The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > PC Events > PokéCommunity Get-Together 2009

Notices

PokéCommunity Get-Together 2009 Backup of everything from the Get-Together 2009.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:11 AM
Redstar
Advanced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Redstar Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Redstar

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizan Nix Zamnie View Post
:Tomboy androgynous or girly androgynous? Just wondering after seeing so many androgynous figures in anime lately.
(i.e. Envy (FMA), Haku (Naruto), ect)
Mine is literally androgynous... Fully hermaphroditic with reproductive capabilities.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:12 AM
Mizan de la Plume Kuro
Bass, Bass Everywhere!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mizan de la Plume Kuro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feign View Post
Androgynous, like leave it up to the reader to decide androgynous. However to leave out the pronouns among other things was a difficult thing, so I left the character as a girl (okay well she was playing lego at one point, but still, that is part of one of my own prompts anyway).
What about orange juice? Does that come into play. [/JK]
Also, Lego is a registered trademark.

So she's a girl. I see. Wait, I think you mentioned it earlier. I'm getting forgetful lately.

Quote:
Mine is literally androgynous... Fully hermaphroditic with reproductive capabilities.
Oh God! My head asplode[sic].
his heart..." - Cutlerine
---

.F a n f i c t i o N.
The Promise I Made to You

SWC 2012 Second Place
Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:17 AM
txteclipse
Zero
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Quiet
I'm worried that I'm not going to finish this. I've only got about a paragraph written, unfortunately, and I only have tomorrow and Monday to pound out the rest, with a fair amount of other things occupying my time on those days. I want to type more tonight, but I had to go to work today and I'm a bit too tired I think. Bah, I guess only time will tell, no pun intended.

Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:17 AM
Feign
Clain

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
What about orange juice? Does that come into play. [/JK]
Also, Lego is a registered trademark.

So she's a girl. I see. Wait, I think you mentioned it earlier. I'm getting forgetful lately.
Yeah I might have mentioned it earlier. And orange juice does come into play... More than you thing

Well building blocks sounded a bit of a stretch, anway, she is only 6 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txteclipse View Post
I'm worried that I'm not going to finish this. I've only got about a paragraph written, unfortunately, and I only have tomorrow and Monday to pound out the rest, with a fair amount of other things occupying my time on those days. I want to type more tonight, but I had to go to work today and I'm a bit too tired I think. Bah, I guess only time will tell, no pun intended.
I'd like to point out that mine was about 1 300 words. And it still had a plot, and an ending
Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:18 AM
Redstar
Advanced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Redstar Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Redstar
Quote:
Oh God! My head asplode[sic].
lol. Hermaphrodites are a staple of my writing... I've variously had hermaphroditic terrorists staging a war between Israel and the other Middle Eastern nations, a hermaphroditic messiah, and a group of genetically-engineered hermaphroditic messiah-super soldiers homunculi.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:20 AM
Feign
Clain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstar View Post
lol. Hermaphrodites are a staple of my writing... I've variously had hermaphroditic terrorists staging a war between Israel and the other Middle Eastern nations, a hermaphroditic messiah, and a group of genetically-engineered hermaphroditic messiah-super soldiers homunculi.
*takes away your hybrid full metal alchemist fantasy "fanfiction"*

Ooo my choose your own adventure thing (currently in stasis) has the main character as androgynous, only because it involves the reading emulating the main character.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:24 AM
Redstar
Advanced Trainer

Quote:
*takes away your hybrid full metal alchemist fantasy "fanfiction"*

Ooo my choose your own adventure thing (currently in stasis) has the main character as androgynous, only because it involves the reading emulating the main character.
lol. Nope, no FMA fanfics for me... In that particular continuity, my homunculi are genetically engineered humans from scratch with the key difference being their DNA is structured based on a mathematical equation. Entirely human physically, but biologically and genetically far more efficient. They're literally the number 42.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:27 AM
Feign
Clain

Quote:
lol. Nope, no FMA fanfics for me... In that particular continuity, my homunculi are genetically engineered humans from scratch with the key difference being their DNA is structured based on a mathematical equation. Entirely human physically, but biologically and genetically far more efficient. They're literally the number 42.
Oooooaky then >.> XD

Anyway...

