The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Do you want to have some Fake Pokemon in this hack?
Yes 31 34.83%
No 58 65.17%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 27th, 2013, 07:14 AM
h4cker

Advertise here
I have been playing a lot of Pokemon Flora sky and have had to take a break for I am stuck. I've entered the aqua base in the museum and have pulled both swithches. Only one of the two doors have unlocked though. I can see the double battle that lies ahead and can't reach it. If I go back and repull the higher of the two lever the sprite changes and it says I've pulled it. But once entering the teleporter again the switch reverts back to its old sprite.
Old June 27th, 2013, 01:26 PM
molivious
so much fail...

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4cker View Post
I have been playing a lot of Pokemon Flora sky and have had to take a break for I am stuck. I've entered the aqua base in the museum and have pulled both swithches. Only one of the two doors have unlocked though. I can see the double battle that lies ahead and can't reach it. If I go back and repull the higher of the two lever the sprite changes and it says I've pulled it. But once entering the teleporter again the switch reverts back to its old sprite.
Yeah, i pretty much got stuck in there too. It was just a cheap trick >_<

The key area is the small alley where there are 4 teleporters...
Spoiler:
Code:
                                 _
                           _    |O|    _
               go here -> |O|   | |___|O|
                          | |   |  ___  |
    >->->->->->->->->->-> |O|   | |   | |
    ^                     | |   |O|<- warp here
    ^    do NOT go here-> |O|    v
    ^                     | |    v
    ^-<-<-<-<-<-<-<-<-<-< |O|<---- You will teleport here; But enter this warp tile again.

good luck

Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.
Old June 27th, 2013, 07:35 PM
ISNorden
Teddiursa

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to ISNorden
So I just got the Iron Badge from Leira tonight ... And of course, it came with the Steel Wing TM. Imagine my confusion when I discovered that Empoleon (part-Steel type and based on a bird!) can't learn Steel Wing, but Stoutland (a wingless Normal type based on a dog) could. Did the Flora Sky hacker replace an unwanted Flying type with the Lillipup line...and was the Piplup line unable to learn Steel Wing in Generation III? Either way, I'm confused; if you're planning to release an upgrade anytime soon, please fix this moveset mistake!

" Coming this fall to Jubilife TV: Lost Beyond Space!"
Old June 27th, 2013, 08:54 PM
molivious
so much fail...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISNorden View Post
So I just got the Iron Badge from Leira tonight ... And of course, it came with the Steel Wing TM. Imagine my confusion when I discovered that Empoleon (part-Steel type and based on a bird!) can't learn Steel Wing, but Stoutland (a wingless Normal type based on a dog) could. Did the Flora Sky hacker replace an unwanted Flying type with the Lillipup line...and was the Piplup line unable to learn Steel Wing in Generation III? Either way, I'm confused; if you're planning to release an upgrade anytime soon, please fix this moveset mistake!
lol yeah, some pokemon have messed up movesets. Some other examples would be Skorupi learning Thunder (level up) and Lucario learning Surf (HM)..

But supposedly, Empoleon learns Steel Wing, despite SW being mostly affiliated with flying types
(and a few dragons). Scizor and Empoleon are in fact the only non-dragon/non-flying types to learn it... well, there's mew... but mew's hax.

Old June 27th, 2013, 09:16 PM
ISNorden
Teddiursa

Quote:
Originally Posted by molivious View Post
lol yeah, some pokemon have messed up movesets. Some other examples would be Skorupi learning Thunder (level up) and Lucario learning Surf (HM)..

But supposedly, Empoleon learns Steel Wing, despite SW being mostly affiliated with flying types
(and a few dragons). Scizor and Empoleon are in fact the only non-dragon/non-flying types to learn it... well, there's mew... but mew's hax.
Empoleon not being able to learn Steel Wing in this hack is a glitch, then...as I suspected.
On the bright side, Stoutland (who probably replaced a Water/Flying type from Emerald) is able to learn Surf here...talk about dog paddling!

