Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 9th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Coronation

Advertise here
I downloaded this game the other day, and I have to say that you have put a lot of effort into this game! Everything is high-quality, from the music, to the minigames, to the Intro (which gets in the way of Sring, but is still nice XD). A funny thing happened to me earlier today; I found Pokerus near the Elwynn forest This is the second time that I found Pokerus in a fan-made Pokemon game in the past week (I previously found it in Pokemon Mithril). I'm currently up to Lush Valley, and I just got my third badge. I wish you the best of luck at completing this game, and I hope it becomes a huge sucess! :D

Old October 9th, 2010, 06:33 PM
thepsynergist
A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Yahoo to thepsynergist Send a message via Skype™ to thepsynergist
Maruno says that the Pokerus thing is really hard to get, but i doubt it. I tend to get it at least once one play thru. xD. Thanks for likeing my game. I'm sure next patch you'll love getting the mystery gifts :D

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/thepsynergist
Old October 9th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

I've run into a problem. I got to the part where I gave Lance his PokeBall, but when he asked if I wanted to go with him, I told him that I would do it later. After healing my Pokemon, I went back to him, but I can't talk to him anymore. How do I fix this?
Old October 10th, 2010, 01:40 AM
thepsynergist

Send a message via Yahoo to thepsynergist Send a message via Skype™ to thepsynergist
This bug is known and I talked about how to fix it a few pages back. Unfortunatly the way I coded the event in the previous build, it's impossible to continue...

If you send me your save file, I can give you the pokeball again, and you can continue with the event. In the future, do not say you are not ready, or you won't be able to continue. I'm sorry but I can't release a full build again.

In the mean time, here's a quick fix.

http://www.mediafire.com/?a66asr4rx3emwl0

map083.rxdata will be replaced and should work like a charm. The only problem is that there is no way to recover the item that you lost. Unless, you email me your save file, then I can add the dragonite pokeball to your inventory again and you can continue. Just let me know.

Old October 21st, 2010, 05:55 PM
Cypher DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepsynergist View Post
Maruno says that the Pokerus thing is really hard to get, but i doubt it. I tend to get it at least once one play thru. xD. Thanks for likeing my game. I'm sure next patch you'll love getting the mystery gifts :D
My teams have also been infected with the Pokerus each time I've played. It became so common, and happened so early on in the game, that I assumed the virus was part of the genetic modifications made to your Team Rocket starter.

Old October 22nd, 2010, 01:51 PM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher DS View Post
My teams have also been infected with the Pokerus each time I've played. It became so common, and happened so early on in the game, that I assumed the virus was part of the genetic modifications made to your Team Rocket starter.
You're probably right, that makes too much sense to not be true Still, it was nice to find Pokerus in two fan-games so close together.

I'm wondering what teams other people were using. It would be nice to know what Pokemon people liked to use in this game. I'm currently using Ivysaur, Chemur, Servune, Buzzkaw, Tanorchi and training a Kubluhkhan (although I was really torn between Tanorchi and Pinino.)
Old October 22nd, 2010, 02:04 PM
thepsynergist

The best team that you should use right now would consist of the following.

Charmander
Pinino
Aron (rare on route 2)
Pernade
Cubone
Kubluhkhan

Just in case you need help

Also, in the next demo, when you encounter the Mask of Ice for the first time. You will have your party replaced temporarily with Silver's past Pokemon. Thanks to CNG's help, I was able to figure out how to do that. So, just an update for you guys. Glad you like the game.

Old October 22nd, 2010, 05:53 PM
Cypher DS

I have about twelve or fifteen main Pokemon that I rotate through my team. I defeated the final boss of the demo using

Kuttler
Torkoal
Seviper
Mawile
Octillery
Pachirisu

I didn't dwell too much on how Silver had access to his new Pokemon during the Flashback Battle but using his original team sounds like a neat addition. It should clarify the Mask of Ice's comments about capturing your Sneasel, and it should ensure you have a Cut user on your team. I was lucky enough to have a Wolvern with me during the flashback. Now that I think about it, you can potentially become trapped in the past if you take a team of Pokemon incompatible with HM01.

