The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old August 26th, 2009, 06:44 AM
OperationEevee
OperationEevee FTW!

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OperationEevee

Introduction

Hey, my team wrote a story line for our upcoming hack, and I thought I'd share with the community, I hope you all like it.
Hack of: Ruby

Storyline

Your family moves to a new town called Pinegrove Town, a small town in the region of Eievus, because of your father's job as a Pokemon researcher. Your father goes into the nearby cave and finds an Eevee, a very special type of Pokemon, capable of evolving into many different Pokemon. This Pokemon is not very common in this Region. So, your father rushes home to show you the Pokemon. Your father comes bursting into the house, immediately he phones the town's professor. Professor IVY rushes to your house, excited to see the rare find. Your father calls you down from your room, you walk downstairs, wondering what he wants. You're astonished to see the professor in your living room. Your dad and professor Ivy talk for a long time, then they both approach you and ask if you will go on a journey. You accept and you recieve an Eevee from your dad and a Pokedex and 5 Pokeballs from the professor. After you start your journey you notice 2 shady looking characters standing in front of the cave.These guys are up to no good. Their plan is to capture all of the Eevee's in the region. You walk up to them and they challenge you to battle. When you beat them they run away. The professor comes over to you and asks if you're okay. When he leaves, you walk in the cave and notice 3 glowing stones. You choose one of those stones to evolve Eevee (or you can choose to keep Eevee and keep the stone for later.) When you pick up a stone the cave starts shaking. Goes into a cut scene of your character leaving the cave and it caves in.

After you leave the cave the entrance disappears and you turn to face the entrance. Meanwhile the professor and your father come to the cave to investigate the sudden earthquake and see you there. The professor explains to you that he put the stones in the cave and set a weight defense mechanism in case theives tried to take the stones, but in his old age forgot to set a failsafe switch to counter act the defense should he decide to move the stones himself. Shortly after a cop bumps into you and asks you about the shady characters. He explains that who you saw were two members of team Umbros, an organization set at making pokémon evil and taking over all of the Eievus region. Nearly 15 years ago they almost succeeded and it was your father that was part of the final battle to bring them down. They hadn't been heard of since and presumed permanently disbanded. (More to come later...dun dun dunnn..)

Features:
~New Region
~New Gyms/Badges
~New Characters (Trainers, Gym leaders, Elite four, etc)
~New Pokemon
~Possible new items
~Possible access to Johto or Kanto (haven't decided)
~New in-game music (battles, towns, titles, etc)
~Much, much more....

Credits:
~Iownurface - Storyline writer, mapper.
~LunarEclipse - Scripter, mapper
~ShadowLord - Storyline helper, lol and stuff
~Alucard_101 - Graphics designer and music composer, and mapper
~xKazo - Sprites and website manager, etc
~Everyone at PC who helped by giving support, thank you guys, you're all awesome <3

Screenshots:

Funda Town

Rolletta Town (8th gym)

Seashore City (1st gym)

OMG! :O A video demo of the alpha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy-UnFTT8wU

Download links:
Sorry, none for now, as we are still in early development. Check back later.

Hope you like the story so far. And keep an eye out! More pics and story updates coming.

Also, follow us http://www.twitter.com/opeev
and subscribe us http://www.youtube.com/OpEev

There are invisible text below. Try and read it if you can.

If you can see this, copy and paste into your signature. And message me so I know if you notice it. Now what are you waiting for??? DO IT!!!!!!!!!! This is by Pokestick and he commanded me to do this.

Last edited by OperationEevee; January 24th, 2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old August 26th, 2009, 06:46 AM
NatureKeeper
No longer active here.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NatureKeeper Send a message via Skype™ to NatureKeeper
Wow. Surprising that it is called Eivius with rare eeves.
It'a nice hack, but You must provide on what ROM is it done or else I'm afraid the Mods will close the thread which I don't really want to happen.
Old August 26th, 2009, 06:47 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
... The stones so early? So basically, you get an evolution right near the beginning. OK, that will be... Weird, and makes the game easier. I'd put that event a little later, not right near the beginning. What isn't explained is why are you going on a journey? And the basics of the story is fairly common - at a guess, beat the team? Either way, I will watch this, as... It has potential.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old August 26th, 2009, 06:53 AM
OperationEevee
OperationEevee FTW!

