The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Do you want to have some Fake Pokemon in this hack?
Yes 31 34.83%
No 58 65.17%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 7th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Silent1738
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
The 5th gym leader is missing for me...why is this? =/
Old August 8th, 2012, 02:35 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
What do you mean by that I mean which city are you currently at. Elaborate please???
Old August 9th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I see both a main version and a "Complement Dex Version". Which version do I want? Is the game itself any different, or is the second basically an upgrade to the first?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 9th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
I see both a main version and a "Complement Dex Version". Which version do I want? Is the game itself any different, or is the second basically an upgrade to the first?

Cyclone
You just meet different Pokémon and start with different (1st gen starters in Complement and 4th in Main)
Some features are different also but together those versions are pretty much the same when it comes to storyline.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 9th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

So sorta like main could be called Pearl and Complement could be called Platinum or somesuch.

Cool.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 9th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
So sorta like main could be called Pearl and Complement could be called Platinum or somesuch.

Cool.

Cyclone
Yeah, I guess so... but it's probably the other way since Complement version does not include Battle Frontier.

Old August 10th, 2012, 03:13 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

Yeah, I guess so... but it's probably the other way since Complement version does not include Battle Frontier.
Akhm Akhm Dear friend but C-dex version includes Battle Frontier as well as Cryptic city
Old August 10th, 2012, 06:17 AM
migz
Beginning Trainer

sir sky can you fix my save file game to get my last 10QP?i can`t find black man in route z please?
thnx!!!
Old August 11th, 2012, 01:19 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by migz View Post
sir sky can you fix my save file game to get my last 10QP?i can`t find black man in route z please?
thnx!!!
What do you want with that Black man. Elaborate please.. maybe I could help as SKY hasn't shown up for a quite a long time
Old August 11th, 2012, 02:16 AM
Galak
Beginning Trainer

Okay, great hack first of all, but i have a problem...
Last night i started playing, saved and turned it off, today i wanted to keep playing, but, there was no save file! Even though i saved 3 times to make sure! Has anyone else had this problem? Awesome hack, by the way! :D
Old August 11th, 2012, 04:09 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I doubt this is a problem with the game. Did you try creating a save state AFTER saving? I tend to do that.

Cyclone

Old August 11th, 2012, 05:45 AM
migz
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
What do you mean by that I mean which city are you currently at. Elaborate please???
sir i`m playing pokemon flora sky i finish all the quest in challenge factory except quest 3 black man in route z,i tried to patch the game many time but nothings change
can you help me fix it?
tnx!
Old August 11th, 2012, 01:34 PM
zaubster
Unhatched Egg

Hi guys. Do pokemon learn moves from IV and V generation in this hack?

For example, I caught Patrat. He should learn Bide on level 8 and detect on 11 but he didn't.
Old August 11th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaubster View Post
Hi guys. Do pokemon learn moves from IV and V generation in this hack?

For example, I caught Patrat. He should learn Bide on level 8 and detect on 11 but he didn't.
I will confirm here that Patrat usually learns Bide by Level 8.

One thing to keep in mind is that, with older generational Pokémon, the movelists change quite a bit between games. Let's look at Pikachu.That view by default only shows the most current generation's listing, which as of this post is Generation V. What if you look at Generation III? Notice Tail Whip is learned one level earlier in Generation V should you be able to import a Pikachu Egg into Black/White (friend in high places if you get it very early in the game LMAO). Thunder Wave meanwhile is learned two levels later (8 up to 10), and Quick Attack is also two levels later (11 up to 13). Light Screen and Thunder meanwhile swap around in the lists, with Thunder learned last in Gen. V at Lv.50 where Light Screen was learned in Gen. III, and both are learned earlier in the opposite lists.

For Generation V Pokémon, similar adjustments were most likely made since they do not have Generation III lists. I don't know the specifics for each list, unfortunately, but if I were to know what to look for I'm sure I could research this for you. Do not expect the list to be exactly the same, and if a move is exclusive to a generation, either they will have a replacement move (where there are not enough moves learned to make it worthwhile) or they will simply omit that move; my guess is so many of Patrat's moves were generation-exclusive that the rest had to be branched out. Even in Pikachu's case, note that Gen. III has 9 moves gained by leveling up while Gen. V has 12; Electro Ball was new in Gen. V and Feint/Discharge came in Gen. IV.

