The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 7th, 2011, 08:33 PM
R-Taco
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
When'd you get glasses, man?
Old May 7th, 2011, 09:39 PM
thepsynergist
A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Yahoo to thepsynergist Send a message via Skype™ to thepsynergist
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Taco View Post
When'd you get glasses, man?
I got glasses about 5 months ago, my eyes have gotten really bad recently.

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/thepsynergist
Old May 14th, 2011, 02:09 PM
thepsynergist

Send a message via Yahoo to thepsynergist Send a message via Skype™ to thepsynergist
Update: Here's the backstory to Althund, a semilegendary.

Spoiler:
Silver has abrief run in with Althund on his way to my town. When he gets to my town and tries to confront me at the gym, he bumps into me leaving saying "I don't have time for this now."

Talking to people in my gym reveals that I get really excited and bolted out with the resurgence in Alhund sightings recently

Silver then has to back track to the area just before my town to track me and Alhund.

A path that was blocked bofore by an immovable object has now been cleared and inside Silver has to fight more trainers who occasionally spout off things like, "they say Althund is the origin of all canine pokemon," and "some people think Althund's are born from a dog that has lived for many decades."

Occasionally, Silver will catch up with either me or Althund, but both of us dash off before he can catch up. At least one trainer will mention "Y'know, John is a master of flying pokemon, but I hear his first pokemon was actually a dog."

Finally, Silver catches up to me and Althund at a dead end. I'm trying to talk to Althund and get him to calm down, but he rushes past me and runs right into Silver as he's fleeing.

After the fight I go up to Silver and tell him, "he didn't recognize me. I guess it wasn't him after all... If you were able to tangle with Althund and come out in one piece, then you must be worth my time. Come back to my gym when you want a battle."

After Silver beats me, if he talks to me again I should say something like, "my dog was what got me into to pokemon and made me a trainer. He lived a long life and I miss him every day. I'd hoped the legends about long-lived dog pokemon becoming Althunds was true so I could see him again. Guess I was wrong."

Old May 21st, 2011, 07:03 PM
thepsynergist

For those attending this years Fanime 2011 in San Jose, CA. I will be showcasing my Pokemon game. I will be wandering around the game room most of the time, so just look for either a guy dressed as King Harkinian, or Kenshiro from Hokuto no Ken.

Patch 0.4 will be released soon after Fanime is over. Fanime starts next Friday May 27-30.

Old June 1st, 2011, 02:08 PM
thepsynergist

Well guys, I'm back from fanime and I'm glad to say that loads of people enjoyed the sneak preview of Patch 0.4a. This new patch is scheduled to be released in the middle of June if nothing goes awry, so keep a look out.

Old June 5th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Cypher DS

I'm looking forward to it, Psynergist!

Old July 2nd, 2011, 01:05 AM
thepsynergist

I've been sick for a while, and I've also been outta town. If I finish everything the way I want, I'm looking at a mid July. I'm sorry I'ven't been giving you updates. On the bright side, I finally got my Xiades sprites from Peeky Chew.

Old July 11th, 2011, 08:54 AM
alrieice
Beginning Trainer

I don't know if this has been said, but I don't get how an Eevee can evolve into an angelic Pokemon by being unhappy? Wouldn't it evolve into something angelic by being happy and into something impish by being unhappy?
Old July 11th, 2011, 09:30 PM
thepsynergist

My original sprite design wasn't to have a halo, but for some reason, my sprite artist put one on...

The idea with Zephereon, is that you treat her horribly, then she will evolve and sprout wings, so that she can fly away from you. The idea is that she never lands on the ground. She wanted to be away from you and fly away. That's why she's also a pure Flying type.

Old July 12th, 2011, 07:16 AM
alrieice
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepsynergist View Post
My original sprite design wasn't to have a halo, but for some reason, my sprite artist put one on...

The idea with Zephereon, is that you treat her horribly, then she will evolve and sprout wings, so that she can fly away from you. The idea is that she never lands on the ground. She wanted to be away from you and fly away. That's why she's also a pure Flying type.

Oh, okay, I get it now! I didn't think about it that way; unique concept!
Old July 15th, 2011, 05:13 AM
emilin_rose
Togepi

Send a message via Yahoo to emilin_rose
If i may ask, how does one skip the intro song. I've only gotten to play it once so far because the intro song takes to long and i get bored waiting.
Old July 15th, 2011, 07:40 AM
thepsynergist

Just press escape during the song. I removed it next patch, since so many people have been complaining about it.

Old July 18th, 2011, 12:00 AM
emilin_rose
Togepi

Alright, thank you! Its a nice song and video, but maybe it could be for the credits instead?
Old July 18th, 2011, 12:04 AM
thepsynergist

Hmm, maybe. I already made a credits sequence, but I could find a way to put it in somewhere.

Old July 19th, 2011, 03:57 PM
ChronosCrowler
Beginning Trainer

Hi just wondering when will be the patch of 0.4a be released cause uhhh its overdue :D tnx~
Old July 19th, 2011, 04:02 PM
thepsynergist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronosCrowler View Post
Hi just wondering when will be the patch of 0.4a be released cause uhhh its overdue :D tnx~
I've been very busy. It'll be out fairly soon. I'm sorry its taking so long.

Old August 1st, 2011, 07:57 AM
emilin_rose
Togepi

Hello again. I believe i've found a rather irritating bug. At least i think its a bug.

