The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 7th, 2013, 10:40 AM
thepsynergist
A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Yahoo to thepsynergist Send a message via Skype™ to thepsynergist

Advertise here
Hey guys, long time no see.

I've returned with some good news. I'm continuing work on Pokemon Pyrite. However, I have slimmed down my goal of 24 badges and allowing full access to Kanto and Johto.

The game will be complete after I finish working on Gym's 7 and 8 (just finished 6), the Xiades Event, the final encounter with the Mask of Ice, and The Pokemon League.

With this information, the game completion rate has risen to about 80%.

Once I fix some of the bugs preventing its release, I shall update the thread with Patch 0.4.

You'll also get to battle Xiades, for the first time. He won't join your party until after you defeat the Mask of Ice and regain your lost Pokemon. But, he will be a most valuable asset to your team.

The first battle with Xiades, you'll fight him just after you get the badge from Ravensdale Summit (Badge 6.) He will be level 60, and very powerful. You will not be able to catch him, so don't waste any Pokeballs (current bug is that a Master Ball has a chance of catching him, trying to figure out how to bypass this.) The object of the battle is just to be able to defeat him with your current party. He will voluntarily join your party after the Mask of Ice is finally defeated.

I hope this news is good for you all to hear, as it was very hard on me to choose to quit working on Pokemon Pyrite. It was a time in my life I just needed a break. I have been working on this game since I graduated High School (2008), so its no surprise that I would have been burned out by it, eventually.

That said, you guys can hear from me about the upcoming patch, very soon.

Have a good summer,

thepsynergist

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/thepsynergist
Old July 8th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Cypher DS

Sounds exciting, Psynergist!

Old July 9th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Jayje
The First Maker

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Jayje Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jayje Send a message via Yahoo to Jayje
glad to see you're still continuing this project. i really liked it.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 9th, 2013, 06:32 PM
sjr56

the fakemon look pretty cool
Old July 11th, 2013, 12:48 AM
thepsynergist

Send a message via Yahoo to thepsynergist Send a message via Skype™ to thepsynergist
Update:
All attack animations are now in game. Having 370 different attack animations took longer than I thought. >.>

It may be a bug with Vista, but I seem to have trouble getting my Mystery Gift script working like it used to. Currently, I have it so that it checks if you have not received a particular gift already, then it connects to my website, and reads a text file I have stored there, and gives you the gift. However, the game says, "the script is taking too long", or it'll tell me that I don't have a internet connection. ^ ^; Can't have a Pokemon fangame without bugs, I guess...

Old July 11th, 2013, 01:47 AM
Pharetra
MOM GET THE CAMERA

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepsynergist View Post
Update:
All attack animations are now in game. Having 370 different attack animations took longer than I thought. >.>

It may be a bug with Vista, but I seem to have trouble getting my Mystery Gift script working like it used to. Currently, I have it so that it checks if you have not received a particular gift already, then it connects to my website, and reads a text file I have stored there, and gives you the gift. However, the game says, "the script is taking too long", or it'll tell me that I don't have a internet connection. ^ ^; Can't have a Pokemon fangame without bugs, I guess...
370 different animations? That is pretty awesome :o

Good to see you're back, hope you will finish it :)
Old July 16th, 2013, 01:06 AM
thepsynergist

Update:
Still testing my game by playing it through from start to where I have done (didn't realize how much content was in this game. :/
This is mainly to locate balance issues.

I had more trouble than I care to admit with Jade, the 4th gym leader. I probably shouldn't have given her a level 31 Bronzong. >.>

The "Bullet Hell" minigame will be available for play in this next release (PokeTouhou for Game Corner Coins.)

I will update more when the next patch will be available to upload. Working on a bug with the in-game "Journal" that will tell you what quests you currently are on. At the moment, as soon as I grab the 5th quest in the main questline, the game will give me a "cannot convert nil to string" or whatever, so I'm having my friend, formerly known as Crazyninjaguy, (he goes by Smith0r now) work on it. As soon as he finishes his 3 day long breakfast... (long story)

Old July 29th, 2013, 05:18 AM
deathvocals

The download link doesn't seem to work... Or is it just me?

