Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 6th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Omega Zero
Is back...
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Omega Zero

Advertise here

Hi guys im just Tainui here and you'll be thinking OH NOES ANOTHER SILVER REMAKE
and probally will say Oh Hgss is out there is no point or We already have shiny gold and Lc but there is no stopping me

Story

Well you should know the story but if you don't i'll tell you

Spoiler:
The event takes place 3 years after pokemon Yellow Red and Blue you wake up one day and walk down stairs.. your Mum tells you that Prof Elm was looking for you. You then go next door into his lab and he calls you for something. He then receives an email that Mr pokemon wants him to get something. But he is to busy and he asks you to Go to Mr pokemon. He then asks you to pick a pokemon. you pick a pokemon then starts your journey. [/h4]

Features

Day and night
Headbutt
New tiles
Our own Twists and turns

One special Feature.

Warning spoiler Alert Spoiler alert

Spoiler:
At some points of the game Ash comes in and at the end when Vsing red he gets his butt kicked cause i don't really like Ash XD

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Videos

Spoiler:
None yet sorry

[h2] Banners [/h2

HTML Code:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5455111#post5455111][IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/11rq6p2.png[/IMG] [/url]

Credits

Paranoid for gold sprites (might not use them sorry my spriter might change it )
Umbreon For a lot of things(can't remember his name O_o)
Kingcyndaquil my mapper :D
Linkandzelda for letting me use some of his music
Zeikku Tm for his gold backsprites in resources
Om3ga Ars3nel For his css tutorial

Bug Oddities glitches

The tile palettes are messed up O_O

Last edited by Omega Zero; January 10th, 2010 at 12:02 AM.
Old January 7th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Well this could be good hack but...
Is the playable character Gold or Red?
Since you have both in your screenshots.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old January 7th, 2010, 09:18 AM
DreadWaffle
LOVE AND PEACE!

Well there is the possibility of both being playable put for now, the titlescreen can use a little bit of touching up with palettes, i mean having the background black be just a darker blue.

just because hg/ss is coming out doesn't mean people will stop making the remakes, and just stop making them after they come out. Because when people say they will use johto in a hack, it sometimes is because
A: they remake g/s/c
B: it is a very simple region design
C: not much of a story has been told there, so it can easily be used as a solid area

i do not care for remakes to much, but the johto region, i think is the best of all of them (except for orre suckers!)
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call."
Old January 7th, 2010, 10:49 AM
.Tactic.
x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .Tactic.
Nice man, I like the gold OW
Hacks that deserve my love
Credits for my sig
Old January 7th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Omega Zero
Is back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
we are going to be playing as gold and crystal cause the red screenshots didn't have The overworld in as well O_O so we aren't playing as red and i can't wait to get up to red even tho im planning the hack to see what you guys see in that spoiler sorry ash lovers XD
Old January 7th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Sora's Nobody
The Official Roxas

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sora's Nobody
you forgot to add the rom your using

Sora's Nobody ★ Nothing Yet!
♠The Official Roxas♠ My Stuff:

Old January 7th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Omega Zero
Is back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sora's Nobody View Post
you forgot to add the rom your using
It says it in the title FireRed hack: Pokemon Corroded silverr
Old January 7th, 2010, 02:13 PM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
im workin with him on it. its gold. it just took us a while to find gold sprites so my friend made some

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old January 7th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Chaos190
Likes to Hack Pokemon

Nature: Naive
Nice thread dude
It's turning out great
Wish you luck dude

Would you like to be in a hacking team? Become a great hacker at the Chaos Productions!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=220406
------------------------------------------------
Support

Credits to aSeRo141414

Old January 7th, 2010, 03:46 PM
DuoRyan
Hack'in as usual, it seem.

Hm i agreed in no time this will have lot of fan
Old January 7th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Omega Zero
Is back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRyan View Post
Hm i agreed in no time this will have lot of fan
Not really. T_T i don't think it will be that popular and progress is currently Doing the Police script just after you beat your rival for the first time cause.. im lazy
Old January 8th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Poke_a_Dialga!
EXAMS TESTS AND EXAMS QAQ

Nature: Sassy
FINALLY! I can play computer!
Another remake!
Lets see how this will end up...
Well, good luck on this but please don't ask me to map!:D
Tim Wu 2007-2010 Productions
S.F Productions
Presents

Old January 8th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Omega Zero
Is back...

Sorry guys i am restarting the project so you will have to wait longer to play the game but. the good news is i'll work on the tiles and graphics. (well at least try to work on graphic) and i'll try make this game worth while playing.. any suggestions.
Old January 8th, 2010, 12:38 PM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Make it like HGSS. All the remakes are of Original GS. Do a demake of HGSS, it'll be more original (as original as a remake can be, anyway).