For the intro, i had a thought, maybe just put a little note on top of it saying 'press ESC to skip' or something would solve the problem.

I'm trapped in the bottom of the first gym. I can't go up the stares. When i walk on the first stairs tile nothing happens, and when i try to go to the tile next to it it makes the sound for walking into walls and i cannot find a way out. I even messed around with the editor.

Also with regards to zephyreon, couldn't you ask the spriter to remove the halo?

Also also, i know this post is getting long, but the card game could really use a tutorial. Unless i missed the tutorial somehow, then please disregard this also. I ended up winning my first match and then losing the next two, and i still have almost no idea what i'm doing.
Old August 4th, 2011, 09:31 AM
HankMan
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lonely
Ummm... Psynergist sir? Is it alright if I use the animations but give credit?
Old August 4th, 2011, 09:40 AM
thepsynergist

No way in hell. And if I see you use them in your game, I'm reporting you. While I appreciate that you asked nicely for them, I still don't want them available to the public.

Old September 5th, 2011, 01:29 AM
lolandbeer
Unhatched Egg

(ewwwops necro, sorry Dx)
I should say, just a suggestion, do not make Unhappy Evolving Pokémon. It's useless. Pokémons are meant to fight and to stay with you, naturally growing happyness. If you require to make your Eevee damn unhappy so it can evolve... You will need to make a special berry for decreasing happyness or... idk, but it's pretty hard to get a Pkmn to be unhappy, better to make a new stone or whatever, seriously.
Old September 5th, 2011, 01:35 AM
thepsynergist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolandbeer View Post
(ewwwops necro, sorry Dx)
I should say, just a suggestion, do not make Unhappy Evolving Pokémon. It's useless. Pokémons are meant to fight and to stay with you, naturally growing happyness. If you require to make your Eevee damn unhappy so it can evolve... You will need to make a special berry for decreasing happyness or... idk, but it's pretty hard to get a Pkmn to be unhappy, better to make a new stone or whatever, seriously.
While I appreciate the new ideas, I want there to be an unhappiness evolution.

I haven't posted in a while and i'm sorry for that. I just wanted to let you guys know that I haven't forgotten or abandoned the project, just, 90% of my team left the project so I don't have as much time to work on it.

I have to do the maps, battles, music, story all myself, and as such, will require more time. I'm sorry. But I haven't abandoned this project, so please DON'T close this thread. I am still working on the game.

Old September 5th, 2011, 05:46 AM
cruciFICTION
A Cruciform Kaleidoscope

Nature: Calm
Quote:
While I appreciate the new ideas, I want there to be an unhappiness evolution.
... I have to agree that unhappiness evolution seems extremely counter-productive to training. I mean, happiness evolution happens upon levelling, which means you need to basically repeatedly faint your pokémon to get it to the required level, and then you battle with it and hope it won't gain too many happiness points.

That's a massive flaw. It makes evolving it too hard compared to other pokémon. Not to mention that the majority of pokémon already start with an extremely low happiness level, which means you plan on changing one of the actual mechanics of the game.
Old September 5th, 2011, 06:14 AM
thepsynergist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruciFICTION View Post
... I have to agree that unhappiness evolution seems extremely counter-productive to training. I mean, happiness evolution happens upon levelling, which means you need to basically repeatedly faint your pokémon to get it to the required level, and then you battle with it and hope it won't gain too many happiness points.

That's a massive flaw. It makes evolving it too hard compared to other pokémon. Not to mention that the majority of pokémon already start with an extremely low happiness level, which means you plan on changing one of the actual mechanics of the game.
It's not as much of a grind as you think. I will also include a way to decrease your happiness on a pokemon, think grooming salon in gen 2. Hold items to decrease happiness, spiked dog collar. There are also the herbs. I buffed them to cut happiness more than they did before.

Also, its not like the game forces you to get that pokemon. It's more of a challenge because the pokemon you get in the end are more worth it.

Old September 5th, 2011, 10:01 AM
cruciFICTION
A Cruciform Kaleidoscope

Quote:
It's not as much of a grind as you think. I will also include a way to decrease your happiness on a pokemon, think grooming salon in gen 2. Hold items to decrease happiness, spiked dog collar. There are also the herbs. I buffed them to cut happiness more than they did before.

Also, its not like the game forces you to get that pokemon. It's more of a challenge because the pokemon you get in the end are more worth it.
I refer you to this page which is extremely relevant to the discussion.
Quote:
What could this mean for the animal cruelty argument? Quite a lot, as it turns out, if you follow these differences to their logical conclusion. Being obviously intelligent, Pokémon must be well aware of their situation, know if they would wish for it to be different, and are conscious of their own power. That power also means that if the Pokémon knows that it is being forced into something it does not like - such as being caught, if advocates of the animal cruelty theory are to be believed - it will have an easy time of forcing its way out of it.
Esp. the bolded.

EDIT: Oh, and in case you try the, "Then why don't they escape in the main games?" argument, then I need to remind you: in the main games, you very rarely ACTIVELY piss the pokémon off. Unhappiness is usually a side-effect of fainting or herbs. Putting a collar on your pokémon will piss it off.
Old September 5th, 2011, 01:34 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

^Oh, really? Animal cruelty? It's just a game.

I think unhappiness could be interesting.
Pokemon is too cutesy as it is.

An oddish evolving into a bellosom when it's happy and a gloom when it's unhappy is totally concevible.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here