Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Reload this Page Pokemon FireRed+

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old August 25th, 2009 (04:43 PM). Edited August 25th, 2009 by TehBazzard.
Main creator of FireRed+
Team Kalos

Now before you guys start, This is NOT related to the FireRed Plus which is a mere edit from what I've heard. Mine will have enough features to not be the Original FireRed, but not many changes for it to be a new pokemon version (its not like I can come up with an original name anyways)
Features
Spoiler:

* All 386 Pokemon are set to be catchable.
* Able to evolves Pokemon that normally evolve by trade into a new method, ala ShinyGold
* Characters from Hoenn and some original characters too (such as my own, and yes, I thought of him WAY before I started this hack)
* New area to explore end-game is planned

Story
Spoiler:

Its argueably the same from FireRed. I don't really have anything planned to change it.
However, since all 386 pokemon should be catchable, to explain some changes a bit better, here's a run down.
* Professor Oak has Beldum, Dratini, and Larvitar because he will mention that he had ran out and he got some from Bill.
* The planned area accesable after end-game (So far given the working title of Challenge Mountain) has attracted trainers from the near-by Hoenn Region to Kanto. This explains why May, Brendan, and a few Hoenn gym leaders are there.
* Since there are no overworld sprites for Jirachi, Groudon, and the other legends that aren't included, I had the plot planned that they were sealed in stone and were only released when the Chosen One (thats the player) has proven himself of his title and found the stones. The Chosen One would then be able to free the legends and then tame them. I haven't planned how they got sealed though.

Music
Spoiler:

I wanted some custom themes in the game, so here is whats planned.
*Jungle Area of Brinstar theme from Super Metroid is set to replace the Mt.Moon theme.
*Bubbleman's theme from Megaman 2 is set to replace the Surfing theme.
*I have the Bloody Tears theme from Castlevania as a .s file, and I want it to be a battle theme, but I don't know where I should use it. It might replace the Gym Leader battle theme.
*I want to replace the biking theme with a song that plays in the Sonic games when you get a Speed Up Sneaker. I haven't chosen which theme would work though.
*Themes from Ruby and Sapphire are planned. Noteably the Legendary Battle themes applied to their respective legends and some trainer battle themes. I loved the music from R/S.
The next spoiler has a plot element in my hack. If you don't want to spoil it, then don't look at it.
Spoiler:

*The player will battle Dr.Wily in the games (thanks to rsball having the custom sprite of him, I just need to find a good pallet of him) and I plan the Final Battle theme from MM4 to play when you fight him.

Sprites
Spoiler:

*Now heres something I can do well! (sorta) I plan on converting some sprites from D/P (For Mewtwo, Dragonite, Metagross, Tyranitar, Gyarados, And the Three Beasts) to work in the 3rd gen came.

I have also started on Dragonite, but he needs work. BTW if Gyarados doesn't look familiar, its actually his HGSS sprite . He needs a lot of work, and Mewtwo needs a little work.
*I'm also replacing some sprites with some animation frames from Emerald. Beldum, the Kanto Eeveelutions, and Magmar are just a few of the Pokemon that are getting their sprite replaced with the Emerald Frame.
*Here's one thing that I haven't seen yet; Sprites from Pokemon Pinball Ruby and Sapphire! I looked at the game's sprite sheet at The Spriters Resource and I thought some of them looked great! Sadly, they were cropped in a box, but I salvaged the ones that were mostly complete (like two didn't have anything cutoff) and I reconstructed them! Here's a few!

They kinda look like they could use a tiny bit more polish, but I have other things to do. I'll probably make them look better later.
*I've also made two custom trainers, one where May is in a Bikini, and my Original Character, Baz! (He's an Original Character, not a Fan Character god damn I write original stories for him too)

Currently Baz hasn't had his colors altered. I plan on using the Fight Girl from FRLG for his colors, and replace instances with her with the Fight Girl from R/S. If May looks a bit different, its because I'm using the pallet of the Male Breeder from R/S, and had to alter her hair a bit to deal with it. I just found that there are two of the same sprite of May in the ROM, so I may just take a pre-existing copy of her edit that has the original pallet and replace that, or keep it there so I can make a second May edit if I feel like it.
*Of all these sprites, only Bikini May and Beldum have been added. Even with a guide I'm having issues with UNLZ.GBA.

