Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: What do you think of the Celebi 'Virus' Battle Music?
Amazing! 16 36.36%
Great! 9 20.45%
Not Bad. 14 31.82%
I don't like it too much. 3 6.82%
Pfft, it sucks! 2 4.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old August 14th, 2009 (03:33 AM). Edited September 3rd, 2009 by Q-Bone.
Q-Bone
Musician and Pixel Artist

Nature: Modest
Spoiler:

Updates:
Spoiler:
  • 22nd August 2009:
    Spoiler:
    Only 235 of 493 Pokémon will be featured in this hack, but the game will feature Normal Pokémon, 'Virus' Pokémon AND Shiny Pokémon (yes, I found out an alternate way to do this).
  • 23rd August 2009:
    Spoiler:
    I have decided to remove 2 of the Upcoming Regions, which is because I feel that I can't widely spread 235 Pokémon across 4 massive lands. The only regions featuring in this Hack are Gaia and Safari Island, which will share the total of 235 Pokémon. I can also confirm Professor Ivy's Character Sprite:

~ Made by Anzel
  • 24th August 2009:
    Spoiler:
    I've decided to take a short break from the development of Celebi Chronicles, since school starts again in 2 Weeks, and I have other problems to sort out. But don't worry, in this short break, planning will continue, and many of the 'Virus' Sprites will be made, and Mapping and Scripting whenever I have the time. This basically isn't a break, but just planning before we go further. Sorry for the inconvinience.
  • 29th August 2009:
    Spoiler:
    From today, I am going to try to get as much done before I will have to return to school. This way, we can make up for the loss of development when I go back. Also, thanks to Ultima, Anzel, and Chesu, we have made significant progress in the past week due to their Scripts and Sprites.

I have also came to a conclusion with the whole 'Virus' Pokémon situation. I propose that 'Virus' Pokémon cannot evolve (do not fear, you still may find Pokémon which were infected after they originally evolved), but they have amazingly good attacks. The only way to purify the Pokémon is to hand it to Professor Ivy, who will, in return, give unlockables and the purified Pokémon back.
  • 30th August 2009:
    Spoiler:
    A new banner is up! Show your support by putting the "PHP" code (located in the Banners Section of the first post) in your signature!

Also, me and Celebi Chronicles Co-Owner, UltimaZelfier, have decided on Robert's Sprite (your Rival and best friend in the Hack), which I made. Here it is:

~ Made by Q-Bone

I am also steadily working on the Gaian Pokédex, which is coming along quite nicely. Expect a couple of days before I release the details though. Thank you for all your support.

Beta One will include:
Spoiler:
The First Two Cities of the First Region, Gaia
The First Two Towns of the First Region, Gaia
The First Two Primary Locations of the First Region, Gaia
Three Scripted 'Virus' Pokémon Battles within the Beta Area
Several Wild 'Virus' Pokémon on the Routes within the Beta Area
The First Area of the Second Region, Safari Island
Nine Diamond, Pearl and Platinum Pokémon
Three Main Encounters with Team Digital

Currently Known Bugs:
Spoiler:
Some of the steps are glitchy due to the behavior bytes
Some objects cover the Hero
The Nickname screen at the start shows MissingNo's Icon and '?????' as the name
Some of the houses will glitch out when exiting the interior through the door

Spoiler:
Hello.

My name is Q-Bone, the creator of this ROM Hack, Pokémon Celebi Chronicles. Some of you may have known me as TehSpriter until recently. I discovered ROM Hacking at around January time. I started off as a Spriter, until I moved onto Mapping. After getting my skill up in Mapping, I learnt some basic Scripting and applied a Spriting position for Pokémon Dissension; a previous ROM Hack turned into a RMXP Game.

After deciding we weren't getting anywhere, I moved on, becoming the 'Jack of all Trades', trying to master all different aspects of ROM Hacking. At the moment I am confident with my skill and I would say I have a strong skill level in everything apart from Tile Inserting, Sprite Indexing and other various things such as Title Screen Editing.

After moving on from Dissension and gaining my skills, I took a long break from everything related to Pokémon and Hacking. I returned just over a month ago, due to being bored in the holidays. After rejoining I gained a strong devotion to create my own hack. I have had many ideas for hacks in the past, but they all failed.

But here I was, new levels of skills and all, so I decided to start my own hack, knowing I would get somewhere this time. I came up with one of my creative plots and put into action. Pokémon Celebi Chronicles had finally begun. The progress has been going slow but smoothly up to now, and I hope me and everybody contributing to this hack happen to do so.

With no further ado, I present Pokémon Celebi Chronicles, created by Q-Bone.

