The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Old January 2nd, 2010, 07:59 AM
letsbefriends
You Can Call Me Jun

Nature: Bashful
I Like This I cant wait...i wish i knew how to do this
Old January 2nd, 2010, 12:39 PM
Ray Maverick
The Crimson Dawn is upon us
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Ray Maverick
No offence, I don't really see anything on the screenshots that inspires me to play this hack. Maybe try something more original, more areas?

Old January 2nd, 2010, 02:07 PM
Pandemonioum
Trainer

Nature: Brave
Alright, I have been watching the forums for years and finally decide to make an account because this project looks just too damn cool to be true, it seems someone other has similar ideas to mine to make a pokemon game extremely fresh again. The game looks nice according to screen shots, but now I will download the beta and I will inform you if I will find any bugs. I will try to inspire you with some of my ideas ( there is probability that you have already thought of most of them though). But that can wait untill I have cheked the beta.

I have only one question, where does the beta end?
Old January 2nd, 2010, 02:15 PM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonioum View Post
Alright, I have been watching the forums for years and finally decide to make an account because this project looks just too damn cool to be true, it seems someone other has similar ideas to mine to make a pokemon game extremely fresh again. The game looks nice according to screen shots, but now I will download the beta and I will inform you if I will find any bugs. I will try to inspire you with some of my ideas ( there is probability that you have already thought of most of them though). But that can wait untill I have cheked the beta.

I have only one question, where does the beta end?
After you beat Beeches son at cayon city.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 04:24 PM
Pandemonioum
Trainer

Okay so few mistakes what I have found are:

1: When speaking with your father he says altough at somepoint in the confersation maybe you wanna change it to although.
2: When you set on your journey he gives you PokéballS, maybe you should change it to Pokéball's and maybe even mention the ammount of Pokéball's obtained, also when he give me a potion I accually got 5, maybe you wanna change that.
3: In your room, there is a PC, however it seems that it won't work. Maybe you don't wanna give user access to it you could at least mention, broken or in system is in maintenance. Maybe you should do a miniquest to obtain access to PC.
4: When having a first trainer battle the one who explains is professor Oak. You may wanna fix this.
5: When asking about alternate colours Beech tells about Yellow Lickitung and green muk, Muk should be spelled with a big M.
6: The boy just outside of Kyanite's Pokémon gym tells us about 2 Pidgeys and how they are different, how ever the word does not show completely, we can read only differ.
7: Close the house that rejuvinates your Pokémon there is a few bushes that you can't enter.

That's about all I could find, this is nice start and I hope to see more one of the best hack ideas I have seen.

Question 1: When did you think that first gym challenger would show up? After you beat your rival and go back to home to inform Kyanite's father would be good time to have a first challenger, and I hope there are lots of challengers.

Question 2: Pokémon League is mystery for me, can even gymleaders enter, and will you have all your challengers there and have a tournament like matchup they have in anime, and winner can challenge the Elite Four and finally the Champion. Or are you planning something else? Well gym battles of course, because main character will be challenged a lot I think

Suggestion 1: Maybe beetween those citys there could be a few trainers.

Suggestion 2: Make Rival's Pokemon lot's of stronger, lvl 10 - 15 would be good, lvl 5 was a sweep with my level 12 Cyndaquil.

//Thankz, chrunch btw//

Last edited by Pandemonioum; January 2nd, 2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 06:36 PM
Pika_Pika_Chu
Beginning Trainer

Location: Brazil. yeah actually I'm LIVING here. I'm american >.<
Nature: Naughty
It seems to be very fun. Here is a request for you.

Can I make a fanbar of this Game?
Would you like one?

If yes, I will make it!

~ Pika
Old January 7th, 2010, 12:33 AM
iTeruri
iAm

Nature: Relaxed
Thanks for your comments guys, I appriciate it.

Pandemonium:
I'll fix those. Thanks.

Question 1: Right after you return to Debu Town and become the gym leader. Your first challenger won't be that challenging.
Question 2: Well, I'm not sure about the league myself. I'll think of something.
Suggestion 1: Well, that's the problem. Story wise your rival is the first trainer you fight against. I could make it so the trainers appear after the battle. I guess I'll do that.
Suggestion 2: I thought of doing that, but it's kinda a tradition that your rival's pokémon is level 5 in the first battle.