To Do
Spoiler:

*Create rough versions of maps for the events with the remaining legends (I have some ideas)
*find out how to make Gym Leaders re-fightable after you are the champ, ala' Emerald, minus the part that when you refight them more, they get stronger. I want these extra battles to be able to be done as many times as a player wants.
*Change some text just to freshen the game up a bit.
*Also I made some text changes WAY back when I first started the game. I either thought about making the game with mature tones, or a joke hack, but those were shortly scrapped a LONG time ago. I think I need to go back and change those.
*Find out how to remove the code that releases a Legendary Beast based on your starter if I can. While the player may like having 2 of the same Beast, I think it would look more professional if I can remove that code.
*Make a final version of the edited title screen, and find out how I can insert it. Even though I have a clear idea on what I want for it, I just CAN'T seem to do it lol.
*Edit the Rival Battles so his starters correspond to the changed ones (check changes)
*Find and make a script that makes Oak give you to National Dex when he gives it to you for the first time. For testing purposes, currently the guy that says "Isn't technology great?" will give the NatDex to you.
*Edit almost all trainer battles to include some NatDex pokemon to advertise the new change
*Since I was reccomended to this site (http://sfc.pokemon-inside.net/lesson.php?id=13 for adding in music instead of replacing it, find out exactly what the hell that guide says, and how to do it in the first place. I need this so that way I can assign trainers new music.
*Find out how to add in sprites without replacing existing ones, and/or insert sprites when they don't share a pallet with an existing sprite.
*Find out a script that won't allow a player into a certain area until they get to be declared Champion.
*Try to remove the code that makes it so that Mew and Deoxys will obeyed when catch. In the game I have a plan for a special trainer to give you the Aurora Ticket to go catch Deoxys. I don't know if that would trigger the code to make Deoxys disobediant or not. Also find out if it is possible to have the other forms of the Deoxys in the game.

I need help with/would like people to assist me in this game by
Spoiler:

*Someone who I can go to that can help me make a script when I couldn't find what I needed. I won't bug them all the time thanks to all the scripts at this site.
*Perhaps someone skilled at making tilesets. I think I can get along just fine with the tiles in the game, but I might want them. This isn't nessesary until I do find a case where I want the tiles. I'll have a go at it first before I ask someone though.
*Possibly someone that can make the title screen. Its very simple yet I can't get a giant + symbol behind Charizard no matter how hard I try for no reason ;~;
*Someone skilled with UNLZ.GBA.
*Someone that knows how to edit the instruments in .mid files in case if a song sounds a bit off. I know that the .s file I have of Bloody Tears has a bit of a loud and monotone opening, but the rest of the song is just dandy. The other midis I plan to convert might not be so well though. Also Sappy crashes on me when it opens. If someone can open Sappy and play songs without crashing that can help.

Changes
Spoiler:

