The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Reload this Page How long have you been playing for?

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central

Old 4 Days Ago (2:30 PM).
The Sky's The Limit
Silver Tier

Nature: Adamant
Whether you're an old fan from the 90s, or a new fan that's recently started playing because of X and Y, we all share a passion for the Pokemon series. So how long have you guys been playing the games for? And what keeps you playing today?

Personally, I started playing when FireRed was released so about 12 years ago now, it's crazy to think that FR is that old and yet I can play it time and time again without getting bored. I think the main reason I still play Pokemon today is down to the replay-ability of the games, I love exploring the Pokemon world and completing the games each time with a different team sure is fun, not to mention the games today are still amazing and I think Game Freak deserve a lot of credit.

So, how about you guys?

Relevant Advertising!

Old 4 Days Ago (2:51 PM).
New PokeTuber

Nature: Relaxed
My first game was Stadium in like 1999 or 2000, so I've been playing a really long time! My first main series game was Crystal, which I played via the Transfer Pak in Stadium 2. Dang, I feel old.
Old 4 Days Ago (2:57 PM).
The Sky's The Limit
Silver Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudealmighty View Post
My first game was Stadium in like 1999 or 2000, so I've been playing a really long time! My first main series game was Crystal, which I played via the Transfer Pak in Stadium 2. Dang, I feel old.
Nice! Crystal was such a good game and Pokemon Stadium gave something new to the fans, do you still play the recent games?
Old 4 Days Ago (3:07 PM).
New PokeTuber

Definitely! Patiently waiting for Sun and Moon. I would die if a Stadium 3 ever happened.

I agree with what you said about how replayable Pokemon is. The games age so well, even the very first generation is still good. (As we saw back in February)
Old 4 Days Ago (3:33 PM).
The kind that needs to be MUZZLED?
Crystal TierEO

Nature: Modest
The first series game I played was Blue all the way back in 1999 on its EU release.

Blimey...17 years. Huh.
Old 4 Days Ago (7:50 PM).
Welcome of what's left to the COG

Nature: Bashful
Give me around the first generation, which i got the Red version while a friend of mine got Blue. I played the main series games for quiet a while, keeping up with the releases, with the 4th and 5th gen being my favorite gens since thats when i started to battle competitively or at least get the hang of it. So call me an old timer with the Pokemon games, though my competitive battling skills have far fallen off so anyone could easily beat the sh*t out of me if i were to be invited even just for fun.
Old 4 Days Ago (11:13 PM).
Chocolate Witch

Nature: Timid
My first Pokemon game was LeafGreen, I really enjoyed it. I can explain why I still playing these games, It's just that I love capturing and training, and the pokemons are so cute, it gives me a good sensation while playing, the music, the graphics, its atmosphere... I'm sure I will still playing pokemon for a long time.
Old 4 Days Ago (12:44 AM).

I starting playing when Pokemon red came out. I played that for about 2 years then I played the yellow and then picked it up a few years later.

Now I am a full time pokemon go player lol and even starting playing pokemon red again which is probably my favourite game ever!!
Old 4 Days Ago (2:13 AM).
Shiny Collector

Nature: Quiet
I liked the Pokemon anime since 1999, but I never played any game until 2005. My first game was LeafGreen.
Old 4 Days Ago (2:26 AM).
The Sky's The Limit
Silver Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccia View Post
My first Pokemon game was LeafGreen, I really enjoyed it. I can explain why I still playing these games, It's just that I love capturing and training, and the pokemons are so cute, it gives me a good sensation while playing, the music, the graphics, its atmosphere... I'm sure I will still playing pokemon for a long time.
I feel exactly the same

There's just a special feeling about playing a Pokemon game that can't be replicated by anything else.
Old 4 Days Ago (4:51 AM).

I started with Red/Blue/Yellow around like 1998 or so (it wasn't the first year it was released in NA but it was around there somewhere) so it's like.....17-18 years now?
Old 4 Days Ago (6:47 AM).
Misunderstood, Unfulfilled Potential...

Nature: Naughty
I started with Pokemon Yellow and quickly obtained Pokemon Crystal aswell, I think I would've been around 6-7 at the time? 2001/02? I'm not 100% sure to be honest. But since then, I've never missed a generation, and I don't think I ever will. Just now I'm getting my old game boy advanced out so I can run through FireRed and LeafGreen again

"Just because you have the most talent, doesn't mean you are the greatest"
Old 4 Days Ago (9:22 AM).
Sharp blade, Sharp mind

Nature: Modest
I'm a Sinnoh kid, being in my mid-teens now. Diamond was my first game, LeafGreen my second (fabulous AI and all), Platinum and HeartGold (the best game in the series) not too far behind. I am still here for many reasons. I enjoy the competitive aspect of the game now, but for a long time it was the TCG that kept me in it.