Update:
Flash... some caves need it to navigate in a normal way. But the attack is useless. Very annoying, isn't it? Well, in Kyanite you don't need flash anymore...

Yes, parts of Mt. Helius (not all) will be pich black. But their are light here and there, but the old generator that is used to power them is no longer working. Maybe a strong electic attack can get it back to working?

The old generator in the first section of Mt. Helius. As you can see this part is light, so fixing this generator would make the lights work in a different section or floor of Mt. Helius.

A strong electic attack... What about Thunder?

Thunder does work, my Pikachu uses thunder and the generator is back to working, just are the lights, but in what section? That remains a question.

In the example I used Thunder, but it's not the only attack that you could use: any damaging electic attack (like Spark or ThunderPunch) will work. Attacks like Charge and ThunderWave won't.
Old January 7th, 2010, 02:30 PM
iTeruri
iAm

Update
This is one of those updates that doesn't look that special at first sight, but there may be more to it than meets the eye... (you win a free coockie if you get the reference!)

One of Professor Birch Aides who gives you a Light Ball? What is so special about that?
Maybe you could use the Light Ball for something different than giving it to your Pikachu? Maybe it has something to do with Pikachu's Signature move Volt Tackle without breeding? Maybe very likely... but I'm telling too much :x
Old January 7th, 2010, 04:03 PM
DuoRyan
Hack'in as usual, it seem.

Nature: Calm
Cool idea finally a hack of being a GYM LEADER.
Old January 8th, 2010, 02:14 PM
iTeruri
iAm

Update
First of all I would like to thank my good friend Quil for inserting... I helped him, just a little bit. xD

Yay! The shiku worldmap, based on the real Shikoku region in Japan. I made the worldmap quite some time ago. But yeah, now it's finally in-game. Yet again; thanks quil for inserting it.

Last edited by iTeruri; April 21st, 2010 at 06:27 AM.
Old January 8th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTeruri View Post
Well, it's a pretty awesome Worldmap.
Even words can't describe the awesomeness it has!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTeruri View Post

Yay! Finally! I HATE Flash. I hate it alot. Thanks for doing this
script! That will finally get rid of the useless move.
Old January 10th, 2010, 07:57 AM
iTeruri
iAm

Update:

A picture is worth a thousand words, and I don't know a thousand words, so I'll keep it short. XD A move tutor that can teach your pokémon some moves. What pokémon can learn what attacks isn't so hard to figure out.
Old January 11th, 2010, 09:16 AM
iTeruri
iAm

Update:
One of the important features in Kyanite is Stargaze hotel. You can relax there, but more importantly: you can relax there with your Pokémon.
In the old version you would see your pokémon walking around. But that's not what we want! We want to have our pokémon following us! That's now possible!
Because this is version 1 of the system, there are a few bugs, but what new system is bug free anyway? Because it relies on a key check while you are walking, the system won't determine what direction the pokémon should move in if you aren't holding any buttons.
Also, there is no collision ditection for the pokémon character, so yes, it can walk trough walls while you can't (blame it on the cheat devices!)
I'll fix those issues.

Watch the vid
Old January 11th, 2010, 10:55 AM
TB Pro
Old-timer

Sweet, the only problem I see with it is the OW just jumping(but that's an OW issue, not a script issue). It looks great man, GL.
Old January 11th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Matteron (96)
Difference is everything...

i figured out how you did it, it's not that hard, but still nice job
Current Team:

In Terms of Hacking...
Favorite ROM
Skills
Working On
In Terms of Game Dev...
Working On
News
I'm currently up for hire, for almost anything in ROM hacking, so just send me a PM.
Old January 15th, 2010, 09:17 AM
iTeruri
iAm

Update:

It's not much, but it's something... :3

Err, what's this? A trainer? Grass? A weird pattern in the grass? You'll have to find out yourself!

