Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 21st, 2006 (03:37 AM).
Jaden EX
...< Go Ultra Pokeball!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Jaden EX
i have a shiny charmander on firered and a shiny tranpinch on sapphire

and am i a member still lady demonica darkmoon
Old March 21st, 2006 (05:28 AM).
Crytuf
Dark Dragon Trainer

another four hours...

still no luck

silly fish...

thankyew metal mario!
current targets: Manectric / Tyranitar / NineTails / Groundon
Old March 21st, 2006 (08:29 AM).
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Quote originally posted by shinycollector:
Hi! Guys I am so back!

Shiny update:I traded my pokemon to a shiny wismur.MM said that would count so I am so Happy :D XD!
Welcome back, shinycollector!

Quote originally posted by CrystalLatias:
Whoo-hoo! Thanks. When I saw it, My brother was like, 'Thats not shiny. Dont bother. Plus, It's just a Sableye.'
But it's a Shiny Sableye!

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon, you have Shiny Sableye too? Cool.
I have a quick question about hunting. If you save right in front of Raquaza, then keep resseting and battleing it, It will apeer shiny only during the battle, right?
The little, curled-up Rayquaza overworld sprite is never shiny. Rayquaza's stats are only generated when you talk to it, so it'll first appear as shiny when in battle against it.

Quote originally posted by pokechampionsteven:
i have a shiny charmander on firered and a shiny tranpinch on sapphire

I have you down as "confused," so yeah, you're still a member.

Quote originally posted by Crytuf:
another four hours...

still no luck

silly fish...
Progress reports saying, "no, I haven't found anything," aren't really necessary. It's fine to post them to stay on topic, but try to keep the discussion going.

Effort training a Noctowl in Special Defense (*prays another TR mutated green hoppip doesn't pay a visit*) and working out "corrected" effort splits for some of my earlier shinies, to replace their existing, naïve, 252/252/4 splits. 216 attack EVs on Fluffy lets me OHKO a Breloom with unboosted defense/HP with Aerial Ace. 60 speed EVs are enough for her to outspeed Breloom (Jolly, max speed), Heracross (except Jolly), and friends. The rest go to the usual HP/special defense.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old March 21st, 2006 (10:09 AM).
ryan
Elite Four

Send a message via AIM to ryan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ryan Send a message via Yahoo to ryan
Ack! I'm under huuuuuuuge pressure. I got qualified for the Pokemon going across America tournament thingamawhatsit... So... I need a team that doesn't suck by the 8th of April... I have a decent L50 team, but I don't want to ruin them by leveling them up to 100. Ahhh! What a situation...
I also need to have six shinies by then! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! *Panic*
*Shiny hunts with panic*
Old March 21st, 2006 (10:39 AM).
Feraligatr master
Im British you know!

Nature: Naive
OMG ryan is going to a tournement *dances wildly*
anyway try training in the battle frontier. also 6 shinys o.0 you need help if only i lived close to you i would lend you 3 of mine.

anyway no luck with me. good luck everyone!
The Ruby Destiny Trilogy
Pokemon Light Platinum
Old March 21st, 2006 (11:27 AM).
Crytuf
Dark Dragon Trainer

Quote originally posted by MetalMario:
Progress reports saying, "no, I haven't found anything," aren't really necessary. It's fine to post them to stay on topic, but try to keep the discussion going.
oh, ok, once again i apologize.
Quote originally posted by ryan:
Ack! I'm under huuuuuuuge pressure. I got qualified for the Pokemon going across America tournament thingamawhatsit... So... I need a team that doesn't suck by the 8th of April... I have a decent L50 team, but I don't want to ruin them by leveling them up to 100. Ahhh! What a situation...
I also need to have six shinies by then! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! *Panic*
*Shiny hunts with panic*
so, yeah i realize you prolly live no where near the north eastern quadrant of the us but if you do, i can help you out...

[for the last time: still no luck...]

thankyew metal mario!
current targets: Manectric / Tyranitar / NineTails / Groundon
Old March 21st, 2006 (11:40 AM).
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Nature: Adamant
OOOO! I'm a fan of your external shiny dex!
We should spiff it up a bit, but I definatly like the form it's taking! *Applauds*
Thanks about the Dex, but right now it's mostly a copy and paste of SGM's post. *sweatdrop*

Er, split it up? Like leave better spacing? Or by Gerneration? *Confused.* I know I need to explane what it all means, but I just took 5 minutes yeasterday and beta'd the thing.

I was also thinking about placing a second dex below it for G/S/C, where the Red Dos don't count, or the list would never end, LOL.

Quote originally posted by pokechampionsteven:
Like I said above it's a cut and paste of SGM's post, I only updated for my Poochyena/Mightyena, so nothing against you, just it'll take me time to sort out catches 'n all.

