Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old June 29th, 2006 (02:37 PM).
Banned

Quote:
what do people mean when they say to soft reset
ctrl+r if ure using visualboy advance or most other emulators. if ure using a real gba, sel+start+a+b.
Old June 29th, 2006 (02:40 PM).
Box-kun

Nature: Hasty
Been too busy trying to hatch a male timid gastly to shiny hunt. Hatched tonnes of eggs and still nothing...dam

I jitter back and forth to these forums. Hopefully this time i'll stick around . Looking for friends, people from the UK and anyone and everyone to talk to. Hit me up if any of these is you.
Old June 29th, 2006 (02:53 PM).
♥Mudkips Rule♥

I'm on restart number 10 for the shiny mudkip...I hope i get a shiny mudkip soon!

Thanks gs135790!:D

Member of the shiny hunters club! Thanks MetalMario for the card!
Old June 29th, 2006 (05:09 PM).
Delete.

Nature: Calm
I think im just going to bread to get shinys....this way, i can do other stuff to while the other pokemon are hatching. It will also give me a chance to make on kicking team I'm going to put my shiny hunting on hold until then. :D

I have returned from a long hiatus from playing Pokemon and I am now starting fresh and new on Platinum.
Badges: 6
Current Team: Staravia, Infernape, Empoleon, Torterra, Luxray
Old June 29th, 2006 (05:24 PM). Edited June 29th, 2006 by DDD'SSCEPTILE.
GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
Ok, now maybe I can give a good long post for you to read, because I'm typing up the gist of it offline on what I'm doing and how my hunting is going.

To comment and add on what MetalMario is talking about, the Trainer ID thing.. When you start the game, you have two Trainer IDs. It sounds strange, but it's true. The first is the one you see on your Trainer Card and Pokemon. The second is a hidden value that goes with the Trainer ID. Not much is really known about it, but it has come to be known as... Secret ID. Bet you didn't see that coming.
It is used alot in the game, and what this person mentions is true, for the most part. The Secret ID is combined (I think) with a random drawn number in thing such as wild Pokemon battles and such. Now, what kind of Trainer ID and Secret IDs will prove better for Shiny Hunting, I do not know. How do you figure out your Secret ID? I know there's a way, but I skipped it, because it had alot of complicated math. I will look for the way again later, since it may prove a little crucial to all of this. My main game's (FireRed) Trainer ID is 30970, and for LeafGreen it's 49260. On the previous data, when I caught Ghost (my now Shiny Ninetails), my Trainer ID was.. 15327. So maybe that "lower Trainer ID" factor is still in ply, however, since there are so many values to add up, it's much more random. The low Trainer ID may make a Secret ID that's in pitching distance withen the Shiny numbers, which might, just might, make them appear a tad more. That would explain why I haven't seen a single one in FireRed (despite my almost 250 hours logged into the game...), and the head guy has 35. And I still say that is an insane amount for someone to have. if i were him, I'd buy a lotto ticket or something every once in a while.

Anyway.... Speaking of my Game Paks...

On FireRed... My Pokemon Objectives are anything that comes into play that has abnormal color but is a good Pokemon. As I mentioned before, I'm roaming inside the Power Plant. All the Pokemon there (Magnemite, Magneton, Pikachu, Voltorb, Electabuzz) would be quite nice to have shiney. At least i think they would. Slowly, I also have 3 - 4 Squirtle Eggs with me. I don't think Shiny Squirtle - Blastoise is anything spectacular, but being the breeder I am, these hatchlings know Yawn. So if I could, just by pure luck, hatch a Shiny one, it would be even more special with this move. If only the world of Pokemon was like ours and had more abnormalities and stuff.... Bad idea, since we like to go there to get away from all the hate and fear of the actual world we live in.
Back to the shiny hunt (still on FR), I do this at night. I take my allergy medicine and go to bed, get my earphones, and play in the darkness til I get sleepy. My allergy medicine really does that to me. After I get bored looking at the screen, I tilt it forward, and let myself enjoy the glow around the ceiling, and use my ears and memory to decide where to go inside the Power Plant. Don't worry, I have memorized my Shiny Ninetails' Shiny Star noise, so I should know when a Shiny appears. To make it even easier to where I can relax into a sleep mode, I have my LR switched to L=A. Then I need only to use the left hand.
I do this until I cannot no more. I save and turn it off, and then go to sleep.

I think for an occasional change of pace, I'm going to take advice that wasn't given to me - I'm going to bring along a Venusaur I have that has Sweet Scent. Or some Pokemon that does.

