The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge

Notices

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Advertise here

Old July 1st, 2009, 06:55 PM
Pink Twilight
Moon and Sun combine!!!

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Hell, my name is Pink Twilight and i will be announcing my story idea. plz tell me what you think about it and how i can improve it! i will be changing the names around, i might not keep the name Haven.

Brief Summary: A 14 year-old boy named Haven Yutoki takes a trip on their new boat with his parents and his only pokemon, buizel. But
all turns to a tragedy when the boat crashes into an uknown object. his parents are no were to be found and young Haven and Buizel have to survive on their own. Can they make it?

Moon And Sun Combine♥

Paired up with Shadow Umbreon!

Old July 1st, 2009, 07:03 PM
Feign
Clain

Nature: Quirky
It can be a good story, as long as you avoid the redundancy that are "lost" stories. That is, person gets lost, person looses hope, person gets aid, person fights conflict, and happy ending.

Perhaps you can include some differences, like perhaps they had crashed on purpose (not the parents, but the boat itself). Don't just place importance on your character, that would also get boring after awhile. Perhaps the object they crash into isn't really an object, and comes into play later.

Just be as bendable as possible with these kinds of stories. However if you'd like to stick with your original idea, it would be best then if it were a psychological type of thriller, and you'd have to convey the main character's feelings to the reader, to portray the reality of the situation.

Happy ideaing ;D
Old July 2nd, 2009, 05:31 AM
Pink Twilight
Moon and Sun combine!!!

Nature: Relaxed
Hey thanks for the advise! your help was appreciated!

Moon And Sun Combine♥

Paired up with Shadow Umbreon!

Old July 6th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Giratina ♀
what's your sign?

Nature: Quirky
Another tip: if Haven (note: try thinking up a name instead of using a noun like that) was alone with Buizel on the island and does ever end up getting back to civilization, maybe use that sepeartion from other people to highlight just how far he had strayed from humanity itself. For example, if he's being interrogated by the police or something, make everyone else hear his talking as slurred and difficult to comprehend, from not hearing anyone else's voice for so long.

...I've got no idea where that came from. It's an ineresting premise, but like Feign said, try to pull a twist on it. For example, he could have crash-landed into a... meteor with a Deoxys in it or something and now he has to stop Deoxys from... bringing down the moon or... something. xD Get the idea?

Sponsored Links

Advertise here