PO/PS: ddrox13 | IGN: Dylan/Inigo
Challenge Hall of Fame: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9068028#post9068028
PokéCommunity Daily: "Hax and Luck in Pokémon Battling"
Random Battle Server Quote:
Serrаh: THERE WAS A DEWGONG AND IT DISAPPEARED
@Syndrome: I guess you couldsay its Dewgone
Syndrome was kicked by Postcаrds.
Old 4 Days Ago (11:27 AM).
Molly, you are so adorable! ♥

I started out playing Pokémon games once I got Yellow for Christmas in 1999. I was kind of reluctant (you know how I am about gifts) at first, but once I loaded the Game Pak into my Game Boy Color, I was hooked instantly. However, I kind of lost interest in the games, not having gotten a Game Boy Advance for Generation III, and, after trading in my Generation I and II games in early 2006, only got back into Pokémon gaming on an actual Nintendo handheld when I got my 2DS and Alpha Sapphire (both used) back in January 2015. Even at that, though, I haven't played AS, Y, or even the Virtual Console re-releases of R/B/Y (which of course I had to get because I wanted to relive the memories of Generation I) much in the past few months, as I've had other things to do. Maybe in the fall, when the weather gets cold and I'm unable to take walks as much, I'll be playing more, and am hoping to get Sun or Moon after it comes out.
Old 4 Days Ago (1:19 PM).
#TeamMystic
ModeratorCS

Nature: Bold
I've been a fan for about 12 or 13 years I'd imagine. It's not as long as some people but it's pretty big for me. I have never looked back and my interest has never seriously dipped either. 8)
Old 3 Days Ago (2:22 PM).
Platinum Tier

I've played since Blue released back in 1999 and been a fan ever since. That would make it around 17 years now and I still feel the same about the series as I did back then. (:
Old 3 Days Ago (3:17 PM).

Nature: Quirky
I started with Stadium and Gold in fifth grade... so around 2000/2001. I did watch a few episodes of the anime before that though. I remember being super disappointed when Ruby and Sapphire had almost nothing to do after the Elite Four.

I temporarily stopped playing Pokemon between 2006-2010 because I thought I was "too old" to still be playing it, and I'd quit watching the anime regularly after they replaced Misty with May and Max. I didn't play Diamond until last year. I started playing again during college when HG/SS was released. Unfortunately, I've since lost my copy of HG, and it's too expensive to replace it.
Old 3 Days Ago (3:54 PM).

I was interested in Pokemon when it first came out ie I bought card packs, played some of Yellow and Crystal, watched the anime, bought plush and tomy figures, saw the movies. But I was never really into Pokemon or the games until around 2012 when I went back and finished my original playthroughs of both Yellow and Crystal.

The main thing that got me interested in Pokemon again was the full arts in the sets. I discovered them on Youtube in 2013. I stopped buying the cards about 10 years earlier, as well as stopped buying the games and watching the anime/movies. For a few reasons, i didn't like the e-series design, hated the new voice actors, didn't want to buy a ds. After that I bought a 3DS for the first time and Black 2 and Y. I now finished Y in record time, only 3 years. As opposed to Yellow which took 13.
Old 3 Days Ago (3:08 AM).
The Sky's The Limit
Silver Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maserati777 View Post
After that I bought a 3DS for the first time and Black 2 and Y. I now finished Y in record time, only 3 years. As opposed to Yellow which took 13.
Dang 13 years to complete Yellow, some people I know aren't even that old

Are you going to be buying Sun and Moon?
Old 3 Days Ago (7:56 AM).
Platinum Tier

Nature: Lax
I first started with Diamond 9 years ago... not as much as some but it feels crazy knowing I've been playing these games for half my life.
Old 3 Days Ago (11:20 AM).
Radiant Cool Boy
Crystal Tier

Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to thedestinedblade
Red/Blue came out late '98, and that's pretty much how long I've been playing. It's coming up on 18 years already, which is hard to believe. I remember the craze during my elementary/middle school days. (good times) My love for the franchise has never really dwindled in all the time either.
Old 3 Days Ago (12:25 PM).
✿ Flower Child ✿

Nature: Calm
I have played the game since they were first released in 1998. I was five years old. So....18 years. O_O'

Old 2 Days Ago (7:26 PM).
#TeamMystic
ModeratorCS

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
I first started with Diamond 9 years ago... not as much as some but it feels crazy knowing I've been playing these games for half my life.
I don't know many people who started with Diamond! That's pretty cool. 8)
Old 2 Days Ago (3:29 AM).

Nature: Jolly
Pokemon Yellow was the first one I owned and played. Although not long after that my cousin gave me his copy of Pokemon Blue. (and I eventually had Red too but I can't remember how I got it)

Honestly I don't really remember much about what happened when I was playing these games. Obviously I loved them enough to keep playing though.
Old 1 Day Ago (2:07 AM).
Last Shadow

Nature: Docile
Started when I was just 9 or 10 when I got my first GB and gold, didn't finish it in time

munsna: starrywindy
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links