The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 30th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Jirachi Trainer
Training for Skill

well gl on the hunt... they turn up eventually so just keep searching

GL once again

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1924
(Shiny hunters club, when i can embed the Hyperlink in the pic I will XD)
PROUDSHINY HUNTER
Old June 30th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Exokriz
Delete.

Nature: Calm
I'm going to go on both my LeafGreen and FireRed games and Erase the games and start all over from scratch. I'm hoping I can get my Sapphire back from my friend and I can go out and buy Ruby and Emerald. Then, I will just have to wait for Pearl and Diamond, I'll train lots of pokemon on the FR/LG and if I can get R/S/E then I'll trade them all to D/P. I am also hoping that maybe I'll find quite a few Shinys as well. I'm not actually searching for a specific shiny though, just what comes at random.

I have returned from a long hiatus from playing Pokemon and I am now starting fresh and new on Platinum.
Badges: 6
Current Team: Staravia, Infernape, Empoleon, Torterra, Luxray
Old June 30th, 2006, 01:27 PM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
Yeah, wish me luck with shiny Dratini and eventually Treecko!

...Yeah, I switched back to Treecko. Torchic is just too dull, I shoulda realized that. I switch a lot.

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old June 30th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Jirachi Trainer
Training for Skill

GL to all you guys and more good news for me (no not another shiny...would be great though) i have more than 30 posts now so im a shiny dex member too yay

PROUDSHINY HUNTER
Old June 30th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Doopliss
(+) Sirena Beach

Well if you can't trade Pokemon via GBA-DS I don't know how you'll get them on Pearl.

Batch 12 finished.
Old June 30th, 2006, 01:39 PM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

I am pretty sure you will trade by putting the GBA game in the GBA Slot, and putting the DS game in the DS Slot. That is the only thing I can think of.

Old June 30th, 2006, 01:46 PM
tyranisneasel
Crazy Dark Master

That's what it's gonna be. Anyway, still don't have my gameboy. Hehe I might just not play at all today because I'm gonna go home at 5:30, then have to leave from 6:00 to about 12:00!
Seth's PokePet

Milo the level 68 Milotic!
Old June 30th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Mudkippy
♥Mudkips Rule♥

I'm still having no luck in finding a shiny mudkip. Maybe I should get a female and male mudkip and start hatching eggs.....but anyways, I'm giving up for awhile on mudkip and moving onto looking for a shiny marill. I'm also just kind of looking for whatever shiny comes my way. Any type of shiny would be nice. Well, wish me luck. Oh, and Jarachi Trainer congratz on getting the shiny rayquaza! gl to everyone else on their hunts for shinies too! ^.^

Thanks gs135790!:D

Member of the shiny hunters club! Thanks MetalMario for the card!
Old June 30th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Jirachi Trainer
Training for Skill

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeleeMaster-ShinyPokemon
I am pretty sure you will trade by putting the GBA game in the GBA Slot, and putting the DS game in the DS Slot. That is the only thing I can think of.
Brilliant though there MeleeMaster...thats probably what they will do I expect, sorta like the way they did with Collo and XD too... the guys at nintendo already have it figured look at the evidence

GBA - GC connectivity and tradin possible
Pokemon Dash can read the cardtridges and make spexcial tracks from them... precisely

So put them together and you get trading between the two by D & P readin the carts :D solved

PROUDSHINY HUNTER
Old June 30th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Tha Pkmn Prodigy
Gym Leader

mudkippy, i suggest you get a female and breed until you get a male mudkip, and breed it with the female. (i know, it would be her son, bit still o.O) i should be in that shiny dex too.....i have over 30 posts
Old June 30th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Mudkippy
♥Mudkips Rule♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Pkmn Prodigy
mudkippy, i suggest you get a female and breed until you get a male mudkip, and breed it with the female. (i know, it would be her son, bit still o.O) i should be in that shiny dex too.....i have over 30 posts
Yea, that's a good idea. I think I'll do that. I think I might breed a female mudkip with my male swampert...but that might not work because I tried breeding a marill and azumarill once, but they didn't like each other, so I had to evole the marill. Breeding a female or male mudkip with a ditto would also work, but unfortunately, I haven't defeated the elite four yet Oh well. I'll think of something.

