The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 22nd, 2006, 08:32 AM
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by shido
btw can u get rare candies from pick up in emerald? i know u cnat in lg and ive been rc getting for a few hours in emerald and not a singel rare candy
Yes, but in Emerald what you pick up is baced on the pokemon's level, get the pickuper to level 41 or above and you'll have a 10% chance of Rare Candys.You can get the full list here. Rare Candy/Pick Up Guide It's in post #7.

LDD's update: I drempt I caught a shiny last night, to much hunting before going to bed a supose. I've found nothing though, drat it all.

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club

Last edited by Lady Demoonica Darkmoon; June 22nd, 2006 at 08:43 AM.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 08:51 AM
Tha Pkmn Prodigy
Gym Leader

hey, hunters how has the hunt been going? im hunting for shiny vulpix right now.....i have been hatching eggs, but they all come out female (see, i have this thing where i only train male pokemon unless they look naturally girly, case in point my gardevoir) so i have gone back to that ghost place (forgot the name) to hunt for shiny vulpix. wish me luck!

P.S.-My shiny marshtomp evolved into shinyswampert yesterday!!
Old June 22nd, 2006, 09:12 AM
Yuscrecio
Fellow Sista'

Send a message via AIM to Yuscrecio
Well, good luck then PP!

Man, this Magicarp hunting is really getting bad. >.< But I'm still looking.

^Currently Searching for^

Thanks soo much MM!
Shiny Hunters Club
~*~* 2 Shinies Caught to Date *~*~

Wow.... *cricket*

Friends: 96385, Tha Pkmn Prodigy, Rioku_Zanketa, Miss Pika, Akidatheart, Drew
PM me to be buddies
Old June 22nd, 2006, 11:19 AM
King Kobra
Shiny Giratina pwns you

TPP, I'm the same way. I'll most likely be not as happy if my Shiny Scyther (if I ever get one) is female. I just think that a female Shiny Scizor won't be as intimidating (no offence to the ladies/girls here in the SHC).

Update: 600 Scyther Resets.

P.S. I want my Shiny Kecleon (from my first playthrough of Ruby) back! <()>

<I>Kobra<I>
Old June 22nd, 2006, 11:57 AM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kobra
I just think that a female Shiny Scizor won't be as intimidating (no offence to the ladies/girls here in the SHC).
Why is that? Y'know, female Scizor is the one with the larger abdomen, so I'd expect it'd look more intimidating. :p Miss Cake'll probably be making a trip to D/P, anyway.

I might try for a shiny Scizor, some day. I'm not too fond of its khaki colour, though, which is why I don't have one, already. :p

Sorry I haven't been posting much. (I have been reading.) Congrats on all the new finds, especially Kim's Pooch! ^o^ Sorry if there's anything important I've missed. I've been missing some important posts, lately.

~2922 Treeckos, still no shinies. I'm starting to consider just playing the game and going for things like Beldum and Rayquaza. I think it's about time I reset for another ID. It'll be hard to get one I like more than my current ID, though.

Edit: King Kobra, I'll make you a D/P Scizor avatar like mine if you wish. It's not much work.

Edit2: I did it, anyway:

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)

Last edited by MetalMario; June 22nd, 2006 at 12:10 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 01:47 PM
tyranisneasel
Crazy Dark Master

What's with the ID's? And the Hidden ID's? Anyway, no shinys yet, but I'll keep looking if I can't find the twelfth book in the Darren Shan series...It's so addictive!
Seth's PokePet

Milo the level 68 Milotic!
Old June 22nd, 2006, 01:47 PM
Ichigo Flash
Box-kun

Nature: Hasty
Best of luck Kingy, you deserve to find one by now

Aww keep to it MM, havent had much chance to hunt for my Treeck or Porygon atm, had a exam today

PS. Your Porygon2 is teh uberness

I jitter back and forth to these forums. Hopefully this time i'll stick around . Looking for friends, people from the UK and anyone and everyone to talk to. Hit me up if any of these is you.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 02:17 PM
Exokriz
Delete.

Nature: Calm
I HAVE SOME REALLY BAD LUCK!!!
Today I found a shiny Onix in Rock Tunnel, I sent out my Charmeleon to weaken it with Ember (since its not very effective against Rock-types)....but apparently this Onix had really low Sp. Def and again a freaking Critical Hit so another KO in one hit. First Weedle now Onix. I'll catch a shiny sooner or later.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 02:22 PM
Tha Pkmn Prodigy
Gym Leader

wow....thats really bad luck, what i do is, i throw a ball without hitting the pokemon first, then if it pops out, start to attack
Old June 22nd, 2006, 02:27 PM
King Kobra
Shiny Giratina pwns you

OMG! Thanks MM for the pwnage pic of Scizor! Where do you get your D/P Sprites? Oh, and I'm a slow person, so what do you mean by "Miss Cake'll probably be making a trip to D/P, anyway."?

