The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates

Notices

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 29th, 2009, 11:35 AM
fango pango
Sephiroth Killa Greystripe

Nature: Quirky
oh hoorah there are so many things to say about school
all you have to do is post them,AS MANY| AS YOU WANT
anyone thats got something to say about school can post nwhether you used to or are in school
HAVE FUN
Old July 29th, 2009, 11:53 AM
xxemeneminyxx
Trainer

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to xxemeneminyxx
You couldn't pay me enough to go back to school!!!!
Old July 29th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Weatherman, Kiyoshi
~Having one of THOSE days

Nature: Jolly
Oh,

The "word that starts with D"bags.
They just make it terrible.

Whether they be a teacher or a student.

super epic credit to Cilerba and Calis for OW Bases,
make sure you check them out as well!
Old July 29th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Blue Nocturne
Not THAT one.

I hate how you are sometimes forced to learn something you will never have any use for. E.g most things you are taught before you choose your subjects. An example of something that will be useless to my hopeful future as an endocrinologist is simultaneous equations. Who here can say they have ever used them?

Another example is French, which may be useful to some but I have no intentions of ever going to a French speaking country. I think kids who know what they want as a career should be able to choose their subjects earlier so they are learning things that will be both interesting and useful to them

"Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away.
It can't protect. It only destroys."
Old July 29th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Haha.
I look back at school and see how badly the teaching system is.

I love University. :D
Old July 29th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Anxiety.
Walking on sunshine.

Nature: Bold
My school is crap.

A boy got his hand slashed, and the guy who did it only got one week of suspension. No after school detentions either.
They were actually considering making all the girls have the same hair cut, and all the boys having the same haircut because they want us all to look the same. -___-;

Don't get me started on the students. They need to grow up and get over themselves.

Damn, I hate my school so much!
Old July 29th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Zakarii
Pekachu Puhrity <3

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zakarii
Everything in my school is so terrible, it's not even funny. Sit on the couches, you say: "These couches are so wellfare."
And don't even get me started on the teachers. They're either disturbing or retarded. One of teachers is a 46 year old man, and he has posters of kittens all over his walls.

R.I.P Gidget.

Spoiler:
92% of teens listen to rap. If you are one of the 8% that still listens to real music, add this to your signature.
Old July 29th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Shem
Bored...

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shem Send a message via Yahoo to Shem
Our lockers are alphabetically assigned, so I'm always stuck right next to the same girl who every morning finds it completely necissary to gather her friends in front of her locker and the other 4 lockers around her's, and then they have the audacity to glare at ME for interrupting their little circle when I go to put my bag in in my locker. My locker was there first!!!

Diamond
fc-2879-1926-9888
PLATINUM fc-0860-9246-7760
Old July 29th, 2009, 01:25 PM
xxemeneminyxx
Trainer

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to xxemeneminyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakarii View Post
Everything in my school is so terrible, it's not even funny. Sit on the couches, you say: "These couches are so wellfare."
And don't even get me started on the teachers. They're either disturbing or retarded. One of teachers is a 46 year old man, and he has posters of kittens all over his walls.

We didn't even have couches lol. Arg Uni is so much better
Old July 29th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Captain Hobo.
Posting King

I hate school I don't like school at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to chat with me shoot me a VM. Trust me I can't bite you through the computer
Old July 29th, 2009, 01:29 PM
processr
Community Supporter Tier 5

Clearly I'm the only person here who's even remotely happy with the school they're in. Evidence would suggest that grammar schools and selective schools in general work much better than the usual system. My only gripe with my school is that they couldn't organise a drinks party in a brewery, but it doesn't usually affect the teaching standards.
Old July 29th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety. View Post
They were actually considering making all the girls have the same hair cut, and all the boys having the same haircut because they want us all to look the same. -___-;
I have long hair and I did at school.
They tried to make me get my hair cut.
I said no, haha.

They put me in isolation for a day for me to think about it.
I got really angry and said that they were impairing my learning over the matter of hair length.
Still put me in there.
Called my parents and the next day, they didn't know what hit them! XDDDD
No one said anything to me after that.

My parents can be scary when they want too O_O
Old July 29th, 2009, 01:56 PM
BakingBluePotatoe
The Blue Blur Alchemist

Nature: Brave
@the haircuts thing: WTFH!? Isn't that against the consti- Wait, what are the laws in Britan?

... this world is slowing becoming a dictatorship...

Tausch Mit Mir?: 2208-5032-7062
Pokemon Y: (German) - Rosa (OT) - 20249 (ID) - Electric Safari (Heliptile & Emolga)
Proud Member of Chaos Control & Equivalent Exchange!
Outlinks:
Twitter (Main) || deviantART || Tumblr || Youtube
Twitter (RP acct 1) || Twitter (RP acct 2)

Old July 29th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Zumi
New Account: Ultraviolence
Community Supporter

My school is fine. The teachers, pupils, everything. 100% happy.

Old July 29th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Anxiety.
Walking on sunshine.

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~KitsuneKat~ View Post
@the haircuts thing: WTFH!? Isn't that against the consti- Wait, what are the laws in Britan?

