Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old May 19th, 2007 (08:13 AM).
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
I am still sticking with my Torchic hunt. But all the SRing is starting to get annoying. I might look for something on my ruby but haven't decided what yet.
Old May 19th, 2007 (10:34 AM).
Gold Tier

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Quote originally posted by DeanoDance:
I'd like to join, too. I will post what Shinies I have later.

Just one thing: Anyone got any tips to finding shinies, and also tips for finding them with the PokéRadar?
That's not the way it works. You need to post what shinies you own before you join. Thank you.

Quote originally posted by PokemonRox:
Hey can i join? i read all of the rules u wrote down
The same goes for you. I need you to tell us what shinies you own before I admit you.

Hacked or cloned shinies don't count, and neither do shinies from strangers (that means the GTS), since we must assume they're either hacked or cloned. People like the Joker are running around hacking and cloning shinies like mad and spamming them on the GTS, so the odds are overwhelming that any shiny you find there (especially legendaries) are hacked; both because hackers are sticking shinies up there like crazy, and because no stable-minded player would throw away a fairly found shiny to some total stranger for garbage in return.

Welcome back, all old members! You may request a new, D/P generation SHC card HERE!!!

7050 Dialgas. Nothing.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old May 19th, 2007 (11:38 AM).

hey MM! long time no see man! Okay, i have some new targets: Ruby-Electrike, FR-Charmander. BTW, does anyone know how to get houndour and mareep on FireRed?
Old May 19th, 2007 (12:00 PM).
whatever

Okies, I'd like to join. My shinies are Deoxys, Articuno, Golduck, Golem and Tentacruel.
Old May 19th, 2007 (12:11 PM).
Final Atomic Buster

Hey all. Lol I'm still Sring for chimchar on Pearl. I'm also hunting gastly for the weekend on my diamond. Lol I'm having no luck with either...my luck has probably run out to its last bit from the shiny drifloon. I'll still continue to hunt them though. On my 3rd gen games, I'm mostly hunting for moltres on my LG1 and I think I will go for Articuno on my LG2, Also Sring for Kecleon on Sapphire. Good luck to everyon on their hunts!

+ Unown !, Skarmory, Uxie, Treecko, Torchic, Palkia, Metapod, Rotom, Voltorb, Mudkip, Darkrai, Shaymin, Azelf, Mewtwo, Electrode, Machop, Trapinch, Grimer
Credit to Yami Zidane

TARGETS:
Old May 19th, 2007 (01:18 PM).
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
I'm curious, what is it that makes this club so much more popular than the others? I've always noticed that the member activity of most clubs pales in comparison to the SHC, but why is that? It seems a bit farfetched, especially when people are always saying that shinies are "nothing more than trophies" and the like.

Meh, I wish I got Drifloon already. I want to join the Great Dialga Race. How long have you been hunting for Dialga, MM?

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old May 19th, 2007 (03:24 PM).
Yveltal Fan
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Well, I guess, because it's competitive and fun, and more interactive than the other clubs, most of them are fan clubs, and you don't have to do anything once your in the club.

On another note, I was playing Half-Life 2, and the first time I played, I saw the Combine Soldier in white, and I thought to myself: SHINY COMBINE!

Also, the first picture is not accurate, because the combine never have shotguns.
Old May 19th, 2007 (04:52 PM).
Part heeler, Part Shiny Hunter

Still soft resetting for rotom and no luck on Drifloon this saturday...at least now i have a plan of action. On fridays i will SR for drifloon. Every other day going to try to pokeradar a shiny ralts out. Then at night SRing for rotom. Enough to keep me occupied while i look for my firered, emerald, and sapphire.

Old May 19th, 2007 (07:36 PM).
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Ruzzy:
Okies, I'd like to join. My shinies are Deoxys, Articuno, Golduck, Golem and Tentacruel.
Excellent! Another MCR fan! Allow me to welcome you to the club before Yami bawls you out for liking MCR.