In all, for this contest, if anything, I'd be happy enough to illicit a response/reaction from the judges of the brutality of our fics. XD
Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:31 AM
Redstar
Advanced Trainer

Quote:
Oooooaky then >.> XD

Anyway...

In all, for this contest, if anything, I'd be happy enough to illicit a response/reaction from the judges of the brutality of our fics. XD
You know you admire my ideas from afar. ;D

That'd be pretty cool, in the least. My entry isn't all that violent or anything, but it should illicit at least a few gasps and Crowning Moment of Awesomes. (hopefully)
Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:32 AM
Feign
Clain

Quote:
You know you admire my ideas from afar. ;D

That'd be pretty cool, in the least. My entry isn't all that violent or anything, but it should illicit at least a few gasps and Crowning Moment of Awesomes. (hopefully)
They'll never look at us the same again! XD

I hope I'll get to read other people's fics though.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:37 AM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

For all those people who are afraid that they won't be able to submit their fics on time, go right ahead and post them in PFF&P when you do get done, and at least I'll try to review them according to the contest review guides. That way, everything but the deadline won't be hanging over your head.

Also, I'm amazed at the fact that I had to tell certain people off because they were secluding others from posting in the FFL with their off-topic posts are doing the same here. It's just a crazy observation that came about because of how tired I am. Another crazy observation is that VMs exist, people.

Now, can we try to keep this thread free of off-topic posting so that if someone asks a question about the contest, Gummy, Bay, or I can find it easy enough to answer it? I don't want any questions being passed over because of random conversations, and someone being unable/unwilling to enter the contest who wants to enter the contest because they/their question/their concern got lost in the shuffle.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:38 AM
Redstar
Advanced Trainer

I'm sure most of us would be glad to post whatever we've written up over in Fan Fiction and Poetry once the contest is said and done, though placing and reviews will definitely add to the thrill and carry over for a few days before anyone needs to do that.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 05:41 AM
Archer
a.k.a: ethan.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I'm going to post my piece when it's done tomorrow. Does that mean I'm expected to post it in PFF or just PM it? Now I'm confused.

Does 1500-2000 words sound reasonable?
Old August 23rd, 2009, 06:09 AM
icomeanon6
It's "I Come Anon"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
I'm going to post my piece when it's done tomorrow. Does that mean I'm expected to post it in PFF or just PM it? Now I'm confused.

Does 1500-2000 words sound reasonable?
You're supposed to PM it to Gummy. He'll forward it to the other judges. After the contest is over, some people are planning on posting their entries in PFF.

1500-2000 is just fine. They've stated several times that they're looking for quality over quantity.

My chapter fics:
Kanto: The Disputed Frontier - 14 chapters, indefinite hiatus. Gary Stu's Unpredictable Adventure - 8 chapters, completed. Digimon Campaign - 7 chapters, ongoing

One-shots:
There's Always Tomorrow (SWC 2009), A Matter of Stubbornness (SWC 2010), Left by the Roadside
(SWC 2011 1st place),
Giovanni Destroys the World and Everything in It (2012), By What Right? (SWC 2013 1st place), Back in the Day (SWC 2014 1st place) (New!)

Family (kind of?): Strange person who calls me strange names

If the pen is mightier than the sword, the keyboard is mightier than the ICBM.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 07:50 AM
Mizan de la Plume Kuro
Bass, Bass Everywhere!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mizan de la Plume Kuro
Quote:
Mine has none. It's philosphical violence if you know what I mean. >.>

Quote:
Aww that's too bad. I saw one FMA fanfic on FF.net, Homonculus swears. Hilarious.
his heart..." - Cutlerine
---

.F a n f i c t i o N.
The Promise I Made to You

SWC 2012 Second Place
Old August 23rd, 2009, 09:33 AM
Kleinchen
boldly going

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to Kleinchen
Ok, sent in my entry. :D I'm really excited for this contest! C: Good luck to everyone. n.n

White: Klein -- 5457 9480 5619
Black 2: Nikolas -- 5244 0858 4656

Old August 23rd, 2009, 02:29 PM
Redstar
Advanced Trainer

I've finished my entry, but am currently undergoing finalizing editing/revising. Expect it by the end of the night, or tomorrow, as well as a confirmation post in here.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 03:12 PM
Foxnordic
Common trainer

mmmmmmmmmmm whats the writing topic?

