Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media
Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

View Poll Results: Did you enjoy the TCA's ?
No, not at all. 2 18.18%
YES! <3 0 0%
I didn't watch them. 4 36.36%
I couldn't have cared less. 5 45.45%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 10th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Star★Seeker
→s t y l e ;

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Star★Seeker Send a message via Yahoo to Star★Seeker

Advertise here
The dissapointing results!

So... I hope I'm not the only watching this crap >.>

So, I guess Fox was really desperate for ratings, seeing as the show was not only hosted by The JoBros, but they pretty much dominated the awards, ufortunately. Seriously, they haven't done much to become famous, other than appear on Disney and have Disney brainwash the youth into becoming their fans. I also find it ridiculous how Frankie Jonas won Breakout TV Star, when he's only appeared twice on their show, and his appearences were mostly crappy comic relief cameos. Not only that, but I find it strange(in other words, staged) how The Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus' duet song "Before The Storm" won one award, without having been released as a single.

Everything else was just as expected, a Twilight and Disney dominated, Jonas fanservicy event that once again proves how tasteless showbusiness has become and how easy it is to become famous nowadays.

I did enjoy Paramore's victory (it's a shame that the only reason they won was beacuse of Twilight, and not beacuse of their great talent, but if the JoBros can get away with that, then Paramore can, too) as well as Lady GaGa's, too, although they were offscreen victories.

I guess those dumb Jonazis(Jonas fans) got what they wanted, though, lots of Jonas fanservice. I think that Joe Jonas should have gotten all his full body pubic hair shaved instead of his head's, though. :P
new msn: [email protected]
[Please Add]
Old August 10th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Hatenko
Hiya!

This is disgusting. Are other teenagers such stupid-minded sheeple? I know I'm not. I've seen Jonas Brothers/Miley Cyrus/Twilight every other category, which was pathetic. And wtf@ mini-jonas winning something. the biggest role he's ever had was in that ponyo movie, and the aforementioned cameos.
Meloetta
-Melody Pokémon
-0.6 m 6.5 kg
-Normal/Psychic
-Musical Inspiration
Old August 11th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Tater Tot
I used to be popular here~

Nature: Lax
I didn't really mind, until all the Disney shows/characters beat Fringe. That really ticked me off. :l

What the heck is with Disney and Twilight winning every fricking award in history. ;o;

The Britney honor would have been nice, but Miley was the one who honored her, and that just made it a crap-load. :l

The Fred parts were nice though. :D
Old August 11th, 2009, 08:30 AM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
I'm happy i forgot it was Monday yesterday because Disney beating Fringe? are you kidding me? I can't stand the failure brothers, they suck and can't wait for them to stop with everything

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old August 14th, 2009, 08:06 PM
The Corrupt Plague
Missingno. hunter

Nature: Naughty
I damn near puked when I saw this, seriously Our teens cant possibly be that ******* stupid, it has to have been rigged. If it wasnt, then I have officially lost all faith in humanity.

Credit goes to Team Brushfire for the awesome banner!
Old August 14th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Anti
I forgive you, Chris Bosh.

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poker Face View Post
Jonazis
Now that's just over-the-top.

Anyway, as much as I don't like the Jonas Brothers or any of Disney's products, this can't really surprise anyone. It's hardly "disgusting" but rather just what is popular among the tween/teen population. I don't know how you can be disappointed with this when you could see it coming from a mile away. Teenagers aren't exactly known for being the most cultured folks in the USA after all...or really anywhere lol. Expecting the results to be anything but something like this is like expecting a breakthrough in trench warfare, so to me at least, this isn't really news as much as it is expected. Teens like this kind of stuff.
Gone with the wind. (But still hanging around because why not?)

~wolf: defeated every lead except elf :>
d_a-bread house: what about metagross
~wolf: ok that too
Old August 15th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
WHAT THE HELL IS THAT PILE OF CRAP?

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if Miley Cyrus won "Hottest Actress", but what the hell is she and that horrible band doing in those categories? Even that godforbidden wafllecrap HSM?

Oh god help us.
Putting dairy on the fridge door should be morally wrong and outlawed.
Old August 15th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Fernando

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fernando Send a message via Skype™ to Fernando
Quote:
I also find it ridiculous how Frankie Jonas won Breakout TV Star, when he's only appeared twice on their show
I thought it was kind of stupid, why did he win break out tv star ~_~. This years Teen Choice awards was kind of a dissapointment to me oh well.
Old August 15th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Rokusasu
Scientist Salarian

Nature: Quirky
Well, I'm glad Adam Lambert won his category, even if I think the whole thing is a waste of time. :P
I am the very model of a scientist salarian,
I've studied species turian, asari, and batarian.

