Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Old July 25th, 2009 (03:00 AM).
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

I'll just post it now ~

I haven't actually watched this episode in Japanese, so I'll just use the description from Bulbapedia. The group get lost in a snow blizzard but then run into a Froslass.

Discuss ~
Old July 25th, 2009 (07:10 AM).
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

I really like the group's impressive snow cloaks. Dawn must've been really cold since she was wearing a skirt. Anyway, we got to see another poacher who was actually capable of defending himself and was winning before Froslass decided to jump in and use Shadow Ball. It was nice that they included Glalie so it was a Snorunt, Glalie, and Froslass thing.

It was nice to see another Team Rocket-Diamond and Pearl Trio cease fire. I always enjoy those kind of episodes since Team Rocket usually has some unorthadox way of blasting off again. Or maybe it was just this episode though. It was funny how Dawn tried to imitate Meowth's voice when the trio first bumped into Team Rocket.
Old July 25th, 2009 (02:27 PM).
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm
This episode was alright. Not too much happened... I liked how Team Rocket worked with Ash and stuff. Froslass was cool, and more Snorunt and Glalie screen time is always awesome. I'm glad PCI kept the Chiisaki Mono instrumental at the end.
Old July 25th, 2009 (02:53 PM).
I Laugh at your Misfortune!
Normal is a synonym for boring

Nature: Quirky
Meh, it wasn't bad. I didn't really like the whole poacher thing though. Kind of a Broken Aesop.

- Wobbuffet used Minimize!
- Brock looks awesome in his snow cloak :D
- Shouldn't Piplup be okay, seeing as its, y'know, a penguin!
- Wouldn't you be at least a LITTLE wary if a ghost appeared out of the snow and made a cabin appear from nowhere?
- Does Dawn know anything about ANY Pokemon?
- Meowth seems surprisingly chipper considering he's -60 degrees.
- How is there NOT a BrockxJames shipping?
- You have a CHIMCHAR Ash, maybe you could do something other than shout uselessly?
- Bullet Seed, Scratch and Ice Beam? Are they DELIBERATELY sucking?
- Yeah, dude, how dare you CATCH a Pokemon!
- I love seeing Buneary get owned :D
- It's odd how only TR get hit in the face by their Pokemon when the others got sent flying back as well...
- Of course, there's no way Glalie could have used Protect then...
- Wow, Chimchar sucks.
- Seeing as it beat two of Byron's Pokemon, though...why doesn't this poacher just become a Gym Leader or Elite 4 member with that Glalie?
- Lol that makes no sense. Surely Glalie could have preotected during the time it took that attack to reach them...
- LOL TR FAIL
- Can't wait for next wekk. Apparently, its a TR-centric episode 8D

Old July 25th, 2009 (03:50 PM).
machinegun777
Donator Tier 5

Nature: Relaxed
I actually really enjoyed this episode! There's just one thing... If Team Rocket were real thieves they wouldn't be working together with Ash and his friends xD
Old July 26th, 2009 (04:11 AM).
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

- Big head Jessie XD
- A Pokemon can cook? And yet Ash and Dawn can't?
- Oh, OK just a hallucination XD
- Hahahahaha Piplup is a hostage
- I love it when the twerps work together with Team Rocket
- Legend has it that Snorunt makes people rich? The Pokemon anime has very gullible people
- Urgh, TPCI "battle" music...
- Snorunt's smile was so cute XD
- James actually put his head in Carnivine's mouth XD
- It's fine Froslass, you can kidnap Piplup anytime you like
- Haha, it was better that Team Rocket blased off like that rather than Thundershocked

Music kept: (3)

Froslass appears
Glalie appears
Chiisaki Mono ~ Komamori Uta ~

Wow, what's with keeping so little music lately, TPCI?
Old July 26th, 2009 (10:01 AM).
Hydross
wrOOOm

Quote originally posted by Jorah:
- Urgh, TPCI "battle" music...

Music kept: (3)

Froslass appears
Glalie appears
Chiisaki Mono ~ Komamori Uta ~

Wow, what's with keeping so little music lately, TPCI?
God. I feel bad for all the dub watchers, as the intensity of the battle dropped with OVER NINETHOUSAND (xD) as they removed all the jap. battle bgm and replaced it with their own crap. It sounded so awkward with all that synthetizer music. Jeez...
Old July 27th, 2009 (03:38 PM). Edited July 27th, 2009 by Vernikova.
Vernikova

I barely notice the music. I really don't see what's so good about the Japanese music either. It's nice but I find it to be as annoying as the DuArt's music if not more. Truthfully, I enjoyed 4Kids Entertainments' music more than Miyazaki's, Ichinose's, Masuda's, Aoki's, and sometimes Sato's as well.
Old July 27th, 2009 (07:40 PM).
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
Let's see, Snorunt technically does make you rich since you can sell it at the black market.