Old June 27th, 2013, 09:59 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Empoleon not being able to learn Steel Wing in this hack is a glitch, then...as I suspected.
On the bright side, Stoutland (who probably replaced a Water/Flying type from Emerald) is able to learn Surf here...talk about dog paddling!
Yes because SKY added new pokes replacing the slots of old and unwanted ones as well adding and ediiting moves you can expect these sort of things to happen here
Old June 27th, 2013, 10:42 PM
molivious
so much fail...

Quote:
Actually, no it isn't a glitch. Remember, when hacking in new pokemon, you have to manually input all the data one by one. Stats, EVs, egg data, Pokemon type, Pokemon name, TM moves to learn, HM moves to learn, Pokedex entry, etc.

That said, it's not surprising if there were a few that were overlooked. It's a mistake, at most.

Glitches and/or bugs are always triggered by something and Empoleon doesn't learn (or is able to learn) Steel Wing at any point in the game. So that only means that it was overlooked.

About Stoutland, he is also able to learn Surf in the main series. He also couldn't have replaced any Water/Flying at all -- as Wingull/Pelipper, Mantine and Gyarados are the only Water/Flying in Gen 3's Pokedex. Wingull is numbered 270+, Mantine 226, Gyarados 130... and Stoutland is in 40 (replacing Wigglytuff). Again, these were clearly just mistakes/overlooked.

Last edited by molivious; June 27th, 2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old June 28th, 2013, 03:36 AM
ikkiXY

Quote:
There's Iron Tail that you can teach(although Empoleon doesn't that much of a pronunced tail), if you want a Steel-Type STAB that is powerful. Nontheless, those aren't glitches as they've told you already.

And there's a lot more Pokemon that can learn TM moves even if it's clearly visible they aren't compatible. Take Infernape for example, he can learn Steel Wing. Braviary can learn Psychic in this game too. I haven't checked on others, though.

Oh, BTW does anyone here know where to find Everstones? I don't have one, and I need it for breeding. Thanks!
Old June 28th, 2013, 06:45 AM
h4cker

Quote:
Yeah, i pretty much got stuck in there too. It was just a cheap trick >_<

Spoiler:
Code:
                                 _
                           _    |O|    _
                          | |   |  ___  |
    ^-<-<-<-<-<-<-<-<-<-< |O|<---- You will teleport here; But enter this warp tile again.

good luck

Thank you very much for your help. Haven't gotten anywhere in the past week lol
Old June 28th, 2013, 07:49 AM
molivious
so much fail...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikkiXY View Post
Oh, BTW does anyone here know where to find Everstones? I don't have one, and I need it for breeding. Thanks!
A researcher in the research center (2nd floor; as you climb up the stairs, he's right below you) gives one before and after defeating team... Aqua(? forgot what was going on in there, tbh). I think there's another point in the game where you return there(when you start discussing about fighting the forces of evil inside the conference room), and he gives yet another one.

...i have four, and i'm not sure where i got my fourth, tbh. It could've been just from a pokemon i've caught or smth.

oh right that's Platepics, the big building.

Last edited by molivious; June 28th, 2013 at 08:10 AM.
Old June 28th, 2013, 06:01 PM
ISNorden
Teddiursa

Three unrelated Flora Sky questions:

1. How do I get to Pulhia City from Malias City? I've surfed all over the map, but keep running into areas that require later HMs (Rock Cliimb and/or Waterfall). There's got to be an easier route, if what the NPCs say about the 6th badge being in Pulhia City is true.
  2. How do I get my Mach Bike back for the game in the Festa Zone? I traded it away for the Acro Bike (which has been difficult to ride so far, and won't be accepted in the cycling game).
  3. How do I get Heart Scales for the Move Relearner in Ocepac Town? I haven't encountered Luvdisc or found the scales anywhere legitimately so far. (Cheat codes are out of the question, since none of the ones I've seen online work for Flora Sky and VBA.)