Old August 16th, 2009, 02:17 AM
The Red Bandit
Welcome To Candyland!

Nature: Jolly
I did not watch the teen choice awards but I know I did not want to, 'specially since it had them darn gay Jonas bros and Miley *can't sing for crao* Cyrus on it, they all suck major disney crap, they can't act, can't sing, and everyone likes them? the world's children must be brainwashed or something. Mini jonas bro winning an award, WTF? and Twighlight? no just no.

Quote:
Even that godforbidden wafllecrap HSM?
Wait, HSM was on it too? someone shoot them dumba**es who run that stinking disney channel, please.

Last edited by The Red Bandit; August 16th, 2009 at 02:22 AM.
Old August 16th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Azumi
★七色に光る女★

Nature: Hasty
What's with teenagers these days? They actually like that crap of an HSM and Twilight... I just wanna brick someone right now!

AND YES, ESPECIALLY TWILIGHT. Those books breed like rabbits. Soon they're gonna raid the bookstores.
And Music Soundtrack to Twilight?! Hell, I think Harry Potter's soundtracks are magical and sound nicer, but WHATEVER.

I'm sick of the teenagers these days.

Azumi あずみ||:::
deviantart | tumblr | twitter||:::

「我に慢心を捨てろと来たか。||:::
つくづく厚顔なマスターよな!」||:::

Old August 16th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Sakura Rain
→Let's laugh at everything!

Nature: Quirky
Seriously, what's wrong with the teenagers? Why are they makin' this stuff popular? The Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus CANNOT SING. Don't even get me started on HSM.

Lol at the person above me. And I agree, HP's soundtracks are a heck of a lot nicer than Twilight's soundtrack.

♫A message I've thought much too much about,
Maybe it'll reach somebody, who can say?
Certainly, I've always been this way,
A patched up, crazy matryoshka♫

"Matryoshka" - hachi/Hatsune Miku & Megpoid Gumi

Old August 16th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Grexx
Angel of Truth

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Grexx Send a message via Yahoo to Grexx
Wait.., Twilight is winning awards now? Are you kidding me? Wow, this is an insult to every teen who actually has good taste. And did somebody say Disney beat Fringe? Seriously, Wtf? I'm glad I didn't want this crap because if I did my television would probably be in a dump somewhere with a broken screen.
Platinum FC: 2148-8178-2341
Old August 16th, 2009, 09:05 PM
angelsavoir
Trainer

I was disapointed with all the Twilight wins. I voted and really wanted Dev Patel/Slumdog to win. The one thing I was glad about was Leighton Meester winning best TV drama actress..
please click my eggs!!

Old August 16th, 2009, 09:21 PM
mew²
Helix 4 President!

Nature: Quiet
It DISGUSTED me! What is wrong with most of the teenagers this century! I remember when most teens loved good bands like Nirvana and what not! Now we have the Jonas Brother and Hannah Montana, bleh. I'm not trying to dis on them, but Disney should have stuck to Mickey and the gang.

But I was happy Paramore won an award. That made me feel better about the awards.

Pokemon X - Ricky `~`
FC: 4871 4170 6707
Old August 16th, 2009, 09:36 PM
System!
HM....................... .....

Nature: Mild
Wait, Disney beat Fringe?

That's not right at all.
Old August 16th, 2009, 10:01 PM
mew²
Helix 4 President!

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSystemIsDown View Post
Wait, Disney beat Fringe?

That's not right at all.
How Disney pulled it off is beyond me. Fringe is the best o_o

Pokemon X - Ricky `~`
FC: 4871 4170 6707
Old August 16th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Akio123 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akio123 Send a message via Yahoo to Akio123 Send a message via Skype™ to Akio123
I kind of stopped two minutes in after they butchered the Obama Speech and put the Jonas brothers in the middle of that...I think the speech had to do with pirates. I could make so many jokes right now, but I won't. XD

Edit: And the Disney Fringe thing...I think it's because the latter is new. Plus It's the Teen Choice awards...think about the demographic watching...
Made by the Amazing DialgaFan of Pokemon Mansion! =D
Old August 17th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Sorry sweeties, but this thread is developing a lot of anger and I don't feel comfortable having something with a wide variety of insults and negativity in my section. I'm going to close this thread now. Feel free to make another thread so long as it doesn't result in... well, this mess. :(
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here