Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 12th, 2006 (06:34 AM).
Lucario
Aura Guardian

Oh, could i join? I've been looking for shinies for two years, all i have is a crobat, but i'm searching for a spinda right this very minute.
Old March 12th, 2006 (08:19 AM).
ryan
Elite Four

Send a message via AIM to ryan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ryan Send a message via Yahoo to ryan
Aye! Welcome to the SHC, Lucario!
I was up 'til like 1 15 last night shiny hunting, but... I've got nothing... I might focus on completing my Hoenn dex for a while so I can set myself up for the acquiring of a shiny Totodile. WOooOoOOoo!
Old March 12th, 2006 (08:47 AM).
shido
Blood Sucker

hey can u still encounter shinnies if you have max time ? cuz i have 999:59 on my lg and i dont want to keep lookin when i should restart ....

stupid berry glitch on ruby made me soooooo mad i thought my game was jus broken .... thats why i have two rubys !!!!!
Old March 12th, 2006 (10:18 AM).
Feraligatr master
Im British you know!

Nature: Naive
Impresive game time shido its legendary kinda.

anyway no luck with my targets good luck everyone.
The Ruby Destiny Trilogy
Pokemon Light Platinum
Old March 12th, 2006 (05:04 PM).
Agent9
You could care less....

Yeah! Realgam Tower all over again! I'll try and see if i can catch all the shadow pokemon in shiny form. I'll be aiming for this goal for 5 years.
Old March 12th, 2006 (06:04 PM). Edited March 12th, 2006 by MetalMario.
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Yay, the forums are working again!

Quote originally posted by shido:
hey can u still encounter shinnies if you have max time ? cuz i have 999:59 on my lg and i dont want to keep lookin when i should restart ....

stupid berry glitch on ruby made me soooooo mad i thought my game was jus broken .... thats why i have two rubys !!!!!
Yes, you can find shinies after 999 hours. At least I would expect so. The only way the shiny odds/formula could get messed up is if the RNG breaks after a specific gameplay time, which I don't think it does. This would be accompanied by a bunch of other glitches, like every poke you battle is the same no matter what. I'm pretty sure GF wouldn't let something like THAT slip past...

I really should try to add some more First-gen, Kanto shinies to my collection. I only have one in comparison to four secon-gen and five third-gen shinies. Kinda misbalanced considering there are 151 first-gens, 100 second-gens, and 135 third-gens. @.@

Edit: Therefore, I'm looking in the Cerulean Cave and Berry Forest for random shinies. Preferably Drowzee (Berry Forest) or pretty much anything besides Parasect from the Cerulean Cave.

What is up with the Cerulean Cave, anyway? What are those totally random pokes doing in this creepily inaccessible cave, and how did they become so strong? And what do they eat? (Maybe that explains how they got so strong... @.@)

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old March 12th, 2006 (06:32 PM).
Haunter Master
Yveltal Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
still lookin for ralts and poocheyena in my new emerald nuthin so far
Old March 12th, 2006 (07:03 PM).
Shiny Shuckle
Shiny Hunter

found my fr and have now started but i am going slowly becuase i am training but i dont care when a shiny comes up except i want it to be the dog or before i get the dog

FR update
passed brock and i am at Mt.moon

shinys obtained on GTS:
thanks to Metal Mario for the SHC card
Old March 13th, 2006 (01:56 AM).
Haunter Master
Yveltal Fan
Community Supporter

Up date found poocheyena forgot to buy pokeballs im retarded
Old March 13th, 2006 (05:09 AM). Edited March 13th, 2006 by Crytuf.
Crytuf
Dark Dragon Trainer

well brothers and sisters in arms, i am reporting in, i am currently in the state of depression that comes with any avid shiney hunt...

this weekend i set in my mind that i WOULD HAVE a shiny magikarp by monday...

i took a lvl 21 illumise, my lvl 25 rattata, my lvl 100 meowth, and my surfer thingy... and set out in sootropolis... i used sweet scent and killed the stupid karps...

well, my illumise is now lvl 45 and my rattata is lvl 80...

i spent fourty hours hunting ...

at 30 seconds a pop... my calcs say that 60min/hour x 2per min x 40hours = 4,800
this makes me sad... so yeah no shiney...

>.<

/edit

happy 17th

and congrats to all of you that had sucess.
Old March 13th, 2006 (08:13 AM).
shido
Blood Sucker

blegh crytuf trust me it is depressing the first shiny i ever got in this gen of games ( ruby sap lg fr em) was a numel and i had 500+ hours and had been ev training horseas into seadras and it went like this

- breed 13 boxes of horsea find all modest ( maybe mild lol ) then check ivs take the top three to numel patch above the daycare and ev train untill lv 40 seadra then rebreed the top one or two -

i repeated this process for about six generations you do the math lol its too much but figure the time of filling the boxes , hatching then training to lv 40 on lv 16 -18 numels and occasional machop...... took FOREVER

but on the up side while ev training on lg i found a shiny dunsparce ( was trainign hp) and i found it when i was finishing my hp training so i then went to fight slugmas and within the half hour after fighting dunsparce i found a shiny slugma

moral - dont quit ! lol and good luck
Old March 13th, 2006 (08:19 AM).
Feraligatr master
Im British you know!