Spoiler:
Hack of Pokémon Fire Red (USA)

All is well in the Region of Gaia, your enjoying the start of your teenage years living in the small town of Shorefall, and to celebrate that, your Mother gives you a Pokémon. Your Mother tells you that the Pokémon did not belong to her, but her close friend, Professor Ivy. She asks you to go down to the lab, not too far East of town, to give your thanks and appreciation to the Professor for you Pokémon.

With caution, you proceed East to your destination. When you arrive, you do not only find the Professor, but several mysterious looking men and women. The Professor tells you to run, but instead you confront the people . They simply tell you to leave, or there will be even more trouble. Disobeying them, they initiate a battle. After the battle, one of them manages to grab a small piece of machinery, and hence, they all escape.

You had no idea what just happened, but Professor Ivy explains that they were a criminal organisation called Team Digital, and they were after some machinery which was stolen from them several years back. Professor Ivy had been studying this machinery, and found out that it was used to turn Pokémon into 'Viruses'. Much is not known about the effects of this 'Virus', but Ivy tells you that you must venture and get this machinery back, before they do something dangerous.

As you head home later that day, to say farewell to your Mother, your friend, Robert, tells you that he has heard what happened, and is going help you on your adventure. As you travel onwards, you learn that Team Digital are already infecting and using Pokémon for their desire, but that is now the least of your problems.

Team Digital have been reported to be after the Pokémon Celebi, the guardian of time. They think that if they infect Celebi, they can control 'Virus' Celebi to distort time to reach there one ultimate goal of world domination. If they get hold of Celebi, not the world, but the whole universe could be destroyed. Your goal: to prevent Team Digital to infect Celebi.

More to be Revealed.

Please note that the Story may change as the game is developed.

Spoiler:
  • 'Virus' Pokémon
    Along with Normal Pokémon and Shiny Pokémon along comes a new breed of Pokémon. Due to Team Digital's evil ways, they have corrupted the minds of Pokémon to make them evil and aggressive. 'Virus' Pokémon are exactly like any other Normal Pokémon, except they are of a different colour, and rarer, but yet, not as rare as Shiny Pokémon. If one ever comes across a 'Virus' Pokémon, they can keep it, or alternatively, take it to Professor Ivy to unlock In-Game Events and Prizes, such as Items and New Safari Areas.
  • Unique Moves:
    'Virus' Pokémon will take advantage with a 'Virus' Moveset, which contains some devastating moves!
  • Two Regions
    Explore the territory of Gaia and trek the exotic land of Safari Island.
  • Team Digital
    A new team arises, which plans to invade the Region by infecting Pokémon with a 'Virus'!
  • New Music
    The Hack will contain a large amount of new music for your enjoyment!
  • New Rivals, New Friends, New Adventures
    Prepare to meet a wide array of new people, which of you might or might not like!
  • Fourth Generation Pokémon
    40 Diamond, Pearl and Platinum Pokémon will be included in the Gaian Pokédex.
  • Purification:
    Purify your 'Virus' Pokémon through the use of Sun Stones! Your Pokémon will even keep any previous 'Virus' Moves which have been learnt!
  • Much, Much More
    Prepare for many more features to be included and revealed as the Hack progresses.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Videos will be up when the Hero, Heroine, and Professor Sprites and OverWorlds are finally finished

Spoiler:
  • 'Virus' Celebi Battle Music:
    We currently have a Celebi Battle track for the Hack already, which I made. If you would like to listen, download it at the bottom of this post. Please do not listen if you would like to keep it as a surprise, and certainly do not claim as yours. After listening, please vote in the poll. Also be aware this is not the final product; it is a demo in an .mp3 format (the final product will be a .mid file), and it may be changed during the construction of the hack.

Spoiler:
  • Win an In-Game NPC!
    To have a chance to win an In-Game NPC, all you have to do is reply to this thread, and on the 14th September, three random names will be selected out of the people who have replied to this thread. The three people who get selected will get an NPC featured in the Hack.

Spoiler:
  • Q-Bone:
    Owner, Spriter, Mapper, Project Director, Musician, Scripter, Media Creator, Tile Inserter, Overworld Spriter, Character Designer.
  • UltimaZelfier:
    Co-Owner, Scripter
  • narutoactor
    Script Adviser, Script Helper, Overworld Adviser, Overworld Maker
  • Chesu:
    Temporary Spriter
  • Anzel:
    Spriter

Spoiler:

All forms of help are deeply appreciated. If you use several IM Programs, MSN is preferred. Please fill out the form further below and list appropriately if you want to join. These are people who I need at the moment:

I currently need:
  • Title Screen Editor/World Map Inserter:
    Medium Availability.
  • Sprite Inserters:
    Medium Availability.
  • Spriters:
    High Availability.
  • Mappers:
    Low Availability.
  • Scripter:
    Low Availability.
  • Overworld Spriter:
    Medium Availability.
  • Tile Inserter:
    High Availability.
  • Musician:
    Medium Availability.
  • Midi Inserter:
    High Availability.