On LeafGreen, I'm almost to the point where I can challenge Snorlax, and where the real journey begins (boring one at that. the Power Plant one is actually fun and after the 2 hours of searching there, I still find it fun.). I spent the evening getting through Rock Tunnel (with Ivysaur; it lacks one level from being Venusaur), and now I merely need to go blast the Rockets off from the Game Corner, get the Silph Scope, scale Pokemon Tower, free Fiji, gain the flute and get out.
I then could go on to Snorlax, but if it WAS Shiny... I would still have to go through the h e double hockeysticks of catching it, and Snorlax ain't all that easy... except with a Master Ball. I could climb Silph, but that's alot of Rockets. I'm gonna see about how fast I can make it to the top without many battles before I try. But I need not to do that. I can just attach a Master Ball to one of my spare hatchlings from FR and trade it over, de-tach it, and then I have my Master Ball, and then it's to Snorlax, save, and SR time.

Later On Tonight Update: I've done everything I need to do to start checking the Snorlaxes. I'm just stalling a bit raising a Gastly til it evolves as my Pokemon to go up front. I dunno why. I just want to do this. After it's finished, I will FLY to Celadon (Remember that Pidgey I caught? Now a Lv. 27 Pidgeotto with FLY. Fitting it's purpose to a T.) and use the Poke Flute on the Pokemon there. Why? Although I would want to do the one near Vermilion, the one near Celadon has no Trainers blocking my path to it. I think I will alternate between the two time to time. "Now the real battle begins!"

Another Update: The Gastly just evolved. Look out Snorlax! I'ma gonna get-CHU!!!!

On Emerald...
On Hold.

Same for Sapphire, too.

I have Ruby, but I don't know what's on it.

Happy hunting, but I'm just glad no one has decided to challenge me on any of this. I can go at my own pace, and I can get something no one else (or at least a handful) has. Well, Harrison has a Shiny Magneton... I was planning on naming the Shiny version of my own Harrison, in honor of him. He reminds me of an actual breathing person.. I just can't place my finger on it. Can't wait to see him again.
I'm torn between 2 nicknames for the Snorlax. I was originally going to call it "Fatman Joe", because in GunSmoke there is a Boss of the same name, and as you can see I'm sporting a home-made Wanted sign for the Snorlax. I took the template from GunSmoke, removed Capcom and replaced it with Shiny Snorlax, and then took an old R/B sprite of Snorlax and made it blue. Because I don't care for the newer versions. My absolute favorite rendition of Snorlax is the Crystal animation. :D
And the other name? I plan on going with this one instead. It goes with the Shiny Blue coloring.... "Papa Smurf". XD

Welcome to all the new members. Sorry if I sounded harsh earlier, but... And I guess too many people are saying that it's too spammy. It's only the truth though. And the truth must be heard. But they can't handle the truth. That's why we have MODs. But I don't want this thread locked man. This thread was my main reason of joining. I'll go elsewhere when I feel like it. But since Shiny Hunting was and still is my main objective now in the games... Need I say more?

-King Dedede's Sceptile

(Also, the soft reset, I think it also involves the L and R button as well, but I'm not sure. I have always done it like that, myself... Maybe they aren't needed. And you CAN do it on the DS, it's just kinda awkward. Tilt the DS a bit counterclockwise. Hold in L+R with your left hand, thumb on L, first finger on R, and with your right had, push in both Start and Select with your first finger, and push A and B with your right thumb. It sounds more complicated than it actually is, and GBA/SP is definately easier. But I just wanted to note that about the DS, because that's what I'm doing, because my Dad has the GBA SP for tetris, and I'm definately not going to be using my GBA in the dark. )

And I see I have 16 posts now. I will put my links to the pics I took of my Vulpix then, and my Ninetails now:

Then: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/BlazikenKirbytcg/3ab79e2e.jpg
Now (sorta): http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/BlazikenKirbytcg/b212d518.jpg
Now the Ninetails is Lv. 100. I took the pic of the Stat screen so I wouldn't have to write it all down and I could use it for comparison from then til now.
... 5 Nows. .. 6.

(Edit: I input the wrong link for the second one)
Old June 29th, 2006 (05:49 PM).
Delete.

Nature: Calm
Man you can write alot DDD'SSSCEPTILE

I'm going to start my FireRed Team and get through it then start hatching for shinies...(OOOOOO.....SHINY) I may just end up running into a shiny on my way through.

I have returned from a long hiatus from playing Pokemon and I am now starting fresh and new on Platinum.
Badges: 6
Current Team: Staravia, Infernape, Empoleon, Torterra, Luxray
Old June 29th, 2006 (05:57 PM).
Owns 11 shinies! Dang!

i have been hunting all day today looking for that shiny absol. The reason i am looking in the wild instead of breeding is because it takes 5500 steps to hatch one egg and i personally think i will find a shiny faster in the wild if i use things like sweet scent, the black flute, and the white flute.
I have reset my firered to try and get ANOTHER shiny Charmander.