... this world is slowing becoming a dictatorship...
My school would break the law for their own enjoyment.
But I doubt they'd actually do it. My headmaster is alright, it's the Deputy-head that's the problem. She's leaving soon anyway so it's all good ;D

Except for the fact that my school is terrible.
Old July 29th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Gold warehouse
peanut butter cake lover

Ugh... I could rant for a while about how flawed our current education system is (imo). I'll be brief though.
We had incompetent teachers who lacked any form of organisation at my school, which made attending the majority of lessons a complete waste of time. A lot of the time I wouldn't even bother going into school and when I did decide to attend, I would skip most lessons anyway. Of course I was the one in the wrong, so I was the one who was constantly harrased by teachers and 'education welfare officers' for my abysmal attendance.
The pupils I can deal with; when the teachers are idiots though, it just makes school entirely pointless.
Old July 29th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Belong
somewhere out there

Nature: Quiet
Omg, dont get me started about school 0_0 i dont go to school for teachers to yell at me for not asking to go to the restroom. god, i got a lunch detention for that. and one time there was this txt going around that said that there will be a food fight on the last day of school and so that day An officer came and told us that there will be no food fight or he can march our little butts outa there. he even said that if we drop one little piece of food we will get fined. like wat the hell. it was amusing tho
Old July 29th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Wi-fi Battler
currently in la la land.

Nature: Gentle
Lol i have no clue what High school will be like, although i have a brother in Hs. Since i live in the great state of *****. I am taking football which Starts one month EARLIER then school. lol... i have to start geting on a regular schedule

"what made pokemon games so great was the music, the feel it gave you and the way it let you feel immersed within the game. When we were young, we had no worries, no problems, and could focus all our willpower and imagination to journeying through the world of Pokemon and living the dream..."
Quote from Sneauxboarder8

Old July 29th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Giraffles <3
podɐʇǝɯ

My school is just boring, I often spend all my time doodling in every class. Glad I only have 1 year left :3.

Love can make the hardest shells soft again :3.
Old July 29th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Amachi
(。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinthea View Post
Haha.
I look back at school and see how badly the teaching system is.

I love University. :D
Man you can say that again. I laugh whenever I hear my friends say "I miss school", because I don't have any reason to miss it.

funnily enough, I'm studying teaching now.
Old July 29th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Lash

The school I'm currently going to is the only one I've found worth going to in awhile, and even then I still dislike going to school in general. It's not the school I'm attending that's the problem (its a very easy school. Three classes, idiot staff.), but just the thought of school that gets to me.

I guess it's because parents act like school is a godsend. Most parents want their kid to achieve their vision of greatness, which isn't what the child wants (in most cases I've heard, however.). I just don't see the fun in that.

"Jimmy you are forever in our hearts"

And **** you 2009 for taking him from us.
Old July 29th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Ayselipera

I just hate waking up so early and learning things I don't care about.
Probably one of the worst things is having a teacher who thinks all the students love them just because a few of them come visit everyday. It really makes me wonder why my friends say they miss school. I'll never understand that.
Old July 29th, 2009, 07:11 PM
sanny the hedgehog
Back by popular demand?

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffles <3 View Post
My school is just boring, I often spend all my time doodling in every class. Glad I only have 1 year left :3.
dude im right there with you!!
my schools fine but after being there for so long with the same people, every year, in the same three classes. it gets kinda boring. like i said my schools fine but im bored with it.
the only real problem i and the rest of my class (but mostly me) is one of our teachers.
i swear to god i want to kill her sometimes!!! i mean all she does is ramble on about stuff that she thinks is important and makes us do math this completely long/hard way in which deprives me of pretty much all of my after school time!!
and the fact that she treats me like a friggin' retard!
example:
okay so im not the best person at math, right? yeah, so im taking a test and am boggled by one of the questions. so i go up to the teacher and ask for a small bit of help. get the reminder that i needed. then go to sit back down, finish the test. so now im just sitting at my desk drawing and nonsense, as i usually do. then she comes up to me and asks if i finished my test, then i say yes. then she says to me "really? that fast?(!)"
after that i was pissed for the rest of the class period and it sucked
Old July 29th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Åzurε
Shi-shi-shi-shaw!

Lol, I'm not in school.
Not like you people think of.
Homeschool is still sucky.

But yeah.
I'm blessed to have a mother who'll attempt to teach a high school student everything by herself, although much of the actual schoolwork is done by without help on standby.
I've heard that public school is bad, but I haven't experienced it for myself, so I don't know what I'd like better.
Old July 29th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
You know those videos you see at school about drugs and what not, those kids are at my school, people at my school actually smoke, take drugs, drink alcohol, have underage sex, shoplift and beat up other kids just to be popular even if it isn't in a good way.

The good thing at my school was that it accepts all sorts of people, we have a whole class full of people with disabilities and not the physical kind, these people are mentally disabled but out school doesn't care and just takes them in and they hang out with us but sometimes they're easily mislead and end up joining the drug addicts because they think it's normal and that's what they want to be.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links