The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 13th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Shadow of Legends
Beginning Trainer

I'm making a pokemon hack. Any ideas? (names, fakemon, maps, etc.)

~Every legend has a shadow~
Old June 13th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow of Legends View Post
I'm making a pokemon hack. Any ideas? (names, fakemon, maps, etc.)
Shadow Legends...? :D
I'm joking, this is something you need to choose for yourself =)
It's your hack so you should use your own ideas

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 20th, 2011, 10:46 AM
ThaReaper01
I'm on my way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaReaper01 View Post
Are there any ROMs that have the Gen 4/5 gameplay design but has the R/B/Y/Fr/Lg storyline?
Quote:
I probably should have been a bit more clear. What I mean by "design" are things likes attacks being categorized as physical or special, instead of all one type being physical or all one type being special. Things like that. I'm not bothered about the graphics or anything like that.
One of these been released yet?
Old June 21st, 2011, 04:34 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Do you think it'd be a good idea to have a Screenshot Showcase similar to Game Develpoment's?
Old June 21st, 2011, 06:32 AM
hashtag
in a relationship with Christos

Nope. Christos and I thought about it ages ago but decided to put it in this thread's purposes as well. Besides, just read the first post:

Quote:
This thread can also be used as a screenshot showcase, for people who don't have a thread for their hacks.
Another point I'd like to make is why does this section need ANOTHER stickied thread? It already has an astronomical number of them.

Last edited by hashtag; June 21st, 2011 at 06:42 AM.
Old June 21st, 2011, 12:51 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
One of these been released yet?
No. A hack like that (with one of the GBA games) would require extensively messing with the game's core programming (especially since you'd have to go over literally every move and give it another variable that determines whether it's physical or special) and then you'd have to modify whatever reads the physical-special thing to go over and look for that new variable rather than going off of type. Either that, or you'd have to re-plot one of the DS games, lol.

I'm pretty solid on this but someone can come by and correct me if I'm wrong. :)
Old June 21st, 2011, 01:15 PM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
I'm sure there was a physical/special split for GBA games in the Research and Development threads. Search there, but it does have... Issues.

Just thought I'd throw this in here. People know of my latest sort of conquest, so... I just need some opinions on this idea of a titlescreen.

With some of the stars being like Ruby's animated titlescreen, in that they go upwards.

Also, just wondering, which ROM do people prefer when it comes to inserting titlescreens and why?

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old June 21st, 2011, 02:56 PM
hashtag
in a relationship with Christos

FireRed. I know most of the offsets off by heart and can do a good one in like less than five minutes.
Old June 25th, 2011, 01:54 PM
LightningStrike
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningStrike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manipulation View Post
FireRed. I know most of the offsets off by heart and can do a good one in like less than five minutes.
That's impressive. I suck at titlescreening. All my attempts usually result in just screwing up the titlescreen, even if I try to do exactly what the instructions say.
Old July 4th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
In response to someone saying that RH has far too many stickied threads, perhaps once these threads are saturated, the Simple Questions and Script Help thread could be merged and make the "ROM Hacking Help Thread" or something? Also, isn't "An Introduction to the ROM Hacking Forum" and "About the ROM Hacking forum / Rules" essentially the same thing? If so, I don't see why they couldn't be merged, either.
Old July 4th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
In response to someone saying that RH has far too many stickied threads, perhaps once these threads are saturated, the Simple Questions and Script Help thread could be merged and make the "ROM Hacking Help Thread" or something? Also, isn't "An Introduction to the ROM Hacking Forum" and "About the ROM Hacking forum / Rules" essentially the same thing? If so, I don't see why they couldn't be merged, either.
I agree that there are too many stickies, but I wouldn't be too sure as to how to merge them.

In other words, if you know a lot about GBA and it's programming, you might find something useful. Google the term "AGB Programming Manual." I can't link to it, sadly.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old July 4th, 2011, 10:21 AM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
I'd rather not merge the Simple Questions and Script Help threads because they both get sufficient traffic for them to have separate threads. The closed stickies are another issue, though.

Brother of Vrai
Old July 4th, 2011, 02:20 PM
RHIOneAlbum

Nature: Serious
Send a message via AIM to RHIOneAlbum
There are not too many stickies. I find it fine, they are all conversations that deserve to be stickies, because if they weren't then they wouldn't fit at all.
Old July 5th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Anyways, back to discussing of ROM hacking (seeing as it's kinda getting off the topic xD). I've been thinking about maybe creating a Gold and Silver remakes as two seperate ROMs of the same, I know there's alot of them however I'm also thinking about the things that GameFreak didn't put into HeartGold and SoulSilver (eg. the movable furniture in your room in New Bark Town), prahaps finding out ways of trying to move the images that display on the textbox that displays the town name/landmark from Emerald to a FireRed ROM. But then again, I could just continue on with my Emerald ROM hack, yet I'm progressing with my custom tiles very slowly (and I wonder how much longer that will take? 2 or 3 years?). Well there's rush in doing it anyways, as the research with the GBA improves, so to does the NDS research improve. Once I'm done with my Emerald hack, then possibly I could end up creating a hack of HeartGold (as a sequel to my Emerald hack), then after that... maybe another HeartGold hack as being the same storyline as HeartGold/SoulSilver with alot more edits in it to bring in the features that were missing in HeartGold/SoulSilver that existed in Gold/Silver/Crystal.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old July 5th, 2011, 09:44 AM
RHIOneAlbum

I like the idea of a two pack, and NDS hacking has been under construction since 2008, who perfects it first out of giant PC, PHO, TPW, and those small communities like M3I and Skeetendo, I'll be waiting to see. But PC seems to be coming along pretty far!

