Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design
Reload this Page Captain Fabio's Photography Gallery

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Old July 4th, 2011 (01:10 PM).
James Sunderland
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
Thanks guys! Love the comments.
Only got Internet because a friend let me use theirs, but I have 3 pictures to upload; experimenting with a lighter...

Sparks

Spoiler:

Star

Spoiler:

Flame

Spoiler:
Old July 11th, 2011 (06:28 AM).
James Sunderland
Crystal Tier

Shadow Heart

Spoiler:

Nothing special but meh, thought I would put it up.
Old July 14th, 2011 (10:45 AM).
just a guy
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I have to say, your new camera does wonders and you take excellent use of Micro. Rip and Flame are two of my favorites of some of your most recent work. My only nitpick would be with Flame. It would have been better if you had a better background so it didn't take away any beauty from the flame. However, I was highly impressed with Water Droplets. You got a great effect on that one. The blurring around the edge of the leaf was done brilliantly. Plus, you really feel the texture of the leaf ─ or is it a blade of grass? Definitely one of your best works on here.

A noticeable mention would be Nature's Beauty. This was taken so well I could tell it wasn't a real flower, haha.

I hope you keep experimenting and taking more photographs with your camera, because I'll be looking forward to it. Just keep me posted when you do.
Old July 14th, 2011 (05:01 PM).
-

The flame and spark ones are pretty nifty, I'm guessing you cropped them but that doesn't matter. One thing I have to say is that it would be better if you had a dark background or took the photos outside at nighttime, that would really help to strengthen the lighting and you'd get a sort of soft glow around them.

But with the ring one, I don't get it?
Old September 5th, 2011 (11:52 AM).
James Sunderland
Crystal Tier

I am sorry guys, I have been so busy recently, that it has been hard to get my photography on.
However, I was at a family wedding at the weekend and managed to snap this quick picture, which I love.

Bubble

Spoiler:
Old September 5th, 2011 (06:10 PM).
{quixotic}
Crystal Tier

Nature: Calm
Now that is a nice crisp photograph!
I'm assuming you were manual focusing which I can imagine would've been a bit fiddly because the bubble is always moving... :P

But yeah, a technically great photo, I just feel it is a little sort of boring. I know it was at a wedding, so you can't set up elaborate lighting or anything, but catching the image with a busier background and then the bubble in focus could've had some nice overtones, or somewhere with stronger lighting so it refracts through the bubble and gets those colours in the liquid popping. They always look nice! :D

But yeah, great photo, I'd like to see some more planned shots by you, sort of set up environments where you move things so it isn't necessarily 'natural'. I reckon you could get some really great photographs!

Keep it up!

Old September 21st, 2011 (02:18 AM).
James Sunderland
Crystal Tier

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the feedback dude, but as regards to it being a little boring, I couldn't do much about that because it could have popped any moment so I had to be quick with my focusing, but I was happy how it turned out and was even impressed with my manual speed focus, as it popped a few seconds after! XD
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links