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old January 8th, 2010, 06:25 PM
558122_DG
Learning how to make mistakes

umm, when do u want me to insert?
also, just on the side note, change the text on the titlescreen
This signature has been disabled.
Spoilers are forbidden in signatures
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 8th, 2010, 06:30 PM
.com

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .com
Quote:
Originally Posted by giradialkia View Post
Make it like HGSS. All the remakes are of Original GS. Do a demake of HGSS, it'll be more original (as original as a remake can be, anyway).
Oh, the irony of this post...
Old January 9th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Hokorashiimesuinu
sinnoh master

Nature: Sassy
so how is the pokégear gonna be, i mean, will you be able to remake the original?
Old January 9th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Omega Zero
Is back...

Well isn't pokegear asm? i don't think i can do that :/
Old January 10th, 2010, 08:18 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Quote:
Originally Posted by .com View Post
Oh, the irony of this post...
Tch.. Enter the expert...
Fine, I didn't word my opinion correctly. It can't be denied that we've had our share of GSC remakes. And since they keep on coming, I'm suggesting that it would be nice to see a reference to HGSS, if only graphically. I was saying that, obviously remakes aren't original, especially since Nintendo's done it themselves, but amongst the hacking community, it'd be a change. That's all. It wouldn't actually be the end of the world, you know.
I'm glad it's Silver you've chosen, though, because Gold and Crystal have already been done, almost fully. Perhaps give Lugia a bigger role? I dunno. Do what you want... Good luck, I look forward to seeing more progress.

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old January 10th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Omega Zero
Is back...

Quote:
Fine, I didn't word my opinion correctly. It can't be denied that we've had our share of GSC remakes. And since they keep on coming, I'm suggesting that it would be nice to see a reference to HGSS, if only graphically. I was saying that, obviously remakes aren't original, especially since Nintendo's done it themselves, but amongst the hacking community, it'd be a change. That's all. It wouldn't actually be the end of the world, you know.
I'm glad it's Silver you've chosen, though, because Gold and Crystal have already been done, almost fully. Perhaps give Lugia a bigger role? I dunno. Do what you want... Good luck, I look forward to seeing more progress.
Thanks i will see if i can get lugia into a bigger role not just the title screen XD
Old January 10th, 2010, 06:43 PM
.com

Quote:
Expert? That's laughable.
I get what you mean, but that still isn't more original. Just because it is less common as of now to premake HGSS doesn't make it more original. At the same time, MANY MANY hacks and projects are starting/already have picked up HGSS graphics. Not remakes or anything, but the style blends in with the crowd. Remaking a remake is less original than remaking the original GSC, because there's less room to work with. You're limiting yourself to what the official remake has that way, and not a new way, exclusive to you.
Old January 11th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Omega Zero
Is back...

Sorry guys its gonna be a while before you get to play it. Reason why.. Tile inserters Won't insert meh tiles :\
Old January 11th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Deokishisu
Mr. Magius

Honestly, I don't see the appeal to this hack.

First of all, the whole G/S/C remake thing has been done to death, and though I hate hearing this myself, HGSS is coming to the states and Europe in a couple of months.

Judging by your screenshots, you lack a basic grasp of the English language. What makes it worse is all of the correct text is already written for you if you just pop G/S/C into your Gameboy or grab a ROM. Your maps of New Bark Town are... well... let's just say you need some practice, to put it lightly.

The fact that you've restarted signals me that perhaps this doesn't belong in the Progressing Hacks section, because as far as your posts are concerned, it seems that from the time you've started over, you haven't made enough progress to stay in this section. Honestly, I can't see any serious reason to play this, other than chuckling at the bad grammar or seeing the Silver Version we all know and love slaughtered.

I'd read a mapping tutorial, put some effort into your grammar (which like I said before was done for you if you had cared to look), and learn some more advanced scripting before even attempting to ruin a Nintendo game. I believe this belongs back in the Scrapbox with the other "crap or scrap", as you so delicately put it in one of your posts, to be phased-out with the rest of the products of this "Hacking Dark Age".
Old January 11th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Omega Zero
Is back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deokishisu View Post

First of all, the whole G/S/C remake thing has been done to death, and though I hate hearing this myself, HGSS is coming to the states and Europe in a couple of months.

Judging by your screenshots, you lack a basic grasp of the English language. What makes it worse is all of the correct text is already written for you if you just pop G/S/C into your Gameboy or grab a ROM. Your maps of New Bark Town are... well... let's just say you need some practice, to put it lightly.

The fact that you've restarted signals me that perhaps this doesn't belong in the Progressing Hacks section, because as far as your posts are concerned, it seems that from the time you've started over, you haven't made enough progress to stay in this section. Honestly, I can't see any serious reason to play this, other than chuckling at the bad grammar or seeing the Silver Version we all know and love slaughtered.

I'd read a mapping tutorial, put some effort into your grammar (which like I said before was done for you if you had cared to look), and learn some more advanced scripting before even attempting to ruin a Nintendo game. I believe this belongs back in the Scrapbox with the other "crap or scrap", as you so delicately put it in one of your posts, to be phased-out with the rest of the products of this "Hacking Dark Age".
Well i am working on my grammar and if you don't like the hack then don't play it which you probally won't play it anyways
Old January 11th, 2010, 07:09 PM
.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deokishisu View Post

I love you. Sorry, but I agree with that and couldn't have put it better. :3
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here