tier

Yes, the BETA will be out this week. I have a feeling the trainers will be a bit too easy :\ So I'll need my Beta testers to test it out.

Oh, and I need one more Beta tester!

Old August 3rd, 2009 (09:59 AM).
Spriter In The Making

Nature: Quirky
ill do it ive played the alpha b4 and will give it try

'tyranilacegon'
Made By The Mystery Egg,
Please visit his Fusion thread.
Old August 3rd, 2009 (10:25 AM).
Learning

Okay, un-shutting up.
If you're limiting the Pokemon to 150, what legendaries will you include, do you think?
Old August 3rd, 2009 (06:52 PM). Edited August 3rd, 2009 by cooley.
///Keepin' it simple
Silver Tier

Okay, un-shutting up.
If you're limiting the Pokemon to 150, what legendaries will you include, do you think?
Well, Entei of course.. I dunno about groudon though, I don't think there's enough space for two "Erupting" Pokemon... Unless you have an idea of some sort

Celebi, will most likely be included, Jirachi, and one of the three legendary Birds. When the Hack is complete I'll release a patch that allows you to catch the other Legendary dogs/cats/mice whatever you want to call them. I should/could add more, but there aren't too many Legendary Pokémon you encounter on/around level 20 (except Rotom, and Regiggigas) meaning the hack should be extended to give the Player enough time to level his pokemon up to at least 35.

Wow, what a post... Well hope that answers it..

Quote originally posted by pokekingkian:
ill do it ive played the alpha b4 and will give it try
Give what a try? Being a beta tester?

Old August 3rd, 2009 (07:07 PM).
Learning

Two Erupting Pokemon...
I suppose you could make one the cause of the other... but really, I have no good ideas. What you could do is bring in Suicune as the key to 'neutralizing' Entei, or even try to do that with Groudon (say the one is ticked off that the other is erupting his volcano...) but again, I'm not really sure.
Whatever, you've done a great job so far. I'm sure this will continue to be a great hack. Keep it up!
Oh, and you could always insert some sort of Legendary egg, earlier in the game, but late enough that it will still have some serious catching up to do.
Personally, I think you should somehow include Mewtwo, because he is the incarnation of awesome.
But that's coming from a guy who thinks Blissey should be a legendary.
Old August 4th, 2009 (06:55 AM).

I would gladly beta test for you!!! i'm really new here but i saw this hack about a week ago and i thought it looks absolutely amazing! you've done a great job on it so far, so even if i can't beta test i will be waiting for the beta to come out
Old August 4th, 2009 (07:24 AM).
///Keepin' it simple
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by klinkdawg:
I would gladly beta test for you!!! i'm really new here but i saw this hack about a week ago and i thought it looks absolutely amazing! you've done a great job on it so far, so even if i can't beta test i will be waiting for the beta to come out
I appreciate it, but it's as you said.. You're pretty new. You have to be -- this tall to enter xD. But on the bright side, you only have to wait a little while to play

Two Erupting Pokemon...
I suppose you could make one the cause of the other... but really, I have no good ideas. What you could do is bring in Suicune as the key to 'neutralizing' Entei, or even try to do that with Groudon (say the one is ticked off that the other is erupting his volcano...) but again, I'm not really sure.
Whatever, you've done a great job so far. I'm sure this will continue to be a great hack. Keep it up!
Oh, and you could always insert some sort of Legendary egg, earlier in the game, but late enough that it will still have some serious catching up to do.
Personally, I think you should somehow include Mewtwo, because he is the incarnation of awesome.
But that's coming from a guy who thinks Blissey should be a legendary.
I suppose so.. Or even Suicune can create some sort of Orb that neutralizes Groudon

Err, you think Blissey should be legendary? XDDD

Old August 4th, 2009 (07:40 AM). Edited August 4th, 2009 by klinkdawg.

I appreciate it, but it's as you said.. You're pretty new. You have to be -- this tall to enter xD. But on the bright side, you only have to wait a little while to play
thats alright, i didn't really expect you'd pick me but it was worth a shot xD i can't wait for the release now!

Good luck

Old August 4th, 2009 (07:49 AM).
Spriter In The Making

Nature: Quirky
Give what a try? Being a beta tester?
yeh i really enjoyed this hack and would happily look for bugs for you

'tyranilacegon'
Made By The Mystery Egg,
Please visit his Fusion thread.
Old August 4th, 2009 (10:39 AM).
Learning

I suppose so.. Or even Suicune can create some sort of Orb that neutralizes Groudon

Err, you think Blissey should be legendary? XDDD
I didn't think of that. It would be an interesting twist, and I think there's actually a Special that activates the Orb script already (though that's probably only for Ruby).
Yes, I think Blissey should be a legendary. There's a sickening level of Legendary discrimination against pink puffballs.
Plus, Blissey is ridiculously awesome anyway.

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)