Fufu, I've been after shiny Dialga for just barely two weeks. I've been squarely hitting close to 350 per week, which is exactly what I predicted. o__0

The expected time to find a shiny at my rate would be 16 days, and I've done 14. (That's two days until I Deserve a shiny, Fufu! :p)The annoying thing about probability is that the expected value is always measured from right now, so I'm still 16 days away from the expected time to find a shiny and will continue to be until it actually comes. Curse you, Bayes! *shakes fist at dead mathematician*

7192 Dialgas. =/

osu!
stream
github
Old May 19th, 2007 (09:44 PM).

I just realized in a "Following a Maiden Voyage" Dawn's alarm clock at the begining is a shiny Starly @.@

Old May 20th, 2007 (03:52 AM). Edited May 20th, 2007 by It's Just Fufu.
Nostalgia is powerful.

Well, I've been at Drifloon for 16 days now. I don't know how long it'll take me to get it, but a day or two from now would be nice. But, MM, only 350 a week? I'm almost positive you mean "a day" or else you wouldn't have so many in only two weeks. I personally hit about 300 for Drifloon on average. Schoolwork gets in the way, and so does basketball and daily household chores...

Good luck, everyone. The amount of people getting shinies off the PokeRadar and claiming it to have any effect on shiny odds without any proof IS getting a bit annoying. We need someone to prove or disprove it, eventually...

Old May 20th, 2007 (04:46 PM).
Gold Tier

Umm, I'm doing 500 per day, so I don't know where you're getting that idea. And Drifloon goes a bit faster since you don't have that lengthy walk up to it.

*notices typo*

That was supposed to be 3500. o__0

7471 Dialgas.

osu!
stream
github
Old May 20th, 2007 (05:53 PM).
The new meaning of legend

Hey whats up guys. Anyways I haven't got any new shinies. Of course to get shinies one has to actually play pokemon.... I've been too busy with the end of school exams and skating to really care about pokemon. And now I just bought a Rubik's cube so i'm going to be screwing around with that for a while (If my friend doesn't teach me how to do it.) Anyways I wish you all good luck.

Old May 21st, 2007 (02:05 AM). Edited May 21st, 2007 by LordxDanswich.
Lord of the Sammich!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LordxDanswich
I've neglected this club as of late, sadly i tend to do that unless i find a shiny, so i guess this is good news then

I found a shiny glameow!!!

I was training up a gabite on pearl to level 40 before i took on the canalave gym, i only had gabite and empoleon left to train, and after defeating a couple of floatzel and glameow i bumped into the shiny glameow, after staring at it for a few minutes then saying "holy crap" i switched to my empoleon and pecked it twice, then i proceeded to capture it in my third heal ball.

I'll get pictures up later, i'm so happy finding a shiny glameow cause i like them anyway, and shiny glameow was a future target, plus it makes up for the frustration i've been having with the pokeradar.

EDIT: Teh pics

Heal ball, fitting i think

OMG stats!!

Relaxed and likes dozing off, even more fitting

Kindle Road
Current Location/Target
Credit to Pokesho for the Ponyta image
Old May 21st, 2007 (07:01 AM). Edited May 21st, 2007 by Dragon Tamer Ed.
Formerly DarkParukia

Congrats, Kratos. As or me I now have 7 badges, am on my way to Sunnyshore, my team are all fully evolved, and I caught Palkia and the legendary Trio.

Still no shinies but I believe the incarnation of shiny Deja-Vu is still posessing my games. However after the shiny Starly at the very beginning of my game (I re-started my file after that), I'm getting desperate.

Member of the Pokemon Dojo & Legion of Supremacy

"I'm too lazy to show that I'm crazy"

My Details:
Name: Ed
FC: 0430 5005 1403
Wins: 17 (Last from: UchihaRyuu)
Losses: 6 (Last from: King Dragun)
Old May 21st, 2007 (10:46 AM).
Final Atomic Buster

Hey all. Congrats Kratos on the shiny Glameow! Lol I'm still hunting chimchar on pearl and no luck. I've slightly switched more over to Diamond to continue hunting shiny gastly (love that Old Chateau tune :p) Holiday today for us Canadians so I've got plenty of time to hunt. Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

+ Unown !, Skarmory, Uxie, Treecko, Torchic, Palkia, Metapod, Rotom, Voltorb, Mudkip, Darkrai, Shaymin, Azelf, Mewtwo, Electrode, Machop, Trapinch, Grimer
Credit to Yami Zidane

TARGETS:
Old May 21st, 2007 (02:10 PM).
chuuu?
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I have not hunted much lately, stilll trying to xD
Old May 21st, 2007 (02:59 PM).

congrats on the find kratos :D

I stopped Pokeradaring ralts and now going for pachirisu. thpatches of grass that hold ralts are too small......

