The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread

Old August 4th, 2009, 12:48 PM
luigi-guy
Beginning Trainer

Hm...I supose I could be a better tester for you, I've been here for a while and this is one of the few games I've actually enjoyed.
I talk to EVERYONE and read EVERY sign, I even look at objects like painting and bookcases to see what they say XD (Wait...how can I do that?! The don't talk!)
I guess it doesn't matter if I don't because its being released this week anyway XD

[edit] And as soon as I get the ROM I'll start BETA testing, I've already got 6 clean FR roms.
Old August 4th, 2009, 06:57 PM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cooley Send a message via Skype™ to cooley
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post
I didn't think of that. It would be an interesting twist, and I think there's actually a Special that activates the Orb script already (though that's probably only for Ruby).
Yes, I think Blissey should be a legendary. There's a sickening level of Legendary discrimination against pink puffballs.
Plus, Blissey is ridiculously awesome anyway.
I would have to agree with you, but what about mew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi-guy View Post
Hm...I supose I could be a better tester for you, I've been here for a while and this is one of the few games I've actually enjoyed.
I talk to EVERYONE and read EVERY sign, I even look at objects like painting and bookcases to see what they say XD (Wait...how can I do that?! The don't talk!)
I guess it doesn't matter if I don't because its being released this week anyway XD

[edit] And as soon as I get the ROM I'll start BETA testing, I've already got 6 clean FR roms.
Well.. You've seem to have persuade me. So, I'll allow you to Beta test! Expect a PM soon

Old August 4th, 2009, 07:10 PM
trebornosliw
Learning

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooley View Post
I would have to agree with you, but what about mew?
Well, I've always preferred Mewtwo to Mew (and Blissey. Have I mentioned that Blissey is awesome? You should make the giant ultimate super-awesome Blissey that-)ahem, erm, where was I...
Yeah, Mew would be great, but where would you put him? Also, I've heard that if you catch Mew in the wild, he doesn't obey you...
You should have the Professor give Mew to you if you complete the regional dex (though that might get a little complicated to script, since you'd have to somehow seperate the Pokemon you include in your dex from those in the National and Kanto dexes). Or maybe you could stick Mew in that cave where you caught the Cyndaquil, for when you come back and revisit. Or maybe you could rescue it from team Knox.
There I go again. Well, where do you think you'll put Mew, if you include him?
Oooooh, I just had a thought. You should stick him under a truck somewhere for nostalgia's sake!
Ah well, keep up the good work! I'm looking forward eagerly to the next release.

EDIT: I just read through my own post and noticed how incredibly goofy it was... sorry about that.

Last edited by trebornosliw; August 4th, 2009 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Noticed supreme goofiness...
Old August 4th, 2009, 07:15 PM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cooley Send a message via Skype™ to cooley
Quote:
Well, I've always preferred Mewtwo to Mew (and Blissey. Have I mentioned that Blissey is awesome? You should make the giant ultimate super-awesome Blissey that-)ahem, erm, where was I...
Yeah, Mew would be great, but where would you put him? Also, I've heard that if you catch Mew in the wild, he doesn't obey you...
You should have the Professor give Mew to you if you complete the regional dex (though that might get a little complicated to script, since you'd have to somehow seperate the Pokemon you include in your dex from those in the National and Kanto dexes). Or maybe you could stick Mew in that cave where you caught the Cyndaquil, for when you come back and revisit. Or maybe you could rescue it from team Knox.
There I go again. Well, where do you think you'll put Mew, if you include him?
Oooooh, I just had a thought. You should stick him under a truck somewhere for nostalgia's sake!
Ah well, keep up the good work! I'm looking forward eagerly to the next release.

EDIT: I just read through my own post and noticed how incredibly goofy it was... sorry about that.
Ooh, well I meant Mew as in you said they exclude pink Pokemon from being legendaries LOL Sorry about that... Mew would definitely cause a lot a problems, and It's not worth creating a time consuming ASM routine over..

Old August 5th, 2009, 01:36 AM
luigi-guy
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Well.. You've seem to have persuade me. So, I'll allow you to Beta test! Expect a PM soon
Um....Pm me sooner? I could be BETA testing right now...(And did I get picked due to the fact that people who have bad grammer and are new might not be good beta testers? XD)
Anyway, Yeah, Pm me as soon as possible.

[edit]: Oops... It seams I wrote "Better tester" Not "Beta Tester" in the post you quoted, Lol
Old August 5th, 2009, 04:24 AM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
This little thingy is doing better and better!

I'm back from the usual summer lazyness, so I just might finish the [VERY SECRET, ONLY COOLEY MAY SEE THIS INFORMATION] (lol) map for you sooner or later, I expect it finished in a day or two, I'll PM you

EDIT: Mapped and sent. Don't read this!

Maybe I should just message you this... Well, done is done!