By the way, Psynergist, does the demo enable evolution by Happiness? Just wondering how much effort I should put into pampering my Eevee and Kubluhkahn (which is an awesome powerhouse, by the way).

Old October 22nd, 2010, 06:15 PM
thepsynergist

Yes, the demo does support evolution by both unhappiness and happiness currently.

Old October 29th, 2010, 12:40 PM
thepsynergist

Another update.

I am currently making the Mask of Ice have more encounters (not himself personally, his minions) prior to the memory recall that Lance gives you. You will also meet Yellow for the first time, who is possessed by the Mask of Ice to follow his orders.

There also is another Mask of Ice minion encounter in the Elwynn Forest. You learn that the Mask of Ice is after Celebi as well (while you are on the Celebi quest), you fight them then take Celebi for yourself. Just wanted to let you know that I'm still working on this.

Old October 29th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

There is a lot of unhappy Pokémon in your dex, but it's no offence. It's a really original idea and i like all of the fakemons. But for what i saw, i couldn't really see any legendaries.
Old October 29th, 2010, 02:14 PM
thepsynergist

There aren't any at the moment, due to the sheer number already available. The only one that I am thinking of is Xiades, which is Arceus's brother. There is a whole storyline that I have dedicated to it that is currently in game.

Here is a picture of him. I am currently looking for someone to sprite him. A 2 frame animation of front and back. If someone is willing to do so, I could do a trade. I'm really good at making music, so if someone wants me to do a track or two in their game in exchange for spriting this, I'd be very happy to do so.

And yes, I have express permission from the artist.

Old October 29th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Well, I'm having a small problem. I finally found out how to get an Eevee, so I dueled enough people at the Card Shop to purchase it. However, when I tried to buy it, it said that i didin't have enough coins, even though I do. I'll post some pics.

I have enough coins to buy it but...

...I get this message. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a glitch?

Also, I love how the starter becomes shiny when it hits its final evo. I never noticed how cool shiny Venusaur looks until I got this. I'm gonna breed a shiny Bulbasaur this weekend :D

Old October 29th, 2010, 03:01 PM
thepsynergist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coronation View Post
Well, I'm having a small problem. I finally found out how to get an Eevee, so I dueled enough people at the Card Shop to purchase it. However, when I tried to buy it, it said that i didin't have enough coins, even though I do. I'll post some pics.

I have enough coins to buy it but...

...I get this message. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a glitch?

Also, I love how the starter becomes shiny when it hits its final evo. I never noticed how cool shiny Venusaur looks until I got this. I'm gonna breed a shiny Bulbasaur this weekend :D

It's possible that its an oversight on my part. I'll look in the event and see if I did something wrong with the way the event worked. I'll let you know.

EDIT: I looked at it, and I don't see an issue unless you can't buy any of the Pokemon in the event. I'll test it on my end. If you can buy the other Pokemon, let me know.

EDIT2: Oh, I'm an idiot I coded the event to only allow you to get a Pokemon if you had the EXACT amount of coins. My bad... I'll fix it in an upcoming patch. Too busy to worry about that at the moment. I'll let you know when it's fixed.

Last edited by thepsynergist; October 29th, 2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old October 29th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Quote:
It's possible that its an oversight on my part. I'll look in the event and see if I did something wrong with the way the event worked. I'll let you know.

EDIT: I looked at it, and I don't see an issue unless you can't buy any of the Pokemon in the event. I'll test it on my end. If you can buy the other Pokemon, let me know.

EDIT2: Oh, I'm an idiot I coded the event to only allow you to get a Pokemon if you had the EXACT amount of coins. My bad... I'll fix it in an upcoming patch. Too busy to worry about that at the moment. I'll let you know when it's fixed.
Hmm... I kinda had a feeling that was the problem, especially when I couldn't buy stuff like Abra. I'm gonna try to whittle down the coins by buying something more expensive. It'll take a while, but I really want an Espeon :D

EDIT: Aw man, the only item I can work up to is a Master Ball, which is 25000 coins... Well, at least it's the weekend

EDIT #2: I don't think I can make the 75 extra coins dissapear, which means I can't get up to 25000 coins