Old July 29th, 2013, 01:28 PM
thepsynergist

The download link is from when Megaupload was still around. I'm still working on Patch 0.5. I'll update the download link when I finish it.

I'm still waiting for Crazyninjaguy to fix my quest script. I might just have to disable it next patch so the game doesn't crash. =/

Old July 30th, 2013, 05:59 PM
thepsynergist

Some updates:

My current scripter has chosen to abandon my project, so I will have to drop the quest system from my Pokegear, as it has a bug that I cannot fix myself... So, you'll have to remember where you have to go and pay attention to text. The bug, as you might have read before, causes the game to crash when you view the quest menu after you receive your 5th quest. This is not acceptable, and I'd rather the game not have a quest system than allow a major bug like that impede gameplay.

I'm sure a lot of people don't want to hear this, but because of this, the patch will take longer to do (not as long as you might think, probably only a few more weeks.) I've also decided that the Xiades appearance needs to be at or around the 7th gym leader, rather than the 6th.

The story placement just wouldn't warrant Xiades's appearance until the Mask of Ice makes another appearance.

The story currently places you in Giovanni's care (hehehe) after you obtain the 6th badge. You must again flee Team Rocket and meet up with the other pokedex holders (Red, Blue, Green, Gold) and team up to rescue Yellow. After you defeat the 7th Gym, you will have the 2nd to last Mask of Ice encounter and you will then meet Xiades. After you face the 8th and final gym leader, you will then learn of the Mask of Ice's true ambitions.

I hope this info will tide you over, but if it won't...

Old July 31st, 2013, 03:13 AM
RIAD99
Rayquaza

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Yahoo to RIAD99 Send a message via Skype™ to RIAD99
i can't download it from megaupload can u plz upload it on 4shared or mediafire ?

Old July 31st, 2013, 03:38 AM
thepsynergist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAD99 View Post
i can't download it from megaupload can u plz upload it on 4shared or mediafire ?
You could just read my 2nd to last post. I'll update when the next patch is done. The old patch isn't worth uploading due to how obsolete it is.

Old August 3rd, 2013, 10:07 AM
jaylovesash

Can I just say (Im sure im not the first to either) this game looks awesome, cant wait until its finished.

I was just wondering if you have a time frame of when the full game version will be available?

Also appreciate the frequent updates
Old August 3rd, 2013, 02:09 PM
thepsynergist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylovesash View Post
Can I just say (Im sure im not the first to either) this game looks awesome, cant wait until its finished.

I was just wondering if you have a time frame of when the full game version will be available?

Also appreciate the frequent updates
I've been out of town all weekend. I'm currently in the middle of setting up the event leading up to the 2nd to last Mask of Ice encounter, and the 7th gym.

I don't have a real accurate time frame, especially since I've been working off and on with this project since early 2009/late 2008.

I promise to keep you guys updated, as I have been doing recently.

Old August 3rd, 2013, 02:17 PM
jaylovesash

Quote:
I've been out of town all weekend. I'm currently in the middle of setting up the event leading up to the 2nd to last Mask of Ice encounter, and the 7th gym.

I don't have a real accurate time frame, especially since I've been working off and on with this project since early 2009/late 2008.

I promise to keep you guys updated, as I have been doing recently.
Thanks for the quick reply. Appreciate the updates and Im sure will be well worth the wait
Old August 16th, 2013, 05:47 PM
PokemonMaster_j

Can you post a demo now, just so we can see what you have so far?

Old August 16th, 2013, 06:59 PM
thepsynergist

I'll post it when it's ready.

Incidently, I only got back from town about 2 days ago from a 2 week vacation. It was the last bit of summer before my sister had to go back to school, so I wanted to spend some time with her.

I'll keep you guys posted, but I won't post a demo until it's ready. I promise that it'll be soon, but there's still some bugs to work out.

Old August 17th, 2013, 05:00 AM
ChiKouu
Froslass Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
I see that a lot of good things happened last month!
I'm very glad to see that you have decided to continue this project! Looking forward to the new demo.
Old September 18th, 2013, 11:10 PM
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

Glad to hear you've gone back to work on this; ironically, I've been gone for quite a while, so I never even noticed....heh heh.

