• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokemon Crimson Skies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
Welcome to Pokemon Crimson Skies, the coolest pokemon game around! My game is being made in Rpg Maker XP, using Poccil's Essentials kit.

The legend of Darksselia is nothing but evil. The legend is that with Darkrai's and Cresselia's access to the dream world, they can both open up a portal that can take people in and out of the dream world. Team Crimson wants to use this portal to make their dreams a reality. Many untold things can happen if the portal opens, it can lead to chaos, or even the destruction of the universe. In order for this to work though, Team Crimson needs a Darkrai, a Cresselia, and all of the Elemental Plates. As of now, they only have a few plates. But later on, things can change. Later on in the game, you and a few accomplices set out to destroy Team Crimson.

Region Map:
Spoiler:

Screenies:
Spoiler:

Videos:
Spoiler:

Heres a Demo.
Version 0.3
CLICK
Goes up until the Second Gym. Lots of stuff in between too.

Please tell me any bugs, or anything you think that needs improvement.

I can use any help i can get as of right now, since I have no help at all.

Credits:
Poccil: Starter Kit
Kyledove: Tilesets
PMD: Pokemon Sprites
Wichu: Platinum Style Battle Sprites
Destined: HG/SS Message boxs.
NikNaks: Region Map Edits
And anyone else I might of forgotten.

Last edited:

jadored

Jay the Peanut Butter Queen.
Years
This looks so cool. I love your screenshots and, your story sounds pretty cool.
Hope you succeed!

Florio

Years
I saw your video. You're using my battle graphics.
*Reported*
Well, my friend gave me these sprites so I'm sorry I didn't know they were yours. I'll change them since I don't think they're all that great anyways. And I got the message box from Destined and its free of use as long as I give credit, which i did.

Florio

Years
The new demo is up with lots of bug fixes and a whole new badge to explore!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Well, my friend gave me these sprites so I'm sorry I didn't know they were yours. I'll change them since I don't think they're all that great anyways. And I got the message box from Destined and its free of use as long as I give credit, which i did.
I dont wanna be a Mean bean but your new graphics arent all that great. SL's graphics were great the new ones kinda......well you get what I'm saying.

Florio

Years
I dont wanna be a Mean bean but your new graphics arent all that great. SL's graphics were great the new ones kinda......well you get what I'm saying.
they're just temporary substitutes till I make or find ones I like better.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
The story sounds pretty cool, I think I'm going to download the Demo :)

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
Years
This game looks realy well. It's cool to see that the gen 4 style can be used to make very intresting maps. I can't try the demo (I'm away and the conection here is ....bad..), but I will. Great job so far.

Florio

Years
Just wondering, has anyone tried or finished the demo? What did ya think?

jadored

Jay the Peanut Butter Queen.
Years
Downloading it right now!

Edit

Kay, before I go to bed just thought I'd make a few comments/suggestions:

1. In the the first town, I kept losing my house, lol. I know there's only three but, usually there's little signs, mailboxes, etc. to help out. Also it took me a while to find the lab. i mean I saw it right away but assumed it was another house and didn't bother. Once again a little sign might help.

2. In-battle, I found the red boxes a distracting and a tad annoying. Also I found it hard to read the text because it is white on a white background. =/

But other than that looks good so far! (Just got my pokedex and heading out on route 2 =3)

Last edited:
Years
^ What he said.

Also, the D/P/Pt sprites look... pretty bad, if I'm honest. Unless you're going to scale the game up to DS size, I'd stick with the Emerald or FRLG graphics for as many as you can.

And where's my town map? I'm on Route 2 and still don't have one. What's going on?! :P

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Also you should start thinking about getting new Pokemon battle sprites. These are really badly pixelated.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 12, 2014
Sooo uhh um now i'm actually confused where is the latest version of the game and how many badges is obtainible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back