*The starters are now Dratini, Larvitar, and Beldum. Their movesets, stats, and other information have been changed to make them easier to use as starters. Why I did this? Because I thought it would be just really cool for a trainer to have a psuedo-legend when they fight the E4. I chose Beldum over Bagon because it would be stupid to have 2 dragon starters.
*I plan on changing more battles in the game to Double Battles, also to spice stuff up a bit. I felt that FireRed was lacking in Double Battles. Some gyms will be Double Battle gyms.
*Some friends (and kinda myself) wanted me to Dunsparce, Sneasle, and Farfetch'd more useful, so I boosted their base stats and changed their movesets. I hope nobody would be negative about it.
*Some Pokemon now learn moves via level up that they would have via Move Tutor in various games, like Alakazam now learns the 3 elemental punches.
*Most pokemon that evolve by trade now evolve by Level up, but a select few use items (epspecially those who evolve by holding item + trade).
*Eevee now evolves into Espeon via Sun Stone, and Umbreon via Moon Stone. Since so many more pokemon now evolve using the limited Sun and Moon stones, they are purchasable at the Celadon Market.
*You can use the same stone on an eeveelution to have it revert back into an Eevee, or just skip that part and use a new stone to evolve into a new form (Like using a Water Stone on Jolteon gets Vaporeon). I thought this was cool for players as they can make their ultimate Eeveelution.
*Various base stats of Pokemon have been slightly altered to my liking.
*Superpower gives PLUS attack and defense after each use. I may change that. I wanted Superpower to be a signature move of sorts for the fully evolved forms of the starters.
*I want the difficulty of the game to be higher since you get stronger starters. I don't know how to do that other than by raising levels.
*The wild pokemon now include non-Kanto pokemon in proper areas (Like you can get Sentrent, Taillow, and the like in the very early routes, and say Wurmple in Viridian Forest)
*The fully evolved forms of the Johto and Hoenn starters learn either Hydro Cannon, Frenzy Plant, or Blast Burn based on what type they have at level 100. The Move Tutor for these moves in FRLG would only teach these to the Kanto starters.

Additions
Spoiler:

*Areas that are like "homes" to pokemon of a certain type. Currently I have areas for Water, Fire, and Grass done. These areas can be found early in the game (In Viridian City when you head to the Indigo League building) and they have all the starters of that type from their generations. I made this so in case people got mad/sad/angry at not having the traditional starters available. These areas also have other Pokemon of those types. This may be the part where I need the new tiles, but I don't know still.
*I thought about adding in grass in the city that contain pokemon that correspond to the city's gym type, like Pewter City's grass has Rock Type pokemon. I want opinions on this first so if it isn't liked I can remove it.
*Stat areas so people can EV raise better.
*Asthetic changes to some of the Gyms to make them look fitting to the Gym Type (Like Pewter City's gym is made out of rocks and Cerulean City's gym is surrounded by a Pool)

Removals
Currently nothing in the game is removed yet. I probably will use the spare blank slots I'm not using, but if those run out, I'm not sure where I'd dip into in the maps. My only bets are possibly the Sevii Isles and the upper stairs of the Pokemon Center. I won't remove the upper stairs ONLY IF a ROM hack put on a flash cart could trade to other carts. I must know if it can do this, which is why I left this section unspoilered.

Currently working on
Spoiler:

*Some of the maps that I mentioned for the events.
*Sprucing up some sprites.
*Extracting sprites using UNLZ.GBA

Plans...?
Spoiler:

*I did mention that I want some of the Hoenn Gym Leaders to appear. The only ones I had plans for were the ones that shared a type with the Kanto leaders (which means Roxanne, Flannery, Wattson, Wallace, and Tate And Liza) to be in the Challenge Mountain. I have considered in the game to mention that Agatha and Blaine "Passed away" and Pheobe and Flannery took their places, but it would make the game seem like a sequal and stuff would be messed up.
*I gotta figure out what I'm gunna do with Latios and Latias.
*I originally considered making FRLG versions of G/S trainers, but I'll let that guy who is making ShinyGold take the credit. Too much work anyways.
*I might put in Team Magma and Team Aqua in the Challenge Mountain part, but I won't try to make a plot out of them. Maybe the trainer just happened to interfere with a plan of theres and you'd drive them out.
*There were some themes from the 4th gen games I really liked (such as the VS Frontier Brain and Battle Roulette theme) that I may consider adding in.
*I'll have to think of something when a player gets the fossil. Probably a guy asking if they got a Kabuto or an Omastar and giving the player the other. It'll be the players fault if they didn't answer honestly. But don't the 2 choice questions always do Yes/No?

Some scrap notes...
UNLZ.GBA
R/S/E trainers start at 1499, end at 1580
FRLG trainers start at 1581, end at 1646
R/S/E pokemon start at 1172, end at 1443
2013 is the Press Start part of the Title
FRLG Pokemon start at 668, end at 969
G/S/C Pokemon start at 970, end at 1169
Also in Advanced Map, starting at 140 for people sprites, you can see sprites for Mew, the Three Beasts, and Celebi as well as the other legends. Maybe I wouldn't have to use my plot idea for them.