Even nicer to finally see the designs of some of those Fakemons I hadn't gotten to see last time.

If ya want this to be a usable emote, copy & paste to show your support!

Support Amber IDE.......because, seriously, we need an actual Pokemon game engine.

For those who don't know, Nintendo has shut down Pokemon Fusion Generation in a massive case of overreach.
Let's show Nintendo that that ain't acceptable.
Use the hashtag #FreePFG on Twitter, so that one guy's hard work isn't erased.

Feel free to PM me if ya have any questions.
Old September 19th, 2013, 03:48 AM
thepsynergist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyOctillery View Post
Glad to hear you've gone back to work on this; ironically, I've been gone for quite a while, so I never even noticed....heh heh.

Even nicer to finally see the designs of some of those Fakemons I hadn't gotten to see last time.
Thanks. =D

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while. I've been hard at work trying to get a job. I've found solace in working in a local fish and chips restaurant, and I'm really hoping that works out.

In the meantime, I want to talk about my plans for the 7th town in the game.

Since the region is based on the Kyushu region of the real world, I've come to the part of the map where the 7th gym lies. This gym would take place in Ikasa City (an anagram of the city of Nagasaki) where Amnest, the evolution of Absol (yeah, I know, mega-absol is the new evo, but I had this idea since 2010 or so), has destroyed the city, and left it in shambles.

Adam, the gym leader of Ikasa, managed to capture the Pokemon in a fierce battle, but he wasn't able to save the city. All surrounding plant life and habitats for Pokemon were destroyed in this battle, and as such, Pokemon in this section of the region can't be found in grass. Instead, Ikasa City was rebuilt underground, with a full transit rail connecting the 7th and 8th citys (have yet to come up with my city name.) Pokemon in this area of the region will still be able to be caught in the wild, but they were forced to live in the sewers and alleyways of the city.

After you get your 6th gym badge, you are confronted by Giovanni, who surrendered to the Mask of Ice's plan of domination of Team Rocket. He then reveals a close secret to Silver, which angered him greatly (if you know of Silver's past from the Manga/Games, then you know already, but whatever.) You escape on the Team Rocket Transit Rail and find yourself in the new section of Kyushu, with the main goal of rescuing Yellow from the clutches of the Mask of Ice, and exact the revenge Silver had sought for so long.

Hopefully this will tide you over. I've been having less and less time to work on this project, but I promise that I won't let this project die, no matter how long it takes me to complete it.

I still make music if anyone wants to check out my youtube page. I've done many orchestrations, and I even uploaded a track regarding Xiades's hideout. I've the same username for Pokecommunity as I do for Youtube, so I won't be hard to find.

Old November 2nd, 2013, 10:43 PM
thepsynergist

I blame Nintendo for my absence of working on Pokemon Pyrite.

I've spent upwards of 105 hours so far on Pokemon Y, and I'm trying to get a good team going. Once I make time to work on this game again, I'll post an update. In the mean time, here's my FC: 4468-1296-3789

Let's get more friend safari Poke's. Just PM me your FC if you want my friend safari pokes.

Old November 2nd, 2013, 11:11 PM
jiangzhengwenjzw

Can you release a download link on mediafire or 4shared?I can't dwonload on mu...
Thx.

Old November 4th, 2013, 02:39 AM
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
Quote:
I blame Nintendo for my absence of working on Pokemon Pyrite.

I've spent upwards of 105 hours so far on Pokemon Y, and I'm trying to get a good team going. Once I make time to work on this game again, I'll post an update. In the mean time, here's my FC: 4468-1296-3789

Let's get more friend safari Poke's. Just PM me your FC if you want my friend safari pokes.
This feel, I know it all to well.

Regardless, It's good to see Pyrite coming back.