Last edited by Pokestick, good times.; August 5th, 2009 at 04:58 AM.
Old August 5th, 2009, 09:13 AM
luigi-guy
Beginning Trainer

Um...so am I gonna get to beta test?! Not that I mind, ofcourse, but I've been worring all day thinking that I would be too late to beta test (Haven't had acess to a computer). Lol
Old August 5th, 2009, 06:34 PM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi-guy View Post
Um....Pm me sooner? I could be BETA testing right now...(And did I get picked due to the fact that people who have bad grammer and are new might not be good beta testers? XD)
Anyway, Yeah, Pm me as soon as possible.

[edit]: Oops... It seams I wrote "Better tester" Not "Beta Tester" in the post you quoted, Lol
Umm... When I meant BETA tester, I didn't mean it would be ready, instantly
But anyways, I replied to your PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokestick View Post
This little thingy is doing better and better!

I'm back from the usual summer lazyness, so I just might finish the [VERY SECRET, ONLY COOLEY MAY SEE THIS INFORMATION] (lol) map for you sooner or later, I expect it finished in a day or two, I'll PM you

EDIT: Mapped and sent. Don't read this!

Maybe I should just message you this... Well, done is done!
Lol! I got it.

I have bad news though, unfortunately. I decided to add one more event, like a storyline event, right before Eruption starts. And everything works perfectly, up until it's time to warp. When the warp starts, it makes the sound (0x9) but it doesn't finish.

I've been working on it for an hour or so, but if nothing works, I'll have to exclude it. It is a very good event too

FIXED!!!

This is what the event would've looked like(well, some of it):

Btw, I made that large ball. And it's not an Overworld

Last edited by cooley; August 5th, 2009 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Added another screen, plus fixed error!
Old August 5th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince
Quote:

I like that Event! I don't want it to be excluded! It's just too awesome to be excluded! I really hope you would fix it because I'm looking forward to play through this event when the Beta is released.

Last edited by Sarcastic Prince; August 5th, 2009 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Spelling Mistake again.
Old August 5th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:

This is what the event would've looked like(well, some of it):

Btw, I made that large ball. And it's not an Overworld
That huge ball is totally awesome!
Is that one of guardian's stones?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 6th, 2009, 12:49 AM
luigi-guy
Beginning Trainer

I'm pretty sure (If not totally correct) thats the stone before it was broken...
Old August 6th, 2009, 02:00 AM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

The event deems really good, but if i can pop in and mention something (as appearence is an important part in any hack to me), then I would recommend you to Block-Edit the upper sides of the platform so that they fit to the black background. It would make it look another bit better, as the details together make the big thing really good, right

Aside from that little note, then I must say that this event seems relly good, it's gotta explain a lot for the story... Even if I actually see a cutscene similar to that one in like every single hack nowadays... Well, that's because they're good, right? And this ought to be special!

Happy Hacking, Cooley!

Old August 6th, 2009, 12:47 PM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
That huge ball is totally awesome!
Is that one of guardian's stones?
Yes, it is! It's the original one though. Find out more in the BETA.

Quote:
The event deems really good, but if i can pop in and mention something (as appearence is an important part in any hack to me), then I would recommend you to Block-Edit the upper sides of the platform so that they fit to the black background. It would make it look another bit better, as the details together make the big thing really good, right

Aside from that little note, then I must say that this event seems relly good, it's gotta explain a lot for the story... Even if I actually see a cutscene similar to that one in like every single hack nowadays... Well, that's because they're good, right? And this ought to be special!

Happy Hacking, Cooley!
Thanks a lot, and about the tile error.. It appears it's too late, but I'll fix it sooner or later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruka Prince View Post
I like that Event! I don't want it to be excluded! It's just too awesome to be excluded! I really hope you would fix it because I'm looking forward to play through this event when the Beta is released.
Thanks, it'll be out soon enough

Old August 6th, 2009, 02:22 PM
trebornosliw
Learning

That looks like a nice event, and some superb scripting, as usual. I look forward to seeing it in-game (and to finally evolving my Cyndaquil). Just one thing; it's spelled 'guardian.'
And one other thing occured to me. You have said that you will only be inserting some of the Pokemon on the national dex, not all. As I sat and pondered the deep matters of the universe, an appalling, unspeakable, deplorable possibility passed through my mind. Though I am sure no one would be depraved enough to make such an unforgiveable exclusion, I must ask;
you are going to include Blissey, right?
Old August 6th, 2009, 04:39 PM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

Quote:
That looks like a nice event, and some superb scripting, as usual. I look forward to seeing it in-game (and to finally evolving my Cyndaquil). Just one thing; it's spelled 'guardian.'
And one other thing occured to me. You have said that you will only be inserting some of the Pokemon on the national dex, not all. As I sat and pondered the deep matters of the universe, an appalling, unspeakable, deplorable possibility passed through my mind. Though I am sure no one would be depraved enough to make such an unforgiveable exclusion, I must ask;
you are going to include Blissey, right?
Unfortunately, Blissey has no importance to the Pokemon world.. Just kidding, of course it'll be included. And I'll even make a person give you one (Just like the person in Silph Co. gave Ash a Lapras)