Old May 21st, 2007 (03:44 PM).
Shiny Giratina pwns you

w00t! TPP IS BACK!

Well I'm thoroghly ticked off right now. I just got word from those friends that I let borrow my FR that they BOTH found shinies! Oo BOTH OF THEM. I saw one's, a shiny Sharpedo, and the other claims to have a shiny Magikarp. I was soooooooooo bummed because that means another person got randomly lucky while NOT Shunting. The Sharpedo was supposedly found in the Safari Zone/Great Marsh (dunno which version he found it in) as a Carvhana. I'm still trying to get through the game but training is taking a while.

Finally got my Golbat evolved and going for badge #5. Can't wait to get to Sunyshore, I'm going to make my Pokeballs pwn with seal-y awesomeness!

Grats on the shinies for teh ppls who caught them. Good luck everyone else.

EDIT: Saw Kim looking in on us again o.o

<I>Kobra<I>
Old May 21st, 2007 (04:41 PM).
Gold Tier

Hey Kim!

I now officially deserve a shiny. I've done 8257 Dialga resets. That means my next benchmark is the 75th percentile, at 11356.

I might do the SHC cards later tonight. (that's "might" :p)

osu!
stream
github
Old May 21st, 2007 (04:49 PM). Edited May 21st, 2007 by Akidatheart.
Pokémom
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via ICQ to Akidatheart Send a message via AIM to Akidatheart Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akidatheart Send a message via Yahoo to Akidatheart
Quote originally posted by King Kobra:

EDIT: Saw Kim looking in on us again o.o

<I>Kobra<I>
I try to look in at least once a day I just don't always post. I don't really have anything to post about. I guess I could update you on what I'm doing. I'm playing pearl, I've defeated the E4 and am working on the national dex now. I have been doing a lot of trading trying to get the little dots on my gts globe. I am working on getting max berries, and getting all the berries available at this time. I haven't found any new shinies but I did get two in trade on the gts. A fearrow and a Lugia. I'm not expecting them to count because I am sure they are either cheats or clones or both. (they are still pretty, lol!) So anyway, that's what I'm up to right now. Good luck to everyone in their shiny hunting and congrats to everyone who has found shinies recently!
Kim
*Edit- Hey MM!

I'm a member of the Shiny Hunters Club

Do the Shiny Dance!
Old May 21st, 2007 (06:41 PM). Edited May 22nd, 2007 by It's Just Fufu.
Nostalgia is powerful.

Where do you get all these numbers from, MM...

Hello, Kim.

I did absolutely no work today, and I know it'll come back to bite me in the but tomorrow, but I don't care. It's the last week of school, and my grades are too high to magically fall from high A's to low B's.

I'm hunting for Drifloon, Squirtle, and Turtwig simultaneously, but Turtwig seems to be slowing me down. Good luck, everyone.

Edit: Ok, it's official. I've cracked.

I CANNOT go another day without shiny hunting for Latias. I thought with the advent of D/P I could get it off my head, but I always find myself thinking about how great it would be to have one! But I've been hunting for it for so long...it just feels like I'll never get it y'know? Well, that's going to change. On Emerald2, the "lucky" one, I'm going to hunt for Latias and stay on that island until I find it. No exceptions whatsoever (except transferring stuff ). I really do hope this is the last time I have to go to Southern Island. Wish me luck.

Old May 22nd, 2007 (03:55 PM).
Shiny Giratina pwns you

Hi Kim

Finally got my FR back, and something is awesomely wrong! I was saved in the coin return SRing for Scyther, with around 5615 coins, and now I'm saved there SRing for Shiny Porygon with ?845 coins! Yes, ?845. I bought a porygon and it became 9845 O.o

So I dunno, I might keep going for Porygon, I may not. I'll probably go back to Scyther, since Porygon isn't my type (even though I'd be one of the first to own a Shiny PorygonZ). Give me your oppinions on this, please...

