The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Hack of the Month
Pokémon Iris 31 16.76%
Pokémon Azure Horizons 39 21.08%
Pokémon Legend of Fenju 115 62.16%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 10th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Christos
Project Shinx

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to Christos

Introduction

You have until the first of August to vote for your Hack of the Month. The winner hack's thread will be stickied for a month, until the next month's winner is announced. The winner hack will also be added to PokéCommunity's official ROM Hacking Hall of Fame. Only hacks in either the Progressing Hacks forum or the Hacks Showcase forum are eligible for nomination.

Eligible Hacks

Rules

• You may vote once per month, per hack.
  • Asking or bribing others to vote for your hack is not allowed.
  • Creating new accounts to vote multiple times is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly.
  • Voting is done via the poll not by posting in this thread, votes in the form of posts will not be counted.
  • Don't complain that your hack was not chosen this month.
Old July 10th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I vote for Legend of Fenju.
It's kinda old hack that and it's finally released that's why it deserves to be HOTM
In my opinion it has best tileset and storyline is also awesome.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 10th, 2009, 11:38 AM
BlitŻ
guahh my dog is so cute

Nature: Jolly
I also vote for legend of fenju, as the pokemon iris is in another language so I can't base anything on it, and lof looks like a lot of effort and uniqueness has been put in it
Old July 10th, 2009, 12:41 PM
insectduel
Pokémon Brown Manga Maker

Nature: Rash
My vote is now pending to decide for this month. These three sounds good. I have to watch their gameplay.
Old July 10th, 2009, 12:47 PM
sasquatchd00d
welcoming a clean head.

Nature: Relaxed
I voted for Azure Horizons. Sure, Legend of Fenju is good, but it lacks one really important thing in a hack: Professionalism. Azure Horizons looks like it could be developed by Gamefreak and Nintendo.
Old July 10th, 2009, 12:55 PM
ShinyLucario99
I em persun mekking pohsts :D

Nature: Modest
I vote Legend of Fenju. It's addcting for some reason. I guess that's what happens when someone makes a great game for example Shiny gold x
Old July 10th, 2009, 01:20 PM
MASTEROFPUPPETS93
Liebe Ist Für Alle Da

Send a message via ICQ to MASTEROFPUPPETS93 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MASTEROFPUPPETS93
I vote for LoF, too! This time it's the month for Neti How many times was he nominated for it? xD
However it's one of the greatest hacks i've ever seen! With those great maps of Neti and so on...

~MOP
Old July 10th, 2009, 04:50 PM
blueblue
Beginning Trainer

LoF gmv :D great hack overall
Old July 10th, 2009, 04:55 PM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter Tier 1

Why does everyone vote for a hack with edited tiles and a beta release? I prefer hacks with Fire Red/Emerald/Platinum tiles that hasn't had a beta release. I also like rom hacks with the original story like having a rival, evil team, 8 gyms, elite four story.

I vote for Azure Horizons it is underrated.
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old July 10th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Thrace
@tion

As much as I love Azure Horizons (I'd be more inclined to play its beta than Iris') I have to go with Iris. Azure Horizons is still too early in its development for me to vote for it. So much in Iris has been changed, it deserves to win this week imo.

...and I end up accidentally voting for Azure Horizons instead *headdesk*
Old July 10th, 2009, 10:25 PM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

I vote for LoF as well since it looks great and is the only one of these hacks which will be done sometime for sure.

Also:
What do you mean legend of fenju is released ?
I can't find downloadlink in the thread.

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old July 11th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
As much as I don't want to follow the crowd, I voted for Legend of Fenju, as I did the last time it was up here (when was that? March, maybe?). It's been in progress for the longest time (at least, I think so, but prove me wrong), and I think that it deserves to win something, if only for the dedication.

Nice one, Malin. ;)
Old July 11th, 2009, 05:03 AM
sab
Now too much of a life.

