Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old July 7th, 2006 (10:39 PM).
Shinji Ikari fan! <333

Send a message via AIM to Sandran
Hello, Would I be allowed to join? Though I have no shinies yet, I have been searching for a shiny Whismur, Skitty, Sandshrew, and Zangoose. I don't know if I could join.. though. So its fine if I can't. nn;

drowning in my own sorrow

Spoiler:

Neon Genesis Evangelion fan. <3

Proud member of the Shiny Hunters club!
Shinies owned:

Looking for:

Thanks for the card, gs135790!

Old July 7th, 2006 (10:51 PM).
Izzet Ingenuity~
Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
Umm.. would i be allowed to join the shiny hunters club.. altho right now.. im not quite used to this forum stuff... (i just started i think a few days agao?)..anywyas.. right now im lookin fer shinies on island six near the ruins.. ...well CAN shinies be found there?Plz gimmie a heads-up if i can join..? It would be greatly appreciated :D
and also.. i have LOTS of spare time this summer to search for them.. if u need any specific.. i can try my hardest to find :D
Old July 7th, 2006 (11:33 PM). Edited July 8th, 2006 by shido.
Blood Sucker

WOOHOO IM THE FIRST TO REPLY THIS TIME lol

*ahem* well im sure the owners/co-owners will let you join long as u promise hunt and not cheat XD

shinnies can be found anywhere btw in the wild , from soft resetting (pressing the A , B , Start and Select buttons all at once to reset the gameboy) in front of pokemon (ie rayquaza , the starters , mewtwo )and from hatching eggs , all of which u have 1 in 8192 chance of finding one .

and before anyone asks shinnies are not stronger then normal pokemon their stats are jus as likely to be low or high as any other pokemon

MM I NEED YOUR OH SO SMARTNESS (mathmaticly speaking of courses ) XD i got this off serebii and i saw it on another site just a few minutes before ( was googlings shinnies XD ) but yeah im not quite sure i understand it so can u explain it here on the forum or pm it to me if its too long and complicated

Originally Posted by aucy.com/pokemon
Unlike GSC, RSE FRLG shinies are no difference apart from colour to other Pokemon.
Probability of finding one= 1/ 8192 ~= 0.00012207...

THe factor of shiny Pokemon is affected by the following factors:
1. your REAL trainer ID:
What you normally see on your ID is actually the 2nd part of your actual ID. The upper part is unviewable and is NOT calculated in denary, but 16nary. (00000~FFFFF) Getting the exact same ID with another trainer is almost impossible.

2. Nature mechanics:
Nature number divided by 25, remainder will be the Nature mechanics. (The chart is in http://aucy.com/pokemon/gba/rarepm.php )
example: 0034F5EA(h) = 3470826
    3470826 % 25 = 1,Nature is +attack -defense

3. Gender:
The ending 2 of the Gendar value (00~FF)

4. Characteristics:
If that species has 2 characteristics, the Shiny will be effected by the odd or even characteristic.

5. Now, the formula of shiny Pokemon:
A=Upper part of trainer ID * Final part of trainer ID * Nature (upper) * Nature (lower)
If A is smaller or equal to 7, that Pokemon will be a shiny.
Which is unlikely, that's why they are so rare.

*is confuzzled a bit*

and heres what i saw on the other site

http://psypokes.com/lab/shiny.php

its kinda G@y like serebii where it wont let u copy and paste lol so jus go there and read it *is even more confuzzled*

so i guess one of my questions besides is this true and can having a low trainer id help (not garuntee but HELP ) increase chances and is it possible to have yer trainer id and hidden id so high that u never see a shiny?

SHINIES ~ TOTAL 27 - Caught in 3rd Gen 25 Latest Treecko - Caught in DP 2 Latest pelipper
Spoiler:
Shiny Card Created by the lovely Lady Darkmoon
Old July 8th, 2006 (03:21 AM).

Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Pokemon Trainer Jonny:
Magikarp Eggs Hatched (Emerald) - 137
Pichu Eggs Hatched (Ruby) - 8
And I guess your wondering why it isn't much more,
Well I'm training Shiny Dragonair On Leafgreen.
shiny Dragonair = Lv 49
GL getting one soon,Pkmn Prodigy.
Magikarp Eggs Hatched - 151
Pichu Eggs Hatched - 22
Shiny Dragonite = Lvl 57 (Since its evovled I've stopped training it now I can hatch more eggs)
Old July 8th, 2006 (05:43 AM).
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
What is your shiny Dragonite's nature?

