Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates
Notices

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 13th, 2009, 02:06 AM
Napalm
Careful! That Stuff Burns!

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Napalm

Advertise here
These situations are hard to deal with, depending on what caused it, but no matter what, I don't go psycho about it. Normally, I play guitar or listen to music. That normally takes the anger out of me.

What do you tend to do normally?

Last.FM Profile| Platinum FC | Intelligent PC Brother
Old August 13th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Graceful
あぁ、たいさ!♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful
I just storm to my room,cry because life's not fair and then listen to Green Day to calm myself down.....On the 21st Century Breakdown disc,I tend to avoid to listen to track 14....

And apparently Graceful is still alive after a very long hiatus ♥
Old August 13th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Cassino
no

Embrace the emotions for what they are and enjoy it, is what I do.
DA | YT | In the navy, yes, you can put your mind at ease.
Old August 13th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I try to calm my emotions down with a bit of meditating. Sleep will probably take care of some other part of my emotions afterwards. Resolving the situation in which caused me to feel angry/depressed is the biggest part to making me feel better. :D
Old August 13th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Naruto Uzumaki
memories.
Community Supporter

I usually just keep it in. I know its not good for me but I don't really like to show emotion. My friends always told me if you do you show your weak points.
My melted heart remains
As I painfully cover my permanent wounds
Somewhere in the city that flies by
Your siren wails endlessly
Open up

l MAL l
Old August 13th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Rokusasu
Scientist Salarian

Nature: Quirky
I beat the crap outta X enemy on a video game, or I go up to the fish pond in my back garden and sit there for a while. ^_^ Going to my room and punching pillows also helps, as does sleeping. When I wake up, I don't feel so bad. 8D
I am the very model of a scientist salarian,
I've studied species turian, asari, and batarian.

Old August 13th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Anxiety.
Walking on sunshine.

Nature: Bold
I shout at people and fight. Not the best thing to do, but it sure as hell works.
-[Inject Me]-
-
Old August 13th, 2009, 09:15 AM
IceSage
Sage of Ice
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Nothing. I've become so numb to those emotions they don't even bother me anymore. The feeling feels like "*Shrug*"
Old August 13th, 2009, 09:18 AM
twocows
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Frustrated: usually, I go back to what I was doing. I tend to only get frustrated if I'm interrupted while doing something I feel is important. And then, it only lasts for the duration of the interruption.

Depressed: I haven't gotten seriously depressed for years, since back when I was being (falsely) medicated for it (funny story; turns out anti-depressants have the opposite effect on children and that doctors aren't even supposed to prescribe them for kids, not to mention that I didn't need them to begin with). I'd usually just lay in bed if I was depressed and go to sleep; by the time I woke up, I was usually over it.

Edit: oh, come to think of it, I was depressed when my ex broke up with me. Yeah, I just kind of slept it off, now that I think about it.
Doctors Without Borders: one of the few charity groups you can rely on to actually do real good in the world.

PM me if you have computer troubles. I work in IT for a living and can probably solve your problems. My rate is $expensive/hr, but I'm still cheaper than Creep Squad and, unlike them, will actually get the job done or let you know if I can't.

Quote:
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
- H. L. Mencken, unsourced

Quote:
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]

NEW 40K MMOFPS YESSSSS
Old August 13th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
For both I tend to just pick up a video game and play, taking breaks to check email or something, but for the most part I just hole myself up in my room for a bit until I calm down or feel better. As with all negative emotions I just kind of ignore them till they go away. Probably not healthy but it seems to work! :D

So yes, video games are great distractions 'cause you can immerse yourself in something else entirely and take your mind off things for a while and sometimes, when you go back to think about it, it's not nearly as upsetting as it was at first.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old August 13th, 2009, 09:49 AM
poopnoodle

Send a message via Skype™ to poopnoodle
I'm a pretty passive person. If I'm genuinely upset, I'll run to the DVD player and pop in Arrested Development.
Old August 13th, 2009, 09:57 AM
jaimelectric
Has finally obtained all 493!