Old June 29th, 2006 (06:15 PM).
Nostalgia is powerful.

I have been secretly shiny hunting for Dratini the past two days. I didn't want anyone to just suddenly want like 4 other people to suddenly "want" shiny Dratini(*cougCOPYMEcough*), so that is why I didn't post it.

Oh well, wish me luck! It is like 10:10 PM where I live, so I am gonna SR for Dratini till I go to bed. I usually go to bed at 3 or 4 AM.

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old June 29th, 2006 (06:30 PM).
Phantasmagorical!

My sister decided she wanted to start playing pokemon, so my starter pokemon SRing has come to a screeching halt on ruby. Now im stuck hatching pinsirs...
62 Eggs Hatched...On batch 63-67...257 unhatched eggs left

well, my emerald should arrive in a few days/weeks, so ill have that to keep me busy.
Old June 29th, 2006 (06:32 PM).
GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
@MM-SP:
Yeah... I know. ; That's why I was hesitant about revealing the Pokemon -I- was looking for.
Old June 29th, 2006 (09:59 PM).
(+) Sirena Beach

Quote originally posted by Brit Lucifer:
On batch 63-67

Um, I think that you have batch wrong. Batch is meant to be like a group of something.. You can only hold five eggs in your party. So let's say you hatch fifteen, you just finished batch 3 because you divide the number of eggs you hatched by five so 15 divided by 5 would be 3. So now your starting on batch four. And when you finish batch four you add 5 and it will be 20. When you say your on batch 63, you'd have hatched 315 eggs.

ANyways I have finished batch 9 (45 eggs) a while ago. No shiny. Also upgraded my Abra count to 220. No shiny.
Old June 29th, 2006 (10:34 PM).
Pokémom
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via ICQ to Akidatheart Send a message via AIM to Akidatheart Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akidatheart Send a message via Yahoo to Akidatheart
Quote originally posted by Doopliss:
Um, I think that you have batch wrong. Batch is meant to be like a group of something.. You can only hold five eggs in your party. So let's say you hatch fifteen, you just finished batch 3 because you divide the number of eggs you hatched by five so 15 divided by 5 would be 3. So now your starting on batch four. And when you finish batch four you add 5 and it will be 20. When you say your on batch 63, you'd have hatched 315 eggs.

ANyways I have finished batch 9 (45 eggs) a while ago. No shiny. Also upgraded my Abra count to 220. No shiny.
He probably meant a batch that included eggs numbered 63-67.

Still sring for shiny Torchic.. stopped counting the hours but it's over 100 I know.
Kim

I'm a member of the Shiny Hunters Club

Do the Shiny Dance!
Old June 29th, 2006 (10:43 PM).
sings Unown music on the bus.

Quote originally posted by DARKDESTINY:
lost count on days on searching sudowoodo* thanks to boredom XD
Hahah you Lazy git XD I'm still going for it I am NOT going to give up either >:O XD

-------------------------------------------------------
Shinys So far After reset...
Old June 30th, 2006 (03:41 AM).
Aubade

i'm going to be gone until tuesday on vacation, but i'm bringing my gameboys with me so hopefully i can get a couple shinies while i'm gone.

i'm hoping for a shiny swablu.
Old June 30th, 2006 (04:38 AM).
Nostalgia is powerful.

Edit:For the sake of not being told that i should stay on-topic, I am having an all-out hunting spree. Using my DS to SR for Dratin in FR, my GB Player to SR for Treecko, and I am trying to get my brother to play through the game little by little so that I can SR for Latios... without going to the Southern Island. Luckily, I won't really have to pay that much attention to Em, since I can just listen for the noise. So, I'm not gonna be on the computer that much, only when I take a break or something.

Old June 30th, 2006 (06:17 AM). Edited June 30th, 2006 by Mudkippy.
♥Mudkips Rule♥

I think I'm on my maybe 15th or 16th restart for getting a shiny mudkip on ruby....no luck so far...on Emerald I'm trying to train up my team for defeating the elite four, but I'm still looking for some shinies on the side of that. And finally, in my LG game, I kind of just started a new game bacause I was getting pretty bored with my old one, so I'm not really going to hunt for shinies on that game just yet because I want to defeat the elite four on that game before hunting for shinies.....

btw I kind of have a question...

Well, I know I'm in the club, but I have to post 30 times in this thread to become an official member, right?

Old June 30th, 2006 (07:48 AM).
Nostalgia is powerful.

Yes, that is correct.

