The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.


Advertise here

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #251    
Old August 17th, 2010, 11:40 AM
chickenofunity's Avatar
chickenofunity
Confused Chicken
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brizzzle.
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Nature: Bashful

Advertise here
Some of the older sprites have really good lineart, just horrific colouring in. It always made me smile to see a new sprite that is basically a recoloured old one, with a few tiny tweaks.
__________________

Please click my hatchlings and eggs!
http://dragcave.net/user/littleangelamy22

Spoiler:

Will be starting soon:

Avvie credit to Noka!! ♥
Reply With Quote
  #252    
Old August 20th, 2010, 06:25 PM
dragon0fangz
account moved to 649
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Slightly above that x button on your browser.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
ooh, my turn!
im gonna do ledian!
Spoiler:
Gold
bleah, its... awkward. like the head got turned forward.

Silver
Cool pose, but its discolored.

Crystal
Uhh... Its nice, but the second frame is awful. small eyes, large lower half of face, etc. Also one foot bigger than other.

Ruby/Sapphire
I like this one, but i dont see why legs need to be held back.

Emerald
Same as R/S, but i like the animation. simple, not vibrating or shrinking like other emerald animations.

Diamond/Pearl
I like the animation in this one, this is probably the best.

Heartgold/Soulsilver
Huh. This one's is different than the rest. Ledian's standing. Also, he/she's making a cool-ish warrior pose that doesnt work on a pokemon like Ledian.

Best one is D/P/Pt
__________________
moved to 649, see you there!
Reply With Quote
  #253    
Old August 29th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Everlark's Avatar
Everlark
[ w h i t e ]
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: sydian's brain
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Ledian is so cute. :) <3 I agree that DPPt had the best sprite for it. HGSS is way different, but it's not that bad.
__________________

yesterdaytodayFOREVER

paired with blaque
Reply With Quote
  #254    
Old August 29th, 2010, 12:18 PM
560cool.'s Avatar
560cool.
Probably back.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eastern Europe
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
AH, I so miss this place...
Ledian... I find him cute in his HGSS pose the most. Dunno. The Crystal one is actually worse than his Emerald animation, which quite surprises me.
__________________
Well, okay. I'm here just to chat with people. Don't really care about signatures and stuff.



Reply With Quote
  #255    
Old September 6th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Ayselipera
Guest
 
Awhh it looks like Ledian has always been adorable. I think Gold's sprite is possibly the best for it. It may be a little awkward, but the awkwardness actually makes it a little more unique then the rest.
Reply With Quote
  #256    
Old September 6th, 2010, 08:21 PM
redsaber5859
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ever Grande City, Hoenn
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
DRUMROLL PLEASE
Karp
Spoiler:
Lemme take a screenshot of this (makes it easier)

Now THATS a Pokemon to critique
Reply With Quote
  #257    
Old September 8th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Sage Harpuia's Avatar
Sage Harpuia
Hey, listen
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: On a chair, right now ;)
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsaber5859 View Post
DRUMROLL PLEASE
Karp
Spoiler:
Lemme take a screenshot of this (makes it easier)

Now THATS a Pokemon to critique
I LOVE impossibles missions:
Spoiler:

R/G (J):Wow, for a R/G sprite is well done and have cool pose 8/10
R/B: even this is quite good...maybe it's because magikarp sucks also in complexity? Anyway its tail is tooo long 7/10

Y: WTF? 4/10

G: Seems it's jumping out of water in a kamikaze effort... 8/10
S: base pose. Wow. 6/10
C: HELP! SOMEONE IZ CHOKING IT BECAUSE ITZ TEH 94557759875 MAGIKARP ENCOUNTER!!!111!!!ONEZ! 8/10
R/S: it was abandoned...poor one(the face it's perfect) 9/10
E: Odd, a emerald animation that perfectly match the situation...9/10
FR/LG: I'm starting to run out of original comment...(he is flying!!) 5/10
D/P: Oh no...another unoriginally pose appear...6/10
Pt: it is looking...at..my soul...and it's NOT pleased 8/10
HG/SS: the 'oh god, I'm useless' expression is perfect 10/10
__________________

Most annoying
signature ever done!

