The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 13th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Late
Pokémon Artist

Nature: Careful
Are you sure that your background color is first? At the first time my first and second color was at wrong sides.

Please feed my Pokémon and warm my eggs.
Thanks for everyone who have clicked these, you've helped me a lot

Anyone has Club Nintendo codes that you don't need? I want those.
If you have one code for me I can trade you my Explorers of Sky code as I can't put it because I have registered already one. (Registered my brother's game and now I can't register mine...) Someone have same thing? PM me.
I know there's nobody who wishes to do this xD
I'm talking about Club Nintendo of Europe.
Old July 13th, 2009, 11:37 PM
DarKnighT_0_9
Togepi

I think I have it right. but if I do it the way the tutorial says my background color isn't the eighth color it is the second one????
Old July 14th, 2009, 06:36 AM
eddyboy8
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to eddyboy8 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to eddyboy8
I tried the tut and when ever I add a sprite it ether dosen't change or it ends up distort
help?
Old July 14th, 2009, 05:12 PM
DarKnighT_0_9
Togepi

I found out what I was doing wrong but I have it figured out now. And eddyboy mabye try remaking the image. That is what I had to do.
Old July 14th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Aljam
Pierce the heavens
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyboy8 View Post
I tried the tut and when ever I add a sprite it ether dosen't change or it ends up distort
help?
thats an easy question to answer. you probably didn't give the sprite enough free space to work with. try inserting ur sprite again with the number of bytes needed.
Old July 15th, 2009, 06:00 AM
eddyboy8
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via AIM to eddyboy8 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to eddyboy8
Thanks guy I'll try it

Pokemon Diamond
Name:Edy
FC CODE:1934-9843-2122
pm if you want to battle or trade
Old July 15th, 2009, 07:40 AM
tpravetz
... doesn't exist.

The tutorial isn't 100% right. For me, I always choose the same colour as the background colour, and it is always eighth, but it will not always be eighth, as it can change depending on the colours.
Old July 15th, 2009, 03:49 PM
zepher1206
Beginning Trainer

My backsprite's colors are all messed up. idk what's wrong? I think the colors are inverted somehow
Old July 15th, 2009, 04:17 PM
:3
3:

on FSF it let's you choose between FF and 00.
Which one are we supposed to use?

I always used 00 because in Unlz the Offset starts with 00.
Old July 15th, 2009, 04:18 PM
tpravetz
... doesn't exist.

I must stress that the backsprites colours must be exactly the same as the normal sprites.
Old July 16th, 2009, 05:22 AM
eddyboy8
Beginning Trainer

I tired it again and it worked this time Great Tut

Pokemon Diamond
Name:Edy
FC CODE:1934-9843-2122
pm if you want to battle or trade
Old July 16th, 2009, 07:53 AM
kickbuttplaya
has learned a give poke script

Nature: Relaxed
wow thx this helped alot and now i can edit other pokemon >:3

I`ma nice person yay me!

Click here to feed me a candy!!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Old July 17th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Mormo
Cyndaquil Lover

Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to Mormo Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mormo
It's a great tut, but I do have a question. I replaced Charmander with a sprite, but when I press A on the Pokeball, the game restarts. Any help?
Old July 17th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Korronensu
Scrap Punk

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Korronensu Send a message via Yahoo to Korronensu
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalZero View Post
Btw, speaking of the pokedex earlier, does anyone know how to edit the part of the pokedex in FRLG that lets one go through entries by the habitat of the pokemon? I'm saying, if one added pokemon to the ?????????? spots, would there be some way to add them to the habitat part also?

Also, on the subject of adding pokemon, does anyone know how to repoint the learned moves list of pokemon? That is, if one added a pokemon, they wouldn't be abled to tell it to learn moves unless they deleted some that already exist for other pokemon. (Same situation for egg moves, which I'm working on... slowly...)
I know I"m in no place to make demands, but would the maker of this tut please be a little more complete in this tutorial? It tells you how to edit sprites and backsprites and references you to PEP (which has less than half the functionality of YAPE) but it does not tell you how to do the following, which are necessary to add a new pokemon, without these, it simply isn't a new pokemon:
1. Explain how to edit pokedex entries and to assign them a defined number and habitat(FR/LG) in them by whatever means necessary.
2. Explain how to add new moves to its' movelist. As it is, all the ? pokemon have only one move, and not even YAPE can add more.
3. Include a reference to Icon Editor so that people know how to edit the micro-sprite that shows up in your pokeballs list and storage PC.

EDIT: I don't mean to sound harsh. YOur tutorial works wonderfully... I was just looking for so much more. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by Korronensu; July 17th, 2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old July 18th, 2009, 02:39 AM
-DarK-
Hold Your Colour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to -DarK-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korronensu View Post
I know I"m in no place to make demands, but would the maker of this tut please be a little more complete in this tutorial? It tells you how to edit sprites and backsprites and references you to PEP (which has less than half the functionality of YAPE) but it does not tell you how to do the following, which are necessary to add a new pokemon, without these, it simply isn't a new pokemon:
1. Explain how to edit pokedex entries and to assign them a defined number and habitat(FR/LG) in them by whatever means necessary.
2. Explain how to add new moves to its' movelist. As it is, all the ? pokemon have only one move, and not even YAPE can add more.
3. Include a reference to Icon Editor so that people know how to edit the micro-sprite that shows up in your pokeballs list and storage PC.

