The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread

Old July 2nd, 2009, 07:42 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
First ya shouldn't still asking 'bout the TM's if noone answered
Ya see we don't know where those TM's are...
And after first badge of OL the only thing left is to train

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 2nd, 2009, 11:44 AM
SSJLightUchiha
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Bashful
Are the battles between Axel and Silver optional when you try to go into Ilex Forest or are they suppose to challenge you? I already defeated Team Rocket and Bugsy so I tried to go into Ilex Forest when Axel challenged me but during the battle, I had to turn my game off and go somewhere. When I came back, instead of trying to go straight to Ilex forest I went back to union cave to catch a rattata so I could teach it cut. Now when I went to go face them, it let's me go into the forest without them challenging me. Will it let me face them again in the other towns or will I have to start over again in order to be able to face them? I'm playing this on my PSP btw. Thanks
Old July 2nd, 2009, 06:15 PM
michaelzhang1989
Beginning Trainer

so far it is a amazing hack game..
for me its even better than nintendo's
god please update..
cant wait..
!&^%!$!^%!*^~~!
Old July 2nd, 2009, 10:33 PM
Amross
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by ShinyBlaziken View Post
And where can I get Blizzard, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt?

I've got now the Platinum Badge. The first Badge of the Orange Island.
Is there anything else that I can do in this Beta now or is this the End?
I found blizzard and thunder by digging in the cave behind bill's house in kanto, I actually got rich after playing that game about 10 times lol. I was already rich but I got so much more rich.
Its a fun game.
Old July 7th, 2009, 03:42 AM
wizzard
im like glitches and hacks :D

where can i find Leaf Stones? I need to evolve my Exeggcute

Koopa Wizzard the level 99 Buizel!

Old July 7th, 2009, 03:44 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
Quote:
I need help!
I've beaten Lance now the second time and now i want to continue but it doesn't work.
At one part in the End Credits the game just freezes and i can't do anything.

so what shall i do???
the game saves automatically before the credits begin. for some reason it freezes through the credits randomly but its not a big problem. just restart and it will have saved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Odius View Post
Thanks. Can anyone tell me how to patch. I downloaded beta 2.1 and the patching program in LaZ's sig but i keep getting an error : Failed! Input checksum is invalid. I have windows xp if that helps.
that means that the rom your trying to patch over has been edited already. download a rom from a different place and try again.

Quote:
Where can I find the Ice Beam, Blizzard and Thundershock TM's?

Oh, and where can I find Moltres??
moltres is not available yet. will be in beta 3 :P

Quote:
And where can I get Blizzard, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt?

I've got now the Platinum Badge. The first Badge of the Orange Island.
Is there anything else that I can do in this Beta now or is this the End?
that is the end so far. you just need to train and explore now :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJLightUchiha View Post
Are the battles between Axel and Silver optional when you try to go into Ilex Forest or are they suppose to challenge you? I already defeated Team Rocket and Bugsy so I tried to go into Ilex Forest when Axel challenged me but during the battle, I had to turn my game off and go somewhere. When I came back, instead of trying to go straight to Ilex forest I went back to union cave to catch a rattata so I could teach it cut. Now when I went to go face them, it let's me go into the forest without them challenging me. Will it let me face them again in the other towns or will I have to start over again in order to be able to face them? I'm playing this on my PSP btw. Thanks
there is something up with that script and the flags. i will need to fix that. if you got past without battling then i think you wont be able to baqttle them again there. the other battles will work fine though.

link
Old July 7th, 2009, 11:07 AM
wizzard

where can i find Leaf Stones? I need to evolve my Exeggcute

Last edited by wizzard; July 8th, 2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old July 7th, 2009, 01:37 PM
speeddevil92
Beginning Trainer

My game keeps freezing whenever my pokemon tries to learn a new move. I am using the No$GBA emulator, if that helps.
Old July 8th, 2009, 10:45 AM
goldfan1992
Intermediate Hacker Genius

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by speeddevil92 View Post
My game keeps freezing whenever my pokemon tries to learn a new move. I am using the No$GBA emulator, if that helps.
I am receiving the same problem, and thus it has unfortunately caused me to go through most of the fired red roms out there XP

At first I believed it to be a problem with the trades such as the onix trade in violet or a problem with the eggs, such as the togepi egg. This has caused me some difficulty but i'm going to try the vba again(i was having saving issues before hand). LaZ, if you wouldn't mind, could you please help us out with this problem? Thanks in advance!
Old July 8th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Ts ts ts... No$GBA isn't very good emulator for GBA roms... hacks especially try VBA maybe it could fix your problem

Old July 8th, 2009, 12:06 PM
speeddevil92
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Ts ts ts... No$GBA isn't very good emulator for GBA roms... hacks especially try VBA maybe it could fix your problem
I figured it was No$GBA. No$GBA is faster than VBA for me. Is there any way I can transfer the save from No$GBA to VBA? I didn't get too far, but it always sucks when I have to start over again.
Old July 8th, 2009, 12:47 PM
wizzard

VBA is actually better, because No$GBA is not that stable like VBA. I had some problems with No$GBA. like i did something else like 15 mins long then i want to play No$GBA again and i cant open it, it freezed sometimes etc.

also you can uncheck Synchronize so it is faster. or just hold Space at VBA

and make this also(i mean VBA):

Options > Gameboy > CHECK gba

Options > Emulator > check Real-Time Clock because of berries

Options > Emulator > Save Type > FLASH 128K

then nearly all things should work. also you can use VBALink to trade pokemon between Editions.