I'll be glad to help and innovate the new generation, I believe that 2011 is the NDS 2003 of GBA hacking, and 2012 will be the 2005 of GBA hacking, this mean well have a Elitemap equivalent for DPPtHGSS. What do you think?
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Sawakita
Not Invented Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
I've been thinking about maybe creating a Gold and Silver remakes
No more GSC remakes, please. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHIOneAlbum View Post
I'll be glad to help and innovate the new generation, I believe that 2011 is the NDS 2003 of GBA hacking, and 2012 will be the 2005 of GBA hacking, this mean we'll have a Elitemap equivalent for DPPtHGSS. What do you think?
I doubt it will, considering how the whole community relies on the work of single persons, instead of contributing with some concrete work. And I'm not talking about "oh yeah, good project, keep it up, we all support you" or "hey, you should add this or that feature". I'm talking about real work either in programming or in researching and hacking (real meaning of this word) the NDS games' formats and structures.

| 1st Gen Hacking: Useful Links | A good example of REAL ROM Hacking |
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:13 AM
RHIOneAlbum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawakita View Post

No more GSC remakes, please. Thanks.

I doubt it will, considering how the whole community relies on the work of single persons, instead of contributing with some concrete work. And I'm not talking about "oh yeah, good project, keep it up, we all support you" or "hey, you should add this or that feature". I'm talking about real work either in programming or in researching and hacking (real meaning of this word) the NDS games' formats and structures.
Ive stated before that PC is full of rom Modders, but the real hackers like Team RHI, Manipulation, HackMew, Mewthree9000, Lu Ho, Miksy, etc. Try to get the Modders to advance slowly. When my RHITwo training thread is approved I'm going to try to teach hacking.
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
I like the idea of a two pack, and NDS hacking has been under construction since 2008, who perfects it first out of giant PC, PHO, TPW, and those small communities like M3I and Skeetendo, I'll be waiting to see. But PC seems to be coming along pretty far!

I'll be glad to help and innovate the new generation, I believe that 2011 is the NDS 2003 of GBA hacking, and 2012 will be the 2005 of GBA hacking, this mean well have a Elitemap equivalent for DPPtHGSS. What do you think?
Well, IIRC, M3I is gone. I think. And PHO is returning on Wednesday.

But anyways, I hope to see more people here get into DS hacking. It's not as hard as it seems. It just takes some practice. Just like it did when I tried music hacking. And I took the time to write out my amazing tutorial on it here on PC.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:24 AM
RHIOneAlbum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post

Well, IIRC, M3I is gone. I think. And PHO is returning on Wednesday.

But anyways, I hope to see more people here get into DS hacking. It's not as hard as it seems. It just takes some practice. Just like it did when I tried music hacking. And I took the time to write out my amazing tutorial on it here on PC.
Id love if people migrate to DS hacking :D
And M3I is now a private group on Facebook, and MSN. But yea it's basically dead. PHO is down? I need to start paying attention more lol, I've spent all my time on PC lately
And your tut was good, one of the best on here, you should make more.
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:

Id love if people migrate to DS hacking :D
And M3I is now a private group on Facebook, and MSN. But yea it's basically dead. PHO is down? I need to start paying attention more lol, I've spent all my time on PC lately :P
And your tut was good, one of the best on here, you should make more.
Haha, yeah. I agree. Also, PHO has a new address, but I can't link to it, but it's returning on Wednesday. And thanks. I might make some more, but I need to see what else I can do. All I'm decent at is music atm. Ooh, I should find M3I on Facebook.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pho.jpg‎ (146.5 KB, 12 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Old July 5th, 2011, 11:31 AM
RHIOneAlbum

Pretty sweet, and I can't link you, but it's ChaosBlack on FB. Matthew Tippet is the admin of it-

And that's an amazing new layout that Black Charizard did there.
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
Pretty sweet, and I can't link you, but it's ChaosBlack on FB. Matthew Tippet is the admin of it-

And that's an amazing new layout that Black Charizard did there.
Yeah, it is. And I'm trying to find that group. I hate Facebook sometimes.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Old July 5th, 2011, 11:38 AM
RHIOneAlbum

Quote:

Yeah, it is. And I'm trying to find that group. I hate Facebook sometimes.
Won't Google+ make everything better? Haha, i was invited to the group so idk how hard it is to find. It's compound word ChaosBlack iirc.

On topic lol: what do you think of Chaos Black and Quartz being pirated?
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:

Won't Google+ make everything better? Haha, i was invited to the group so idk how hard it is to find. It's compound word ChaosBlack iirc.
I know. xD Someone will have to invite me. ChaosBlack and Groups yield no results. I think that's why it's private.

And, I think I know what my next tutorial will be. I asked Giradialkia about it earlier, and I got the go-ahead, so I'm going to make a tutorial on dumping your own games. I'm going to explain DS, GBA and Wii, because I know how to do the three.

And about the two games being pirated, it's stupid. Some copies are burned to game cards and sold. It's ridiculous. Now, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are getting bootleg copies too.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Old July 5th, 2011, 11:42 AM
RHIOneAlbum

Quote:

I know. xD Someone will have to invite me. ChaosBlack and Groups yield no results. I think that's why it's private.

And, I think I know what my next tutorial will be. I asked Giradialkia about it earlier, and I got the go-ahead, so I'm going to make a tutorial on dumping your own games. I'm going to explain DS, GBA and Wii, because I know how to do the three.
Wii will be interesting, one of my close friends had the idea of hacking MPR. And I've been working on Rumble as a promo for RHIOne.

Quote:

And about the two games being pirated, it's stupid. Some copies are burned to game cards and sold. It's ridiculous. Now, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are getting bootleg copies too.
Just wait till our hacks come out for DS, pirate galore, lol. Once the maps are hacked, it's all over.

Last edited by RHIOneAlbum; July 5th, 2011 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links