Rates? Comments? Thoughts? Ideas?
Old January 15th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Regi trainer
Beginning Trainer

awesome game i really love that hero overworld
Old January 15th, 2010, 11:47 AM
xRaindrop
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Okay so few mistakes what I have found are:

1: When speaking with your father he says altough at somepoint in the confersation maybe you wanna change it to although.
2: When you set on your journey he gives you PokéballS, maybe you should change it to Pokéball's and maybe even mention the ammount of Pokéball's obtained, also when he give me a potion I accually got 5, maybe you wanna change that.
3: In your room, there is a PC, however it seems that it won't work. Maybe you don't wanna give user access to it you could at least mention, broken or in system is in maintenance. Maybe you should do a miniquest to obtain access to PC.
4: When having a first trainer battle the one who explains is professor Oak. You may wanna fix this.
5: When asking about alternate colours Beech tells about Yellow Lickitung and green muk, Muk should be spelled with a big M.
6: The boy just outside of Kyanite's Pokémon gym tells us about 2 Pidgeys and how they are different, how ever the word does not show completely, we can read only differ.
7: Close the house that rejuvinates your Pokémon there is a few bushes that you can't enter.

That's about all I could find, this is nice start and I hope to see more one of the best hack ideas I have seen.

Question 1: When did you think that first gym challenger would show up? After you beat your rival and go back to home to inform Kyanite's father would be good time to have a first challenger, and I hope there are lots of challengers.

Question 2: Pokémon League is mystery for me, can even gymleaders enter, and will you have all your challengers there and have a tournament like matchup they have in anime, and winner can challenge the Elite Four and finally the Champion. Or are you planning something else? Well gym battles of course, because main character will be challenged a lot I think

Suggestion 1: Maybe beetween those citys there could be a few trainers.

Suggestion 2: Make Rival's Pokemon lot's of stronger, lvl 10 - 15 would be good, lvl 5 was a sweep with my level 12 Cyndaquil.

//Thankz, chrunch btw//
Not trying to offend you or anything, but, you shouldn't teach people about the English language if you don't know it too well.

First:
Quote:
The grammar was correct in the first place.
PokéballS = MULTIPLE Pokéballs. Which is correct.

Pokéball'S = Is like saying "His items." replacing 'his' with 'Pokéball'S'
Example - John'S items. Mary'S items. Pokéball'S items. Which is incorrect.

Second:
Quote:
The word differ does exist.
Differ = Different.
Those apples differ from one another. = Those apples are different.

The rest seems fine as I cannot play this demo because I'm in a rush, but, When I come back, I will surely try this. Looks promising.

Note: No pun intended.

Also,
The image in the Pokemarket when you're taking to a professor about Birch ->
has an error. Instead of the word 'From', you wrote 'Form'. Just pointing it out :]

Last edited by xRaindrop; January 15th, 2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old January 20th, 2010, 05:17 AM
iTeruri
iAm

XRaindrop: No worries :') I will just change the capital S when you obtain an item in a normal s (no extra ') and I'll just keep differ. I know about 'form' instead of 'from'. I'll fix it.

Random update because I can

I'm really busy with school. So I have no time to do the real hacking, so I decided to do some mapping.

Random screens of a random map I made yesterday and today. It's neither a city nor a route.
Old January 20th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Jayster23
A Promise To Return

Looks great. Screenies are awesome and some of the scripting is really great.

Looking forward for more updates
Old January 21st, 2010, 06:10 AM
trebornosliw
Learning

Nature: Adamant
The more I see of this, the more amazing it looks. I'd kill to know how you scripted some of this... fantastic job!
Erm, is there some sort of test the character needs to take before becoming a gym leader? Leadership by succession seems rather haphazard.
Again, amazing hack.
Old January 21st, 2010, 11:37 AM
KaiVii
Mime Jr.

Nature: Quiet
Must download this game when I get my computer working!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196223

Old January 21st, 2010, 04:55 PM
trebornosliw
Learning

Finished the Beta...am now addicted to the special Beta test.
Feraligatr at level 62 and counting, Nidorino held in reserve at 44 for the time being...
Old January 21st, 2010, 05:09 PM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post
Finished the Beta...am now addicted to the special Beta test.
Feraligatr at level 62 and counting, Nidorino held in reserve at 44 for the time being...

level 62!?
That's....strong.......
Quilava, level 22 is my best...
Old January 21st, 2010, 06:27 PM
trebornosliw
Learning

My Feraligatr will eat your Quilava
He's already grown fat on thousands of Skitty, Cyndaquil, Dratini, and Chansey.
Oh, btw, how did you script that, iTeruri? It would get rather tedious inserting all those consecutive trainer parties, did you have some sort of script that automatically adds to the Pokemons' level over time?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links