The bell chimes again...
November 2014 ~ Chime Version Returns.
Old May 20th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Serrix

Greetings from months and months after the last message! I do hope that this project is still being kept up whenever you spare time for it, theypsynergist. I understand that life takes priority, but this game looks really damn cool. Just gazing at the Fakemon presented on the main post impresses me very much. And the notion of the plot of this game is highly interesting. Besides, now that Nintendo has announced Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, I'd guess that one wouldn't want that interrupting your progress as X and Y did. And the summer is dead ahead, so perhaps, before or after you've taken a vacation as most people do during the summer, then one could find time to do something. But it is all up to you. I wish you well.
Old May 20th, 2014, 08:53 PM
thepsynergist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrix View Post
Greetings from months and months after the last message! I do hope that this project is still being kept up whenever you spare time for it, theypsynergist. I understand that life takes priority, but this game looks really damn cool. Just gazing at the Fakemon presented on the main post impresses me very much. And the notion of the plot of this game is highly interesting. Besides, now that Nintendo has announced Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, I'd guess that one wouldn't want that interrupting your progress as X and Y did. And the summer is dead ahead, so perhaps, before or after you've taken a vacation as most people do during the summer, then one could find time to do something. But it is all up to you. I wish you well.
It's been a while since I last worked on it, and I had plans on publically releasing the unfinished product.

Every time I open the project, I get stuck on what do do next. I've lost almost all interest in the project...

However, if there is someone that wants to finish the game, I would be more than willing to release the project, in its entirety, here. Truth be told, I haven't even opened the project in over a year...

I do have a general idea on how the game should end, however.
As you might see, there's an unfinished map in the ~SW KYUSHU~ header, also known as map #433. This is the 7th gym in the game, and is housed by my good friend, Adam, of whom is a Dark type gym leader. His town was destroyed by Xiades (the games main legendary (you can find him in the game files)), and as such, had to be rebuilt underground. The gym should be placed there.

Also, it doesn't matter how many routes you place between this town and the next, as long as my town is the largest among all the other towns already in place in the game (another reason why I gave up initially.) My character, of whom is named Jeff (my actual name >.>), and is a Steel gym leader.

I would like the last Mask of Ice fight to be placed a short time after the 8th gym is defeated.

I have planned the fight to involve the Mask of Ice, after you gather Red, Blue, Green, and Gold. The Mask of Ice will then freeze all the characters in place (the sprites for this have already been created) and go on a monologue about how he will capture Xiades, so he can combine its power with Celebi. The Mask of Ice will then succeed, and similar to how Breath of Fire 2 ended (spoiler: main character breaks free through sheer willpower), Silver will be the first to break free. Silver will then face the Mask of Ice. Upon Silver winning, the Mask of Ice will use Celebi's time traveling power to travel back into the past. A portal is generated to accomplish this, and Silver follows the Mask of Ice through it. You then enter a small village with a pond in it (there's a Sevii Island map that Lorelei was on, you may use that if you can't come up with a map for it.) There will be 2 Lapras overworld sprites I want placed in the pond. The Mask of Ice should also be there (obviously.) He will then explain to Silver that all he wanted was to be reunited with his old friends of whom died as a child. This is what caused the Mask of Ice to go insane. He will then remove the mask, and destroy it. He then asks Silver for him to leave him there, in the past, so that he can stay with his only friends until the end of his days.

Upon returning, Silver explains to the others, who managed to escape from their prison of ice, what happened to the Mask of Ice. Silver will then obtain a Sneasel, which was his original Pokemon that the Mask of Ice stole from him as a child, and upon being reunited with Sneasel, he regains all his lost memories.

The event to challenge Xiades will then be active (place him where ever you think is best (I tried to make an event on the map titled "Mt. Hajime", you can do whatever you think is epic here.))

This will be considered the end game. The Elite 4 will be optional, and not required to beat the game, due to their levels. If you have the strength in you after all this is complete, I would love to see a working Pokemon League tournament, similar to the cartoon.

Again, if anyone wants to work on it, be my guest. Just PM me with interest in the project. I'll give it to anyone who wants it, source code and all. For now though, this project is as good as dead... I'm sorry I broke my promise...

Pokemon Pyrite Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3p...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by thepsynergist; May 20th, 2014 at 10:09 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here