If you wish to join, here is the form:

Username:
Desired Position:
Proof of Work:
Email Address:

Spoiler:
  • Punk Rocker:
    ROM Base
  • Kyledove:
    Tiles
  • Spherical Ice
    Introduction Buttons

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

PHP Code:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=190675"][CENTER][IMG]http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu25/TehSpriter/Basic_Banner_002.png[/IMG][/CENTER][/URL] 
~ Made by Q-Bone

Spoiler:

PHP Code:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=190675"][CENTER][IMG]http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu25/TehSpriter/Support_Banner_001.png[/IMG][/CENTER][/URL] 
~ Made by Q-Bone

Spoiler:

PHP Code:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=190675][img]http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4187&pictureid=31300[/img][/url] 
~ Made by UltimaZelfier

Spoiler:

PHP Code:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=190675][IMG]http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4187&pictureid=31930[/IMG][/url] 
~ Made by UltimaZelfier
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 Q-Bone - Celebi Battle.mp3‎ (1.90 MB, 222 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old August 14th, 2009 (06:12 AM).
LOLMAN656
Beginning Trainer

umm nice it looks like this gonna turn out nice.. need any help?
Old August 14th, 2009 (09:01 AM).
The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
The Black Parade
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
The storyline is pretty interesting. But to be frank, i didn't like the Celebi theme. The region map is small, and not something special.
Old August 14th, 2009 (01:13 PM).
Dragax67
A Rookie Trainer raring to Go!

Send a message via Skype™ to Dragax67
I think this will be a good game to play! I like the 'Virus' concept and also the storyline is pretty cool. I can't wait for a beta and also like the music track.
Old August 16th, 2009 (07:40 AM).
Q-Bone

Quote originally posted by Ray Marverick:
The storyline is pretty interesting. But to be frank, i didn't like the Celebi theme. The region map is small, and not something special.
Ray, I have only revealed small details about why this game revolves around Celebi. More will be revealed as time goes on, and I think you will adapt to it as the story unfolds. In addition, the current Region map screenshot is only the first of three, Safari Island is yet to be made and another undecided area/Region.

Quote originally posted by Dragax67:
I think this will be a good game to play! I like the 'Virus' concept and also the storyline is pretty cool. I can't wait for a beta and also like the music track.
Thanks a lot Dragax.

Do you have any images of maps which you have made?
Old August 16th, 2009 (07:42 AM).
~Kian~
Spriter In The Making

Nature: Quirky
i also have the virus idea its a cool idea isnt it not saying u copied me

~kian

'tyranilacegon'
Made By The Mystery Egg,
Please visit his Fusion thread.
Old August 16th, 2009 (08:06 AM).
Q-Bone

Quote originally posted by pokekingkian:
i also have the virus idea its a cool idea isnt it not saying u copied me

~kian
Our 'Virus' ideas are very different, and I wasn't aware of your hack nor virus theme.
Old August 16th, 2009 (08:19 AM).
~Kian~
Spriter In The Making

Nature: Quirky
yeh im not saying u copied me lol but i do have similer things to your virus idea dont worry i dont mind

~kian

'tyranilacegon'
Made By The Mystery Egg,
Please visit his Fusion thread.
Old August 17th, 2009 (04:55 AM).
Q-Bone

UPDATE: Screenshots of Shorefall Village gameplay and possibly a Team Digital Grunt will be uploaded shortly.
Old August 17th, 2009 (05:29 AM).
Micro SD
HubbaBubba

Nature: Relaxed
Great Storyline! Part of it kinda reminds me of the movie. I'm especially curious about the virus Pokemon. I know you said you're going to replace the shinies but aren't those like almost impossible to find (there's prolly a way to change that, I just don't know about it).

The song is good, but it seems more like a song for a map than a battle song (The tempo of it seems kinda slow for a battle).
Old August 17th, 2009 (05:44 AM). Edited August 17th, 2009 by Q-Bone.
Q-Bone

Quote originally posted by Micro SD:
Great Storyline! Part of it kinda reminds me of the movie. I'm especially curious about the virus Pokemon. I know you said you're going to replace the shinies but aren't those like almost impossible to find (there's prolly a way to change that, I just don't know about it).

The song is good, but it seems more like a song for a map than a battle song (The tempo of it seems kinda slow for a battle).
Most of the 'Virus' battles will be scripted; hence you will have one try of capturing the Pokémon, just like a Legendary battle.

In addition, you will be able to find 'Virus' Pokémon in the wild, but since I replaced Shiny Pokémon, I will have to edit the chance of finding one somehow.

My current plan is to create a Script which acts like the Feebas Script; 'Virus' Pokémon are found on several randomly chosen tiles in a route.

