Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old April 25th, 2007 (10:42 AM).
shido
Blood Sucker

no i dont have the national dex ...... but I have ditto ( bahahaha wifi wins agains ) ... I just got flareon XP I dug up a fire stone and used it on meh eevee .

im finaly going into the breeding town , oh and last night I got a lucky egg so easy training now

SHINIES ~ TOTAL 27 - Caught in 3rd Gen 25 Latest Treecko - Caught in DP 2 Latest pelipper
Spoiler:
Shiny Card Created by the lovely Lady Darkmoon
Old April 25th, 2007 (10:44 AM).
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
I am finally back. But with no new shiny's. I hope I get one soon.
Old April 25th, 2007 (01:45 PM).
Lt. Surge's Raichu
chuuu?
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Relaxed
Well, i have stopped hunting today, will probably continue tomorrow
Old April 25th, 2007 (01:52 PM).
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
Well, I've been soft resetting for Chimchar since I got back. Reading the Guide Book, too. The Guide Book is pretty lame, but I do like how everything looks. Good luck to everyone shiny hunting.

So, shido, you can get non-Sinnoh Dex Pokemon (i.e., National Dex Pokemon) through GTS before actually getting the National Dex? Awesome! Now I can have a Tangrowth on my team.

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old April 25th, 2007 (02:45 PM).
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Shido: How are you getting all this post-ND stuff? Do you have the friend code of some Japanese player who's had the game for a while or something? Oh, and I'd love a Ditto if you have an extra. I can trade you starters. BTW, no thanks on that Burmy. I shouldn't have that much trouble catching one once I make it back to the western part of Sinnoh. I caught a female Combee pretty easily.

In other news...

I caught a shiny Geodude!! ^o^

(other pictures can be found in my Shiny Album)

I was paranoid it'd Selfdestruct, so I just threw a Repeat Ball and had it. I'm NOT going to go through another shiny Lairon incident. What a turn-off that'd be to me for the fourth-generation. Thankfully, it stayed in.

I recorded a video of its capture, but the sound crapped out and didn't record for some reason. I'm still going to post the video on Youtube later this evening, probably with some music thrown over top, if I can find something appropriate.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old April 25th, 2007 (02:56 PM).
Dark Steelix Lv X
Final Atomic Buster

Lol haven't posted here in awhile. Heh its always been down for me when I try to get on xD Anyways I got both D and P. Using P to Sr for chimchar but lol its takes really lol, haven't tried much. In my Diamond I've tried Sring for honey tree pokes but no luck. I'm looking forward to friday when I will SR like crazy for shiny drifloon. It'll be a long long while till I can pal park my 3rd gen shinies, I plan on going for shiny dialga and lord knows how long that'll take once I get to it xD COngrats to anyone who's gotten a shiny lately and Good luck to everyone else on their hunts!

+ Unown !, Skarmory, Uxie, Treecko, Torchic, Palkia, Metapod, Rotom, Voltorb, Mudkip, Darkrai, Shaymin, Azelf, Mewtwo, Electrode, Machop, Trapinch, Grimer
Credit to Yami Zidane

TARGETS:
Old April 25th, 2007 (03:47 PM).
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Lol! I just noticed the "personality flavour" for my shiny Geodude--"somewhat vain." "Hey everyone, look at me! I'm GOLD!! Neeners!" xP

The more I hear people declaring that they're going to reset for shiny Drifloon, the less I want to. He's really becoming too overrated. Not unlike Porygon. When I got one, nobody else had one. Now everyone does. I remember that bubble burst when Missingno Master went after one. =/

I'll EV shiny Geodude once I get the Macho Brace and, preferably, Fly. Do Pal Parked Pokémon keep their Pokérus? I may hold off on the EV training if I can import Pokérus from there.

osu!
stream
github
Old April 25th, 2007 (03:58 PM).
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Hey, everyone. Sychronize SRing has been confirmed to work. I'm sure you all have probably already thought about it, but Sychronize SRing is taking advantage of the Synchronize trait in Emearld and utilizing it to maximize the odds of you finding a shiny with a specific nature. This worked with wild Pokemon (and I believe Pokemon given to you) in Emerald, but not for SRing. It now works for SRing on Diamond. Can anyone say Timid shiny Azelf? Adamant shiny Dialga?

Congrats on the shiny Geodude, MM. Funny how the people who AREN'T hunting are getting shinies. Heh, maybe I should trick my game into thinking I'm hunting for a female Chimchar with a good nature.