LDD's update: No more Surskit, they've disappeared totally. NO shiny either.

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old March 21st, 2006 (11:50 AM).
ryan
Elite Four

Send a message via AIM to ryan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ryan Send a message via Yahoo to ryan
I dunno! Like flashing images of shiny pokemon and corny midi noises in the background!
It'll be grand! And perhaps... an animated background so that you can't really even read things?
Those are the sort of things that make a site great! Ooooh! And you need some of those scrolling marquee things!
I've been Clefairy hunting like all morning... but with 0 success. I might drop the effort and go after a shint Tauros (because I'm that crazy). I can breed a Tauros with a Ditto right? I'm pretty sure I can...
I'll keep you posted!
Old March 21st, 2006 (12:13 PM).
shinycollector
I'm back!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to shinycollector Send a message via Yahoo to shinycollector
Ryan! Hi! LDD! Hi! I missyou guys and of course you MM!

Did someone already update our shiny dex?

Shiny updatetill has no luck.....to find shinies.
Wish ya all a GOOD LUCK!
Old March 21st, 2006 (12:53 PM).
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

I dunno! Like flashing images of shiny pokemon and corny midi noises in the background!
It'll be grand! And perhaps... an animated background so that you can't really even read things?
Those are the sort of things that make a site great! Ooooh! And you need some of those scrolling marquee things!
V()V *uneasy laugh* If I knew how, it'd look better. I was just following webmaster etiquet (sp?), you know no lime green text on a yellow background and I chose colors that weren't "girlly" cause over half of the SHC is male. (I'm the only female in power, now that PazzKat stepped down from her position.) I did space it better and it's easyer to read, now. I haven't updated who owns what yet, but did update for MM's Swablu, Numel & evolutions.

LDD's update: Well the Surskit came back! 110 of them have now been seen.

110x100= about 11,000 pokemon seen

No Shiny.

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Old March 21st, 2006 (01:21 PM).
Kuri-Chan ♪
Crystal Trainer

Ok. I've been restarting for a long time now... Is it THAT hard??

MM, will the SHC Card shop ever open again?? I'd really like my own. *sighs dreamily*
And a random PC question... Where do you get paired 0.o

Come and join the best club on the PC!

Formerly known as CrystalLatias
Old March 21st, 2006 (01:28 PM).
ryan
Elite Four

Ack... I've just realized that I can't go to the tourney because my uncle's being married then... Oh well! My uncle > Pokemon!
*Clefairy Hunt*
I dunno where you get paired, if you're friendly with somebody, you can just ask them, and then you just announce it in your sig or whatever. Speaking of which...
*Reapplies the note on friend list that indicates Pazzkat is his pair*
Hooray!
Old March 21st, 2006 (06:28 PM).
Haunter Master
Yveltal Fan
Community Supporter

update:yesterday 0-somthing Hours i lost my emerald under my couch and being the lazyness that i am i didnt get it but i hope to 1 day get away from my computer and finally pick my couch up and retrieve the emerald i miss lucky but now i will pick up my new sapphire that my sister got me for my B-day yea 5 months too late sis i will shiney hunt until i need to use the bathroom
but for now......

im gonna go over there
Old March 21st, 2006 (06:41 PM).
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Quote originally posted by CrystalLatias:
MM, will the SHC Card shop ever open again?? I'd really like my own. *sighs dreamily*
o_0 It never closed. (Well, technically it was closed for a matter of minutes when I had to recreate it, but meh.) I've posted the link to it on pretty much every page except this one until now. You may get an SHC card HERE!!

I'm onto the Lavender Tower in effort training my Noctowl, so I may find a shiny Gastly. My, effort training without Pokérus takes forever... -.-

Once I've finished effort training Noctowl, it's back to random locations level training shinies to look for random Kanto shinies.

On the matter of the quest for Zangoose: I'm going to get.. er.. a little more proactive in my quest for Zangoose. Nothing crazy, but yeah. Mostly just lurking around in random video game stores and possibly talking up the staff if I get gutsy.

osu!
stream
github
Old March 21st, 2006 (06:58 PM). Edited March 21st, 2006 by Lady Demoonica Darkmoon.
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Hunted randomly switching between carts like every 5 minutes, no shiny.

Quote originally posted by MetalMario:
On the matter of the quest for Zangoose: I'm going to get.. er.. a little more proactive in my quest for Zangoose. Nothing crazy, but yeah. Mostly just lurking around in random video game stores and possibly talking up the staff if I get gutsy.
With any luck one of them has their own copy of Ruby. Good luck!

EDIT: Has anyone ever thought about a shiny hunters RP? (Don't look at me, am good at story telling, but not at game mastering.) Just wondering.