HEY, LISTEN

I'm an incompetent programmer in training
Just call me Sage






Reply With Quote
  #258    
Old September 8th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Jak's Avatar
Jak
i'll let you have it
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
That's one of those rare cases where the Green sprite is actually better than the RBY one...haha. And the Yellow sprite is the worst. It's like "duuuurrrr."

And because I haven't posted one in a while:

RS/FRLG:


The silhouette used to scare me when I saw it popping up in battle. But this is a good pose for it being the first time we see this Pokemon.

Emerald:

Not the best Emerald animation, but not a horrible one either. It's decent.

Adv gen:

Cute and ready to kick ass.

DP:

It's paw looks a little awkward. :c But it's okay.

Platinum/HGSS:

It's legs look...so...awkward...no, no, no.

Gen IV:

Beautiful pose.

Overall, Absol hasn't been done much justice with its sprites. They can do better.
__________________
Bang bang!

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there

Last edited by Jak; September 8th, 2010 at 07:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #259    
Old September 9th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Sage Harpuia's Avatar
Sage Harpuia
Hey, listen
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: On a chair, right now ;)
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post

RS/FRLG:


The silhouette used to scare me when I saw it popping up in battle. But this is a good pose for it being the first time we see this Pokemon.
This reminded me a fun fact: now absol is one of my favourites but, in R/S times I miserunderstood its sprite: I tought his face was the white "Yang" cape on his head...when I saw its art I felt sooooo idiot...
__________________

Most annoying
signature ever done!

HEY, LISTEN

I'm an incompetent programmer in training
Just call me Sage






Reply With Quote
  #260    
Old September 9th, 2010, 02:08 PM
UmbreonUniverse's Avatar
UmbreonUniverse
ブラッキー
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United States Of America
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to UmbreonUniverse Send a message via Yahoo to UmbreonUniverse Send a message via Skype™ to UmbreonUniverse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
This might be the cutest thing ever (nido female).

This is the opposite.

Green sprites ftw~
Wow the second one looks like it is retarded xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisuki View Post
Omg. It's chewing its fur. RABIES RABIES RABIES!
It's missing the DJ table.
to It's lost some weight!

Wheres its face?

Red/Blue Exxegcute's got too many Eggs...


Slowbro doesnt have the Shell on his Back. FAILURE
Fun Fact: Being fat/chubby is sexy in japan!
__________________


Last edited by UmbreonUniverse; September 9th, 2010 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Reply With Quote
  #261    
Old September 9th, 2010, 05:52 PM
redsaber5859
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ever Grande City, Hoenn
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by UmbreonUniverse View Post
Wow the second one looks like it is retarded xD



Fun Fact: Being fat/chubby is sexy in japan!
LOL-no, they were probably just starting and FAILED at sprites :D
Reply With Quote
  #262    
Old September 9th, 2010, 07:02 PM
PsychoJigglypuff's Avatar
PsychoJigglypuff
Crazy and Loving It!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The biggest city in the middle of nowhere!
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to PsychoJigglypuff
Ooh, this seems fun! I'll do Jigglypuff. =w=

It looks like a creeper...
HERP DERP
Cute and creepy at the same time. c:
Frowny face. :c
...I like your sad face better. You're staring into my soul. >n<
Easily my favorite. Tsun tsun~
Seems rather plain to me. :/
Better, but not nearly as good as Crystal.
Also rather plain. Too similar to R/S
I see you've gained some weight.
Cute. But not as cute as this...

Pokemon Pinball sprite. So cuuuute~
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #263    
Old September 9th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Jak's Avatar
Jak
i'll let you have it
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
RBG Jigglypuff look like murderers. I agree, Crystal is the best. HGSS and DPPT look awkward though...especially DPPT. "HAI GUYZ IMUNNA COM PLAY WIT U LOL"
__________________
Bang bang!

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Reply With Quote
  #264    
Old September 11th, 2010, 07:31 PM
dragon0fangz
account moved to 649
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Slightly above that x button on your browser.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
ahh back to this site.
can we add a list of sprite critiques to the OP, so we can see which ones have been done.

Oh yes, and im weird, because i LOVE HGSS Jolteon. Jolteon didnt really stand out before
(VERY generic eeveelution), but HGSS just looks cool, evil, menacing, threatening. and the animation is cool.
__________________
moved to 649, see you there!
Reply With Quote
  #265    
Old September 11th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Jak's Avatar
Jak
i'll let you have it
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Quote:
can we add a list of sprite critiques to the OP, so we can see which ones have been done.
No? That'd be...pointless and annoying to keep up with, considering I'm the only one who can do it.

