Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology
Reload this Page iPod Problems - Sending Back To Apple

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Old June 20th, 2009 (12:35 PM).
Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
Team Kalos

Nature: Naughty
My wheels and play and stop buttons was not working and went into Town and got into the Apple Store, got in and gave my iPod to the man and he plugged in the USB Cable and i saw all my bought music gone, with no backup disk, he said it needs to be sent to Apple and i said ok, he said "It may take within 12 working days." so i said "That's fine!" and now i have no music to listen to on my iPod but i'm hoping it's broken and i get a new one! :D
Old June 20th, 2009 (04:30 PM).
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Team Kanto
Gold Tier

Nature: Lax
If you get your iPod back without the music on it, file a claim in small claims court for the value of the music you lost. I'm not sure if that's what you meant, sorry.

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." - H. L. Mencken, unsourced

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]
Old June 20th, 2009 (04:39 PM).
Team Sinnoh
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by twocows:
If you get your iPod back without the music on it, file a claim in small claims court for the value of the music you lost. I'm not sure if that's what you meant, sorry.
I know what you mean about not knowing what she meant, but I'm pretty sure she's not complaining about anything. First and foremost, if that's the problem and the main reason for this thread, it's actually on you to back up your purchased music. After all, after you purchase music at the iTunes store, it asks you to back it up. Secondly, songs aren't purchased through your iPod anyway unless you have an iPod touch with stable internet access to download it through that, and even then, you can sync it with iTunes and transfer the songs. But that comment is only if you are complaining because you didn't still have your music on it. And even if the problem is due to the music, you still have other means of getting it back (assuming that you don't have it on your computer).

If you contact iTunes support, they'll usually be very lineint on allowing you to redownload all purchased materials that are still in the iTunes store from your account at now charge to you.

If it's broken and Apple can't fix it, unless you're still within your warrenty, it's still going to cost you some money. It's not much, though, even for something like an 80 GB iPod or something like that. It's usually refurbished, though, when you get a replacement unless you plan on buying a brand new iPod, which I... really wouldn't recommend doing unless you want a brand new one.

Anyway, yeah... if you aren't complaining at all about it and are just sharing something that happened, then cool story, bro.
Old June 20th, 2009 (05:01 PM).
PPN Studio
Team Kanto
FounderCS

Nature: Adamant
your music should ALREADY be in your iTunes.. just reload it on to the iPod

Twinned with Jedi_Amara | Paired with Your Name Here | Lil Sis Kimi-Chan | Sig

Old June 20th, 2009 (05:08 PM).
Pokemon Aficianado
Team Unova

Nature: Docile
That happened to my iPod (minus the wheel problems) I just went and exchanged it since I had a two-year warranty.

Old June 23rd, 2009 (12:45 PM).
Team Kalos

My computer broke with my music on so, i could contact Apple to see how to get them back.
Old June 23rd, 2009 (12:47 PM).
http://forum.hpcommunity.co.uk
Team Unova

Is this the ordinary iPod or the iPod Touch version?
Old June 23rd, 2009 (12:49 PM).
James Sunderland
Team Unova
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Britney's Circus:
My wheels and play and stop buttons
Quote originally posted by Spey:
Is this the ordinary iPod or the iPod Touch version?
The only button the I-Pod Touch has is the "Home" button...
It is the Original.
Old June 23rd, 2009 (12:49 PM).
Team Kalos

iPod Nano - Generation 4 - 8GB
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links