The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread

Old July 19th, 2009, 11:53 PM
wreck1
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
this hack is dope. probably the best hack i've ever played. i like how long it is keeps you interested and all the battles although some sprites look weird like charizard and golem idk personal opinion i don't really dig em. there some glitches like you can't use your bike on the first orange island and in that city with the first gym you can walk on the water small glitches that can be fixed. Great hack. Keep it up. I can't wait for the final product.
Old July 21st, 2009, 04:53 PM
red fraction
solitude is your only friend

Nature: Lonely
how do i get tyrogue?
probably a stupid question

Old July 21st, 2009, 05:23 PM
Aljam
Pierce the heavens
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by red fraction View Post
how do i get tyrogue?
you get it where you get it in crystal, Mt. Mortar.
Old July 21st, 2009, 11:57 PM
DoodleZ
Wild Trainer Appeared!

Argh!
I just finished Lance and untill now i forgot to use Regular Saving
So when i saved now it says "Save Error Please exchange the memory backup" or something like that.
Luckly I had an Emulator save right before Lance.
The Problem is that to continue the game after Lance you have to start the rom over and click Continue, which i obviously dont have since the Save Error thingy.

Anyways , Is there a way to fix Save Error without starting a new game?
Is there a way to fix Save Error at all?
I dont really care if i'll have to start a new game because i just did half a game..

Old July 23rd, 2009, 04:55 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Mind if I ask how the work on the next beta continuing? :)
I mean if it'll be released before HG/SS? :)
Well the work is progressing steadily actully. im not planing to release before or after HGSS. it will be released when its ready :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchlax™ View Post
Lol.
I'm playing this for the 13th time, and yet I'm still not bored of playing it.:P
Btw Laz i don't think you've noticed this, but there are some sprites without scripts.
Good luck on it!
xD thats good to know. all errors will be fixed for beta 3. btw this is a help thread not an comments thread xD. Comments are always welcome though of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatJamma View Post
Ok so heres my problem I found an invisable bad egg in box 1 of the pc and moved it by mistake and when i went and fought the red garydos it looked like it was starting normal but then when the screen was black it froze but the music was still playing so are the bad egg and red garydos conected or something?
well the bad egg glitch i haven't investigated yet. i have no idea what causes it. no idea what happens if you move/release it. so i dont have an awnser really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissTheSkull656 View Post
Where do I find the black glasses?
I think in dark cave somewhere. not 100% though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klinkdawg View Post
i'm trying to get lugia but i'm having some trouble...

i go into the bottom right whirl island like it says on the guide, but then it says go down the waterfall. THERE IS NO WATERFALL!!! (not that i can find at least...) please help me out :)

PS - i do have the silverwing...
i will make a video showing how to get there soon. maybe today or tomorrow. not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyMeganium View Post
Oh, totally awesome! May I request that you'll add the Ruby/Sapphire stones too, possibly as an Orange Islands event, to save time while trading? XD Thanks in advance.

And for the HGSS thing, I think it's very reasonable to play this one even when those games will come out; they 99% won't have Orange Islands IMO, and unless god above makes it happen, they'd never have the Team Static events and all the new stuff in this game...i`d also like to have a GBA representation for G/S/C, and fan-made hacks/remakes/etc always have some common pros over normal games ;p (and cons too lol).

Plus, we most likely won't catch Suicune so easily in the remakes (it's not a Crystal remake), and they'll only come in English in a few months or so.

Some answers:
CCWing00 - i`ve just looked for it in the Pokemon Location FAQ, apparently it wasn't implemented to the game yet. Probably because (as far as I remember), you could only catch it in the Bug Contest, though this function is not supported yet.
klinkdawg - I've just went to check it, I entered from anywhere possible I think to the While Islands and I have that thing too. There's probably a bug or something, I also couldn't find any videos, and I found those for other legendaries.

Oh and I forgot I have a question too:
Since I haven't encountered the other legendary beasts I can't tell, do they really roam around Johto (and Kanto or only Johto?)?

Oh IMPORTANT EDIT: Found the solution for Lugia - it's the UPPER right cave, not the bottom right. Once you enter it, jump off the upper ledge, take the ladder, surf, go down, go down the waterfall, take the upper land below the waterfall and then go up the ledge. Surf up, Lugia is there. I could make a video if it's really necessary, but it's quite easy.
The stones will be implented already meaning you can trade to RSE straight away. no sidequest to get them :P. also the dogs run wild around johto only. that includes outside mt silver too. the encounter is random and they are available after you release them from the tin tower suicune event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreck1 View Post
this hack is dope. probably the best hack i've ever played. i like how long it is keeps you interested and all the battles although some sprites look weird like charizard and golem idk personal opinion i don't really dig em. there some glitches like you can't use your bike on the first orange island and in that city with the first gym you can walk on the water small glitches that can be fixed. Great hack. Keep it up. I can't wait for the final product.
thanks for the opinions but this is a help thread. this should of really gone in the thread (if it was open) or in a VM. but thanks xD. sprites will be changed for beta 3.