Quote:
Oh yes, and im weird, because i LOVE HGSS Jolteon. Jolteon didnt really stand out before
(VERY generic eeveelution), but HGSS just looks cool, evil, menacing, threatening. and the animation is cool.
I like the 2nd frame, but eh. And it's okay to be weird. I love Green sprites because they're ~gorgeous~
__________________
Bang bang!

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Reply With Quote
  #266    
Old September 13th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Resultz's Avatar
Resultz
All- round Poke-Whizz
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Yorkshire, England
Gender: Male
For Me Jolteon does look very weird... in HGSS, the one where its kinda running is my favourite.
I'd be interested to see a Clefable comparison, but idk where to get sprites from :3
__________________
MY HACK:
LOOKING FOR HELP MAKING POKEMON HYACINTH:
APPLY IN THE THREAD!;
MANY POSITIONS AVAILABLE!

Reply With Quote
  #267    
Old September 17th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Hiyappu_Storm's Avatar
Hiyappu_Storm
Aqua Monkey Storm!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Gold Coast
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon0fangz View Post
Oh yes, and im weird, because i LOVE HGSS Jolteon. Jolteon didnt really stand out before
(VERY generic eeveelution), but HGSS just looks cool, evil, menacing, threatening. and the animation is cool.
I love the HGSS sprite of Jolteon as well and the animation of it is awesome. Also when you say it's a very generic eeveelution, so is Flareon. Flareon is just a raged Eevee with longer fur.
__________________
_____May Johto Rejoice!


Ultimate Solo Challenge

Rage / Venusaur

FireRed/Silver/Emerald/Diamond
Reply With Quote
  #268    
Old September 17th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Jak's Avatar
Jak
i'll let you have it
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Just posting to say the BW sprite discussion can now carry on in here, since BW has been released in Japan...and I assume sprites were leaked.
__________________
Bang bang!

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Reply With Quote
  #269    
Old September 18th, 2010, 08:52 PM
I Tried Voodoo Once's Avatar
I Tried Voodoo Once
.
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Damnnnnnnnnnn!!!!
My two favorite pokemon Sceptile and Feraligatr look AMAZING!

Imdissapointed with B&W cause the pokemon look terrible butthe previous gens looks Amazing
__________________
Ruby & Fire Red are classic
Fire red shinies-Blastoise,bellosom,zubat,kadabra
Ruby Shinies-treeck<3, gravler, tentecool
all caught by me ^-^
and i have a shiny growlithe in my HG :D
Reply With Quote
  #270    
Old September 18th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Jak's Avatar
Jak
i'll let you have it
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Yeah, I looked at the sprites of the old Pokemon (still avoiding most of the new ones) and Umbreon looks the same as it did in HGSS. :/ Vaporeon looks a lot cuter, though. I'd post but ehh...
__________________
Bang bang!

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Reply With Quote
  #271    
Old September 18th, 2010, 11:14 PM
PlatinumDude's Avatar
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I looked at the B/W sprites and noticed that some of the Generation I-IV Pokemon's sprites were re-used (like Monferno's D/P sprite, Kirlia's R/S/E sprite, Magmar''s D/P sprite, Skarmory's HG/SS sprite and Scizor's Platinum sprite), with slight modifications. As for the Gen I-IV Pokemon sprites that were completely changed these are my favorites:
-Blaziken
-Sceptile
-Lucario
-Gallade
-Milotic
-Flygon
-Absol
-Salamence
-Weavile

As for the new Gen V Pokemon sprites I like:
-Doryuuzu
-Emboar
-Jaroda
-Daikenki
-Wargle
-Ononokusu
-Kirikizan
-Zoroark
-Reshiram
-Zekrom
__________________


Last edited by PlatinumDude; September 19th, 2010 at 12:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #272    
Old September 19th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Sage Harpuia's Avatar
Sage Harpuia
Hey, listen
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: On a chair, right now ;)
Gender: Male
B/W starter sprites showdown:
I gen: (disclamer! they can actually be similiar to D/P/Pt/HG/SS ones)
Spoiler:

awww...Isn't the cutest thing ever? look at his backsprite...
"I'm gonna get you. Now" I always thinked that ivysaur was badass...
I don't like very much venosaur, but I must admit that this sprite makes it cool...
not bad, but not special.
more badass sprite approching...the pose is just perfect...
is old sprite but I want to see the animation! (backsprite is also pure win)
turtle hug...:D
Wartortle is pure win...I adore this.

