The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 7th, 2010, 09:50 PM
thepsynergist
A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Yahoo to thepsynergist Send a message via Skype™ to thepsynergist
Thank you very much. I am now in the process of implementing Pre-Mask of Ice quests in the game. You will now fight the Mask of Ice grunts twice before meeting him on the ship. You will find out when you play the game.

I also made a fix to the quest system. It now properly saves quest progress (thank you CNG). I should have another demo by Christmas, progressing as far as Badge 7 with any luck. I need to work on school so my time on this project has been limited. Just letting everyone know so they don't think this project is dead.

P.S. I will put a request for someone to sprite Xiades for me. No one has messaged me at all. I am willing to help people with their game if someone does that.

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/thepsynergist
Old November 12th, 2010, 03:11 PM
maditalian
Beginning Trainer

I hope you find a good spriter, since the concept is phenomenal.

Another question: will all poke's be catchable?
Old November 12th, 2010, 03:15 PM
thepsynergist

Send a message via Yahoo to thepsynergist Send a message via Skype™ to thepsynergist
Quote:
Originally Posted by maditalian View Post
I hope you find a good spriter, since the concept is phenomenal.

Another question: will all poke's be catchable?
I'll do my best to implement them as best as possible. But if I don't figure out a way, I'll just make them mystery giftable. I will not be adding Black and White pokemon as that would slow my work down too much. Just Gen 1-4. Hell i'd leave out 4 just to make it easier but people would be sad D:

Oh well, I'll figure it out. I've 3 regions to work with.

Old November 12th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Ben.
Orange I s l a n d s~
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ben.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepsynergist View Post
Lol, I've had that name for over a year :P

You're the third person that wanted my name. I chose it for a very good reason, its not just a random name. Pyrite is "Fool's Gold", and the main character is Silver. It's perfect. I had to take it. Thankfully no one had that name yet.
Yet Riceeman had the name for a year before you did. But that didn't stop you?
He has had the name for longer, as you can see from his album he uploaded a image with the name Pyrite in 2008 the earliest deviance you have is from 2009.
I think may want to remove them name. Sorry to be such a bummer.

Old November 12th, 2010, 03:43 PM
thepsynergist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben. View Post

Yet Riceeman had the name for a year before you did. But that didn't stop you?
He has had the name for longer, as you can see from his album he uploaded a image with the name Pyrite in 2008 the earliest deviance you have is from 2009.
I think may want to remove them name. Sorry to be such a bummer.
I've been working on this game since 2008. I just didn't post a topic here since 2009. I looked in the entire showcase thread and didn't find anyone with this game. If he comes and asks me personally to change the name, then I will, but I don't even see any evidence of his work listed as such anywhere. If you google, "Pokemon Pyrite" you'll find that none of his work is listed at all. I'd say I have a standing on the name. But, if he wants me to change the name that badly, he should ask me himself. Just saying...

EDIT: I looked him up and he hasn't touched that project for over 2 years now. : /

Old November 12th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Ben.
Orange I s l a n d s~
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ben.
My mistake then.
Sorry about that XD

Old November 17th, 2010, 08:17 PM
thepsynergist

I am going to be entering Luka S.J's Game of the Year contest on his site. I will release a new features video and a new demo in less than a week because of that. This new demo will include more Mask of Ice events that lead up to explain the Mask of Ice's true motives so that he will not just be an up in your face villain.

You will also meet Yellow after you get your 3rd badge and get your quest from Lance.

Old November 20th, 2010, 08:22 PM
thepsynergist

New Pokemon Pyrite demo is available. Version 0.3b, "Game of the Year" edition. This is the version that I will be submitting to Luka S.J.'s forum shortly.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4BP2AYJN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhtlTTqZod8

Last edited by thepsynergist; November 20th, 2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old November 22nd, 2010, 12:12 PM
StonerMk2
Beginner RMXP User

Nature: Naughty
Played the demo and was impressed. Great work so far. Got past the first gym, took about an hour or so. Not sure if it was intentional but couldnt get back up the stairs. If it was, then hey good job on the content to that point, if not, well theres a bug for you.