Old August 6th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
(Just like the person in Silph Co. gave Ash a Lapras)
Umm.. just to correct you, it's Red, not Ash if you are referring to FR.
Old August 6th, 2009, 05:18 PM
alo123
Munchlax Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Unfortunately, Blissey has no importance to the Pokemon world.. Just kidding, of course it'll be included. And I'll even make a person give you one (Just like the person in Silph Co. gave Ash a Lapras)
When the person gives you it will it be a Happiny/Chansey
or will it be just a Blissey just wondering
Sign up using this link and you can earn free prizes like psn cards, xbox cards and more just for downloading apps on your phone or doing offers and surveys every 100 points equals a dollar and when you sign up with this link you get 250 points
http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=uin1355240952
Old August 6th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by alo123 View Post
Egg of Happiny is imo best solution

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 7th, 2009, 02:12 AM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

But what would a Happiny do in a FR hack?

I liked that Lapras, the one that RED was given... I use it as a HM-slave :p

Old August 7th, 2009, 05:18 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
But what would a Happiny do in a FR hack?

I liked that Lapras, the one that RED was given... I use it as a HM-slave :p
Maybe Cooley will add some D/P/P Pokemon, or something like that.
Old August 7th, 2009, 05:39 AM
trebornosliw
Learning

Quote:
Thank goodness, I was worried for a second.
This thread is looking better and better all the time. Keep up the good work on this amazing (and Blissey-inclusive) hack!
By the way, how long do you think you'll make Eruption? By the time the player finishes the plot, what level will their party be, roughly?
Old August 7th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Cнαяcнιc
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cнαяcнιc
Like the look of this. I will be keeping an eye as this hack developes.

Charchic.
Old August 8th, 2009, 02:06 AM
Tudj
HeartGold :P

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tudj
This is a great hack, I like the tiles and the cyndaquil events, hope you can carry through with this

ShadowDestiny AshGray ToxicPurple SilverCurrent
Old August 9th, 2009, 06:31 PM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

Quote:
Umm.. just to correct you, it's Red, not Ash if you are referring to FR.
Yeah, well.. It doesn't matter, well not to me that is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alo123 View Post
It'll just be a Blissey.

Quote:
Maybe Cooley will add some D/P/P Pokemon, or something like that.
No, it's not necessary. D/P/P Pokémon mess up a great hack, if I wanted D/P/P Pokémon I would've just hacked Diamond/Pearl/Platinum xD

Quote:
Thank goodness, I was worried for a second.
This thread is looking better and better all the time. Keep up the good work on this amazing (and Blissey-inclusive) hack!
By the way, how long do you think you'll make Eruption? By the time the player finishes the plot, what level will their party be, roughly?
Should be around 40-50. Like how it is, in the original games.

_________

New Updates; BETA release

Well, I had an unexpected turn in BETA testers, so really I only had two to detect/try everything. And unfortunately, they seemed to be "in a rush" to do it so.. I took what they reported, fixed it, and fixed anything else they didn't say.

Okay enough of personal business, and more of BETA business.
The BETA is below, play it to your hearts content. Let me know what you feel about it, etc. Sorry I'm one day late, but I bet no one really cares that much.

I won't be here for the next seven days. I'll be attending a(n) international camporee in Wisconsin. Good luck to you all with the BETA (in case it doesn't work), and don't forget to brush twice a day!
Attached Files
File Type: ips Pokemon Eruption v2.1.ips‎ (9.7 KB, 27 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Old August 9th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Makorin
Ex-ROM Hacker

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Yeah, well.. It doesn't matter, well not to me that is.

It'll just be a Blissey.

No, it's not necessary. D/P/P Pokémon mess up a great hack, if I wanted D/P/P Pokémon I would've just hacked Diamond/Pearl/Platinum xD

Should be around 40-50. Like how it is, in the original games.

_________

New Updates; BETA release

Well, I had an unexpected turn in BETA testers, so really I only had two to detect/try everything. And unfortunately, they seemed to be "in a rush" to do it so.. I took what they reported, fixed it, and fixed anything else they didn't say.

Okay enough of personal business, and more of BETA business.
The BETA is below, play it to your hearts content. Let me know what you feel about it, etc. Sorry I'm one day late, but I bet no one really cares that much.

I won't be here for the next seven days. I'll be attending a(n) international camporee in Wisconsin. Good luck to you all with the BETA (in case it doesn't work), and don't forget to brush twice a day!
Wooo! A beta!
say... Your going to WI? That's where I live!

Well I hope this beta is as exciting as the screenies and Vids!
[will most likely edit post or put up new post when I'm done playing!]

~Flaming Flarez~
~Eruption Beta! How fun~

~EDIT~ um.. what the heck...
all that is changed is the intro sequence...
that is all that is different from FR/LG

Although I did go into A-Map and saw a map but it really didn't matter...
No other Maps, No Scripts, No nothing...

I thought this had to be some sort of joke...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last edited by Makorin; August 9th, 2009 at 07:04 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links