Nature: Naive
Wow two shinys in Lg in under 30 mins hard to belive but im not suspecting anyone,did you catch them and also i think MM's speech about Game freak is becoming a monstorus reality on shido's leaf green *faints*

anyway no luck with me and good luck to all who huint for shinys including Non shc memebers That means you geasts out there. bye everyone good luck
The Ruby Destiny Trilogy
Pokemon Light Platinum
Old March 13th, 2006 (08:53 AM). Edited March 13th, 2006 by smithy.boy.
smithy.boy
Hack and PKMN egg farmer

i havent been here in agos infact months...i am a member though.
whats up everybody, if you don't know i got a shiny hiaryama in on my 15th hour of playing ruby. I got a shiny golbat on my 30th then evolved it now it looks skinned. OMG suicune, that must of been hard...im takin it this was XD or colosseum, i never knew you can get shinies on them. Suicune onleaf green and fire red can run away can't they, thats my challenge

I all of a sudden started to like Magscargo, I'm going to start slugma hunting later. I can't wait untill pokemon diamond and pearl are out, it would make it so easy to get shinies off other people and we can see whos lying about whos got what. Well i might find a shiny sometime as i might start EV training.

>>>>>>>Offtopic: Anyone get a celebi from nintendo across america, im interested.
also offtopic: Ive nearly finishwed hoenn dex, i need lunatone, wigglytuff, huntail and goreabyss. Ive lost my deapsea tooth but im getting a lunatone fomr my friend with a moon stone. (that solves two of them)

TARGETS:
SLugma/Magscargo
Rayquaza on my emerald

QUESTION:
If i've seen latios or latios (non shiny) and i fight them abit before they runs away, after that is it possible to ever be shiny or has the game fixed it stats etc.

.....POKEMON NAVI NETWORK....
Preveiws on my site

Wii are not happy! Change the name nintendo

Also in construction...
Pokemon Golden Ruby...Set in Johto and Jamso, a new adventure, old friends, new friends, familiar storyline, new ideas, extra olaces, New and improved...more fun
Both games on hold for now
Old March 13th, 2006 (10:26 AM).
Crytuf
Dark Dragon Trainer

ugh, another four hours in classes...

still no go >.<

the other ones only took me like eight to ten hours apiece... this is slightly rediculouse...

why do i do this again?
Old March 13th, 2006 (10:39 AM).
BG pokemon freak
Has 6 Shiny pokemon ... YAY

congrats feraligatr master !!!
I haven't had any !!!
Old March 13th, 2006 (11:32 AM). Edited March 13th, 2006 by MetalMario.
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Quote originally posted by smithy.boy:
i havent been here in agos infact months...i am a member though.
whats up everybody, if you don't know i got a shiny hiaryama in on my 15th hour of playing ruby. I got a shiny golbat on my 30th then evolved it now it looks skinned. OMG suicune, that must of been hard...im takin it this was XD or colosseum, i never knew you can get shinies on them. Suicune onleaf green and fire red can run away can't they, thats my challenge

I all of a sudden started to like Magscargo, I'm going to start slugma hunting later. I can't wait untill pokemon diamond and pearl are out, it would make it so easy to get shinies off other people and we can see whos lying about whos got what. Well i might find a shiny sometime as i might start EV training.

>>>>>>>Offtopic: Anyone get a celebi from nintendo across america, im interested.
also offtopic: Ive nearly finishwed hoenn dex, i need lunatone, wigglytuff, huntail and goreabyss. Ive lost my deapsea tooth but im getting a lunatone fomr my friend with a moon stone. (that solves two of them)

TARGETS:
SLugma/Magscargo
Rayquaza on my emerald

QUESTION:
If i've seen latios or latios (non shiny) and i fight them abit before they runs away, after that is it possible to ever be shiny or has the game fixed it stats etc.
SMITHY BOY!! *glomps* You gave me like my first rep point ever at PC!

The stats of the Lati@s are determined when you watch the TV broadcast, even if you haven't seen them yet, so if you want to get them as shiny, you'll need to save before you watch the broadcast and be incomprehensibly patient (which Aaryn's doing), or be stupidly lucky and get yours shiny the first try. The same rule applies to the FR/LG Catdogs, but I'm not so sure just when their stats are determined. Sometime before you can see them, for sure.

Edit: Here's hoping my new profile pic helps me find that elusive disco snake. (It was previously, and for the past half-year, a ... shiny Swablu. XD! I drew the Swablu in an IM conversation with Lord Jaws. We were randomly drawing shinies.)

osu!
stream
github
Old March 13th, 2006 (01:37 PM).
shido
Blood Sucker

feraligatr master i caught them but that was last year i never go anywhere without atleast 200 pokeball ( of any kind) jus incase

but that nintendo across america is bothering me i dont know the tour dates so i hope it hasnt passed me in ny tho of course i do have the pk center ... but im going to bring my new ruby and just keep getting deoxys and celebis untill i get one shiny ( while trading the extras to my other versions) tho i already have celebi and deoxys

i also heard there is a battle tourn so now im freakin out that i should be traing a competitive team instead of shiny huntin , any advice ( can always encounter a shiny while breedin and ev training )

i also think i might restart my lg the paranoia of not being able to get shinny is sinking in lol but i still have time to run across one while im ev training to ~crosses fingers~ lets hope a shiny appears and saves my file from deletion
Old March 13th, 2006 (02:58 PM).
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

LDD's update:

Friend's Sapphire - 55 Surskit, yes I hit the mid-point! Only a matter of time now.