Just got my new monitor and waited for it before watching this and it was awesome seeing Pokemon in HD.

It was rather convenient that Froslass told them the directions to town.

I'm guessing Ash is going to battle Candice in a few more episodes unless we see more filler towns.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old July 27th, 2009 (08:13 PM).
Vernikova

The animé isn't in High Definition yet. Cartoon Network just formatted their shows to makes them appear that way.
Old July 27th, 2009 (08:17 PM).
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by Vernikova:
The animé isn't in High Definition yet. Cartoon Network just formatted their shows to makes them appear that way.
But my monitor is and my old computer had really bad quality, so compared to it you could say the leap is like watching high definition.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old July 29th, 2009 (04:21 AM).
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

I barely notice the music. I really don't see what's so good about the Japanese music either. It's nice but I find it to be as annoying as the DuArt's music if not more. Truthfully, I enjoyed 4Kids Entertainments' music more than Miyazaki's, Ichinose's, Masuda's, Aoki's, and sometimes Sato's as well.
You barely notice the music, yet still manage to have a preference and find some of the companies music annoying? :P TPIC doesn't really have any proper battle themes, but 4Kids do, even though it's only a few. However, 4Kids change "filler" music every few seconds, continuing on throughout the whole episode which makes it really distracting :/ TPCI at least seem to have some set tracks. But both of them sound horrible because they sound like synthesisers, a lot of their tracks sound dull and both can end up ruining scenes with their misplaced music :/ There are lots of examples where dub music has dullened or changed the mood of scenes with both 4Kids and TPCI
Old July 29th, 2009 (05:16 PM).
Vernikova

You barely notice the music, yet still manage to have a preference and find some of the companies music annoying? :P
There are CDs released and there are many of YouTube pages that offer many Pokémon BGM videos and comparisons. You don't need to listen to the TV to notice the BGM.

Quote:
TPIC doesn't really have any proper battle themes, but 4Kids do, even though it's only a few. However, 4Kids change "filler" music every few seconds, continuing on throughout the whole episode which makes it really distracting :/ TPCI at least seem to have some set tracks. But both of them sound horrible because they sound like synthesisers, a lot of their tracks sound dull and both can end up ruining scenes with their misplaced music :/ There are lots of examples where dub music has dullened or changed the mood of scenes with both 4Kids and TPCI
Okay.
Old July 30th, 2009 (03:51 AM).
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Oh. You see, since this is an episode discussion, I presumed you were talking about how the BGM was used in the episodes rather than randomly talking about which ones you like.
Old July 30th, 2009 (04:48 AM).
King!
better

Nature: Jolly
I guess I like it....a bit.

But, did anyone else notice that Pikachu was sitting, RIGHT THERE, and wasn't battling, while Ash told Chimchar he was the only one left?
Old July 30th, 2009 (04:42 PM).
Johnny590
It's cute how you think I care

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by King!:

But, did anyone else notice that Pikachu was sitting, RIGHT THERE, and wasn't battling, while Ash told Chimchar he was the only one left?
^ LOL!!! I can't believe somebody else noticed this....

The episode was overall pretty cool and funny at times.

That poacher with his Glalie....what an idiot, he didn't use a SINGLE ice type attack and, Gyro Ball? Seriously?

FAIL.

Feed 'em up for me, will ya? :p
Old July 30th, 2009 (06:22 PM).
Vernikova

Oh. You see, since this is an episode discussion, I presumed you were talking about how the BGM was used in the episodes rather than randomly talking about which ones you like.
Well Hydross was talking about the dub's music and the Japanese music. I commented on both [Japanese and English music]. I thought mentioning 4Kids Entertainment would help relay the fact that I was commenting on music in general. I was wrong it seems.
Old August 1st, 2009 (10:00 AM).
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

I was wrong it seems.
I'm going to print that off and stick it on my wall :D Only made funnier by the fact that you missed out the comma.

Anyway, I was talking about why I posted about the TPCI/4Kids thing, because you kind of seemed like you didn't know why I posted it.
Old August 2nd, 2009 (07:36 AM).
Azonic
pls stop talking to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
asdlghasg;lh GLALIE <333333

Quote originally posted by King!:

It had to do with Chimchar being the only fire type and Glalie being an ice type.

I liked this episode. Pretty exciting. It wasn't the best, but still pretty good. Glalie appearance again <33. I like what they did with the Snorunt evo. line.
Old August 2nd, 2009 (07:42 AM).
Jason1911
What Should I Write Here?

Nature: Relaxed
This is the first episode I've watched in a long time. I forgot how good the animé was, and Ash working with Team Rocket... that's new but i liked it.
Old August 8th, 2009 (07:43 AM).
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Quote originally posted by Jason1911:
This is the first episode I've watched in a long time. I forgot how good the animé was, and Ash working with Team Rocket... that's new but i liked it.
they worked together a couple of times before, so its not really new, shocking yes but not new

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links