Edit: Nothing new with Dratini or Treecko. I'll SR for Dratini for a week, then Latios, you know the drill. My bro SRs for Treecko...

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old July 8th, 2006 (07:58 AM).
Izzet Ingenuity~
Crystal Tier

umm shido.. o.O.. i did compltely not understand that (what i just said may be hard to undertsand as well )..so ya..ahem.. ur point is that ur hidden ID or ur seeable ID can affect ur chances of finding a shiny pokemon?? thats prete cooll... i guess ive had always had bad luck.. since ive basically got wicked awesome stuffs on all the different se3ries.. and have nva caught a shiny pokemon.. besides red garados (definite spellin probs here)..and then it was hard to catch//lmfao.. i have the worst of luck when it comes toi catching any sort of special pokemion.. except for the time i caught rayquaza with an ultra ball when it wasnt even hurt ()..and when i acught Articuno in the EARLY games.. with a pokeball at full health. but ya that was it.. no luck wut so ever in catching wicked awesome pokes....ya.. i'll be quiet now :D
Old July 8th, 2006 (08:15 AM).
Crazy Dark Master

Hey there everyone! No shiny, but Pirates rocks! It's so awesome! Anyway, I really don't like keeping track of how many Dunsparce I see, so I just keep using Sweet Scent and Running, Sweet Scent and Running. I run so I see as many Dunsparce as possible. Anyway, Shido, what are Pokemon characteristics?O_o I've never heard of them before. Good Luck everyone! Oh yeah, look at the new banner King Kobra made me! Isn't it awesome?
Seth's PokePet

Milo the level 68 Milotic!
Old July 8th, 2006 (10:12 AM).
Izzet Ingenuity~
Crystal Tier

Umm also.. i know im not part of ur club yet... (hopefully i will be soonlol..) anywyas.. lol how can i just get avatars and put them on my signature or w/e.. to show im lookin for them or alrede have them??

~Knowledge is power~
Old July 8th, 2006 (10:56 AM).
Blood Sucker

well ty tell u the truth im not 100 %on all that stuff that i posted either lol so i rather not mislead u with whati think it means lol just wait for MM or sumone else whos knows about that stuff (more or less sanyways) to try to explain i guess

SHINIES ~ TOTAL 27 - Caught in 3rd Gen 25 Latest Treecko - Caught in DP 2 Latest pelipper
Spoiler:
Shiny Card Created by the lovely Lady Darkmoon
Old July 8th, 2006 (02:42 PM).
Nostalgia is powerful.

On my way to my cuzin's house, I SRed for Treecko until I fell asleep. I didn't get a shiny tho. I'm at his house now, and I"m SRing for shiny Dratini still.

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old July 8th, 2006 (04:58 PM).
GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
I'm going to post a tiny update. I have had an operation, and it's keeping me off my feet. Ingrown toenail cut out.
Well, I've played Emerald and I'm standing inside the Frontier. Absolutely NO SHINES... although alot of stuff was really, really cool, and definately had my on my toes. However, before I took on the Elite 4, I used on of my Master Balls on Rayquaza. I still have the one from bounty booty FR, so don't worry. I've done a little of the others (FR, LG) but no shinies either. This kinda hurts. Not just my toe, either. :'(
-DDD
Old July 8th, 2006 (06:34 PM).

sry ive been gone 4 so long...camp in daytona...but on thursday me and da fam drivin up to DC frm GA so ill have about 10 hrs to SR in the car...then 10 back...tried 2 sr 4 beldum but i wasnt sposed to bring gameboys so i just left the charger at home... it died :/...

credit to metalmario for the awesome TC...
Old July 8th, 2006 (06:52 PM).
Gold Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Nova, Sandran, KillerSwift, you may join!

Shido: That formula sounds like BS to me. And since when do natures have upper and lower values? The only truth I can see in that is that Nature is calculated by taking the mod-25 of the PV. The mod-5 of that value gives you the lowered stat; the value divided by 5 (rounding down) gives you the stat which is raised. Attack=0, Defense=1, Speed=2, Special Attack=3, Special Defense=4.