EDIT: I don't mean to sound harsh. YOur tutorial works wonderfully... I was just looking for so much more. Keep up the good work.
1. I suggest you to see this thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=185257
2. That's what we have PEP for. The newest version of PEP allows you to add new move tables. Just click on "Insert New table", get an offset with empty space, check how much moves you need, and there you go.
3. Yes, he should do that.

You say that PEP has less than half the functionality of YAPE. Sorry to say, but you didn't notice something: YAPE can't edit the Pokémon Sprite/icon/pallete offsets, which PEP can do, and that's the reason why it's used.
Old July 18th, 2009, 04:49 AM
Korronensu
Scrap Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DarK- View Post
1. I suggest you to see this thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=185257
2. That's what we have PEP for. The newest version of PEP allows you to add new move tables. Just click on "Insert New table", get an offset with empty space, check how much moves you need, and there you go.
3. Yes, he should do that.

You say that PEP has less than half the functionality of YAPE. Sorry to say, but you didn't notice something: YAPE can't edit the Pokémon Sprite/icon/pallete offsets, which PEP can do, and that's the reason why it's used.
You are very right. I guess no one tool is willing to do everything...
Now I've been having a problem. I successfully added both sprites, and I could have sworn they had the same palette, so I didn't even bother to make a new palette for my backsprite, but when I went into a battle, the sprite was black and yellow, which is not what it was supposed to be. What did I do wrong?

Last edited by Korronensu; July 20th, 2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old July 18th, 2009, 06:42 AM
tpravetz
... doesn't exist.

I apologize, my computer is down right now. I am doing this through an iPod, so I cannot see the tools... As soon as my computer is up, I will add what you asked.
Old July 21st, 2009, 12:27 AM
Late
Pokémon Artist

This thing has worked fine (as it should be), I have inserted Turtwig and Grotle to my game. A couple of times I have got messed up sprites but I have fixed those without help. Now I have a problem. I have Torterra's sprite, when I see it in game it's black and I don't know what helps me to get it's colours back again. I think it's palette's fault but what can I do? I have tried different offsets and everything that comes to my mind, but something's still wrong. Can somebody help me?

If you have one code for me I can trade you my Explorers of Sky code as I can't put it because I have registered already one. (Registered my brother's game and now I can't register mine...) Someone have same thing? PM me.
Old July 24th, 2009, 11:51 AM
DarKnighT_0_9
Togepi

Hi. Im back with another problem. Im having the same problem that Korronensu is having. If you can help I will forever be greatful.
Old July 24th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Korronensu
Scrap Punk

I solved the problem I had before.
While it is true they used the same pallet, their pallets were (and this is the stupidest thing I've ever seen) In DIFFERENT ORDER! I had to export the pallet from the front sprite, load the backsprite, import the pallet (which screwed up my image) saved it as a seperate file, opened the old and new backsprites in two seperate runs of paint, copy the one with the colors that looked right, pasted it over the one with the right pallet, and saved. Only THEN did it work. That's the solution to your problem, master Dark.
Old July 24th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Late
Pokémon Artist

I want help too My question, scroll little bit up, so you can see it. I can't continue my hack because my problem! I'm starting to cry (not really but..).

Old July 25th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Samoe
Pokemusician

props, man. and i know how to do everything, but wen i open pokeEdit pro it says this:

"Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

any help? i downloaded the version u posted at the beginning....can't find it anywhere else. it worked on my other computer but i don't have access to that comp rite now so please help??? thanks, and nice tut.

edit: i fixed it on my own, just searched the file and it turns out i just needed to update my computer's library files.

Last edited by Samoe; July 25th, 2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old July 25th, 2009, 01:49 AM
-DarK-
Hold Your Colour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to -DarK-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoe View Post
props, man. and i know how to do everything, but wen i open pokeEdit pro it says this:

"Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

any help? i downloaded the version u posted at the beginning....can't find it anywhere else. it worked on my other computer but i don't have access to that comp rite now so please help??? thanks, and nice tut. ^_^
Search google for comdlg32.ocx, download it and place it in the system32 folder.
Old July 27th, 2009, 09:38 AM
JerisEnigma1337
Rocket Recruited Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveitout View Post
You might want to add a little disclaimer to your tutorial: it doesn't work in Emerald. The sprite can be changed, but its palette will stay the same.
I used this tuterial last night and it worked great! (In Emerald BTW). My only hang up is that my sprite isn't loading properly... It works fine in every step and the game runs smoothly, but when I encounter it in the wild it just gives me missingno.'s two question marks sprite... Haven't tried catching it yet because I'm still tweaking the sprite's original problem. It should work fine though.

Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalZero View Post
Anyways, you shouldn't be hacking Emerald; It's notoriously unstable.
Ummm... everything I've done to this ROM has worked fine so far aside from my tiny newbie problems that only came up because I'd never used the tools before. I'm working on new player sprites, new pokes, edited gyms, and rebuilt towns and everything is great and smoothly running so far...

---
Supporter of:

Last edited by JerisEnigma1337; July 27th, 2009 at 09:46 AM.
Old July 31st, 2009, 09:12 AM
ExitWound
Boggle

I don't understand... I was trying to insert this sprite I made from scratch:

But when I find the pokemon in the wild, the screen just stays black...

+====================Supports====================+

+====================Supports====================+
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links