@Nature
I forgot to put that in xD. I'll edit it.

@Banjora
Remember this is in VERY early changes, and stuff can be changed. Now that I think of it though, you're right. The stones shouldn't be that early. But still, if you choose to use a stone, your pokemon is still level 5. But it just gives you more choices for a starter.

If you can see this, copy and paste into your signature. And message me so I know if you notice it. Now what are you waiting for??? DO IT!!!!!!!!!! This is by Pokestick and he commanded me to do this.
Old August 26th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Banjora Marxvile

Quote:
Originally Posted by OperationEevee View Post
@Banjora
Remember this is in VERY early changes, and stuff can be changed. Now that I think of it though, you're right. The stones shouldn't be that early. But still, if you choose to use a stone, your pokemon is still level 5. But it just gives you more choices for a starter.
You forget, when a pokemon evolves, it becomes more powerful. I'm not arguing about the level, but the stats and the significant gain in stats.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
As he spins the wheel

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
I'm on the rocks

Old August 26th, 2009, 07:11 AM
OperationEevee
OperationEevee FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjora Marxvile View Post

You forget, when a pokemon evolves, it becomes more powerful. I'm not arguing about the level, but the stats and the significant gain in stats.
Then maybe we can tweak some of the stats. We thought it was a good idea. In the first beta we'll see if the evolutions are too overpowering , and if they are in 2nd beta we will make major changes.

Old August 26th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Banjora Marxvile

Quote:
Then maybe we can tweak some of the stats. We thought it was a good idea. In the first beta we'll see if the evolutions are too overpowering , and if they are in 2nd beta we will make major changes.
Why tweak stats? Then the evos will be weaker than others in the long run. Why not just have the event occur after 1st gym, or wherever, where most starters actually evolve by then?

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
As he spins the wheel

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
I'm on the rocks

Old August 26th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Nice idea... I presume that those 3 stones will evolve Eevee into Vapor,Jolt and Flar -eon right?
But ya have to put more feature
The story (or should I say first chapter of your journey) looks good.
Good luck
Old August 26th, 2009, 07:30 AM
mervyn797
What? I'm right here. >D

it a long time since i found such a good story! i would like to help u with the hack!
Old August 26th, 2009, 07:43 AM
OperationEevee
OperationEevee FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjora Marxvile View Post

Why tweak stats? Then the evos will be weaker than others in the long run. Why not just have the event occur after 1st gym, or wherever, where most starters actually evolve by then?
We're remaking the whole game. We will be editing evo trees, pokemon stats, etc. in this game, Vaporeon, Flareon and Leafeon will be starter pokemon and will have the power of starter pokemon. Don't think of them as evos anymore, think of them as starter Pokemon. And we'll probably add evos to them. Like Flareon might evolve into a Pokemon we make up. This is our game, and it's going to be different than regular Pokemon. It's going to be a whole different time-line.

@mervyn797
Sorry, but another one of the members of our group asked for help. That was a mistake. Currently we are not looking for any more devs. We have 5 and I think more than 5 will just complicate things.

If you guys haven't noticed, I updated the Funda Town picture as the last one was a little messed. Now I just need to learn how to set doors and script some. I better go look for some tutorials.

Old August 26th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Banjora Marxvile

Quote:
We're remaking the whole game. We will be editing evo trees, pokemon stats, etc. in this game, Vaporeon, Flareon and Leafeon will be starter pokemon and will have the power of starter pokemon. Don't think of them as evos anymore, think of them as starter Pokemon. And we'll probably add evos to them. Like Flareon might evolve into a Pokemon we make up. This is our game, and it's going to be different than regular Pokemon. It's going to be a whole different time-line.
Ah, OK, now I got why you wanted to do that. Interesting, an evo of an Eeveelution. Good luck!

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
As he spins the wheel

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
I'm on the rocks

Old August 26th, 2009, 12:36 PM
OperationEevee
OperationEevee FTW!