Exokriz: That sucks man, my sympathies. I've never seen a Shiny in the wild (besides Kecleon, which I caught a long time ago) so I wouldn't know how it is to accedentally kill one, seems like it'd be brutal though, especially with the rare Onix.

BTW thanks for the luck Deen!

Update: 710 Syther Resets.

<--Pwnage

<I>Kobra<I>

Last edited by King Kobra; June 22nd, 2006 at 02:38 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 02:28 PM
Akidatheart
Pokémom
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via ICQ to Akidatheart Send a message via AIM to Akidatheart Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akidatheart Send a message via Yahoo to Akidatheart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exokriz
I HAVE SOME REALLY BAD LUCK!!!
Today I found a shiny Onix in Rock Tunnel, I sent out my Charmeleon to weaken it with Ember (since its not very effective against Rock-types)....but apparently this Onix had really low Sp. Def and again a freaking Critical Hit so another KO in one hit. First Weedle now Onix. I'll catch a shiny sooner or later.
*Sends sympathy and happy thoughts your way* Next time, throw pokeballs for a while before you even try to hit it with any attacks. **GOOD LUCK** <- me sharing the good luck I have had lately with everyone!
Kim

I'm a member of the Shiny Hunters Club

Do the Shiny Dance!
Old June 22nd, 2006, 02:51 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

tyranisneasel: (This is hypothetical.) Since computers are deterministic machines, it's impossible for them to generate truly random numbers. I'm hoping that the game generates certain PVs (Personality Value, a hidden value responsible for things including natures, genders, and shininess) more often than others. Since shininess is determined by a hidden value similar to your trainer ID, if this is the case, games with certain such IDs will tend to generate shinies more often than others. By resetting my game totally on occasion, I don't raise the odds of seeing a shiny Treecko, but I raise the odds that, once I do, I will see shinies more frequently later on. (This is hypothetical.)

King Kobra: "Miss Cake" is the name of my Scizor. (female) I got the idea from Runa's Scyther who battled the L140 Kabuto. As for the D/P sprites, if you were to check my sig on SPPF, you would find that I had reparied the sprites from the official D/P screenshots. After that, recolouring them is trivial. (The album of repaired sprites (which can be expected to grow as more screenshots are released) can be found here.)

Exokriz: I'm sorry to hear that about the Weedle and Onix. On the bright side, if the theory I described above is true, you're bound to run into some more shinies! ^o^ Raise a False Swiper ASAP.

~2986 Treeckos. You'd know if I found a shiny, even if it's a Zigzagoon. >,>

osu!
stream
github
Old June 22nd, 2006, 03:34 PM
King Kobra
Shiny Giratina pwns you

Oh ok, I get it now. I hope that it's possible to trade from R/S/E/Fr/Lg/C/XD to D/P because I just got my first lvl. 100 and am planning on raising my Shiny Scyther (When I get it) to lvl. 100. Wouldn't it be cool if you can put the GBA Pokemon game in the bottom of the DS, and the DS game in the top and trade without cables or friends (if you're a loner like me <.< >.>).

Update: 750 Scyther Resets. If I don't die trying to get Scyther, than I'm going to take a break from Shiny Hunting for a Week or so to get past Blain, Giovanni, and the Elite Four on my FR so I can evolve Scyther and begin training!

P.S. I'm going to Kern River next week from Tuesday to Sunday so I'll be Shiny Hunting like crazy.

<I>Kobra<I>
Old June 22nd, 2006, 03:38 PM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

MM, when u post and you put ~*insert number of SRs here* for Treecko, those are the soft resets u got by adding 21.3333 everytime u saw a female one with 20 HP right? Would the same thing work for a Totodile? I plan to SR for one, once I get this shiny Treecko on Emerald(I am SRing for both Treecko and Eevee). I have been SRing for Eevee what feels like all day, so now I am off to Treecko, wish me luck!

It is possible to trade between R/S/E/FR/LG to D/P... I am not sure about XD/Colos though.

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old June 22nd, 2006, 03:53 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

There are better ways to count Totodiles, since there's no waste of time in checking its stat screen, since you need to check it, anyway. Try counting females with a specific nature--the odds are 1 in 200 (so 200 per). You should get used to coming up with these things by yourself.

osu!
stream
github

Last edited by MetalMario; June 22nd, 2006 at 05:40 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 04:36 PM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

I am not sure i understand, but I think I get the idea... say, I am looking for a shiny Totodile, and everytime I see a female with a Jolly nature, I add 200 soft resets to the total I've done, correct?