Old June 30th, 2006, 04:16 PM
DDD'SSCEPTILE
GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
Official Pokemon FireRed & LeafGreen Player's Guide, page 92:
" Specially Colored Pokemon:
If you travel the world of Kanto for a very, very long time, you might come across a rare, specially colored Pokemon. You'll know such a Pokemon by the shine that appears before it attacks, and by the sparkles next to it's gender in the Pokedex. The fancy Pokemon don't bestow you with bonuses--except the envy of your friends."

The examples are Oddish, Metapod, Psyduck and Magikarp.

Well, there's two things that are kinda wrong in that passage. 1st, the "shine" only appears when you toss out the Pokemon Ball and it comes out and says it's name. (Call/Cry). The "sparkles" appear on the SUMMARY screen, NOT the PokeDex. If you use the PokeDex to find out that information, well, then they are correct, but it would be the first time I've heard that the Pokedex is used for such.
"Do you have the tenacity to locate a specially colored Pokemon?" (Same page, title content)

The Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Player's Guide mentions nothing of "Shiny Pokemon". I underestimate the fact that alot of people still don't know that they exist. You'd be suprised yourself if you knew the people I talked to them about and they were like "What?". It's sad, I know. I wish I still had that one guy to talk to.Last year we made a bet to see who would catch a Shiny first. Due to school, feuds, and lost connections... he never talks to me anymore. I think he's still around, but he's just hiding from me. I can get him to come out a little by emailing him. But... last time I did he never replied. I however won the bet with my Shiny Ninetails. I told him to not give up, that if he could find one before I did once more, that I would call it even.
Which brings us to my SHC Report.

Big Suprise: I haven't found any, but at the rate I'm going... I will. I just don't know when.
From last night til today, I've SR'd the Snorlax about the upwards of... oh, say, 250 - 300. ... What? Mom had to go to the doctor this morning... so I sat out in the vehicle and done it for a long while. I might be over 300, but I'm not keeping count. I done it then til my fingers hurt. XD Then she came back out, and I took a break. Then I've done it off and on all day. So I may be over 300, but I'm not pushing it. I can usually do it twice per minute, because it takes time to get through the Title Screen, through the "Previously on your quest" (I hit B to get out of it), and then I need to wake up the thing with the PokeFlute, which takes 5 - 8 seconds. Then it attacks, then I know. Lather, rinse, repeat. But I'm starting to try to do stupid things to enhace my luck, or at least push me forward. This seems a bit more tedious compared to the Power Plant Plunder I'm doing on FR at night. I'm listening to "Change" by The Warren Brothers ("One of these days, my luck is gonna Change, they'll think I'm brilliant instead of insane"), and I even have my old Snorlax plushie out! It's green, so I don't know if that'll give me luck or not... I need bright blue. Papa Smurf!

Later on Update: Now I would say 400 - 450. No Shiny Snorlax. Snorlax gives me the blues.

Hey, I found out that it just needs A+B+START+SELECT to Soft Reset. And it's not as hard as you would think with the DS. I took a picture on how you can do it easiest here.. You use your right hand, and use your thumb to hold in A+B and then use your first finger to input the START and SELECT buttons at the same time. Sometimes it doesn't work cuz you ain't pressin' in one of the buttons, but it works. I've done it like 300 times so I should know. And I'll be doing it another 300 I bet.
You should see from the pic how I have my finger and thumb. I took it this morning. Thought it might be useful for those here with DSs and hadn't figured out an easy way to do it.

-King Dedede's Sceptile
Old June 30th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Mudkippy
♥Mudkips Rule♥

lol I have that guide for FR and LG! ^.^ I use it alot

Old June 30th, 2006, 06:41 PM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD'SSCEPTILE
Official Pokemon FireRed & LeafGreen Player's Guide, page 92:
" Specially Colored Pokemon:
If you travel the world of Kanto for a very, very long time, you might come across a rare, specially colored Pokemon. You'll know such a Pokemon by the shine that appears before it attacks, and by the sparkles next to it's gender in the Pokedex. The fancy Pokemon don't bestow you with bonuses--except the envy of your friends."

The examples are Oddish, Metapod, Psyduck and Magikarp.