My Emerald - Haven't been playing. *sweatdrop*

My Leaf Green - Couldn't stand only running into Hoppip after Hoppip, so I am now right below the town on Seven Island, and hoping for a shiny Sentret or Spearow.

CONGRADULATIONS on the Suicune feraligatr master!

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old March 13th, 2006 (03:35 PM).
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Okay, I'm working on a little something special, and I need the other (co)owners to do me a favour: What shiny Pokémon suits you the best? You don't need to own it or be looking for it, though that helps. Regular members, you can respond, too, since I'll eventually get to you.

osu!
stream
github
Old March 13th, 2006 (03:47 PM).
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

That's easy, I'm an ABSOL.

EDIT: 57 Surskit.

QUESTION: If the fake pokemon (Powereon) in my avitar were shiny, what color would it be?

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old March 13th, 2006 (04:02 PM). Edited March 13th, 2006 by shido.
shido
Blood Sucker

HOUNDOOM hands dowm lol besides the fact that he is my fav pkmn at teh moment

everytime i send out mine in battle ( finall got max sp att stat perfect 350 WOOT ) every single person says sumn like " go figure " or " im not surprised you use a pkmn like houndoom " and my best friend hates houndoom becuz it reminds him of me ( and hes obsesed with fire types)

so yeah houndoom ( shiny houndoom is my dream cuz its blue and i love water types lol i know im weird but yeah )

my gf wants me to say taht i have other fav pkmn and not to abadon them so heres the list

marowak , scyther , scizzor , suicune , eevee , vaporeon , mudkip , swampert , sandshrew , vulpix , ninetales , horsea , seadra , swellow , pidgeot ,mankey , primeape , squirtle , lapras , ampharos , gligar , steelix , sneasel , caterpie ,

and thats the list lol if i forgot any im sure you dont mind lol least my gf is happy now ...
Old March 13th, 2006 (04:27 PM).
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Quote originally posted by Lady Demoonica Darkmoon:
QUESTION: If the fake pokemon (Powereon) in my avitar were shiny, what color would it be?
Probably gold. That or the same colour, only pale. (eww) That's judging by trends. Think Lickitung, Luvdisc, Gorebyss, Exeggcute, ...)

Quote originally posted by shido:
HOUNDOOM hands dowm lol besides the fact that he is my fav pkmn at teh moment

everytime i send out mine in battle ( finall got max sp att stat perfect 350 WOOT ) every single person says sumn like " go figure " or " im not surprised you use a pkmn like houndoom " and my best friend hates houndoom becuz it reminds him of me ( and hes obsesed with fire types)

so yeah houndoom ( shiny houndoom is my dream cuz its blue and i love water types lol i know im weird but yeah )

my gf wants me to say taht i have other fav pkmn and not to abadon them so heres the list

marowak , scyther , scizzor , suicune , eevee , vaporeon , mudkip , swampert , sandshrew , vulpix , ninetales , horsea , seadra , swellow , pidgeot ,mankey , primeape , squirtle , lapras , ampharos , gligar , steelix , sneasel , caterpie ,

and thats the list lol if i forgot any im sure you dont mind lol least my gf is happy now ...
Only one. Favourite shiny. I'll also not be able to include all the owners/co-owners due to constraints.

osu!
stream
github
Old March 13th, 2006 (04:35 PM). Edited March 13th, 2006 by shido.
shido
Blood Sucker

omg favorite shinny !!!! thats a whole other ball park ..... ~.~ << (hates being indecisive ) ...... um ill get back to you in one moment .... ~ runs to serebii to check shiny sprites ~

why does everyoen of my frilling water types have to be pink shiny lol not that it matters houndoom .

still looks wicked awesome blue or black so yeah houndoom for me
Old March 13th, 2006 (05:05 PM).
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Okay, here's a taste:

It's another attempt at a club banner. This one's for the founders/co-owners. I'll see how things go, then finish it and make a regular member version.

osu!
stream
github
Old March 13th, 2006 (08:46 PM).
ryan
Elite Four

Send a message via AIM to ryan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ryan Send a message via Yahoo to ryan
Ha, sweeeet. You know my favorite's Gengar.
*High fives for Gengar*
ACK! I have a physio practical tomorrow... so that means no shiny hunting until (at soonest) tomorrow evening... Ah well, I can wait.
The slogan, "not all that gliters is gold" is true, but... perhaps a bit cliche? I dunno, it doesn't really matter because I'll definatly put whatever banner you come up with in my sig.

Sponsored Links