Meh, I am temporarily giving up for Eevee. So I can resume my hunt for Treecko. I figured Treecko is higher on my priority list becuz the ID I have on FR is already gonna be the one I am keeping, and that ID got me a shiny charmander in 5 days, so maybe it is lucky. So, it would be logical to hunt for a Treecko, so I can hopefully get a lucky ID on there too... I am gonna get a new ID on Em every week. Today is the 22nd, right?

I guess I'll just start over in how many I counted, since I lost the sheet i was keeping track of them on, but I am gonna use MM's method of counting again.

BTW, do u guys think I should just focus on Treecko till I get it, or should I alternate between Eevee and Treecko?

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old June 22nd, 2006, 04:51 PM
King Kobra
Shiny Giratina pwns you

MeleeMaster: I say focus on one at a time, trying to hunt for 2 Shinies is harder and more painfull.

Update: 800 Scyther Resets. I'm planning on hitting 1000 tonight, but it looks like I'll only get to 900 because I'm having a friend over and he's not a Pokemon-liking type. He's getting here at around 9:30-10:00-ish so I8'll have time to get to at least 900.

My Shiny Scizor avatar pwns you all, thanks again MM!

<I>Kobra<I>
Old June 22nd, 2006, 06:38 PM
King Kobra
Shiny Giratina pwns you

JBCBlank: List your Shinies (if any) and what games they are in, you'll probably be allowed in.

Update:900 Scyther Resets. Every 100 Resets, I feel like I grow a rank in the Shiny Hunters.

<I>Kobra<I>
Old June 22nd, 2006, 07:08 PM
shido
Blood Sucker

i really wish u would find a connection to idss mm but i just find it too hard to belive u can no off the variables are jus too much for my mind to grasp u pulling out specific ids that can get shinnies more then others , i mean one question when u take all this into question is did u figure in how often one plays? i mean obviously makes lil diffrence but if sr 3k times in one day and get a shiny doesnt mean my id has better luck becuz u only reset 100 or so a day and didnt get one for weeks or months again i claim to know nothing im jus a rambling paranoid person so plz try not to make me sound too dumb when u explain it all to me XD

WOOT lady darkmoon i have gotten my first badge and thanks to u i now know if i ever want to see a rare candy i need to change my party to all zigs untill i get to 21 with each XD

SHINIES ~ TOTAL 27 - Caught in 3rd Gen 25 Latest Treecko - Caught in DP 2 Latest pelipper
Spoiler:
Shiny Card Created by the lovely Lady Darkmoon
Old June 22nd, 2006, 08:34 PM
King Kobra
Shiny Giratina pwns you

I know I'm posting very frequently, but I have to announce my milestone...

Update:1000 Scyther Resets!
Well, I've made it this far and no Shiny Scyther. By my calculations, I had a 1/8.192 chance of finding a Shiny Scyther in those 1000 Soft Resets. Now onto the rest of them until I find Shiny Scyther!

ONWARD!

<I>Kobra<I>
Old June 22nd, 2006, 09:18 PM
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Nature: Adamant
No problem shido-kun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCBlank
Wow....... I knew I sould have joined a long time ago.. But.. sence I'm here now... Can I join?
Please list your advanced gen. shinys that you have if any. By the way, I like your sig.

Congrats on your milestone KK, only 7000 to go... *wishes luck*

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old June 23rd, 2006, 02:45 AM
Golden Mew
Shiny Hunter

Still nothing to report I'm still catching mewtwo ( O guys it tooks me long time to get a modest mewtwo for my team still nothing ) I think i will have a long time to go back shiny hunting.

Last 15 post<

Credits :
Metal Mario for my SHC card and eevachu for my Trainer Card
Old June 23rd, 2006, 03:28 AM
Yuscrecio
Fellow Sista'

Hey guys. Dang, after catching Zigzagoon, I thought it would be easy to cath shinies. x_X Guess I thought wrong. XDD How is everyone else's shiny hunts going?

I'm getting a little worried that MM didn't acknowledge my SHC card update post.*starts to cry*

Thanks soo much MM!
Shiny Hunters Club

Wow.... *cricket*

PM me to be buddies
Old June 23rd, 2006, 04:44 AM
The True Keyblade Master
The True Keyblade Master

Here comes my depression moment im givng up on torchic i was playign with the charger plugged in i knew my gameboy was gonna die soon so i decided to paly while it charged...then here comes the sad part..power went out i didnt relaise i rip out torchihc iots shiny...gameboy dies
it was at 2837 Soft-resets

^MY CARD OF SHINES TY M.M.

Last edited by The True Keyblade Master; June 23rd, 2006 at 04:54 AM.
Old June 23rd, 2006, 04:56 AM
Yuscrecio
Fellow Sista'

Ummm... please state that last part again... XDD

Thanks soo much MM!
Shiny Hunters Club

Wow.... *cricket*

PM me to be buddies