Shininess is calculated by XORing four values: the Trainer ID, the Hidden ID, the upper 16 bits of the PV, and the lower 16 bits of the PV. Your Trainer IDs are each 16 bits. Lop off the 3 lowest order bits, and if the result is 0, you have a shiny. (Equivalently, you can see if the value is 7 or less instead of lopping off the 3 lowest order bits.)

There's a ton of equivalent ways of representing the shiny formula. One of the more important ones is to seperate the constant parts from the equation. XOR your Trainer ID and Hidden ID. Knock off the 3 lowest bits. The result is a number between 0 and 8191: this is your "Shiny ID." For each Pokémon, take the XOR of the upper and lower 16 bits of the PV and lop off the 3 lowest from the result. If it matches your Shiny ID, you have a shiny. This is the simplest way to represent the egg trading effect, where an egg may contain a shiny if hatched by one trainer, but not by another: your Shiny IDs are different.

I suppose you could also consider an "Extended Trainer ID", which would be a 32 bit integer where the first 16 bits come from your Trainer ID and the last 16 come from your Hidden ID. It won't look like your Trainer ID because your Trainer ID is always shown in decimal.

7232 Treeckos seen ±131, 90% of the time.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old July 8th, 2006 (10:38 PM).
Izzet Ingenuity~
Crystal Tier

Cook thnx MM... umm is there neffin else i have 2 do to join it or stay in it..well besides catching shinies.. adn also.. how do i get shiny avatars on ym sig?? its rele botherin me..lawl..

~Knowledge is power~
Old July 8th, 2006 (11:57 PM).
Shinji Ikari fan! <333

Send a message via AIM to Sandran
Eep! Thanks. x3 I've been searching for a Shiny Whismur all day, and have yet to find one. They are hard. D: I'm amazed at it too. xD

drowning in my own sorrow

Spoiler:

Neon Genesis Evangelion fan. <3

Proud member of the Shiny Hunters club!
Shinies owned:

Looking for:

Thanks for the card, gs135790!

Old July 9th, 2006 (03:51 AM).

Gold Tier

Magikarp Eggs Hatched - 151
Pichu Eggs Hatched - 22
Shiny Dragonite = Lvl 57 (Since its evovled I've stopped training it now I can hatch more eggs)
Magikarp Eggs Hatched - 157
Pichu Eggs Hatched - 25

And MMSP I'l have a look today and tel next time im on.
Old July 9th, 2006 (04:44 AM).
Box-kun

Not much hunting done so far got loads of coursework and stuff in as theres only 2 weeks of school so Im busy alot of the time.

Really wanna get back to hunting Pory n Treecko though

I jitter back and forth to these forums. Hopefully this time i'll stick around . Looking for friends, people from the UK and anyone and everyone to talk to. Hit me up if any of these is you.
Old July 9th, 2006 (09:03 AM).

Gold Tier

Magikarp Eggs Hatched - 157
Pichu Eggs Hatched - 25

And MMSP I'l have a look today and tel next time im on.
Its Impish MMSP.

Magikarp Eggs - 163
Pichu Eggs - 28
Old July 9th, 2006 (10:37 AM).
Izzet Ingenuity~
Crystal Tier

Umm guys... how can i paste pics onto signature or w/e?? its rele bugign me ..lawl..

~Knowledge is power~
Old July 9th, 2006 (12:29 PM).
Shiny Giratina pwns you

Killer-Swift: First find a picture you want to paste into your sig. Then right click it (if it's on the internet that is) and click properties. Then highlight the URL in the middle of the window that pops up and copy it. Then all you have to do is go to Edit Signature in your control panel and paste it with Image tags. If you don't know how to image tag, just scroll over the bottons above the sig box until you the one that says image.

*deep breath*

Update: 3400 Scyther Resets. I'm going to be gone at the beach for two weeks, and then I might be going to somewhere else the week right after, so I'll be gone for a while. I'm going to hate having to read like, 300 posts when I get back. <(>.<)>

<I>Kobra<I>
Old July 9th, 2006 (12:50 PM). Edited July 9th, 2006 by Ullion.
Izzet Ingenuity~
Crystal Tier

YES! i feel so proud... i just found AND caught my first shiny (besides red gyarados).. unfortuntely it wasnt in its first stage... i caught a shiny machoke ..well.. b4 i get too proud (lol)... has any1 else caught 1..? And um KingKobra.. thnx for the tips but i dont follow the image tags thing or w/e.. but i'll try again.. n thnx again man! :D

~Knowledge is power~
Old July 9th, 2006 (03:22 PM).
Delete.

