Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 27th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Yami_Zidane
Scyther

Nature: Impish

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlomence
Off-topic: I was told this was an "active" thread. This was obviously an understatement XD
On-topic: My shinies: caterpie (useless), walrein (yay!), ampharos (yay!)
Well there are times when we are very active.. i believe when Diamond and Pearl are released our activity will increase tenfold.

Anyway welcome to our humble club, happy hunting!
Old September 27th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Nell

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nell
Mmm... I will definitely be posting regularly, as I have lately taken to finding more and more shinies, most of which I kill off to frustrate my observing friends. Let's see, I'm hunting for shiny Skarmory, anyone here own one?
"Close your eyes and mould the silence with your thoughts. Now, breathe. What do you see?"
Old September 27th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlomence View Post
Mmm... I will definitely be posting regularly, as I have lately taken to finding more and more shinies, most of which I kill off to frustrate my observing friends. Let's see, I'm hunting for shiny Skarmory, anyone here own one?
Well, i never really went shiny hunting, on my new file of pkmn LG, a shiny ghastly jumped me, and im glad i seen it glitter, since im slightly color blind,(meaning similar colors like blue and purple are hard for me to decipher o.0) so thats why i go after pokemon that are easy to tell if they are shiny, (like the stupid rayquaza).

OFF-TOPIC-But, as you can see, i started the pokecommunity forums in september of this year, and i already have almost 80 posts.. which i dont know if thats good or not, but im very active,

Btw i forgot to welcome you Typhlomence to the shiny hunters cub!

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old September 27th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Nell

.... I have been welcomed by the co-owner of this humble thread, thanks. Anyways~ I'm actually going for a triple profit. Next to fallabor town, I'm using my mach bike to gather ash, look for a Shiny Skarmory and train my shiny caterpie with the macho brace.
"Close your eyes and mould the silence with your thoughts. Now, breathe. What do you see?"
Old September 27th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Lol, that would look so awesome, a shiny Butterfree!!

Anywayz, good luck hunting!

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old September 27th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Nell

Yeah, but I'll have to prioritise that under catching Skarmory, because even normal Skarmory are rare, so I don't fancy my chances...
Old September 27th, 2006, 08:52 PM
♥Nova♥
Ignore the Funny Farm

Typlomence :: Welcome to the Club. Best of luck Hunting for Shiny Skarmory. I'm not sure if anyone has it or not. Since they're so Rare though, it might be easier to Breed? Just a thought.

Raz Mazter :: LOL I remember when my Shiny Ghastly popped out on me. It was back when I didn't purposely look for Shinies and barely knew what they were. XD
Nova's Kawaii Trainer Card Shop

PC Family
My Bestest Friend is Naruto-kun
My Shiny Hunting Twin is Melee-kun
My Big Brother is Shiny-san
My Big Sister is Summer-san
Old September 27th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Nell

Lol, I found a Skarmory and got all over-excited and thought it was a shiny because its cry sounded like the shiny sound, but it was just a normal that even went on to slaughter my caterpie!! XD
Old September 27th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Nova♥ View Post
Typlomence :: Welcome to the Club. Best of luck Hunting for Shiny Skarmory. I'm not sure if anyone has it or not. Since they're so Rare though, it might be easier to Breed? Just a thought.

Raz Mazter :: LOL I remember when my Shiny Ghastly popped on me. It was back when I didn't purposely look for Shinies and barely knew what they were. XD
Ya totally, but im not sure whether to evolve it to haunter or gengar, and keep it at that stage, can anyone help me decide?

Btw its at lv.13, i didnt touch it since i caught it last year, lol, so shuold i evolve it or not?

(sorry for being off topic,)

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old September 27th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Nell

Hmm... well, you should probs make it a gengar. Give it a good EP spread, and you should be fine.
Old September 27th, 2006, 09:05 PM
♥Nova♥
Ignore the Funny Farm

Well, I don't think it's considered Off-Topic when it is just talking about how to raise your Shinies. Hm... Oh well. XD

I'd personally go on and Evolve it. But then again, I'm a Multi-Tasking Poke'Maniac who likes to turn my Shinies into Invicible Battle Machines. XD But, it really is up to the Hunter as to what they want to do with thier Shinies. I mean some just Catch and leave them be for Collector's Value. It's your decision.
Nova's Kawaii Trainer Card Shop

PC Family
My Bestest Friend is Naruto-kun
My Shiny Hunting Twin is Melee-kun
My Big Brother is Shiny-san
My Big Sister is Summer-san
Old September 27th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

well i am also an items collector, i collect lots of hold items, because FYI my fire red game, (which i got for my b-day 2 years ago,) is my main game,
i spent almost 200 hours and i have 300 something pokemon atm, but i left it at my friends house and he tried a gameshark code for having all pokemon and it changed my dex from 300 something to 200 something, and it erased the data of some pokemon i already had, so i had to recatch all those pokemon that were erased.. -.-, but luckily they were all the pokemon i got from the first genereation, which i cought all and got the diploma, but now i need to get them all again,

i think i got all of them almost, havent really played my FR lately,
And i think im going to catch 5 more shinies, (if i can) and make a shiny team xD