*says he is hunting for female Chimchar with a good nature aloud*

I was eating dinner, and I couldn't really soft reset, so I decided to "play through" a bit. To be honest, I'm not missing out on that much. I know the game is gonna be great when I get on, but beating those Lvl 2 Starly and Bidoof just wouldn't be as fun as it would be if I had a shiny Chimchar.

Oh, yeah, MM, I decided on hunting for a shiny Drifloon as soon as the shiny sprites for D/P were released. In fact, I've decided on most, if not, ALL of my future targets.

Old April 25th, 2007 (04:11 PM).
mrplanters
The new meaning of legend

Well guys I was thinking about how much a shiny was actually worth to me and I found it out it wasn't too much. If I had to choose between like 5 dollars or twenty shiny pokemon I would take the five bucks. Anyways what are your opinions about how much there worth to you? and congrats on the geodude metal mario.

Old April 25th, 2007 (04:37 PM).
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Five bucks? I'd definitely take the shiny! I can easily get twenty bucks in two weeks, if I just did my chores.

Anything over $50, I'd probably just take the money.

To stay on-topic, I'm shiny hunting for Chimchar. I may hunt for Latias over the weekend, but it doesn't seem likely because I have another basketball tournament.

Old April 25th, 2007 (07:40 PM).
shido
Blood Sucker

noooooooooooooooooo not my geodude congrats nevertheless

ive got a few trades going , im trading eeevee for spiritomb and rotom right now XP maybe ill hatch one

SHINIES ~ TOTAL 27 - Caught in 3rd Gen 25 Latest Treecko - Caught in DP 2 Latest pelipper
Spoiler:
Old April 25th, 2007 (08:04 PM).
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Quote originally posted by shido:
noooooooooooooooooo not my geodude congrats nevertheless

ive got a few trades going , im trading eeevee for spiritomb and rotom right now XP maybe ill hatch one
Whaddya mean, yours? You never had a shiny Geodude, did you? I wouldn't really call it all that an exciting target, either. If you really want one, they're all over Sinnoh, so you shouldn't have any problems finding one.

Quote originally posted by ~Fufu3000~:
Oh, yeah, MM, I decided on hunting for a shiny Drifloon as soon as the shiny sprites for D/P were released. In fact, I've decided on most, if not, ALL of my future targets.
So did I. Right back when Bulbagarden extracted all the sprites, I went through and found all the shinies I really liked.

When you save in front of Drifloon and the day rolls over, does it stay until you leave the route? It'd be quite annoying to only have a few hours each week to reset for it, and I'm not keen on "time travelling." I wouldn't call it cheating, ban it from the club, or anything, but it's still not quite right.

osu!
stream
github
Old April 26th, 2007 (01:53 AM).
Lt. Surge's Raichu
chuuu?

MetalMario: Congrats with the shiny
I feel like i'm still a noob at this.. xD
Old April 26th, 2007 (03:56 AM).
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Quote originally posted by MetalMario:
So did I. Right back when Bulbagarden extracted all the sprites, I went through and found all the shinies I really liked.
Uh, great minds think alike?

Quote originally posted by MetalMario:
When you save in front of Drifloon and the day rolls over, does it stay until you leave the route? It'd be quite annoying to only have a few hours each week to reset for it, and I'm not keen on "time travelling." I wouldn't call it cheating, ban it from the club, or anything, but it's still not quite right.
Yes, it will stay there. As long as you don't leave the route, Drifloon will be there forever.

Old April 26th, 2007 (05:16 AM).
Yami_Zidane
Scyther

Nature: Impish
Congrats MM, I look forward to the video, but for the love of all that is good, no My Chemical Romance XD

Our phone line is down for some odd reason so i can only get online for a couple of minutes without it messing up which is rather annoying, so I'm playing Emerald/Twilight Princess quite a bit. I really want a new shiny, its been ages since Raticate D:

14 Chimecho's
Old April 26th, 2007 (07:21 AM).
Dragon Tamer Ed
Formerly DarkParukia

Today I'll hunt in Victory Road in my Emerald to compensate for that Hariyama I accidentally ran from. And I have transferred my Master Ball from my Sapphire file over. So this time, no shinies will escape. MWAHAHAHA!

Oh and congrats on Geo, MM. And a naughty nature too? Lucky thing...