The thread for my hack is here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=192355

Team Silvery Sparks:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5043741
Old August 25th, 2009 (08:28 PM).
Maybe she's born with it
Team Johto
Silver Tier

Nature: Naive
This seems really well planned and it seems good enough to be acknowledged as a new version well more than some who claim to be a new version but are the same.

I look forward to seeing progress in this.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old August 25th, 2009 (10:46 PM).
Memento Mori
Team Hoenn
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
This looks very well organized but...
I don't know if the Fire Red story will be enough for people to play this hack...
And by the way why don't ya put legendary OW from Hoenn to game? Why to seal 'em?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 26th, 2009 (12:27 PM).
Main creator of FireRed+
Team Kalos

Quote originally posted by rikudaman:
This seems really well planned and it seems good enough to be acknowledged as a new version well more than some who claim to be a new version but are the same.

I look forward to seeing progress in this.
Heh, thanks for that. In most everything I do the support helps drive me on. I was afraid at first when I read some comments that made it seem like people prefer new versions over updates, but thanks for clearing my mind up.
Quote originally posted by Ash493:
This looks very well organized but...
I don't know if the Fire Red story will be enough for people to play this hack...
And by the way why don't ya put legendary OW from Hoenn to game? Why to seal 'em?
Well first off, I really sorta suck at stories, and I don't know how I could edit the game to fit a story. I can't think of anything that isn't already done.
And for the second part, just today in school I was thinking that if I can rip the overworld sprites for the Hoenn legends that could work well, and I wouldn't have to make an sloppy plot addition that might seem half-assed. Yeah I guess I'll just rip them and find a way to add them in.

Anyways, now I have to find a good Hex Editing tool, make a Supporter and Team Member user bar (I suck at those, I must refer to a program for them lol. I could always try to make ones in a non-traditional style...), mess around a bit with ROM Hacker XP and fix my problem with updating to the newest version of AdvanceMap. Right now I am starting to convert some sprites from DP to FR and improve the ones that I already have done so for.

The thread for my hack is here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=192355

Team Silvery Sparks:
Old August 26th, 2009 (12:40 PM).
Pikachu's Beach. No Surfboard.
Team Kanto

Nature: Impish
This seems promising, I'm looking forward to raising a Beldum the easy way. But as people have said before, how about twisting up the plot a little? (Yes, May in Bikinis)

Old August 26th, 2009 (01:25 PM). Edited August 26th, 2009 by TehBazzard.
Main creator of FireRed+
Team Kalos

Quote originally posted by 5qwerty:
This seems promising, I'm looking forward to raising a Beldum the easy way. But as people have said before, how about twisting up the plot a little? (Yes, May in Bikinis)
Yeah I guess I will have to shake up the plot a bit. Probably with the whole Challenge Mountain thing going on that will give me an opportunity for that.
Also, that May comment you said is starting to make me want to include more fanservice. Damn, as much as I find many of the pokemon females to be sexy (May hits very high on that list), that will take a lot of thought from me if I want to do that lol.
I should go find me a Ruby ROM (and maybe even an Emerald ROM in case that has any extra goodies) so I can get the legends overworld sprites.
Anyways, for some reason the issue of available space is becoming concerning to me. I won't like having a limit to trainers and areas. I don't know exactly how much a .gba file can take before it stops running properly, but I was thinking about removing the ingame trades or the upstairs of the Pokemon Centers. I'll just see how stuff goes before I worry about it.
Also, since Charizard no longer has as much significance in the game (since Charmander isn't a starter anymore), I might have to change the title screen to feature a final form of a starter (or maybe make an entirely new one, as you will see).Also because Charizard is gone, the FireRed theme is lost, so I will have to come up with a new name, as much as I hate it. All I can think of is Pokemon: (subtitle that would mean that the game is improved) so yeah. However the game is still called FireRed+ until then.
Also, since you guys want to spruce up the plot, hows about giving me some suggestions?