Interested to see whats coming up.

[Edit] Nevermind on the italicized text. Didnt realize you had to press "A" to get back up the stairs.

Old November 24th, 2010, 03:57 PM
thepsynergist

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonerMk2 View Post
Played the demo and was impressed. Great work so far. Got past the first gym, took about an hour or so. Not sure if it was intentional but couldnt get back up the stairs. If it was, then hey good job on the content to that point, if not, well theres a bug for you.

Interested to see whats coming up.

[Edit] Nevermind on the italicized text. Didnt realize you had to press "A" to get back up the stairs.
That was a small error on my part, easily fixed, but not enough to warrant a patch. I'm glad you like it.

Old November 24th, 2010, 07:28 PM
StonerMk2
Beginner RMXP User

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
That was a small error on my part, easily fixed, but not enough to warrant a patch. I'm glad you like it.
Definitely. Was awesome see see things from the other side of the pond. Wish you could be a bit more...."evil" i guess, or bad. Or ya know i can just wait and see whats up next. Lol.

Take it easy Psy

Old November 28th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Cypher DS

I've downloaded the new demo with the intent of running a Nuzlocke challenge. So far so good. I like how you've modified the Selentear tour guide into a Team Rocket spy; it puts a unique spin on the "town layout" information now that it's delivered from the bad guys.

I also noticed that you've added new dialogue for the Rocket grunts. Can't wait to see how that unfolds!

Old November 28th, 2010, 03:33 PM
thepsynergist

You'll love it, I guarantee it. You'll also get to meet a certain mask of ice slave. >.>

Btw, I kinda rushed that event, so if it seems incomplete that's why. I rushed it so I could enter Luka S.J's Game of the Year contest.

Old November 29th, 2010, 10:48 AM
thepsynergist

Pokemon Pyrite received third place in Luka S.J.'s Game of the Year contest. I will try harder and I will win for sure next year. By then I hope my game is finished 100%.

Old November 29th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD

Quote:
Pokemon Pyrite received third place in Luka S.J.'s Game of the Year contest. I will try harder and I will win for sure next year. By then I hope my game is finished 100%.
Your game was great, don't worry about this little technicality I'd like to thank you sincerely for participating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyninjaguy
I'm voting for Pokemon Pyrite.
There are quite a few reasons, which i'll now go into.

The first reason is that the storyline has a really in-depth RPG style to it, which i love.
The creator is adding a great deal of thought into the creation of the game to make it different from everyone else's, not by having flashy systems made by someone else, or even by himself, but through things that he's good at. He's actually creating his own music for his game which is something in itself.

The fact that he's using 3rd Generation tilesets may not appeal to people, which is why they may not have voted for him previously. I think this is a bold statement of someone doing this because they love it, and not to be "in the scene" or just having the latest graphics because everyone else is.

The videos are quite professionally put together as well which is a bonus. While there's nothing wrong with a quick Windows Move Maker video, having something special to showcase your game is a great addition.

While the other entries are great, and they've had a lot of work and effort put into them, Pokemon Pyrite has been going for quite a few years, and i'd say that it shows by the amount of thought gone into it.

So yeah, end of rambling, i vote for Pokemon Pyrite :D
Just wanted to show you so you know that there are people fully supporting you I know your game will do great anytime it is challenged. I have faith that next year's title will be yours!
Old November 29th, 2010, 11:38 AM
thepsynergist

Wow, Crazyninjaguy said that? =3 I will definitely keep working on this game. Thanks for all your support guys. It means a lot.

EDIT: Also, the creator of Xiades said that he'd try and sprite him. Said it'll prolly be done by christmas.

Last edited by thepsynergist; November 29th, 2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old December 4th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Cypher DS

I'm two badges into my Nuzlocke run of the new demo and I've run into one inconvenient glitch: the healing machine in Bransworth's laboratory will not activate.

Also, I need to make a full investigation into status healing items and berries. I've noticed that some will not activate in battle, and others (such as the PP-restore berry, I can't remember the name) will crash your game if utilized.