Well, there's two things that are kinda wrong in that passage. 1st, the "shine" only appears when you toss out the Pokemon Ball and it comes out and says it's name. (Call/Cry). The "sparkles" appear on the SUMMARY screen, NOT the PokeDex. If you use the PokeDex to find out that information, well, then they are correct, but it would be the first time I've heard that the Pokedex is used for such.
"Do you have the tenacity to locate a specially colored Pokemon?" (Same page, title content)

The Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Player's Guide mentions nothing of "Shiny Pokemon". I underestimate the fact that alot of people still don't know that they exist. You'd be suprised yourself if you knew the people I talked to them about and they were like "What?". It's sad, I know. I wish I still had that one guy to talk to.Last year we made a bet to see who would catch a Shiny first. Due to school, feuds, and lost connections... he never talks to me anymore. I think he's still around, but he's just hiding from me. I can get him to come out a little by emailing him. But... last time I did he never replied. I however won the bet with my Shiny Ninetails. I told him to not give up, that if he could find one before I did once more, that I would call it even.
Which brings us to my SHC Report.

Big Suprise: I haven't found any, but at the rate I'm going... I will. I just don't know when.
From last night til today, I've SR'd the Snorlax about the upwards of... oh, say, 250 - 300. ... What? Mom had to go to the doctor this morning... so I sat out in the vehicle and done it for a long while. I might be over 300, but I'm not keeping count. I done it then til my fingers hurt. XD Then she came back out, and I took a break. Then I've done it off and on all day. So I may be over 300, but I'm not pushing it. I can usually do it twice per minute, because it takes time to get through the Title Screen, through the "Previously on your quest" (I hit B to get out of it), and then I need to wake up the thing with the PokeFlute, which takes 5 - 8 seconds. Then it attacks, then I know. Lather, rinse, repeat. But I'm starting to try to do stupid things to enhace my luck, or at least push me forward. This seems a bit more tedious compared to the Power Plant Plunder I'm doing on FR at night. I'm listening to "Change" by The Warren Brothers ("One of these days, my luck is gonna Change, they'll think I'm brilliant instead of insane"), and I even have my old Snorlax plushie out! It's green, so I don't know if that'll give me luck or not... I need bright blue. Papa Smurf!

Later on Update: Now I would say 400 - 450. No Shiny Snorlax. Snorlax gives me the blues.

Hey, I found out that it just needs A+B+START+SELECT to Soft Reset. And it's not as hard as you would think with the DS. I took a picture on how you can do it easiest here.. You use your right hand, and use your thumb to hold in A+B and then use your first finger to input the START and SELECT buttons at the same time. Sometimes it doesn't work cuz you ain't pressin' in one of the buttons, but it works. I've done it like 300 times so I should know. And I'll be doing it another 300 I bet.
You should see from the pic how I have my finger and thumb. I took it this morning. Thought it might be useful for those here with DSs and hadn't figured out an easy way to do it.

-King Dedede's Sceptile
Well, I SR by using just my big thumb and pressing A, B, Start, Select, and sometimes X and Y. It works much easier, IMO.

Old June 30th, 2006, 06:48 PM
DDD'SSCEPTILE
GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeleeMaster-ShinyPokemon
Well, I SR by using just my big thumb and pressing A, B, Start, Select, and sometimes X and Y. It works much easier, IMO.
Really? Cause I just tried it, and it's really tricky and I couldn't get it to work. I like my version.
Old June 30th, 2006, 11:33 PM
D'MoneyBoi
Beginning Trainer

haha ive got a snorlax plushie too...its small though...i vave quite a few...but for the sake of on-topic-ness i tried soft reseting all night but no luck...its only the first week and i wasnt looking for the first shiny i found...so im guessing that if i keep at it, it should only take me 4 more weeks... or somewhere in there... happy hunting

credit to metalmario for the awesome TC...
Old July 1st, 2006, 02:33 AM
Nuke

Nature: Relaxed
Still searching for Magikarp
Eggs Hatched : 102

And lucky me finally done the pokemon league but even more luckier I caught shiny Groudon

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old July 1st, 2006, 08:04 AM
Brit Lucifer
Phantasmagorical!

lucky indeed...
*still doesnt have a shiny* :'(
Old July 1st, 2006, 10:34 AM
D'MoneyBoi
Beginning Trainer

i like the 1 handed DS SR im gunna try that and see if it is any easier...thx 4 the heds up king dedede's sceptile...lol on the name

credit to metalmario for the awesome TC...
Old July 1st, 2006, 03:21 PM
Wes1234
Vesalaki and Linda obsessor!