Meh, I'm giving up on Treecko. IMO, it would be MUCH better if I got a shiny Treecko with egg moves, so I am just gonna SR for Torchic on my Em... I'm not that sad about giving up, since I have been SRing on FR for the past 3 and half months. But, I may SR for a shiny Treecko on Ruby when I play through it a third time.

Old June 30th, 2006 (07:53 AM).

hey, hunters......still no luck hunting shiny anorith. i stayed up a total of 7 hours doing nothing but SRing for it. 2 hours the day b4 yesterday, 1 hour yesterday, and 4 whole hours last nite!! im starting to get seriously angry, but im going to keep hunting shiny anorith, cuz i cant go on with my game without shiny armaldo
Old June 30th, 2006 (08:36 AM). Edited June 30th, 2006 by tyranisneasel.
Crazy Dark Master

Hey everyone! I've been hunting shiny Dunsparce, but guess what! I accidently left my GameBoy in my mom's car, so I can't do anything today. Oh well, I needed a break anyway. I learned yesterday that I cannot use Pokemon Box like I wanted to, but that's okay. I think that I'm just gonna trade all my unwanted pokemon to LeafGreen from Emerald so that I can keep all the good ones from LeafGreen, then restart it. I really think that this is a good time to SR for a certain pokemon that no one else is looking for. NOT TELLING!
Oh yeah, sorry Lady Darkmoon Demoonica, but I was just looking at the Shiny Dex, and it's not up to date with my shinys! Oh yeah, here are the ones I evoved(not on card) that I haven't said:
Zigzagoon, Quilava, Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Caterpie, Metapod, and Nincada
NO TEDDYURSA, CYNDAQUIL, OR SPOINK
Seth's PokePet

Milo the level 68 Milotic!
Old June 30th, 2006 (11:12 AM).
Gold Tier

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Quote originally posted by Mudkippy:
Well, I know I'm in the club, but I have to post 30 times in this thread to become an official member, right?
Quote originally posted by MeleeMaster-ShinyPokemon:
Yes, that is correct.
No, that's not correct. Mudkippy, you're already a full member. The only thing 30 posts gets you is a place in the Shiny Dex.

~5141 Treeckos.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old June 30th, 2006 (11:58 AM).

Quote originally posted by MetalMario:
No, that's not correct. Mudkippy, you're already a full member. The only thing 30 posts gets you is a place in the Shiny Dex.

~5141 Treeckos.
really? oh....i thought the 30 posts were for becoming member . ll go and count my posts so my name can be added to the list.

P.S.-Still SRing for anorith......8 hours and counting!
Old June 30th, 2006 (12:15 PM).
♥Mudkips Rule♥

Quote originally posted by MetalMario:

~5141 Treeckos.
Cool! So that means I can get one of the shiny hunters club Trainer Cards right? ^.^ Those are so cool! :D

Old June 30th, 2006 (12:38 PM).
Training for Skill

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

After giving up SRing for a shiny Dratini I decided to go back to my sapphire game and SR for Rayquaza instead. And within 163 (I am EXACT ) I found a SHINY Rayquaza... Finally a new shiny I feel good again lol its good to have a new shiny, so im going to train it well like my magnemite no matter what it takes to make it the strongest rayquaza EVER.

The wierd thing is that on my way to my uncles I got in the taxi and the mileage count displayed the No. 77737 or 777= 3, 7's so seven seven seven equals three sevens. Maybe luck or coincidence and on my way home from my boarding school the taxi showed the mileage 57123.4 (disregard the decimal part though) wich is my ID. No. on my FR game (the one i got magnemite in). how freaky is that. So a Ultra balled Rayquaza and a freaky bit of stuff happening with cars. LOVELY :D

Well im off to hunt for something else while i make my very own organized box in my FR. I managed to persuade someone to trade me a DEOXYS (I dunno if he was just meesing about though... probably wasnt coz he was quite serious) for a Normal Rayquaza + Light Ball (I have 2 so thats ok) and a Mewtwo with a Lucky Egg (once again NP I have several ... XD played about 4 times for that quest at the end every time XD) So I might also have a Deixys too... YAAAAAY what a week.! And I heard the Celebi 10th Anni is coming to the UK (apparently) wich means I will have a Celebi if it does and then i will only need a mew...YAY

JIRACHI
TRAINER

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1924
(Shiny hunters club, when i can embed the Hyperlink in the pic I will XD)
PROUDSHINY HUNTER
Old June 30th, 2006 (12:43 PM).

woah....congrats on your shiny rayquaza! im currently hunting for shiny anorith, still no luck tho.....
Old June 30th, 2006 (12:56 PM).
Training for Skill

well gl on the hunt... they turn up eventually so just keep searching

GL once again

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1924
(Shiny hunters club, when i can embed the Hyperlink in the pic I will XD)
PROUDSHINY HUNTER
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links