Quote:
how do i get tyrogue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon View Post
you get it where you get it in crystal, Mt. Mortar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoodleZ View Post
Argh!
I just finished Lance and untill now i forgot to use Regular Saving
So when i saved now it says "Save Error Please exchange the memory backup" or something like that.
Luckly I had an Emulator save right before Lance.
The Problem is that to continue the game after Lance you have to start the rom over and click Continue, which i obviously dont have since the Save Error thingy.

Anyways , Is there a way to fix Save Error without starting a new game?
Is there a way to fix Save Error at all?
I dont really care if i'll have to start a new game because i just did half a game..
unfortunitly the only fix know is to start a new game :S. its a pain i know but its the only way. soz

link
Old July 23rd, 2009, 11:41 PM
hamguy4456
Heracross fanatic

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to hamguy4456
I've been searching the threads (and google) as to where i can find a scyther, but with no luck. Can anyone help? (I also checked the wild pokemon locations thread/document)
Old July 24th, 2009, 11:12 AM
ShinyMeganium
Trainer

Originally Posted by hamguy4456 View Post
I've been searching the threads (and google) as to where i can find a scyther, but with no luck. Can anyone help? (I also checked the wild pokemon locations thread/document)
You simply can't catch it yet, i'm pretty sure you or someone else asked and I said that. Regularly you caught it in that Safari-like thing after Goldenrod, but that competition is not active in this beta.

I have 2 suggestions for you:
1. Take a FR rom if you have one (I bet you do cause you play that game through IPS lol), and take your SAV file there (AKA, if your Liquid Crystal's sav is named 'liquidcrystal.sav', turn it into 'firered.sav' or w/e your FR rom is called).
Now either go catch it there or trade it from another FR save if you have one.
IMPORTANT: ONLY SAVE THE GAME, WHEN SWITCHING IT INTO FR OR BACK TO LC, IN A POKEMON CENTER IN KANTO, WHICH IS IN A FLYABLE CITY. Or else you won't be able to get out and it'll get messy. It might be messy anyways, but just get out of the door and get back in.

2. Wait for beta 3, link confirmed you'd be able to trade there anyways, and I bet he'll implement the competition there so you could catch it anyways.

Edit:
Link, I also have a question to you for you, if you don't mind I ask - how long will beta 3 go for, in terms of the cities/gyms in Orange?

Last edited by ShinyMeganium; July 24th, 2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old July 26th, 2009, 07:20 PM
hamguy4456
Heracross fanatic

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to hamguy4456
thanks shinymeganium, didn't think about that.
Old July 27th, 2009, 08:54 AM
grotle323
Beginning Trainer

linkandzlda my game froze when I was in saffaron city basment of team static where zeal told something and i whent to my pokemon swithed herracross for cacturne
and it froze
Old July 28th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Podifo
The Village Pirate Cat

Quote:
how do i get tyrogue?
With me, it hatched from the first egg I got from the Day-Care Man. You will get one for free, without raising Pokemon there.

Hey, I got a question. What happens if I delete Whirpool? How do I get it back?

Last edited by Podifo; July 28th, 2009 at 02:24 AM.
Old July 28th, 2009, 04:38 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podifo View Post
If I remember... buy at Goldenrod Mart?
I don't know exactly but I think I saw it there

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 28th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Podifo
The Village Pirate Cat

Thanks. I have also another question. Where do I find out how much my Pokemon loves me? I'm gonna evolve my Golbat.
EDIT: I just found out. It's in Golderod City.
Old July 28th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Chrisont
Beginning Trainer

I am also having the same problem as grotle323, I was in the basement and I just talked to Axel and went up the stairs. I fought the first trainer and everything got glitchy and weird so I saved and quit. I reboot it back up, and when I start the screen is just black. I am able to hit the start button and go through my pokemon and bags etc, but I cannot move and the screen just stays black):
Any help would be much appreciated!
Old July 28th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Only thing what could work is repatch the ROM and start that event again...

Old July 29th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Podifo
The Village Pirate Cat

Okay, I just say WOW. I have got really luck about catching legendaries. Legendaries I've catched in 1 try:
-Jirachi (Ultra Ball)
-Lugia (Ultra Ball)
-Zapdos (Master Ball)
-Latios (Ultra Ball)
This is no joke!!!