Pinsir, a pretty cool pokemon...
Old August 23rd, 2009, 03:19 PM
icomeanon6
It's "I Come Anon"

o_o

It's "Time." Try reading the first post, it has everything you need to know.

My chapter fics:
Kanto: The Disputed Frontier - 14 chapters, indefinite hiatus. Gary Stu's Unpredictable Adventure - 8 chapters, completed. Digimon Campaign - 7 chapters, ongoing

One-shots:
There's Always Tomorrow (SWC 2009), A Matter of Stubbornness (SWC 2010), Left by the Roadside
(SWC 2011 1st place),
Giovanni Destroys the World and Everything in It (2012), By What Right? (SWC 2013 1st place), Back in the Day (SWC 2014 1st place) (New!)

Family (kind of?): Strange person who calls me strange names

If the pen is mightier than the sword, the keyboard is mightier than the ICBM.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 05:30 PM
dream's-epilogue
Worthless

Mine's done. It ended up being quite a bit longer than I would've liked, but first I want to have a few friends look it over for me. I'll submit it tomorrow, before I go to school. Is that acceptable?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old August 23rd, 2009, 05:43 PM
Gummy
by fire be P U R G E D
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream's-epilogue View Post
Mine's done. It ended up being quite a bit longer than I would've liked, but first I want to have a few friends look it over for me. I'll submit it tomorrow, before I go to school. Is that acceptable?
Yes, that's perfectly fine. You have exactly

27 hours, 16 minutes

before the deadline.

Monotype Fire Challenge
Old August 23rd, 2009, 06:31 PM
Shrike Flamestar
The Invisible!

Location: Within the synapses of the internet and my own mind.
Send a message via AIM to Shrike Flamestar Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shrike Flamestar
There, I think my initial draft is pretty much done. I took a compromise on the possibly touchy ending I had considered and went with one that while possibly still touchy to some people, is ambiguous and uncertain as to the outcome.

Overall, I think it's pretty interesting and almost completely different from what I usually write. I can already see complaints about it not having much of a point, as it pretty much completely lacks any sort of moral or meaning to the story, but I've always considered complaints like that to be silly. I'm not writing fanfiction to tell people life lessons, I'm writing it because I enjoy writing and want to share these ideas I have with others for entertainment. I can also see complaints about it being pretentious and that I tried too hard to make things sound all fancy and metaphorical, however I'll say right now that all of that was intentional. The story is entirely within this character's head, and that is how they think. I didn't write this way for the hell of it, I did it to show an aspect of this character's personality.

So yeah, proofreading and then I'll be done. May submit tonight, or let it stew some and do it tomorrow. We shall see...
Old August 23rd, 2009, 07:17 PM
NeroIV
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lax
I wanna get in on this and i know I'm realy limiting myself on time but i think i can get something amazing together in this short time. look for my pm b4 the end of Monday.

Please View Spoiler to see banner for my PC group.
Spoiler:
Old August 23rd, 2009, 07:43 PM
Kleinchen
boldly going

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to Kleinchen
I hope everyone posts their fics in the FF section, I really want to see everyone's entries. -nosy- C: I'll certainly be posting mine once the contest is over and the winners have been announced. :D

White: Klein -- 5457 9480 5619
Black 2: Nikolas -- 5244 0858 4656

Old August 23rd, 2009, 07:53 PM
Notched^^
パイパイピチュー

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Notched^^ Send a message via Skype™ to Notched^^
Might as well enter since im new seems liek ill meet people here its a get together right xD and once i saw time i already knew my story :D

Notched's PokePet

Jira the level 5 Jirachi!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here