Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology
Reload this Page Firefox Issue....

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Old July 15th, 2009 (11:30 AM).
شكرا
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Honest
Well, this happened a while ago, but I just got the screenshot a few minutes ago....

I upgraded to Firefox 3.5 about 5 months ago. Before, it worked fine.... after the upgrade, I got this screen:

Can anyone help me?
Old July 15th, 2009 (11:34 AM).
Gold Tier

Try uninstalling it then re-installing it. That usually works for me when that happens.
Old July 15th, 2009 (11:35 AM).
adventure seeker
Platinum Tier

Well i just looked at your tray on the bottom right. Where there are to small monitor icons together (you connectivity) there should also be a small planet earth to show that you are connected to the internet. Are you sure you are checking you are properly connected before you open firefox? Did any of your security settings reset that would interfere with you router?

| | |
Old July 15th, 2009 (11:36 AM).
Crystal Tier

Uh, you're not connected to the Internet in that screenshot. o.o See the icon showing two computers in your system tray? If there's no picture of the Earth in the same icon then you're not connected to the Internet.

Edit: Ooh, beaten by seconds by GavZ.
Old July 15th, 2009 (06:18 PM).
شكرا
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Honest
Yeah....but how am I on Internet Explorer literally 5 seconds ago?
Old July 15th, 2009 (06:23 PM).
Platinum Tier

uninstall firefox, run a registry cleaner, download and install the final FF 3.5 release, that should solve your problem.

Also @ GavZ and Get Innocuous! yesterday my vista laptop said I wasn't connected to a network/internet yet I could browse just fine, explanations? there is none because vista messes with your mind
Old July 15th, 2009 (06:45 PM).
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Gold Tier

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by Zet:
uninstall firefox, run a registry cleaner, download and install the final FF 3.5 release, that should solve your problem.

Also @ GavZ and Get Innocuous! yesterday my vista laptop said I wasn't connected to a network/internet yet I could browse just fine, explanations? there is none because vista messes with your mind
You may have not been on the internet and just browsing pages that were cached. Just sayin'.

As for a "registry cleaner," use CCleaner. There are others out there that work just as well, but Google will probably lead you to something malicious instead of something helpful in this case.

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." - H. L. Mencken, unsourced

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]
Old July 15th, 2009 (07:37 PM).
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by twocows:
You may have not been on the internet and just browsing pages that were cached. Just sayin'.

As for a "registry cleaner," use CCleaner. There are others out there that work just as well, but Google will probably lead you to something malicious instead of something helpful in this case.
nope, I was connected to the internet, otherwise I couldn't have been on windows live messenger talking to friends and be able to make posts ;3
Old July 16th, 2009 (02:49 AM).
James Sunderland
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by Zet:
nope, I was connected to the internet, otherwise I couldn't have been on windows live messenger talking to friends and be able to make posts ;3
It seems Vista, once again, decides to throw the normal rules out the window.

My guess would have been what GavZ said.
Maybe check your connection.

I can only actually surf the interwebs when earth is in between the two monitors. :/
Old July 16th, 2009 (08:18 AM). Edited April 21st, 2010 by Melody.
My Strong Resolve
Crystal Tier

Nature: Gentle
In Vista, if you don't see the connected icon in the tray, there IS NO CONNECTION to the internet present.
Old July 16th, 2009 (04:54 PM).
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Pachy:
In Vista, if you don't see the connected icon in the tray, there IS NO CONNECTION to the internet present.
false, I've used Vista a few times and the world didn't appear, yet I could browse the internet and talk online. I must be some super l337 hax0r if there has to be a world to use the internet
Old July 16th, 2009 (05:27 PM).
a.k.a: ethan.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
Mozilla.com could have been down. Also, try running Firefox in Safe Mode, without plugins.
Old July 17th, 2009 (06:14 AM).

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to as2
Quote originally posted by Pachy:
The icon could just be hidden.. Like it is on the Vista systems I managed here!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)