Member of the Pokemon Dojo & Legion of Supremacy

"I'm too lazy to show that I'm crazy"

My Details:
Name: Ed
FC: 0430 5005 1403
Wins: 17 (Last from: UchihaRyuu)
Losses: 6 (Last from: King Dragun)
Old April 26th, 2007 (08:12 AM).
Lt. Surge's Raichu
chuuu?

I have hunted some to day, but still no luck
Old April 26th, 2007 (11:02 AM). Edited April 26th, 2007 by Shiny Shuckle.
Shiny Shuckle
Shiny Hunter

anyone got a 4th gen shiny here?
goin through the game hopin i dont get a shiny geodude like MM
but i passed that part so i should be safe from geodudes

aye do u guys count shinys aquired from trades here? in the cards and stuff

shinys obtained on GTS:
thanks to Metal Mario for the SHC card
Old April 26th, 2007 (11:31 AM).
Dragon Tamer Ed
Formerly DarkParukia

Hey, don't diss the Geodude. I think MM could use this thing on his Wifi battle team with a bit of careful timing. Can anyone say "Rock-Polishing Golem?" wink, wink.

Anyway when I get Pearl my first shiny target will probably be Shieldon, but there may be others depending on how things go.

Member of the Pokemon Dojo & Legion of Supremacy

"I'm too lazy to show that I'm crazy"

My Details:
Name: Ed
FC: 0430 5005 1403
Wins: 17 (Last from: UchihaRyuu)
Losses: 6 (Last from: King Dragun)
Old April 26th, 2007 (12:02 PM).
shido
Blood Sucker

when I beat the game ill start officaly hunting shiny pokemon lol I think im the only person here who doesnt care if its not a 4th gen shiny ... moreso im probly the only one ehre whos frst hunts will be previous gen shinnies XP what can i say Im unique .

but even with MMs geodude the invisable race to get a 4th gen shiny is still on so gl to you all (for since im not actively hunting prolly wont be me who gets it >.>)

Spoiler:
Old April 26th, 2007 (01:12 PM).
XxXRiho
Unbe-frilling-leivable.

Send a message via AIM to XxXRiho
when I beat the game ill start officaly hunting shiny pokemon lol I think im the only person here who doesnt care if its not a 4th gen shiny ... moreso im probly the only one ehre whos frst hunts will be previous gen shinnies XP what can i say Im unique .
K...Love you and everything....but um no. LOL. ::ahem:: ABRA & NINETAILS. Um....Helluuuu. I want an Abra and a Ninetales -Not new pokemon- thank you very much...XP So ....THERE. *sticks tongue out* hehe.

EDIT: Congrats, MM!!!! Thats awesome.

<3
Old April 26th, 2007 (01:20 PM).
Rai
Misao <3

Send a message via AIM to Rai
Hello! May I join this club? I only have 2 shinies but I plan on getting more ;D

So may I please join? ^__^
Old April 26th, 2007 (01:30 PM).
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Quote originally posted by DarkParukia:
Hey, don't diss the Geodude. I think MM could use this thing on his Wifi battle team with a bit of careful timing. Can anyone say "Rock-Polishing Golem?" wink, wink.
No offense meant, but that wouldn't work too well. You'd have to invest way too many EVs to speed in order to outrun anything that's fast, and the fact that MM's shiny Geodude probably doesn't have flawless Speed in the first place makes it worse. Even if you got the Speed boost, you wouldn't be OHKOing things that counter you (like Quagsire, at least in UU) because 110 Base Attack isn't really enough to sweep with right off the bat. You need to boost it somehow. If I wanted my Golem to "sweep" I'd just use a CBer. I'm not saying it's a bad strategy though.

but even with MMs geodude the invisable race to get a 4th gen shiny is still on so gl to you all (for since im not actively hunting prolly wont be me who gets it >.>)
Knowing how lucky you are, you're probably going to get a wild shiny without even trying! Either that, or no one will get another shiny until you start hunting, and shortly after you start hunting, you'll get the shiny you want.

Old April 26th, 2007 (01:52 PM).
Yami_Zidane
Scyther

Sure, just let us know what ones you have and your in :D
Old April 26th, 2007 (02:32 PM).
Rai
Misao <3

Send a message via AIM to Rai
Who me? I have a shiny Venomoth and a shiny Zubat (I play on evolving him into Crobat ;D). Not too impresive but it's a start :3

I almost caught a shiny Swablu once but I accidentally made it faint ;;

Sponsored Links