Ok, so when I asked on how to assign trainers certain music (since no one has made a program that made this easy), I was reccomended to get a hex editor and go here: http://sfc.pokemon-inside.net/lesson.php?id=13. Well... I just can't understand it. I don't know where the hexes for the music should be, or just flat out I don't get it. I wish someone could do it for me, but that would be too generous of a person to do so. I need someone who has a firm understanding of hex and can help introduce me to hex editing. Being able to have more themes for Trainer Battles is pretty much a nessesity for my hack.

Team Silvery Sparks:
Old August 26th, 2009 (04:59 PM).
We'll practice like it's 1999!
Team Kanto

Nature: Relaxed
Hmm, well this is definitely better than most of the Fired minor hacks I've seen, but I think it should be more like the third game of the duo, and deeply addon to the story, like Platinum. The reason I say this is because no one will want to play the FR story unmodified just to get to the end to do more, but I will definitely try this hack when it's done, good luck :D.
Old August 26th, 2009 (05:04 PM).
Main creator of FireRed+
Team Kalos

Quote originally posted by machomuu:
Hmm, well this is definitely better than most of the Fired minor hacks I've seen, but I think it should be more like the third game of the duo, and deeply addon to the story, like Platinum. The reason I say this is because no one will want to play the FR story unmodified just to get to the end to do more, but I will definitely try this hack when it's done, good luck :D.
Hm... I never thought about it in your point of view. The only title I currently have in my mind is VictoryCrimson. The hack is still known as FireRed+ until I can reach an early alpha. I will have to think of ways for adding in a new story. I don't know how I can make a sub-plot that occurs in the middle of the plot like how Platinum did with Giratina and the Distortion World and stuff. A writer could help me in that aspect.
Well one thing I wanted to do with the hack is to add.... well more like reminese to the other pokemon games. I hope for at least 1 theme from each gen, so I can get a song from 4th gen and 2nd gen. I was considering Pokemon Colosseum/XD music.... maybe.
The only change I have made to reminese about the previous games was that in Viridian Forest, you can catch level 9 Pidgeottos. In Pokemon Yellow, to represent how Ash cought a Pidgeotto, they allowed players to catch level 9 Pidgeottos in the Viridian Forest. When I put it like this you can kinda see the gist of what I mean by reminese, right? BTW is reminese as in "To reference or look upon the past" spelled correctly?

Team Silvery Sparks:
Old August 26th, 2009 (05:08 PM).
Go, Missingno! Use- WTF BOOOOM
Team Unova

Nature: Lonely
Seems a good idea, and starting to look good.
If you go further with this, ill be happy to join.
Im disappointed from finding out my planned hack is already underway by someone else...

Looking great ;p

Sprites Traniers and Different Poses
Working On: Pokemon Shadow Gold

Currently Playing: Non-Saving Pkmn Blue
Currently Wishing For: Pkmn Red and Yellow
Currently Buying: A lazor
Old August 26th, 2009 (05:14 PM).
Main creator of FireRed+
Team Kalos

Quote originally posted by Lith:
Seems a good idea, and starting to look good.
If you go further with this, ill be happy to join.
Im disappointed from finding out my planned hack is already underway by someone else...

Looking great ;p
So you already had an idea on an expansion to FireRed right? Sure, if any people feel like that with my hack, I'd let anyone join the team. That way all the ideas we had can be put together.
Ok right now I am replacing the music for the Surfing and inside Mt.Moon. I already listed what songs they'd be replaced with.

Team Silvery Sparks:
Old August 26th, 2009 (05:28 PM).
Go, Missingno! Use- WTF BOOOOM
Team Unova

Nature: Lonely
Yea..
Here, I was bored.
He was going to be featured in my hack, but you can use him :D

Soz, if its blurry, ill change it later~

Sprites Traniers and Different Poses
Working On: Pokemon Shadow Gold

Currently Playing: Non-Saving Pkmn Blue
Currently Wishing For: Pkmn Red and Yellow
Currently Buying: A lazor
Old August 26th, 2009 (05:35 PM).
Main creator of FireRed+
Team Kalos

Quote originally posted by Lith:
Yea..
Here, I was bored.
He was going to be featured in my hack, but you can use him :D

Soz, if its blurry, ill change it later~
Yeah that is blurry lol. But of course you can be in my hack, as I was planning on a special room with trainers being the team in persona, so yeah you can totally be in the hack (as long as I figure out how to add images that don't share a pallet with a pre-existing sprite...)