Nature: Jolly
Like Noodle, I'm a pretty passive person. When I'm upset enough to actually be crying, I usually hide my face in a pillow and then fall asleep or start wailing on my best friend Dan until he stops me and makes that face he does that just... makes everything better.
I don't want to be an artist
Old August 13th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Kung Fu Quagsire!
woah there friend

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Kung Fu Quagsire!
When I'm depressed, I just continue life. Often I'll start talking to someone on MSN and forget all about it. As for angry, I go and play Call of Duty. xD
it's not about forcing happiness
it's about not letting sadness win
Old August 13th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Fox♠
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fox♠
Crack open a few cold beers, sling on some Johnny cash and just sit it out.
Old August 13th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Devil's Guitarist
Trainer

well i used to just sit down in a quiet place for a sec,take a deep breath,think about it for a while and that's it.
now i talk with my girlfriend...she makes my day! or if i can't,then it's youtube>scrubs LOL
Old August 13th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
I used to draw and cook or just do something with my hands and bottle it inside..
But recently I've been talking to Corey and I still do a bit of doodling to let everything flow out~
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
Old August 13th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Hiidoran
used Bone Club...?
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
When I'm depressed or angry, I try to get as far away from whatever is upsetting me as possible. Whether that entails taking a walk, taking a drive, or just locking myself in my room, I do whatever it takes to be alone with my thoughts. It's funny how most people suggest talking things out, but I think that would just enrage me even more in most situations. :x

Good thing it usually takes quite a bit before I'm truly angry or depressed. I'm generally an easy-going guy.
Old August 13th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Timbjerr
Hero of the Blue Flame
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
For anger, I either go to the gym and punch the **** out of the punching bags or take it out in a violent video game.

For depression, I usually come here or watch random crap on YouTube in order to get my mind off of it. ^_^

PokéCommunity Veteran Timbjerr

"We're not perfect. Sometimes our brains tell us one thing, while our emotions tell us another. And war... The more we try to avoid it, the worse it is when it comes to us."
Old August 13th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Azonic
pls stop talking to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I go to my room and have a very violent pillow fight with myself. :(
wat
Old August 13th, 2009, 04:49 PM
ReyRey-Pyon
THREAD KILLER

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to ReyRey-Pyon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ReyRey-Pyon Send a message via Yahoo to ReyRey-Pyon Send a message via Skype™ to ReyRey-Pyon
I blast my tunes eue
really loudly, and sing to myself when im down

when im angry
i just get all pissery at people :D
Old August 13th, 2009, 05:14 PM
dotKarma
FCs in Sig

Nature: Relaxed
I cause pain to other things (mainly inanimate). Not to sound sadistic or anything...
juliacoolo was kicked by Beachy.
(a few posts later)
juliacoolo: Got disconnected sorry

Beachy: I just yawn and flash the crap out of it
(during a conversation about his Umbreon taking on a Zapdos)

Old August 13th, 2009, 05:20 PM
.little monster
Donator Tier 4

When I am depressed:

Talk about it.

When I am mad:

Punch soft stuff and curse at them because it makes me feel better.

Hello, hello baby you called but I can't hear a thing.

Old August 13th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Captain Hobo.
Posting King

I punch i wall as hard as i can and it doesn't even hurt lol.
PC ROCKS:D

If you want to chat with me shoot me a VM. Trust me I can't bite you through the computer
Old August 13th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Aizuke
☆  q u e  s e r a
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I have a habit of pushing people away when I get angry or upset. Hahah, I should learn how to stop doing that. :[

I like cleaning when I'm upset for some reason, and listening to music helps the mood.

I rarely get angry or upset, unless it's been built up from other incidents that have upsetted me and then all exploding in one go.. Which isn't... a very good thing to do.
 

"Here I’ll give new life to the seasons, and let my scars become my pride.."
           「
  내가제일잘나가     paired with Signomi
     니가 제일 좋아  
Old August 13th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Charliezard
A wild shroomish appeared!

If I'm angry with my family, I tend to go over the top and become aggresive. I don't react at all like this when I'm angry with other people, I tend to just leave. When I'm feeling depressed, I tend to just leave as well.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here