Please follow us on twitter to get updates: www.twitter.com/opeev
thanks

Old August 27th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Ven
Tyrian

*headdesk*
Honestly,alright first, no originality whatsoever, the storyline is....very very bland.
What you have there is not a storyline, it's how you get an eevee.
Also, wow shady characters, that's so groundbreaking.
It really doesn't look like you've added any thought into this, it's the exact same thing as almost every other hack in the scrapbox.
You're map is square, empty, boring, and it's uneadedly big.
Why do people assume that bigger is always better? News flash, it's not.
It's a map with two houses and a puddle, and incredibly square trees, a five second mountain and grass, the biggest no no for towns.
To put it blantley, there is nothing you could do to that map to make it worse.
Please, learn how to map better, learn new hacking skills, learn to script, and read some stories from some of the better hacks on the board.
Sorry if I touched a nerve, but I just don't want to see more mediocre hacks here.
Old August 27th, 2009, 07:24 AM
OperationEevee
OperationEevee FTW!

Quote:
Honestly,alright first, no originality whatsoever, the storyline is....very very bland.
What you have there is not a storyline, it's how you get an eevee.
Yeah, it's called a beginning. Smartass.

Quote:
It really doesn't look like you've added any thought into this, it's the exact same thing as almost every other hack in the scrapbox.
Yeah, it's Pokemon. OF COURSE it's going to have a lot of similarities. You really don't think this through, do you?

Quote:
You're map is square, empty, boring, and it's uneadedly big. Why do people assume that bigger is always better? News flash, it's not.
Actually, once the people are added, it's quite a small map. Stop thinking you know everything.

Quote:
It's a map with two houses and a puddle, and incredibly square trees, a five second mountain and grass, the biggest no no for towns.
Yeah, it's just an idea. That's not the "official" Funda Town. It was made just as a test map really. It obviously needs a few things. Also, you're the first one to complain about this.

Quote:
To put it blantley, there is nothing you could do to that map to make it worse.
Actually, if you must know, there is a LOT of ways to make ti worse. Especially that being my first "from scratch" map.

Quote:
Sorry if I touched a nerve, but I just don't want to see more mediocre hacks here.
I don't know if you realize this, but we're hacking for OUR benefit. Not YOURS. We're taking OUR spare time to do something WE like. Not to please you.

Last edited by OperationEevee; August 27th, 2009 at 07:45 AM.
Old August 27th, 2009, 08:45 AM
SharpPoint
Suicune used Surf!

Nature: Adamant
What kind of sick cruel person would operate on an Eevee? Oh and you should re-map Funda Town...........from scratch.

Last edited by SharpPoint; August 27th, 2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old August 27th, 2009, 09:30 AM
OperationEevee
OperationEevee FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpPoint View Post
What kind of sick cruel person would operation on an Eevee? Oh and you should re-map Funda Town...........from scratch.
Operate*

And why? It's a starter town for god sakes. They don't usually have much in them.

Old August 27th, 2009, 09:40 AM
SharpPoint
Suicune used Surf!

Quote:
Operate*

And why? It's a starter town for god sakes. They don't usually have much in them.
Yeah I meant to say operate.

That town has 1 lab, (Assuming) the starter house and a cave. Oh and don't forget the mysterious pond with huge rocks in the middle. All I'm saying is it's a bit empty. Also, the borders on the right are passable.
Old August 27th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Banjora Marxvile

Quote:
Yeah I meant to say operate

That town has 1 lab, (Assuming) the starter house and a cave. Oh and don't forget the mysterious pond with huge rocks in the middle. All I'm saying is it's a bit empty. Also, the borders on the right are passable.
But you cannot walk on the Border, so it isn't too bad. Only the top of the map needs fixing for the Border to match. But the Starter Town needs work, I do admit that. It needs to look natural, not just a square shape pattern of trees, and the square puddle needs a more natural shape. Also, 1 more building will not hurt, and not around the edge of the Town, but in the inside somewhere. It has too much Free Space for me. The mountain cave is also squarish, and will cause a border error..

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
As he spins the wheel

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
I'm on the rocks

Old August 27th, 2009, 09:46 AM
SharpPoint
Suicune used Surf!

I know you can't walk pass the boundaries of the map but the actual trees on the right are passable. Basically, he tried to make a barrier, but the tips of the trees are passable with the hero's sprite under it, if i'm not mistaken.