Hope i could help.

btw: some body can answer my question? :D where can i find Leaf Stones? I need to evolve my Exeggcute.

Old July 8th, 2009, 01:13 PM
goldfan1992
Intermediate Hacker Genius

Nature: Bold
Thanks you two, you helped me out. VBA is working better than NO$GBA(Even though I'm still checking my pokemon's summary often to make sure I can still see it ).

Also, thanks for letting me know some of the stuff I can do to make it work better(Synch. Off, 128K Save, RTC, etc.). It's working great and fast!

Gold Out!
Old July 8th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
I figured it was No$GBA. No$GBA is faster than VBA for me. Is there any way I can transfer the save from No$GBA to VBA? I didn't get too far, but it always sucks when I have to start over again.
Well I doubt that any converter exist... Since No$GBA and VBA are both using their own save types... I guess ya have to start all over again

Old July 9th, 2009, 03:07 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzard View Post
where can i find Leaf Stones? I need to evolve my Exeggcute :(
there are stone sellers around places. i actully cant remember where they are so your gonna have to find them LOL. soz.

link
Old July 11th, 2009, 01:43 PM
ShinyMeganium
Trainer

Erm, wondering: isn't there any place I could trade with FRLG etc?

P.S, wonderful game XD

Edit: umm, I just read the Walkthrough a bit. And I also thought about a great solution for the trade thing. But a question - will it be possible to evolve the gift-starters (both of Kanto and Johto)? Thanks in advance...

Last edited by ShinyMeganium; July 11th, 2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old July 13th, 2009, 07:10 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

well in the next beta there will be places you can trade and battle through the link. also you can evolve the johto and kanto starters too :P in the next beta.

link
Old July 13th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
well in the next beta there will be places you can trade and battle through the link. also you can evolve the johto and kanto starters too in the next beta.
Mind if I ask how the work on the next beta continuing?
I mean if it'll be released before HG/SS?

Old July 13th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Chimchar 9
inactive ~ depression :/

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chimchar 9
Lol.
I'm playing this for the 13th time, and yet I'm still not bored of playing it.
Btw Laz i don't think you've noticed this, but there are some sprites without scripts.
Good luck on it!
Old July 13th, 2009, 11:17 AM
PatJamma
♪I can hear my heart bell♪

Nature: Relaxed
Ok so heres my problem I found an invisable bad egg in box 1 of the pc and moved it by mistake and when i went and fought the red garydos it looked like it was starting normal but then when the screen was black it froze but the music was still playing so are the bad egg and red garydos conected or something?
Old July 14th, 2009, 02:44 PM
KissTheSkull656
Trainer

Where do I find the black glasses?
Old July 16th, 2009, 12:57 PM
klinkdawg
Beginning Trainer

i'm trying to get lugia but i'm having some trouble...

i go into the bottom right whirl island like it says on the guide, but then it says go down the waterfall. THERE IS NO WATERFALL!!! (not that i can find at least...) please help me out

PS - i do have the silverwing...
Old July 16th, 2009, 07:05 PM
CCWing00
Beginning Trainer

I can't seem to find a scyther anywhere, anyone know where it is?
Old July 17th, 2009, 01:32 PM
ShinyMeganium
Trainer

Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
well in the next beta there will be places you can trade and battle through the link. also you can evolve the johto and kanto starters too in the next beta.

link
Oh, totally awesome! May I request that you'll add the Ruby/Sapphire stones too, possibly as an Orange Islands event, to save time while trading? XD Thanks in advance.

And for the HGSS thing, I think it's very reasonable to play this one even when those games will come out; they 99% won't have Orange Islands IMO, and unless god above makes it happen, they'd never have the Team Static events and all the new stuff in this game...i`d also like to have a GBA representation for G/S/C, and fan-made hacks/remakes/etc always have some common pros over normal games ;p (and cons too lol).

Plus, we most likely won't catch Suicune so easily in the remakes (it's not a Crystal remake), and they'll only come in English in a few months or so.

Some answers:
CCWing00 - i`ve just looked for it in the Pokemon Location FAQ, apparently it wasn't implemented to the game yet. Probably because (as far as I remember), you could only catch it in the Bug Contest, though this function is not supported yet.
klinkdawg - I've just went to check it, I entered from anywhere possible I think to the While Islands and I have that thing too. There's probably a bug or something, I also couldn't find any videos, and I found those for other legendaries.

Oh and I forgot I have a question too:
Since I haven't encountered the other legendary beasts I can't tell, do they really roam around Johto (and Kanto or only Johto?)?

Oh IMPORTANT EDIT: Found the solution for Lugia - it's the UPPER right cave, not the bottom right. Once you enter it, jump off the upper ledge, take the ladder, surf, go down, go down the waterfall, take the upper land below the waterfall and then go up the ledge. Surf up, Lugia is there. I could make a video if it's really necessary, but it's quite easy.

Last edited by ShinyMeganium; July 17th, 2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old July 18th, 2009, 11:04 AM
PatJamma
♪I can hear my heart bell♪

Nature: Relaxed
hey in the tm dig game you can walk on the back walls on the right side and from there you can walk way over to the left where you can try to dig for tms but a weird text shows up insted
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here