Old June 28th, 2013, 06:32 PM
molivious
so much fail...

Quote:
Three unrelated Flora Sky questions:

1. How do I get to Pulhia City from Malias City? I've surfed all over the map, but keep running into areas that require later HMs (Rock Cliimb and/or Waterfall). There's got to be an easier route, if what the NPCs say about the 6th badge being in Pulhia City is true.
  2. How do I get my Mach Bike back for the game in the Festa Zone? I traded it away for the Acro Bike (which has been difficult to ride so far, and won't be accepted in the cycling game).
  3. How do I get Heart Scales for the Move Relearner in Ocepac Town? I haven't encountered Luvdisc or found the scales anywhere legitimately so far. (Cheat codes are out of the question, since none of the ones I've seen online work for Flora Sky and VBA.)
1) You have to go to Golden City and southeast of it is Honey Village. There will be an event there with Cynthia. From there, head to Puhlia city from the route below it. Route AB, i think? I forgot, sorry, just check the map. But iirc, it's southeast of Charpos and east of Searound. You'd also just need surf to get to Puhlia. Make sure to get TEA in Puhlia too, you'll need it for later.

2) West of Platepics. Remember the old bike shop? Just talk to him again for a switch. Charpos isle has the Acro Bike shop. It's a bit inconvenient, i know. They could've just given us separate bikes...

3) Sorry, the only way i know is through the Mining minigame in Festa Zone... you can use savestate abuse there, since the items are "generated" real-time. Meaning, you could possibly dig up a max revive now, but if you load it up and try again, you may get a moonstone. In short, you could save a lot of time skipping dialogues through savestate abuse (although without doing it, you'd still have a LOT of profit, as the mining game does pay off over time -- by selling some of the stuff you get, that is)

Old June 28th, 2013, 09:15 PM
ISNorden
Teddiursa

Thanks for the hints sp far, but I have two more questions:

1. How dp I wake the Snorlax that's blocking the northern passage from Golden City?
  2. How do I cure the sick Miltank when there are no Lum berries growing nearby? The closest ones I planted are all the way back on the Berry Master's farm...

Old June 28th, 2013, 11:25 PM
ikkiXY

Quote:

1. How dp I wake the Snorlax that's blocking the northern passage from Golden City?
  2. How do I cure the sick Miltank when there are no Lum berries growing nearby? The closest ones I planted are all the way back on the Berry Master's farm...

You have to get the S-Machine from Gima in R Area, then go to Golden City, then to Trainer Hill then battle Sky. After the battle he'll give you the PokeFlute App for your SMachine, then you can wake Snorlax up. He's on Level 50 BTW

To heal the Miltank, you can get Lum Berries in the Cycling Minigame, just complete with less than 10 (or 20?) bumps, and you'll be given one.

Hope that helps

Quote:

Quote:
A researcher in the research center (2nd floor; as you climb up the stairs, he's right below you) gives one before and after defeating team... Aqua(? forgot what was going on in there, tbh). I think there's another point in the game where you return there(when you start discussing about fighting the forces of evil inside the conference room), and he gives yet another one.

...i have four, and i'm not sure where i got my fourth, tbh. It could've been just from a pokemon i've caught or smth.

oh right that's Platepics, the big building.
That's a big help. Thanks!

On a side note. I've already defeated Mysterious Man. 'Twas tough. o.O

Last edited by ikkiXY; June 28th, 2013 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 29th, 2013, 12:02 AM
ISNorden
Teddiursa

One last question for tonight: I've explored most of Puhlia City and found what seems to be a teahouse, but no one in there has the tea I'm supposed to get for later. Where do I find it/who do I get it from?

Old June 29th, 2013, 01:18 AM
molivious
so much fail...