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Old March 21st, 2006 (08:26 PM).
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Quote originally posted by Lady Demoonica Darkmoon:
EDIT: Has anyone ever thought about a shiny hunters RP? (Don't look at me, am good at story telling, but not at game mastering.) Just wondering.
I have no clue how that would work. Let's stick to making movies and spriteart.

osu!
stream
github
Old March 21st, 2006 (08:57 PM).
shinycollector
I'm back!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to shinycollector Send a message via Yahoo to shinycollector
*put the carts in*Ok! back to shiny hunt after going to school! I will train my poochyena....What monster is good to train my shiny poochyena?

Shiny update: Still has no any chance of finding one *cries* XD!
Old March 21st, 2006 (08:57 PM).
Haunter Master
Yveltal Fan
Community Supporter

um not to be annoying but how come no one acknowledges me when i post only when im annoying people talk to me except a couple people i just want people to be nice and acknowledge me and maybe say hi oh and i got my emerald from the deep treachory that is benith the couch ok thank you
once again.....

im gonna go over there
Old March 21st, 2006 (09:10 PM). Edited March 21st, 2006 by MetalMario.
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

o_0

We haven't been ignoring you; there's just nothing that really needs a reply in what you're saying. If we don't reply, it probably just means we can't think of anything on-topic to say.

Edit: ryan, I did a little Clefairy experiment and found the various times taken for various Clefairy hunting methods to make sure you're using the right one. Here's what I've found:
1. Buying 5, all in the party: 7.164 per minute
2. Buying 19 (floor(9999/500)=19), some of which are in the party, the rest are in the PC: 7.125 per minute
3. Buying 19, all of which are in the PC: 7.284 per minute

I have two questions, though: Are you using LG? Are Clefairies cheaper in LG? If so, definitely use method 3! If they cost more than 500, use method 1. If you're using Fire Red, they're all really close, but method 3's just a tad faster.

Don't worry; I only saw 151 Clefairies total for this experiment, none of which were shiny.

osu!
stream
github
Old March 21st, 2006 (11:43 PM).
ryan
Elite Four

I'm definatly using FR! It owns LG.
I'm too poor to buy all 19 (unfortunatly), so I'm buying 14 every time. 5 go into my party, the other 9 go to the PC.
And they cost 500 in FR.
Hello, Haunter Master! Congrats on 400 posts!
I don't have class until 12 30 tomorrow, so I'll definatly throw some shiny hunting in there!
I actually thought about a shiny hunting RP. But I suck at RPing, so I didn't want to bring it up.
Old March 21st, 2006 (11:50 PM).
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

That means it's actually faster if you just buy the 5 that'll fit in your party. You'll get 7 per minute if you do that. The ONLY way (on FR) it's faster is if you buy all 19 and have all of them go to the PC.

Jeez, liek omg, how couldn't you get the 9999 coins? XD In order to do this experiment, I earned 8000 coins or so at the slots. It's easy! I've NEVER had to buy coins in FR. (Sapphire's another story @.@)

osu!
stream
github
Old March 22nd, 2006 (01:14 AM). Edited March 22nd, 2006 by ryan.
ryan
Elite Four