Anyways, got Badge #5 and trying to keep this pace running. I have a team of 5 (with a tagalong to use moves like fly and surf) and am contemplating what to make my 6th member. I might switch my Graveler for a Steelix, but otherwise I dunno.

Shiny Update: All on hold until I beat the E4 in Diamond. Maybe some Scyther resetting though.

Good luck on teh hunts!

EDIT: MM, clean your PM box out! I can't reply ><

<I>Kobra<I>
Old May 22nd, 2007 (08:11 PM).
Blood Sucker

this post is completly off topic but to the sig of the poster ^ ala colby "AHEM" real music ? LMAO come now with all the diffrent generes of music you choose rap as the worst *dies laughing * , myspace ? LMAO once again your part of the 92% of teens who will get kidnapped and #!$#! by a 50yr pet oh flyer XP not to mention the fact that in the same sig u condem people for being part of one fad (which isn't really a fad since its been an ever growing genre of music for about 40 yrs now ) and then admit to being part of and proud of being in another fad (one which i might add is just the next step *coughcough* im pretty sure u were one of the "losers" who were on face book and xanga too now u moved over to myspace so you could hang with ur best pal and number 1 friend tom )

on the subject of this club , doesnt it get annoying of all the blatant advertising that goes on in this club that has nothing to do with shiny pokemon ? it's quite annoying and wasteful of space

on the subject of shinnies congrats kratos lol i wont be getting a shiny glameow unles si hatch one (and it aint on my breed list XP )

i am finaly done with everything cept the battle tower so that means it time to finaly start working on my water team ( alpha versions for breeding beta versons for tower and final AAA versions to whip alll of yee behinds bahaha ) so there wil be lots of breedings and ev training in my future so heres to my first hatched shiny and of course the ever more likely random shiny encounter while ev training.

SHINIES ~ TOTAL 27 - Caught in 3rd Gen 25 Latest Treecko - Caught in DP 2 Latest pelipper
Spoiler:
Shiny Card Created by the lovely Lady Darkmoon
Old May 22nd, 2007 (11:24 PM).
Final Atomic Buster

So today like I said before I was really focused on hunting shiny gastly at the Old Chateau. I spent 6 hours today hunting it and in between I did about 2 hours of SRing for chimchar. Several times I thought it was shiny because I looked at it at the wrong angle. Blah shiny gastly was begining to haunt me.1:30 AM, Conan O'Brian was just about to finish and I was thinking of calling it a night and head to bed. I looked down at the screen...another mind trick?! NO! shiny gastly had appeared!!! WOOOOO!!!! so I jumped around for a while and took in the joy of running into your intended shiny :D. I confused it with bronzong, it hit itself, then I put it to sleep and chucked a Dusk Ball. It was caught!! 2nd D/P shiny, 27th caught overall. 4th shiny ghost :D Nicknamed him "Exor"
Lol unfortunately my father left the digital camera in our car from over the weekend when we took pics and video, and he was at work (yeah he works night shifts) so I had to resort to taking pics with a crappy mini digital camera my sister has...so here's the cheap pics I took x__x:
Blurry blue blob of gas
Blurry attempt to show no device attached at bottom
Barely legible ID page
May not be able to tell, but its LAX
illegible stat page, shouldn't have even bothered xD

Lol here's its stats:

Gastly Lv.12 (male)
Lax nature
HP 32 (IV 27)
Att 16 (IV 25)
Def 15 (IV 19)
SpA 31 (IV 20)
SpD 13 (IV 17)
Spd 26 (IV 19)

Wow lol it actually got decent IVs. Lol yay makes one more ghost to my collection. Hehe I think I'm going to go for Dialga next, but still also go for chimchar on pearl. If I get chimchar first, I'll hunt spiritomb ASAP though. Good luck to everyone on their hunts!!

Credit to Yami Zidane

TARGETS:
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links