The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 20th, 2011, 03:12 PM
thepsynergist
A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Yahoo to thepsynergist Send a message via Skype™ to thepsynergist

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post
I've come on this thread before, and just not posted on it because of the third gen graphics. I really shouldn't have done that, because I've just read the last few pages and this looks great. On my first look of the thread, I didn't even notice that there was a demo, so when I get back to my PC, I'll be sure to play that.

Quite a while ago you mentioned that you needed sprites for the legendary (forgive me, but I can't remember it's name, and on the iPhone it's hard to go back). In making my own game, I've made a few contacts in the spriting world, and I could have it spirited for you in exchange for some music. I can assure you they'd be extremely high quality.
Well currently, I have a sprite artist doing Xiades. Thanks for that though. And I'm hoping that this game will be proof that just because a game is in gen3, doesn't mean it will be bad.

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/thepsynergist
Old March 21st, 2011, 07:36 PM
ProGuava
ʇnoɥs puɐ ʇsıʍʇ

Nature: Relaxed
did you use RPG maker? I usually use game maker for my pkmn games

Follow me on twitter!

And please contact me if you would like to partner with me in any game or programming development
Old March 21st, 2011, 07:39 PM
thepsynergist

Send a message via Yahoo to thepsynergist Send a message via Skype™ to thepsynergist
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProGuava View Post
did you use RPG maker? I usually use game maker for my pkmn games
RPG Maker XP, with Poccil's Fine Starter Kit.

Old March 22nd, 2011, 03:39 AM
Crazyninjaguy
I'm back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepsynergist View Post
I posted this update on youtube, but I thought I should show it here since some people think that I'm not working hard enough.

My good friend, Crazyninjaguy, is helping me get this in my Pokemon game. I will have it be an arcade style game where the more points you get, you'll get more coins. It will be placed in the game corner once it is finished.
Just to let everyone know, i've finished porting this script over to essentials, so expect that in the next demo, unless thepsynergist has other plans for when to release it :3
Old March 22nd, 2011, 01:22 PM
thepsynergist

Nah, it's going in the game corner in Grenden Port. If you use the save file from the old demo, you'll fit right in.

Old March 26th, 2011, 12:19 PM
phosphate5
Random little kid

Nature: Careful
Looks awesome so far. Just wondering... is there a way to avoid giving up the Celebi? I caught it with one Poke ball, but my master ball disappeared

Also, is the physical/special split from D/P incorporated, and are there 4th gen moves/abilities? (And are 5th gen Pokemon going to later be added?)
Old March 26th, 2011, 03:03 PM
thepsynergist

I'm never going to add Gen5, this project was being started back when Gen4 was new, and I was even considering pulling them. It's very unfeasible to add 600something pokemon in a game + fakemon. But, don't worry, I'm keeping Gen4.

I scripted the Celebi event like that on purpose. You're going to get Celebi at a much later date when you deal with the mask of ice for the last time.

Yes, the phys/spec split is there, and I'm slowly working on getting gen4 moves and abilities in, but I will do that later. Getting the project done is most important.

Old April 1st, 2011, 01:12 PM
usoremix
Beginning Trainer

Hello, first of all, this is my first post on this site, so be nice!
To business though, I really like this demo, probably one of my favorites on this site so far! I did find a error that you might want to look into though.

came when I left the team rocket hide out for the first time to train my charmander. I found a Nidoran, and it poisoned me, so I went to go heal. But I didn't make it and died on the way. So when I whited out, after the message, I got a script error. I don't know if the game didn't know where to put me after whiting out so early, since the hide out isn't considered a pokemon center? I did heal in there before I left, but maybe thats the reason? if you want, I can send you a screen shot of the error message I got later, just let me know.
Old April 1st, 2011, 02:06 PM
thepsynergist

Quote:
Originally Posted by usoremix View Post
Hello, first of all, this is my first post on this site, so be nice!
To business though, I really like this demo, probably one of my favorites on this site so far! I did find a error that you might want to look into though.

came when I left the team rocket hide out for the first time to train my charmander. I found a Nidoran, and it poisoned me, so I went to go heal. But I didn't make it and died on the way. So when I whited out, after the message, I got a script error. I don't know if the Blanket didn't know when to put me after whiting out so early, since the hide out isn't considered a pokemon center? I did heal in there before I left, but maybe thats the reason? if you want, I can send you a screen shot of the error message I got later, just let me know.
That's really weird, I set that healing station as a Pokemon Center point... Yeah, I'd love to see that error. Oh and btw, there's a bug with the 1st gym at the moment (I'll have it fixed next patch (its coming soon ;D)) that you have to press the okay button when you're standing on the staircase in Janie's room. I set it to event touch but for now you have to press the okay key at that point.

