The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 28th, 2014, 10:46 PM
Antmagic1

Advertise here
This applies for every game ahead of Crystal. While there were no girl characters in R, B, Gold, or Silver, I am talking about the games ahead of Crystal. What if the girl character in every game above Crystal is your Mom in the next game?

Spoiler:
Optional Theory
Spoiler:
The boy character from the last game is your dad too, meaning they got married and you are their son.
Old May 29th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Much plot twist!

Hm... unfortunately, it couldn't work... there's not enough in-game time between games...
Plus, B2W2 would break it completely as it's set 2 years after BW.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old May 29th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Endless
& give nothing back

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
It's a good idea, but… I don't really see it happening, sadly. :( If this were true, we'd be seeing them make references to your mom's journey and whatnot, which they don't. Plus, each game takes place in a different region, so they'd also have to explain why the girl moved from her original, which could be a bit hassle.
Old May 29th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Aside from appearances being different, I don't see why they wouldn't make references to the mom being a former Champion already (since the storylines basically end when you become the Champion of the game).
Old May 29th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Pepperton
scrappy

Send a message via Skype™ to Pepperton
Kudos, that's something I've never heard of or thought about before, haha. I don't think it's plausible, though. None of the mothers in the games give any reason for us to believe they've been on their own journeys. I mean, if I had been a Pokemon trainer in the past and my son was about to set out on his own journey, I'd give him some tips, at least! Most of the moms just wish the player good luck.

familytumblrdeviantartmodcredit
Old May 29th, 2014, 08:00 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Nature: Timid
In all my years on this forum, and modding this one specifically, seeing plenty of the same topics crop up (I'm looking at you "there should be a game with all regions"!), I can honestly say I have never heard this theory. Sure, it probably breaks a million timeline plotlines...but kudos to you for having an original theory.

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Old May 29th, 2014, 08:12 PM
tinybird

That's a fun idea, it's a shame that there's a bit too much evidence contradicting that it. It would be pretty funny to see references like that in the game as a kind of easter egg for people who have played the previous generations though.
Old May 29th, 2014, 11:25 PM
Antmagic1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak View Post
In all my years on this forum, and modding this one specifically, seeing plenty of the same topics crop up (I'm looking at you "there should be a game with all regions"!), I can honestly say I have never heard this theory. Sure, it probably breaks a million timeline plotlines...but kudos to you for having an original theory.
Thank you everybody who replied! I never expected a Super Moderator/Moderator to reply to my post, that is really cool, thank you! also thank you for the kudos' guys, lol! This theory was made off the top of my head while playing Pokemon X, I just assumed somebody already thought of it, but I was just feeling like I should post it.
Old May 29th, 2014, 11:36 PM
Bruce Banner
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Banner
Yeah, credit for thinking outside the box man!
It's a good theory, but I can't see this happening. Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 are set two years apart from Pokemon Black and White. It would be impossible in that time frame for the female protagonist to get married and have a 10ish year old kid in that time period.
Old May 30th, 2014, 03:32 AM
Marisa
ghost lead
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Marisa
I've literally never seen anything like this. I like the thought put into this topic :)

Anyway, to answer your question, I don't really think this idea would work, seeing as there would be a lack of time to grow old and have a kid who's 10+ years old. It's physically impossible to me, unless the games are set in alternate timeframes, but I'm no Doctor. But, the idea of 2 rivals getting married a few years after the end of the game sounds really good to me, just something I don't expect to see unfortunately.
pairs
family
credit
theme
Old June 4th, 2014, 03:12 AM
morrison

Nature: Quiet
hahaha, actually i play me leaf green

as the run of my sapphire guys runs mom. so the idea exists

Pokemon Hardmode Sapphire Comic
starts as b/w but turns colourful a couple of pages later
Quick Reply