Team Silvery Sparks:
Old August 26th, 2009 (05:55 PM).
I Wrote Holden Caulfield
Team Kanto

Nature: Calm
I am pretty skilled with unlz and know most if not all numbers. One of the only ones your scrap notes taught me iz the press start thing. I'd be more than willing to be an inserter for anything you want (picture-wise, ov course).
She's really up on things
Old August 26th, 2009 (05:59 PM). Edited August 26th, 2009 by TehBazzard.
Main creator of FireRed+
Team Kalos

Quote originally posted by TFIIB:
I am pretty skilled with unlz and know most if not all numbers. One of the only ones your scrap notes taught me iz the press start thing. I'd be more than willing to be an inserter for anything you want (picture-wise, ov course).
Sure, I'll keep you in mind if I need help with UNLZ.GBA.
Ok so I tested the .s files I had for Bubbleman's theme and Brinstar Jungle Area. I couldn't get the Brinstar Jungle theme to work, I assume too many tracks in the midi. Bubbleman's theme works, but it needs a bit of a fix in the beginning to sound good. This is where I am looking for help.
Anyways I'm now messing around with ROM Hacker XP.....which I can't seem to use properly. I mean it functions fine, I'm just wondering how can I get to use it to benefit my hack.
Anyways I managed to insert in Mewtwo's new sprite (I had to change all his black outlines to deepest purple because for some reason unlz.gba makes them transparent), Igglybuff, and Azumarill's animation frames. I'll get screencaps for them at least sometime sorta soon, but before I get caps, I want to at least show some of a decently changed map (Maybe a WIP version of Challenge Mountain) and stuff.

Team Silvery Sparks:
Old August 27th, 2009 (01:59 PM).
Main creator of FireRed+
Team Kalos

I should make a team. If anyone wants to join the team just PM me, how you want to help, what you can do, and we'll take it from there.

Team Silvery Sparks:
Old August 27th, 2009 (02:36 PM).
Likes to Hack Pokemon
Team Unova

Nice Job with this hack hope to get some more updates Wish you luck! Give you my full support!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 27th, 2009 (03:43 PM).
Main creator of FireRed+
Team Kalos

Quote originally posted by Hypershadow189:
Nice Job with this hack hope to get some more updates Wish you luck! Give you my full support!
The first Alpha will come out when I edit up to Vermillion City in case if anyone else is wondering. Thanks for the support.
Also, I have made a team now. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5043741. It isn't exclusively based on this hack, but if you would like to pitch a hand to my hack, I reccomend you join that team.

Team Silvery Sparks:
Old August 28th, 2009 (06:25 PM).
Likes to Hack Pokemon
Team Unova

cool again good luck on your hack
I wish you luck
I might join may or may not don't know yet
Still good luck with your team XD

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 28th, 2009 (06:27 PM).
Main creator of FireRed+
Team Kalos

Quote originally posted by Hypershadow189:
cool again good luck on your hack
I wish you luck
I might join may or may not don't know yet
Still good luck with your team XD
Thanks for the support. And take as much time as you want with deciding on being on the team!

Team Silvery Sparks:
Old August 28th, 2009 (06:33 PM).
Likes to Hack Pokemon
Team Unova

Quote originally posted by TehBazzard:
Thanks for the support. And take as much time as you want with deciding on being on the team!
Ok I 'm 65% to join 35% to not

Old August 28th, 2009 (07:02 PM).
Main creator of FireRed+
Team Kalos

Here is the supporter bar for those who would like it.

Team Silvery Sparks:
Old August 28th, 2009 (07:05 PM).
Likes to Hack Pokemon
Team Unova

Quote originally posted by TehBazzard:

Here is the supporter bar for those who would like it.
Nice I'll put it on my sig on Monday

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links