And by the way, where do I battle Regis, Ho-oH, the other Lati@s, Celebi, Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon, Deoxys, Mew and Mewtwo?
And how do I get to Orange Island?
And where's Red? I believe it's at Mt. Crystal, but there's a guy blocking the path!
EDIT: I think I found out I was playing Beta 2.0
EDIT2: Wait, it was Beta 2.1. The intro confused me. xD

Last edited by Podifo; July 29th, 2009 at 07:28 AM.
Old July 29th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Pitaelitmaster
The Master Of Puppets

when you go down to the team rocket basement and after you take to lance and you are going the 2 passwords and when you talk to the professor he gets all glitchy and rambles a bunch of numbers and the game kinda freezes. Just wanted to report that glitch

P.S i didnt lose my save file so its just a minor bug. Great hack!
Old July 29th, 2009, 09:00 AM
3n3rGyZ
Beginning Trainer

Me and my bro started today...I really enjoyed playing this hack...

But...

After a certain point, dunno exactly when...

Whenever we checked the summary of our pokemon, the screen just went BLACK, and the game had to be reset, this is annoying especially since it meant that we couldn't learn ANY move onto our pets, including HMs.

We are currently using the newest version on no$gba 2.6a or something.
Is this a glitch only with no$gba or what!?

We were using no$gba because of the 10% disaster setting which makes the game speed around 300-700% which I'm pretty sure is not possible with VBA.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Old July 29th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Podifo
The Village Pirate Cat

It's possible to speed up VBA when you hold the Space button.
Old July 29th, 2009, 09:29 AM
3n3rGyZ
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Yeah...But just barely mate.
Old July 29th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
That's really well known

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3n3rGyZ View Post
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Jare jare... No$GBA isn't suitable for hacks. Use VBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitaelitmaster View Post
when you go down to the team rocket basement and after you take to lance and you are going the 2 passwords and when you talk to the professor he gets all glitchy and rambles a bunch of numbers and the game kinda freezes. Just wanted to report that glitch
I think this was already reported... at least by me

Old July 29th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Podifo
The Village Pirate Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
That's really well known
I know, but it seemed like 3n3rGyZ didn't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3n3rGyZ View Post
Yeah...But just barely mate.
It goes up to like 400%. I don't think that's barely... Well, IF you wanna avoid those glitches, I would use VBA... It's the best choice.

Last edited by Podifo; July 29th, 2009 at 09:53 AM.
Old July 29th, 2009, 10:11 AM
3n3rGyZ
Beginning Trainer

Quote:

It goes up to like 400%. I don't think that's barely... Well, IF you wanna avoid those glitches, I would use VBA... It's the best choice.
Thanks mate.

I just downgraded from 1.8.0 beta to like 1.6a and that increased speed by like 300% itself...AWESOME =P
Old July 29th, 2009, 02:13 PM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyMeganium View Post
You simply can't catch it yet, i'm pretty sure you or someone else asked and I said that. Regularly you caught it in that Safari-like thing after Goldenrod, but that competition is not active in this beta.

I have 2 suggestions for you:
1. Take a FR rom if you have one (I bet you do cause you play that game through IPS lol), and take your SAV file there (AKA, if your Liquid Crystal's sav is named 'liquidcrystal.sav', turn it into 'firered.sav' or w/e your FR rom is called).
Now either go catch it there or trade it from another FR save if you have one.
IMPORTANT: ONLY SAVE THE GAME, WHEN SWITCHING IT INTO FR OR BACK TO LC, IN A POKEMON CENTER IN KANTO, WHICH IS IN A FLYABLE CITY. Or else you won't be able to get out and it'll get messy. It might be messy anyways, but just get out of the door and get back in.

2. Wait for beta 3, link confirmed you'd be able to trade there anyways, and I bet he'll implement the competition there so you could catch it anyways.

Edit:
Link, I also have a question to you for you, if you don't mind I ask - how long will beta 3 go for, in terms of the cities/gyms in Orange?
beta 3 will be the complete hack. the one to follow will be the final if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grotle323 View Post
linkandzlda my game froze when I was in saffaron city basment of team static where zeal told something and i whent to my pokemon swithed herracross for cacturne
and it froze
hmm. that seems like a bug i didnt know of. thanks.

Quote:
With me, it hatched from the first egg I got from the Day-Care Man. You will get one for free, without raising Pokemon there.

you can buy it again at goldenrod mart :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitaelitmaster View Post

P.S i didnt lose my save file so its just a minor bug. Great hack!
thanks i know this one too lol.

Quote:

it goes up to the maximum speed your comp can handle. if you have a slow comp it wont go up that much.

link
Old July 29th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Podifo
The Village Pirate Cat

Hey LaZ, thanks for making this hack. That Goldenrod music brings back sooo many memories. xD
Old July 30th, 2009, 12:50 PM
ShinyMeganium
Trainer

Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
beta 3 will be the complete hack. the one to follow will be the final if needed.
Uhh, quite sad and delighting at the same time o:
Umm, will the final version (whether it's beta 3 or another one if you'll make it) have a fully functional Unown system? That doesn't necessarily mean an Unown Dex, just all the puzzles and secret rooms (I guessed it's not complete currently right away when I saw you can't catch Ho-oh).
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here