Last edited by Coronation; October 29th, 2010 at 04:04 PM.
Old October 29th, 2010, 03:47 PM
thepsynergist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coronation View Post
Hmm... I kinda had a feeling that was the problem, especially when I couldn't buy stuff like Abra. I'm gonna try to whittle down the coins by buying something more expensive. It'll take a while, but I really want an Espeon :D
I'm sorry about that. I have the event coded like,

If $PokemonGlobal.coins==1500

Then

etc.

when it should be $PokemonGlobal.coins>=1500

Noob coder at work

Old October 29th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Cero
Beginning Trainer

I was playing your demo and got to the area where it sandstorms found a minor glitch that can ruin the game for players lol...pretty much using Team Rocket Watch while in the Desert causes Sandstorm graphics and in battle effect to become permenant >.< I had to reset the game to fix it....sorry if i sound bratty....btw If You need Legendaries and have a good sprite maker I have 2 Legendaries I'm giving away along with a few fakemons not me if you want the concept design I suck at spriting lolz...
Old October 29th, 2010, 08:05 PM
thepsynergist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cero View Post
I was playing your demo and got to the area where it sandstorms found a minor glitch that can ruin the game for players lol...pretty much using Team Rocket Watch while in the Desert causes Sandstorm graphics and in battle effect to become permenant >.< I had to reset the game to fix it....sorry if i sound bratty....btw If You need Legendaries and have a good sprite maker I have 2 Legendaries I'm giving away along with a few fakemons not me if you want the concept design I suck at spriting lolz...
I really DON'T need any legends in my game like I said. I just need a spriter for Xiades.

Last edited by thepsynergist; October 29th, 2010 at 09:20 PM. Reason: completly different meaning :P
Old October 30th, 2010, 12:14 AM
Dark Pulse94
Scienta Potentia Est

Nature: Lonely
I looked at the First post, and I like the Dunsparce and Electrode Evo... and the storyline is epic!

I want to make my own RPG, can you you tell me where to get it?
Old November 1st, 2010, 02:16 PM
maditalian
Beginning Trainer

The legendary looks, well, legendary. I myself have no spriting skills, but that fakemon would be a fantastic addition. Looking forward to it.
Old November 1st, 2010, 02:27 PM
thepsynergist

Here's hoping I can find a spriter.

Old November 6th, 2010, 05:57 AM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Nature: Rash
Ah, dang. I was going to use Pokemon Pyrite....

Whatever, that's why I am using amatite as a backup.

Keep it up, good work!

----------------------------
Beta 1 Coming Soon! ||||||||||
Old November 6th, 2010, 03:04 PM
thepsynergist

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejermiester View Post
Ah, dang. I was going to use Pokemon Pyrite....

Whatever, that's why I am using amatite as a backup.

Keep it up, good work!
Lol, I've had that name for over a year

You're the third person that wanted my name. I chose it for a very good reason, its not just a random name. Pyrite is "Fool's Gold", and the main character is Silver. It's perfect. I had to take it. Thankfully no one had that name yet.

Old November 7th, 2010, 02:04 PM
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

Glad I finally get to see what your fakemon actually look like. A lot of really awesome designs.

Took me a sec to realize (mostly by the name) that the Electric/Psychic one's a living SLOT MACHINE.

If ya want this to be a usable emote, copy & paste to show your support!

Support Amber IDE.......because, seriously, we need an actual Pokemon game engine.

For those who don't know, Nintendo has shut down Pokemon Fusion Generation in a massive case of overreach.
Let's show Nintendo that that ain't acceptable.
Use the hashtag #FreePFG on Twitter, so that one guy's hard work isn't erased.

Feel free to PM me if ya have any questions.
Old November 7th, 2010, 03:25 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Lol, I've had that name for over a year :P

You're the third person that wanted my name. I chose it for a very good reason, its not just a random name. Pyrite is "Fool's Gold", and the main character is Silver. It's perfect. I had to take it. Thankfully no one had that name yet.
Wow, pretty creative.

I'm usually not good at comming up with names
I just named mine Eevee Edition... because you have an eevee. XD

I remember my really old project. pokemon illusion. It wasn't actually until quaterway through the game I realised that the name has nothing to do with the game. so I started making a stupid plot about it.

anyways- everything looks great so far!
Beta 0.73 is out
Thread | Website | Blog
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here