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old September 28th, 2006, 12:37 AM
Nell

YES!! I didn't quite get around to catching a shiny Skarmory but I ended up catching a shiny Sandshrew! Hmm... anyone got any suggestions as to what shiny can be caught easily (in comparison)
Old September 28th, 2006, 01:46 AM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlomence View Post
YES!! I didn't quite get around to catching a shiny Skarmory but I ended up catching a shiny Sandshrew! Hmm... anyone got any suggestions as to what shiny can be caught easily (in comparison)
Gratz on the shiny sandshrew, but i dont think there is any difference in pokemon of a certain race having a higher chance of being shiny then a pokemon of another race, unless were talking legendaries, but i still dont think its different with legendaries, if tha is what your asking, because your question is unclear.

But still, congratz!

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old September 28th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Nell

Yeps, Ima confused. But thankies for congratulating me. I meant, like a pokemon that pops out regularly, so there is a higher chance of seeing a shiny of that pokemon
Old September 28th, 2006, 01:59 AM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Well if you put it in that terminology, then yes, I agree with you, for example, let's say your hunting for both a shiny rattata and a shiny skarmory that both happen to appear in the same grass, you run around and it has a probability of every 1 in 10 that you encounter a skarmory, whilst the rattata's appear in about 9 in every 10 encounters, plus you add the 1 in 8176 or something, for the probability of even encountering a shiny, and by saying all this, it proves your theory of seeing a frequent pokemon has a better chance of being a shiny then a less frequent pokemon.

Ehehe, the smartest thing i said all day, hope i didn't screw up xD

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old September 28th, 2006, 02:02 AM
Nell

Well, I guess you didn't, but your spelling incapicated your entire statement. Moving on~ Okays, an hour of training has resulted in my level 67 Shiny sandslash, I also gave up on trying find a shiny tentacool, SO freakin' annoying, I knocked out around 700 of them with my Mewtwo, grrrr *grumbles on*
Old September 28th, 2006, 11:47 AM
♠Shiny♠Mr.Mime♠
Booted out - don't be like me!

hello new old co owners and aaryn

i am still hunting shiny regirock i think i will try to get shiny miltank thanks for the inspiration of yami zidane shiny miltank

well thats is my report bye
Old September 28th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Ullion
Demonic | Ice | Mirrors³

*In a deep voice* "WELCOME ALL NEW MEMBERS"

Lol, well yes, welcome all! And grats on all the enw shinies, wow last night seemed rele active, even without the coming out of D/P

Anyways, afetr seeing all the new shinies all-of-asudden besing cught, I WANT ANOTHER SHINY! *Runs off to corner and cries*, well after i get through some of my fr, i think i might look for a shiny venonat. I don;t tihnk any1 else ahs 1, not to enmtion shiny venemoth looks prete sweet. Well, GL ON SHINY HUNTING!
Credit to BooBoo-chan for this theme. =D

Old September 28th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Nell

Alrighties then, level 56 shiny butterfree, from a shiny caterpie I thought was useless, but it's actually got some decent stats and my shiny sandslash I caught as a shiny sandshrew just the other day is now at level 89, I'm now hunting for a shiny bagon, with no luck *grr*
Old September 28th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Lol, everyone has all the luck, im on day 4 rsing this stupid rayquaza.. -.- i hate it soo much.. but when it becomes shiny!! thats when ill love it xD

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old September 28th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Nell

Correction* IF the Rayquaza appears as a shiny to you. Remember the odds, and don't be too expectant, determined perhaps, but never expectant, it'll crush you. And yes, I am a lucky prat. Sue me XD Anyways~ Anyone here that can tell me which is easier to find, shiny swablu,or bagon?
Old September 28th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

I think a shiny swablu would be easaier, since oyu encounter swablus in alot of places, rather the Bagon you can only encounter in that cave at the far end,

Thats my opinion, plus bagon is hard to even encounter, so even if you try, you might get a shiny of another pokemon instead of bagon.

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old September 28th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Ullion
Demonic | Ice | Mirrors³

Shiny Bagon would be alot better as a shiny (i think) but Swablu is by far mroe ezier, i think as well...

Sum1 plz say also, i am not quite sure, sicne ic ant remember how common a swablu is...lol
Credit to BooBoo-chan for this theme. =D

Old September 28th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer-Swift View Post
Shiny Bagon would be alot better as a shiny (i think) but Swablu is by far mroe ezier, i think as well...

Sum1 plz say also, i am not quite sure, sicne ic ant remember how common a swablu is...lol
National Dex #333
Johto Dex #-
Hoenn Dex #121
Shin'ō Dex #?
Type Normal / Flying
Species Cotton Bird Pokémon
Ability Natural Cure
Egg groups Flying
Dragon
Effort yield 1 SpD
Exp. yield 74 base exp.
Lv100 at 600,000 exp.