Nature: Calm
First I would like to welcome the new members of SHC and congrats Killer-Swift on your first shiny.

SHC Report:
I think I am bound to find a shiny sooner or later, I've been feeling lucky. I may just join King-Kobra in the hunt for Shiny Scyther when I get to Celadon, or I may search for Shiny Dratini. Anyway, I have already evolved my Bulbasaur all the way up into a Venusaur before I even got to Cerulean City (No, not Shiny). I murdered Staryu and Starmie. I'm now training my Kadabra, going to evole him into Alakazam when he reaches lvl 30, hes 27 now. But, between them I have ran into alot, and I mean alot, of wild pokemon but sadly no shinies.

I saw Pirates today, it was really good but I still say the first one was better.

I have returned from a long hiatus from playing Pokemon and I am now starting fresh and new on Platinum.
Badges: 6
Current Team: Staravia, Infernape, Empoleon, Torterra, Luxray
Old July 9th, 2006 (03:32 PM).
Izzet Ingenuity~
Crystal Tier

Thnx exo.. means alot .. nad ya.. lol.. im not completely sure who i should search for next.. and i might be gettin another pokemon version... i have S/FR/G/C/Y... plz suggest which 1 i shuld get (my bday is cmin up soon)... or maybe i shuld just get a 2nd GBA... and link em toigether and trade between FR and S...lol.. i unno... i dun think i shuld get neffin new yet.. lawl.. anywyas.. i culd also use some suggestions on which shiny to go after next... altho i was thinkin of goin after a shiny zapdos... then store all ym pokemon on my friends LG.. then start over and hope to get a shiny starter... and talkin bout shiny starters.. does it show it bein shiny when u check the pokemon and Oak says "Oh so you want bulbasaur, its a very easy pokemon to raise".. or do i actually have to pick it..?

~Knowledge is power~
Old July 9th, 2006 (03:38 PM).
Delete.

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Killer-Swift:
Thnx exo.. means alot .. nad ya.. lol.. im not completely sure who i should search for next.. and i might be gettin another pokemon version... i have S/FR/G/C/Y... plz suggest which 1 i shuld get (my bday is cmin up soon)... or maybe i shuld just get a 2nd GBA... and link em toigether and trade between FR and S...lol.. i unno... i dun think i shuld get neffin new yet.. lawl.. anywyas.. i culd also use some suggestions on which shiny to go after next... altho i was thinkin of goin after a shiny zapdos... then store all ym pokemon on my friends LG.. then start over and hope to get a shiny starter... and talkin bout shiny starters.. does it show it bein shiny when u check the pokemon and Oak says "Oh so you want bulbasaur, its a very easy pokemon to raise".. or do i actually have to pick it..?
Since your b-day is coming up, i'd suggest you get you parents to get you a Nintendo DS Lite since the new Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are coming out by the end of this year or the beginning of next year and plus you can trade Pokemon between R/S/E/LG/FR and D/P just using one DS Lite.

Just go after any pokemon you like alot and try to find a shiny version of it.

You have to actually pick the pokemon and look at the stat screen to see if its shiny, the first pic that Oak shows you wont be shiny so you have to check from the stat screen.

I have returned from a long hiatus from playing Pokemon and I am now starting fresh and new on Platinum.
Badges: 6
Current Team: Staravia, Infernape, Empoleon, Torterra, Luxray
Old July 9th, 2006 (03:40 PM).
Izzet Ingenuity~
Crystal Tier

lol..srry bout that exo... my parents definetly WONT get me a Nintendo DS.. lite or not.. and also.. prob not even a new gaming system ...lol.. and also.. i guess i'll go for Zapdos/Ponyta... since no1 in this group has pnyta yet.. and shiny ponyta looks kewl.. with the blue flames n all ..and exo, can i add u as a friend (u'd be first since i joined this place like last week).

~Knowledge is power~
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)