Location: Somewhere on the blue and green ball we call Earth.
Send a message via AIM to Wes1234 Send a message via Yahoo to Wes1234
Hiya guys! I've been shiny Eevee hunting for some time now (around 400+ eggs hatched!). I did hatch a shiny Eevee on Emerald before I went on my hatching spree again (that's when I started hatching again and like I said, I'm now up to 400 eggs ever since I hatched my previous shiny Eevee). As you can tell, I evolved my shiny Eevee into Espeon (look in siggy), but the Umbreon is so far only a dream waiting to happen. Anyways, I'll shut up now and restart my hatching. I'll keep ya'll updated (duh!).

Wanted shinies:
Jolteon
Flareon
Vaporeon
Umbreon
Eevee

Owned shinies:
Espeon (nickname: Vesalaki)

Other recolored Eeveelutions from episode screenshots:
Spoiler:

Credits to Conman for this card!

The Journey of a Lifetime (Chapter 12 is up!)
A fanfic by your's truly!

Adopted pokemon:
LOL! Shiny Espeon![/sig-disable]
Old July 2nd, 2006, 05:24 AM
Nuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Jonny
Still searching for Magikarp
Eggs Hatched : 102

And lucky me finally done the pokemon league but even more luckier I caught shiny Groudon
Eggs Hatched : 121
How much eggs does it usually take til you get a shiny?

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old July 2nd, 2006, 07:17 AM
Yami_Zidane
Scyther

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes1234
Hiya guys! I've been shiny Eevee hunting for some time now (around 400+ eggs hatched!). I did hatch a shiny Eevee on Emerald before I went on my hatching spree again (that's when I started hatching again and like I said, I'm now up to 400 eggs ever since I hatched my previous shiny Eevee). As you can tell, I evolved my shiny Eevee into Espeon (look in siggy), but the Umbreon is so far only a dream waiting to happen. Anyways, I'll shut up now and restart my hatching. I'll keep ya'll updated (duh!).

Wanted shinies:
Jolteon
Flareon
Vaporeon
Umbreon
Eevee

Owned shinies:
Espeon (nickname: Vesalaki)
Well im guessing you want to join, so welcome to the best club at PC

Quote:
Could be 2, or it could be thousands. Persistance is the key so just keep at it, but if your looking for Magikarp just fish for it with an old rod, it wont take as long as waking around hatching eggs.

Well i have finished EV training Raticate so now im in the Safri Zone (Oh noes) looking for a Chansey with a lucky egg.. rather boring but i need one.. im hoping a shiny doesnt turn up for once just incase it flee's
Old July 2nd, 2006, 07:29 AM
Wes1234
Vesalaki and Linda obsessor!

Location: Somewhere on the blue and green ball we call Earth.
Send a message via AIM to Wes1234 Send a message via Yahoo to Wes1234
Yeah, I do want to join. Just finished hatching 30 more eggs. No shiny. (How suprising.... LOL!) *sigh* So many steps to hatch an Eevee! So long to wait! Too many eggs, etc! LOL! Sorry, I was only just complaining.

Other recolored Eeveelutions from episode screenshots:
Spoiler:

Credits to Conman for this card!

The Journey of a Lifetime (Chapter 12 is up!)
A fanfic by your's truly!

Adopted pokemon:
LOL! Shiny Espeon![/sig-disable]
Old July 2nd, 2006, 07:49 AM
Feraligatr master
Im British you know!

Nature: Naive
The shiny hunting has been brilliant so far. anyway i gave up on Rayquaza and started wandering around random patches of grass, when i entered a battle, i went downstairs then came back up 5 mins later to find my brother playing on my DS, he said he caught me a shiny taillow. sure enougth he was telling the truth. i'll get his stats up etc. soon when my DS is charged up.

Good luck to all.

FM
The Ruby Destiny Trilogy
Pokemon Light Platinum
Old July 2nd, 2006, 01:10 PM
Nuke

Quote:
Eggs Hatched : 134
On my Ruby I've started hatching Pichu eggs for a shiny Pichu
Pichu Eggs Hatched : 6

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links