For example, if on a route you could find Wurmples, Silcoons and Beautiflys, I would create a Script which selects a chosen amount of tiles (for Feebas I think it was 4, but of course Wurmple is a common Pokémon, so I would pick a larger number such as 10 (and it would be on a smaller map with less tiles anyway, compared to the route Feebas is found on in R/S/E)), and when the tile is stepped on, the Wurmple, Silcoon or Beautifly in 'Virus' form would respectively appear.

New banner up! Copy the code of the banner you prefer, and paste into your signature to show your support!
Old August 17th, 2009 (10:17 AM).
pokemon-5432
Not A Thief Got Hacked!!!

UserName:pokemon 5432
Desired Position:scripter
Proof of Work:
Spoiler:
#ORG $begin
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if B_true goto $done
message $person
boxset 6
givepokemon 1 5 0
setflag 0x200
release
end
#org $done
message $person2
boxset 6
release
end
#org $person
$person = Hello. w/h01. \nHere is the pokemon \pyou wanted.
#org $person2
$person2 = treat that pokemon well and\nl good luc
end

Email Address:[email protected]
Old August 17th, 2009 (10:23 AM).
siper x
I'm Russia, Fear Russia

looks good. can't wait for the beta.
are there any other legendaries outside celebi that are important?

Blood brother to Kroso
Old August 17th, 2009 (10:31 AM).
Q-Bone

Quote originally posted by siper x:
looks good. can't wait for the beta.
are there any other legendaries outside celebi that are important?
If I get help with Scripting, a Beta could possibly be out by next month. Legendaries other than Celebi will be featured in the Storyline, and some may be superior in the plot, but that has been undecided yet.
Old August 17th, 2009 (12:52 PM).
Vince_27
Back to PC and Rom Hacking

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vince_27
I love the storyline, it's pretty good.
The "Virus" concept is good

The Celebi battle is great but it can be a more better.
This can really be a good game.

Old August 17th, 2009 (12:55 PM).
Q-Bone

Quote originally posted by Vince_27:
I love the storyline, it's pretty good.
The "Virus" concept is good

The Celebi battle is great but it can be a more better.
This can really be a good game.
Thanks a lot. The Celebi Battle Music isn't final yet; it may be edited before release.
Old August 17th, 2009 (03:32 PM).
PsychoJigglypuff
Crazy and Loving It!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to PsychoJigglypuff
Wow, this sounds cool. The music is really good too. I wish that I could help out, but I don't have the skills or the time to do it.

Old August 18th, 2009 (12:41 AM).
Q-Bone

Quote originally posted by PsychoJigglypuff:
Wow, this sounds cool. The music is really good too. I wish that I could help out, but I don't have the skills or the time to do it.
Thanks. And I don't think I'll be getting much help anyway xD.
Old August 19th, 2009 (03:40 AM).
MEGAS
Bestow5000 from YouTube

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MEGAS Send a message via Yahoo to MEGAS Send a message via Skype™ to MEGAS
Yeah, the storyline can sound awesome too. Celebi battles the best around this game. I say this is all a great work.
My Platinum FC: 3609 8138 7721
Name: Max
Accepting B/W Wi-Fi battles only, contact me for one.
Old August 19th, 2009 (03:41 AM).
Zeffy

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
Wow, this can turn out pretty good.
Well, I would like to help you but I'm only on randomly ever Monday-Wednesday, but I'll be on Thursday-Sunday. Well, I want to help with scripting. PM me for proof.
Old August 19th, 2009 (05:42 AM).
Q-Bone

Quote originally posted by MEGAS:
Yeah, the storyline can sound awesome too. Celebi battles the best around this game. I say this is all a great work.
Thanks a lot, MEGAS.

Quote originally posted by UltimaZelfier:
Wow, this can turn out pretty good.
Well, I would like to help you but I'm only on randomly ever Monday-Wednesday, but I'll be on Thursday-Sunday. Well, I want to help with scripting. PM me for proof.
I need a Scripter! I will PM immediately.
Old August 19th, 2009 (01:44 PM).
trebornosliw
Learning

Nature: Adamant
Interesting concept. Keep up the good work. I'm afraid I probably wouldn't be very useful as a helper...
Old August 20th, 2009 (12:49 AM).
Q-Bone

Quote originally posted by trebornosliw:
Interesting concept. Keep up the good work. I'm afraid I probably wouldn't be very useful as a helper...
Well if you ever want to help, and you just don't think you have the ability, you can always give it a try, and even if you fail, you can come back when you improve.
Old August 20th, 2009 (10:57 AM).
Co500
You think you're strong? You're not.
Community Supporter

look futher up in your post pokemon-5432 is wanting to script for you

I hope you’ll remember, there is something good in goodbye.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links