Note that TM lists and breeding lists, meanwhile, I cannot predict. I don't know if work was done with those since a replaced Pokémon's TMs will differ greatly from the one moving in.

I hope that more information can be given for specific Pokémon and their movelists, or information on how we can look this up. When I get into Let's Play videos, I will be looking for every piece of information I can find myself and probably changing appearance frequencies for the purposes of video editing time, but naturally I would want to play the game properly and beat it the right way when the camera is off.

Cyclone

Last edited by Cyclone; August 11th, 2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old August 11th, 2012, 02:13 PM
zaubster
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
I will confirm that Patrat usually learns Bide by Level 8.

Cyclone
I also checked it on Bulbapedia.

My thoughts are that playing this hack is pointless if pokemon are not learning the moves they should, even from generation III. It's just a waste of time. How can you be sure a pokemon is worth training if he's not learning any move for 12 levels...Patrat has AMAZING atk, sure, but using tackle on level 20 is pretty crappy.

Can creator of this hack post movesets of pokemon, so we can actually find out which one is the best?
Old August 11th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Awesome-0_4000

Can someone tell me all three locations of Interviewer Gabby and Ty so I can rematch them?
Old August 12th, 2012, 01:21 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Can creator of this hack post movesets of pokemon, so we can actually find out which one is the best?
Use YAPE...
And seriously? Training Minezumi? It's not even good as HM Slave...

Old August 12th, 2012, 03:04 AM
zaubster
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

Use YAPE...
And seriously? Training Minezumi? It's not even good as HM Slave...
When trying to open ROM it say "Error loading ROM/ Unrecognized ROM". Any help?

And I train a pokemon that I LIKE. It's about not learing the moves it should learn.
Old August 12th, 2012, 03:56 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
When trying to open ROM it say "Error loading ROM/ Unrecognized ROM". Any help?
Guess it's also locked... use RHEA.

Old August 12th, 2012, 04:40 AM
MaVeriK_1990

Nature: Gentle
Does anyone know whether the (Shaymin) Torn world after the Green Shard event is accessible again?
Because there are some rare Pokemon.
_____

@Galak:
Probably you should try to change the options of the VBA. How in the first post discribed.
Old August 12th, 2012, 08:03 AM
migz
Beginning Trainer

how to make dusclops evolve into dusknior in pokemon flora sky?
Old August 12th, 2012, 09:50 AM
MaVeriK_1990

@migz

With max. happieness at night (00:01-??:??).

At Turzuro City (Northwest) you can check how much Dusclops likes you. ;-)
Old August 12th, 2012, 06:27 PM
migz
Beginning Trainer

MaVeriK_1990@
where can i get latias?latias is the only i have to see to complete my pokedex to fight mysterious man
Old August 13th, 2012, 02:48 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by migz View Post
sir i`m playing pokemon flora sky i finish all the quest in challenge factory except quest 3 black man in route z,i tried to patch the game many time but nothings change
can you help me fix it?
tnx!
The weird dude you are referring as black man is located at 7-8 different places across Hoenn. He is not just in Route Z

Quote:
I also checked it on Bulbapedia.

My thoughts are that playing this hack is pointless if pokemon are not learning the moves they should, even from generation III. It's just a waste of time. How can you be sure a pokemon is worth training if he's not learning any move for 12 levels...Patrat has AMAZING atk, sure, but using tackle on level 20 is pretty crappy.

You should know again that this is a hack which means SKY the creator has edited all pokemon moves according to his choice and even added new ones...

Last edited by alienhunterx; August 13th, 2012 at 02:49 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 13th, 2012, 05:27 AM
MaVeriK_1990

Latias is (if you chose "red" after the league) a roaming Pokémon.
Like in the orginal Emerald Edition.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here