Old April 1st, 2011, 02:36 PM
usoremix
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepsynergist View Post
That's really weird, I set that healing station as a Pokemon Center point... Yeah, I'd love to see that error. Oh and btw, there's a bug with the 1st gym at the moment (I'll have it fixed next patch (its coming soon ;D)) that you have to press the okay button when you're standing on the staircase in Janie's room. I set it to event touch but for now you have to press the okay key at that point.
Oh thank you for the quick update, I was actually JUST about to report that exact glitch as well!
Attached Thumbnails
knownpoint.jpg‎  
Old April 1st, 2011, 02:46 PM
thepsynergist

Quote:
Oh thank you for the quick update, I was actually JUST about to report that exact glitch as well!
I'll try my best to fix that bug, but that's the first time I've had that happen... At what point in the game did this occur? Was it before you stole a pokemon from the selentear lab? After, before or after you got the pokegear?

Old April 1st, 2011, 03:40 PM
usoremix
Beginning Trainer

This error is DIRECTLY after you first leave the team rocket hide out, and there is that grass to the left of the entrance to the hide out. fought 1 nidoran, got poisoned, ran back into the cave of the hide out, died in there, and spawn near the healing thing in the hide out, but then that error occurs. This was before I talked to ???? even.

Also, I just recently came across another, small glitch you might want to know about. This one does not affect game play, so I don't think it'll be top priority for you, but when you first fight the ice mask people, during the battle, the battle text suddenly went to a REALLY small font size, to the point its almost unreadable. I forgot to screen shot this, but no error message, its just really small font for the duration of the battle with the ice mask people the first time you encounter them in the forest.
Old April 1st, 2011, 04:35 PM
thepsynergist

Quote:
This error is DIRECTLY after you first leave the team rocket hide out, and there is that grass to the left of the entrance to the hide out. fought 1 nidoran, got poisoned, ran back into the cave of the hide out, died in there, and spawn near the healing thing in the hide out, but then that error occurs. This was before I talked to ???? even.

Also, I just recently came across ancrazy, small glitch you might want to know about. This one does not affect Blanket play, so I don't think it'll be top priority for you, but when you first fight the ice mask people, during the Arrest, the Arrest text suddenly went to a REALLY small font size, to the point its almost unreadable. I forgot to screen shot this, but no error message, its just really small font for the duration of the Arrest with the ice mask people the first time you encounter them in the forest.
Another glitch that I failed to replicate. I've heard of this too. I think its people who don't have the RTP installed for RPG Maker XP, but I could be wrong. I'll do some extensive testing. And about your other glitch, did you save at all before you died from poison?

Old April 1st, 2011, 06:08 PM
usoremix
Beginning Trainer

I did not save when it happened to me, i had forgotten to do so. maybe it has something to do with where I died? It fainted in the cave on the inside of the team rocket tower close to where you walk in. If not, then sorry, hopefully it was a freak happening and won't happen again.
Old April 1st, 2011, 06:12 PM
thepsynergist

Quote:
I did not save when it happened to me, i had forgotten to do so. maybe it has something to do with when I died? It fainted in the cave on the inside of the team rocket tower close to when you walk in. If not, then sorry, hopefully it was a freak happening and won't happen again.
I would think so, I started the game over about 8 times and tried to replicate exactly what happened to you, and I can't get that error to appear. I don't know...maybe it was a freak accident.

Old April 2nd, 2011, 02:53 PM
phosphate5
Random little kid

Nature: Careful
Wait... I already got the first gym badge, but my level 12 traded Mareep is still loafing around... what's happening? Do I need the second badge?
Old April 2nd, 2011, 03:04 PM
Echidna
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
nice storyline man, looking forward to this one !!!!!! wish u luck !!

Old April 2nd, 2011, 03:18 PM
thepsynergist

Quote:
Originally Posted by phosphate5 View Post
Wait... I already got the first gym badge, but my level 12 traded Mareep is still loafing around... what's happening? Do I need the second badge?
All the Gen4 games and below had this formula:

2 badges = Level 30 obey
4 badges = Level 50 obey
6 badges = Level 70 obey
8 badges = All obey

Old April 3rd, 2011, 05:32 AM
TheMarkCrafter
Magma.

Nature: Serious
---------------------------
Pokemon Pyrite Install Program
This file contains invalid data.
OK

That happens to me when i downloaded it

Pokemon Pyrite Install Program
This file contains invalid data.
OK

That happens to me when i downloaded it

omega.
No information yet.

Last edited by TheMarkCrafter; April 3rd, 2011 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 3rd, 2011, 01:07 PM
thepsynergist

Try redownloading it. It's possible your download got corrupted.

Old April 10th, 2011, 12:20 AM
mew²
Helix 4 President!