Hey, don't hate! I'm really bad at the slots... I can't win anything...
We have to write a "Definition Essay" for literature and it has to be somewhat personal... SoOoOoOoOooooo, I'm writing the first ever definitive essay of the term "Shiny Hunter." I hope that its selected for reading in front of the class. It will blow their minds!
Spoiler! Rough draft of introductary paragraphessay:
Quote originally posted by ryan's Shiny Hunter Essay:
Ryan FitzGerald
Contemporary Literature Period 5
3/21/06
Definition Essay
Shiny Hunter
“Shiny hunter” is not a term that you are going to find in a dictionary. This is an obscure term used to describe obscure people who belong to an obscure group. The only place that this term exists is in the 19,247th thread of a message board called, “PokéCommunity.” This thread is called, “The Shiny Hunters Club” and it is where over 200 of the worlds most dedicated “shiny hunters” gather to communicate online. The first thing that you might be wondering is, “What is PokéCommunity?” PokéCommunity (commonly referred to as “PC”) is one of the largest Pokémon message boards on the internet. There are nearly 2 million members. The Shiny Hunters Club is only part of this empire; it (like most of the threads at PC) is about Pokémon, more specifically, the collecting of shiny pokémon. If that makes absolutely no sense to you, worry not, because you are about to be treated to the most thorough description of shiny hunters the world has ever seen.
In order to get a firm grasp on what a Shiny Hunter is, it is important that the Pokémon game series is understood. Basically, Pokémon is a video game that was initially released in February of 1996 in Japan by Nintendo. In the games, the hero is on a mission to travel throughout his country collecting and battling pokémon. Pokémon are animated monsters that bear some semblance to real animals. In the games, the player must capture them, raise them, and fight other pokémon with them until they have become the best “Pokémon Trainer” in the nation and have collected all 150 species.
The first games were released on Nintendo’s oldest handheld console, GameBoy. GameBoy did not display color, so the first few Pokémon games were colorless. Once Nintendo developed the GameBoy Color, the sequels to the original games could contain colorful pokémon. In these games, the developers decided to incorporate a little extra color; they made it so that there was a one in 8,192 chance that each pokémon the player encountered would have an alternate color scheme. For example, a Pokémon Trainer could be searching for wild pokémon around the Ruins of Alph and encounter a wild Wooper (a blue fish pokémon that can walk on land), but there would be a one in 8,192 chance that this Wooper would not be blue, rather it would be purple (and it would sparkle). The pokémon with the alternate color schemes are called, “shiny pokémon.” Shiny pokémon are coveted and obsessed over by “shiny hunters.”
As the name, “shiny hunter” suggests, shiny hunters look for shiny pokémon. They are motivated by different reasons. Many people have encountered shiny pokémon accidentally and become fascinated with them either because of frustration over letting them escape or because when they captured one, a strong, unexplainable feeling of want for more swept over them. Others hunt for shinies because they dislike the way the regular pokémon look. There are also some who hunt just because they live such sad lives that they cannot think of anything better to do. But most of the shiny hunters look for shiny pokémon because they are incredibly rare, and are “good for bragging.” This is how the Shiny Hunters Club began; as a competition among fans of shiny pokémon to see who could capture them first. It has since developed into a more cooperative group that encourages its members in their hunting efforts.
Shiny Hunters are, primarily, friendly nerds. They are nerdy because they spend time playing Pokémon and posting on Pokémon message boards. Society would tend to file both of these activities under, “DEFINATLY NERDY.” These people also have no reason to put each other down because they realize that they are part of an unarguably nerdy group and that any putdown they apply could be thrown right back at them, ergo friendliness through fear of humliation. Because of this, The Shiny Hunters Club tends to be a very positive environment where people can discuss their frustrations over how the odds are piled up against them, offer each other encouragement, discuss methods of hunting, and celebrate captures.
You are most likely thinking, “Shiny hunting sounds like absolutely zero fun.” You are, for the most part, correct. Shiny hunting is not fun. Many people get discouraged and quit or at least go on extended hiatuses. However, most successful shiny hunters find that once they finally secure some shiny pokémon, they are so excited that their investment of time seems well spent. Shiny hunters must be very patient, and possess long periods of time with nothing demanding their full attention. The lessons of patience that shiny hunting requires its followers to learn are beneficial life skills.
One of the most patient people in the world is Ryan. He is the owner of The Shiny Hunters Club. If you would like to see for yourself what Ryan and the other shiny hunters are really like, the best way to do that would be to study them in their natural environment. You can do so at this address: http:/pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=19247
It isn't perfect; it's actually pretty awkward! But it's like 2:45 PM here, so I'm gonna cut myself a bit of slack. I'll correct it/embelish it tomorrow after school!
Feel free to proofread it and give me any constructive criticism!
Old March 22nd, 2006 (03:39 AM).
Kuri-Chan ♪
Crystal Trainer

Oh. Sorry MM. I just saw an old thread of it and must've thought it was the only one xDDD

Come and join the best club on the PC!

Formerly known as CrystalLatias
Old March 22nd, 2006 (07:48 AM).
shido
Blood Sucker

wow ryan i hope your ready for nonstop "there goes the pokemon nerd les get him!!) cuz thats wuts gonna happen lol i remember once i did an essay on ffX and most ppl looked at me weird . didnt matter to me cuz i am who i am an dont care wut other ppl think , plus i met some cute gamer girls but back to the point yer stuff is true basicly . i shiny hunt for the right to brag and i pride myself in my collection and the time ive put into collecting (evn tho it isnt the biggest ).

on that note good luck hunting

* no shiny mudkip chimecho or water pk from fishing

SHINIES ~ TOTAL 27 - Caught in 3rd Gen 25 Latest Treecko - Caught in DP 2 Latest pelipper
Spoiler:
Shiny Card Created by the lovely Lady Darkmoon
Old March 22nd, 2006 (09:02 AM).
ryan
Elite Four

Naw, my class is all about accepting people who are different. There shouldn't be a problem. Earlier during this unit I wrote about my part in the Harry Potter fandom; it was perhaps nerdier than this. People had no problem with that, so I'm not worried! Also... I wear a Power Rangers: Dino Thunder backpack with a Gengar pin... So if they don't know that I'm a bit of a dork for little-kid stuff by now... then the joke's on them.

Sponsored Links