Quote:
One last question for tonight: I've explored most of Puhlia City and found what seems to be a teahouse, but no one in there has the tea I'm supposed to get for later. Where do I find it/who do I get it from?
Puhlia Hotel (its the huge yellow-colored building) > 2nd Floor (left wing) > Guy in green suit

Old June 29th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Ajduk

How to get level 23 pokeblocks?
I've belnded and blended and the highest level I got was 12.
Old June 29th, 2013, 09:58 AM
molivious
so much fail...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajduk View Post
How to get level 23 pokeblocks?
I've belnded and blended and the highest level I got was 12.
1) use the berries mentioned (if you're still trying to get INDIGO/BLUE blocks, read my post again. I named all the berries there). If not, google it. I can't stress this enough.

Specific blocks require specific berries for their level. Oran berry will NEVER give blue pokeblocks higher than level 12, for example... so you will have to find the right berry/berries.

2) play with 4 people

3) blend better >_<

Old June 29th, 2013, 12:13 PM
sethdogg122

Hey Sky, I need help getting to Hotasita City. I tried to get there through Route AA but there are stones blocking the path.
Old June 29th, 2013, 12:48 PM
molivious
so much fail...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethdogg122 View Post
Hey Sky, I need help getting to Hotasita City. I tried to get there through Route AA but there are stones blocking the path.
you have to go through Puhlia

Quote:
Quote:
1) You have to go to Golden City and southeast of it is Honey Village. There will be an event there with Cynthia. From there, head to Puhlia city from the route below it. Route AB, i think? I forgot, sorry, just check the map. But iirc, it's southeast of Charpos and east of Searound. You'd also just need surf to get to Puhlia. Make sure to get TEA in Puhlia too, you'll need it for later.
I'm not sky tho... and i haven't seen him in a while, either.

Old June 30th, 2013, 12:49 PM
KoolROM

I got gba4ios...An iphone,ipad,ipad no jailbreak gba emulator.Got some games they all work... I wanted to download Pokemon Flora Sky hack Final Main Version. I tried about everything I could! It said it was pre patched so I didn't have to do it. So then just to make sure I tried it on VisualBoyAdvance... AND IT WORKED... I tried it on gba4ios... AND IT DIDN'T WORK! I need help! If anyone knows how to do this... PLEASE HELP ME PLZ PLZ PLZ!
Old June 30th, 2013, 10:11 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolROM View Post
I got gba4ios...An iphone,ipad,ipad no jailbreak gba emulator.Got some games they all work... I wanted to download Pokemon Flora Sky hack Final Main Version. I tried about everything I could! It said it was pre patched so I didn't have to do it. So then just to make sure I tried it on VisualBoyAdvance... AND IT WORKED... I tried it on gba4ios... AND IT DIDN'T WORK! I need help! If anyone knows how to do this... PLEASE HELP ME PLZ PLZ PLZ!
That is because all emulators other than VBA are semi supported to play any hacks
Old June 30th, 2013, 11:05 PM
ISNorden
Teddiursa

If anyone here has completed the Team Aqua hideout challenge, I'd appreciate their help very much: I've reached this set of warp tiles (see the screenshot below) and been unable to reach the fourth, northernmost warp in the room no matter how I traveled or changed switches. Any relevant advice and/or YouTube links are welcome!
Attached Images
File Type: png aqua_hideout.PNG‎ (5.3 KB, 2 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Old June 30th, 2013, 11:21 PM
molivious
so much fail...

Quote:
If anyone here has completed the Team Aqua hideout challenge, I'd appreciate their help very much: I've reached this set of warp tiles (see the screenshot below) and been unable to reach the fourth, northernmost warp in the room no matter how I traveled or changed switches. Any relevant advice and/or YouTube links are welcome!
here's a post i've made earlier...
Quote:
Spoiler:
Code:
                                 _
                           _    |O|    _
                          | |   |  ___  |

good luck

Old July 1st, 2013, 03:43 AM
adriankzsr

Hey guys anyone intersted for full english walktrough for Flora Sky maded by me
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here