Nature: Timid
I vote lof! It's my favorite hack! I think that the storyline, the scripts, the mapping, the everything is hotm deserving if not hoty.
Old July 11th, 2009, 05:19 AM
lucariofan
Beginning Trainer

I've voted for Pokémon Iris: It's got very good tiles and, Koder has done very good events. I remember that, when this hack was posted, without Koder (the creator was called "Lucky"), this hack weren't anything about what it's today.

But, Koder should have made this hack in English, or at least a translation. I can speak Spanish, but I don't like hacks in spanish. But anyway, it seems very good.

-----

Azure Horizons: It wasn't as good as Pokémon Iris - It's got Firered and Emerald tiles, and there is only new events/maps. It should be more "customized".

Pokémon Legend of Fenju: If it's base were Emerald/Ruby, I'd have voted for it. But, anyway, it seems very good. But, Pokémon Iris was better.
Old July 12th, 2009, 05:27 AM
*WishMaker*
- the guy over the wall

I vote for LoF
Its kinda addicting
Old July 13th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Ephraim
I am no servant.

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Yahoo to Ephraim
Azure Horizons. I know I won't regret voting for it. I just know it.
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre
Old July 13th, 2009, 07:38 AM
aamlguy
I am ash

Send a message via AIM to aamlguy
Legend of Fenju
It's the one I've heard of before this, and I like it's gameplay

Hacks and Games I support
Spoiler:

Old July 13th, 2009, 11:34 AM
insectduel
Pokémon Brown Manga Maker

Nature: Rash
Legend of Fenju is pretty much interesting scripts and stuff. It's a good one. I'm not pretty interested in Pokémon Azure Horizons so it's out. And I never saw Pokémon Iris yet. Until I decide which one deserves for this month. I'm still undecided.
Old July 14th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Fleur
~LaFleur

I vote to Iris this hack is great
~LaFleur

Old July 14th, 2009, 01:38 PM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
I love how Iris is presented but sadly, I hadn't heard of it before reading this post and I don't think it would be fair to vote on a whim.
With Iris gone, that leaves two hacks which both deserve to win this. It was difficult to decide which one to vote for. Unfortunately, Legend of Fenju has taken a huge, quite possibly inexorable lead over the competition, which is most likely due to 1) impressive graphics and 2) the fact that it has been around long enough to generate a large fanbase. Azure Horizons is just as beautiful in my opinion, without having all those spiffy ice tiles (however enticing they may or may not be) but it just isn't as well known as Legend of Fenju. I ended up voting for Azure Horizons because it has always been a policy of mine to vote for the underdog. Sadly, it will probably be in vain but regardless, I believe Azure Horizons is just as good, if not better, than Legend of Fenju.

Brother of Vrai

Last edited by colcolstyles; July 15th, 2009 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old July 14th, 2009, 02:10 PM
pmaster519
GBA on G1 Player

I think "Pokémon Azure Horizons" looks like it's going to be the best. I liked the way "Pokémon Iris" but it's on a different language lamo.

I can do beta testing if needed you can PM me
I also might be able to make new pokemon pictures (I think you call them sprites)
Old July 15th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Chary
Yeah-Hah!

Lof seems to me to have a great tileset and the maps are really good too
Iris- eh... this is the first time I have seen it soooo... no
Azure Horizons- ... It needs more improvement as of yet,So LOF is the best in my view
Old July 15th, 2009, 08:22 PM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chary View Post
Azure Horizons- ... It needs more improvement as of yet
Could you please elaborate on what you think needs to be improved?

Brother of Vrai
Old July 15th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Ninja Caterpie
Sitting by the back window

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrace View Post
...and I end up accidentally voting for Azure Horizons instead *headdesk*
I lol'd.

Yeah, I'll vote for Azure because, well, it looks a lot more professional than the others. =P
Old July 15th, 2009, 11:35 PM
cloud8151
Pokemon Master

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cloud8151
i have to agree with sasquatchd00d vote for Azure Horizons (why couldn't life of gaurdians be on the list )

If u want me to make you a banner just ask plz
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links