Old December 4th, 2010, 11:09 AM
thepsynergist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher DS View Post
I'm two badges into my Nuzlocke run of the new demo and I've run into one inconvenient glitch: the healing machine in Bransworth's laboratory will not activate.

Also, I need to make a full investigation into status healing items and berries. I've noticed that some will not activate in battle, and others (such as the PP-restore berry, I can't remember the name) will crash your game if utilized.
That's strange, I haven't edited Bransworth's healing apparatis at all... Same with berries and the items... That is very strange indeed... Let me know if you find any thing else.

Old December 6th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Cypher DS

Here are the errors I've encountered:

Paralyze Heal
-works perfectly outside of battle.
-when Used in a battle you are taken to the Pokemon Team menu. When you select a paralyzed pokemon to heal, the game returns you to the Item Select menu. Paralysis stat is not removed.

Leppa Berry
-works perfectly outside of battle.
-when Used in a battle you are taken to the Pokemon Team menu. When you select a Pokemon, the screen freezes. You remain at the Pokemon Team menu; however, the controls respond as though you were on the Battle Screen: pressing the directional buttons will cycle you through the "Fight, Pkmn, Item, Run" options, and hitting C will confirm the highlighted choice. It is possible to Run from the battle, upon which you are returned to the Overworld map.

Old December 6th, 2010, 06:49 PM
thepsynergist

That has to be a pokemon essentials error, since I didn't edit those items at all. I have no idea how to fix that I'm sorry to say... Which sucks, because it makes the game worse off then...

Old December 6th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Andinator
Got my Account Back

check its tabs with an awakening and see what changed

Click us!!!!!
My Poképet!!

ELECTIVIRE

Old December 6th, 2010, 08:00 PM
thepsynergist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andinator View Post
check its tabs with an awakening and see what changed

I get this code, I can't tell if there's anything wrong since I don't know how the code works...

Spoiler:
Code:
ItemHandlers::BattleUseOnPokemon.add(:CHERIBERRY,proc{|item,pokemon,battler,scene|
  if pokemon.hp<=0 || pokemon.status!=PBStatuses::PARALYSIS
   scene.pbDisplay(_INTL("It won't have any effect."))
   next false
 else
   $game_system.se_play("potion.wav")
   scene.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} was cured of paralysis.",pokemon.name))
   pokemon.status=0
   battler.status=0 if battler
   next true
  end
})
ItemHandlers::BattleUseOnPokemon.copy(:CHESTOBERRY,:PARLYZHEAL)
ItemHandlers::BattleUseOnPokemon.add(:CHESTOBERRY,proc{|item,pokemon,battler,scene|
  if pokemon.hp<=0 || pokemon.status!=PBStatuses::SLEEP
   next false
 else
   scene.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} woke up.",pokemon.name))
   pokemon.status=0
   next true
  end
})
ItemHandlers::BattleUseOnPokemon.copy(:CHESTOBERRY,:AWAKENING,:BLUEFLUTE)
ItemHandlers::BattleUseOnPokemon.add(:PECHABERRY,proc{|item,pokemon,battler,scene|
  if pokemon.hp<=0 || pokemon.status!=PBStatuses::POISON
   next false
 else
   scene.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} was cured of its poisoning.",pokemon.name))
   pokemon.status=0
   next true
  end
})

Old December 6th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Andinator
Got my Account Back

they both seem to work fine, but try to look for the paralyz heal one or else I can't help you

Click us!!!!!
My Poképet!!

ELECTIVIRE

Old December 6th, 2010, 10:07 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
How cool, first time I've seen RMXP code yet I can totally read it. It's not that much different than C#. Might need to jump on this scripting business.

Does it do any indication of item use when you use the Paralyz heal- potion jingle? or a message "It won't have any effect." pokemon or was cured of paralysis."
Old December 7th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Cypher DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDoom3000 View Post
Does it do any indication of item use when you use the Paralyz heal- potion jingle? or a message "It won't have any effect." pokemon or was cured of paralysis."
No, there are no messages or jingles when you use a Paralyze Heal.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links