Also, you shouldn't have grass on the starter town. Scratch that, you shouldn't have grass in any town.
Old August 27th, 2009, 09:51 AM
OperationEevee
OperationEevee FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpPoint View Post
I know you can't walk pass the boundaries of the map but the actual trees on the right are passable. Basically, he tried to make a barrier, but the tips of the trees are passable with the hero's sprite under it, if i'm not mistaken.

Also, you shouldn't have grass on the starter town. Scratch that, you shouldn't have grass in any town.
I set the trees to unpassable =/ And the grass doesn't contain any Pokemon.

Thanks for the advice. See, things like that I can work with. Not just "oh this sucks." Aha.
I'll try my hand at a new map, see how that turns out.

Old August 27th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Banjora Marxvile

Quote:
I set the trees to unpassable =/ And the grass doesn't contain any Pokemon.

Thanks for the advice. See, things like that I can work with. Not just "oh this sucks." Aha.
I'll try my hand at a new map, see how that turns out.
It looks wrong, having trees with a gap not passable. Why didn't you use the tile that show the treetop overlapping the tree trunk? Long grass in a tow/city/village also looks kinda wrong, as... Well, it just is... I dunno why.

Anyway, I hope it goes well.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
As he spins the wheel

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
I'm on the rocks

Old August 27th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Ven
Tyrian

Quote:
Yeah, it's called a beginning. Smartass.
Are you serious?
Storyline;a detailed description of the plot of a motion picture, TV series, etc., for use by writers, producers, prospective investors
How in hell is that a storyline? What are the Evil teams plans?
"If I told you that then it would be spoiled"
I really don't know how anyone can be excited about a game that has the same storyline as every other game except with a different "beginning".

Quote:
Yeah, it's Pokemon. OF COURSE it's going to have a lot of similarities. You really don't think this through, do you?
THEN WHY will anyone want to play it?
If it's the same as every other hack, why not play the other ones?

Quote:
Actually, once the people are added, it's quite a small map. Stop thinking you know everything.
How many people are you going to be adding to that gaping hole of emptiness?
How many people can a town with 1 house have?

Quote:
Yeah, it's just an idea. That's not the "official" Funda Town. It was made just as a test map really. It obviously needs a few things. Also, you're the first one to complain about this.
What is there to test? Admit it, it's a bad map that was made in 3 minutes, by you thinking you were the ultimate hacker.
Yes I was the first one, but I'm not the last one.

Quote:
Actually, if you must know, there is a LOT of ways to make ti worse. Especially that being my first "from scratch" map.
Right there, you proved my point.
Please, don't attempt a hack before you have a bit of experience and practice.

Quote:
I don't know if you realize this, but we're hacking for OUR benefit. Not YOURS. We're taking OUR spare time to do something WE like. Not to please you.
I don't know if you've realized this, but I'm the only one on the thread that has spoken honestly.

Last edited by Ven; August 27th, 2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old August 27th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Banjora Marxvile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ven View Post
I don't know if you've realized this, but I'm the only one on the thread that has spoken honestly.
If someone else were to come here and critique it, lets say Vrai, he would say way worse things then me.
I'm trying to help you make your Hack better.

Actually, if you want post your map on the map rating thread.
I have been honest as well. I said what I thought, and also, been NICE. You can be nice, and give good info. If you are nice, people learn more tan if you constantly annoy them with being nasty for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON.

Anyway, I would look at the story, it is a little short, and could be improved, by adding a gripping storym such as why was the Eevee there, why must you go on a journey. If people are negative, hold your head up high, and try to prove them wrong.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
As he spins the wheel

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
I'm on the rocks

Old August 27th, 2009, 01:02 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Wow, an Eevee hack? You don't see too many of these. Well good luck because me loves teh Eevees :D.
Old August 27th, 2009, 01:08 PM
SharpPoint
Suicune used Surf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ven View Post
I agreed with pretty much everything you said up to there. I was being honest. Just because I said it in a nicer manner does not mean I'm holding back anything. There was nothing to hold back. I said everything that I felt was needed to say.

Although, I do agree strongly that I don't want to see anymore bad hacks. Not saying this is/will be one. It's just, too many hacks from inexperienced people are started and close to none are completed.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links