Nature: Quiet
It's been a while since I've seen your progress. And I'm pretty impressed.
Some of your fakemon are amazing, others.... questionable...
Good thing you're not adding 5th generation, I think it would ruin it more.
Anywho, I'm ganna try out that demo and see what you got.(:

Pokemon X - Ricky `~`
FC: 4871 4170 6707
Old April 10th, 2011, 12:28 AM
thepsynergist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ゲンガー View Post
It's been a while since I've seen your progress. And I'm pretty impressed.
Some of your fakemon are amazing, others.... questionable...
Good thing you're not adding 5th generation, I think it would ruin it more.
Anywho, I'm ganna try out that demo and see what you got.(:
Awesome, just remember that bug that I posted above if you get stuck in the first gym.

Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:35 AM
maulinux
Beginning Trainer

From April 10 there are no more news. The development of the game is stopped? It would be very sad. The game is one of the best pokemon game.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 11:49 AM
thepsynergist

Quote:
Originally Posted by maulinux View Post
From April 10 there are no more news. The development of the game is stopped? It would be very sad. The game is one of the best pokemon game.
Nah, I'm still working really hard on it. I've just been waiting for some sprites from some people. And I'm also working on Finals in college right now, my time on it has been slow. I'm sorry, but that's the way of it.

This project IS NOT DEAD! I will make sure that it isn't.

Just as a minor update for people so that they know that.

Here's the front sprite for Xiades Peeky Chu was working on.

(JPG'd so people wouldn't take it)
Also, here is Xiades's Backstory. Also, don't steal it.

Spoiler:
"There once was a time when life was a mere fantasy held only by whispers. A void of darkness was all there was. No planets, no stars, nothing. Until the day came a white and golden egg appeared in the center of the universe. With its hatching, a wave of energy over took the black emptiness, and where there was nothing, now where the star and planet filled skies we see today. The creature that hatched from the egg, was none other than Arceus, a god pokemon of creation.

With it’s arrival, it set out to create the life the universe so desperately needed, starting with the creation of those controlling space, time, and antimatter. Once the dimensions were established, the great god of creation turned it’s sights to planets, filling them with life. But for some reason, everything only vanished. That was when another egg appeared, one more sinister looking and brimming with evil vibes. When it hatched, Arceus felt threatened by it’s abilities, but let the new God pokemon remain.

As Arceus started over with creating life in the universe, Xiades used it’s power to keep life preserved, but it also took away life as well. Despite the good that was inside of it, Arceus only saw the evil, and after eons of dealing with the endless cycle of life, preservation and death, Arceus grew tired of having to create. Out of rage, Arcues attacked Xiades, and the two brothers of creation and destruction fought endlessly, destroying most of the universe that Arceus worked so hard to create. For a while, the universe was calm. Xiades fled to the planet that now teemed with life, both of Pokemon and of Human, but Arceus followed, calling upon it’s creations Dialga, Palika, a Giritina to give chase. The five pokemon clashed in the atmosphere of the life filled planet, while all it’s inhabitant’s watched, feeling helpless at the raging battle.

It wasn’t until finally all four of the opposition attacked at once, hitting the already battle worn Xiades and letting it fall to the earth below in a broken heap. All pokemon and humans were enraged by the indifference of Arceus, as they strove to protect the dying Xiades, but their attempts where futile as Arceus soon called upon a meteor to whip out both the god of destruction and those who stood by it’s side. With the meteor impact, many pokemon died, Xiades soon following after using the last of it’s strength to try and preserve the life it protected. But with it’s passing, many pokemon suddenly went extinct, but still, life was preserved.

It is rumored that with it’s death, the momentary barren land from where the meteor struck became filled with young saplings and all forms of plant life, and even some new species appeared to govern the lands and ensure the preservation of life in Xiades’s stead. The Pokemon then in turn revered the site where Xiades fell, and it’s body, now turned to cold stone, lie. When humans began to grow with intelligence, they realized the place was sacred, and built a shrine dedicating their thanks to allowing life to continue, even without the god’s existence.

With the passage of time and the advancing human race, a family stepped forward and pledged to protect the shrine of the fallen Xiades. The Mamoru soon found their pledge was heard as they were given long life and white hair and each were given an ability to call upon Pokemon when needed. It is said that to this day, their descendants still protect that shrine and the crater in which a forest grew has been called Dusk Grove."

I hope you guys like this, and sorry about the lack of updates. I will try to keep you posted weekly like I promised.

And just because. Here's a sprite of what I look like as the 8th gym leader. =3

Old May 3rd, 2011, 01:17 PM
maulinux
Beginning Trainer

We can wait. I'm sure the end result is worth the wait. Good luck for the college.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here