I never evolve my wartortle because I don't like cannons...but this pose is good, IMO.

II gen:
Spoiler:

grass starters are always cute.
I just noticed that this line is recycled...
...but from a perfect sprite (with animations now)


lovely
this sprite is new! And the back is good!
Typhlosion=win.
I can't remember if this is the same of HG/SS
I love it!
RECYCLE.

Err I will continue tomorrow, because dinner is ready:D
__________________

Most annoying
signature ever done!

HEY, LISTEN

I'm an incompetent programmer in training
Just call me Sage







Last edited by Sage Harpuia; September 21st, 2010 at 08:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #273    
Old September 20th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Jak's Avatar
Jak
i'll let you have it
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Quilava is so adorable!!! :DDD I am so happy<3 That's probably my favorite Quilava sprite ever now. :) I cannot wait to see the animation. And Charizard's back sprite sure is amazing.

Also, Sage Harpuia, anything that gets *'d out is considered censor bypass. Please edit your post. Next time this happens, I'll have to infract you. Just because it's in a spoiler tag, it doesn't mean that it doesn't count.
__________________
Bang bang!

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Reply With Quote
  #274    
Old September 21st, 2010, 09:25 AM
Sage Harpuia's Avatar
Sage Harpuia
Hey, listen
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: On a chair, right now ;)
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Quilava is so adorable!!! :DDD I am so happy<3 That's probably my favorite Quilava sprite ever now. I cannot wait to see the animation. And Charizard's back sprite sure is amazing.

Also, Sage Harpuia, anything that gets *'d out is considered censor bypass. Please edit your post. Next time this happens, I'll have to infract you. Just because it's in a spoiler tag, it doesn't mean that it doesn't count.
I edited it, I put it without thinking (I should read my post befor submit them...)...Anyway I just noticed that genI-II-IV have the old sprite, but some of them are edited a bit, like quilava or jolteon.

Gen III starters: (I noticed that the sprite of this gen are all new, and this pump up my hopes for a remake of R/S/E)
Spoiler:


It's like is looking somewhere far away, and it's not focused
Another pokemon better than it's evo. I like this sprite even if it has lost his dinamism of R/S/E (for obvius reason)
WAITWHAT?! Sceptile is that badass? In others games it looked too heavy now resemble more grovile. Perfect.
very basic, but it's torchick, not much poses to chose from...
it looks a lot angry! very good.
This is AWESOME. (and I never noticed the spikes behind its feet...)
I like it (resisting to obvious meme is hard)
it seems a lot happy.

Finally a swampert that look chubby and stands on four legs. I love it.


IV gen:
Spoiler:

they are the same of D/P/Pt.


V gen:
Spoiler:
SMUGLEAF. Eyes perfection.
Reminds me of charmender line in the developement.
Now you now why they call it smuglord?
Piggy
why all fire starter must be also fighting? But I like its expression...
reminds me of ryperior...

sad otter...
this is awesome and should be fighting type.
I like its fiery expression a lot.
__________________

Most annoying
signature ever done!

HEY, LISTEN

I'm an incompetent programmer in training
Just call me Sage






Reply With Quote
  #275    
Old September 21st, 2010, 09:35 AM
Jak's Avatar
Jak
i'll let you have it
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Gen III starters are my favorites and they all look amazing. :) I'm loving the whole Torchic line (I loved them already, haha). And Gen IV starters are my least faves. :( I don't even feel like looking their sprites up cause they're ugly. And I don't know the gen V starter evos yet, so I don't wanna spoil it. But! I thought I wouldn't like the new battle screens, but I'm really liking them. I love the sprite animations, back and front. For instance, the Sexy Cat (that's its name, don't deny it) will lift up its paw sometimes and Middle Evo Puppy will do...doggy things, like sticking his rump in the air playfully. I dig it. :)
__________________
Bang bang!

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 05:55 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.