The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 19th, 2007 (04:34 AM).
Dragon Tamer Ed
Formerly DarkParukia

Hey, listen to this. I woke up at 5am this morning and decided to look for my secret shiny. I found it, all right, but not in the way I was expecting:

After about 2 hours the fatigue was setting in (I only had about an hour's sleep beforehand) which made me unable to concentrate on chaining. One time in particular, I forgot to use a Repel before starting. Then suddenly, in the normal 1 in 8192 chance, out it popped. I struggled a bit to catch it but I got there in the end. Here are the pics:

Yep, it was Chatot. I went for it as nobody else in the club has done so, and that lil' bird has always made me laugh. Female and Bold nature? Once again, I have found a Female shiny, that Synchronise didn't work on. This is the one chain I actually want to break.

Her IVs aren't great, but at least they're better than Croagunk's. Although I feel good about this. I've now found 2 shinies within 2 weeks in Pearl, without chaining.

Member of the Pokemon Dojo & Legion of Supremacy

"I'm too lazy to show that I'm crazy"

My Details:
Name: Ed
FC: 0430 5005 1403
Wins: 17 (Last from: UchihaRyuu)
Losses: 6 (Last from: King Dragun)
Old July 19th, 2007 (04:54 AM).
Yami_Zidane
Scyther

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu.exe View Post
So, may I join? I already said how I got my shiny Ho-oh!
I must have missed that, The Ho-Oh won't count as it is traded, but yes, you may join. :]

Congrats on the Chatot Ed, never bothered looking at it's shiny form before, it's nice.

Still training Linoone's, I'm taking comfort in the fact that once they reach Level 100 I'll never have to train them again, though I want at least four D: I may change area soon, I don't think I would be too happy with a shiny from the route I'm in at the moment.

Good luck all.
Old July 19th, 2007 (10:44 AM).
Shiny Shuckle
Shiny Hunter

aye what pokes are atracted to static and magnet pull?

shinys obtained on GTS:
thanks to Metal Mario for the SHC card
Old July 19th, 2007 (11:09 AM).
Lil-Dill
I need to change that ^

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lil-Dill
Congrats on Chatot.

I am now hunting Growlithe again in Emerald and Roselia in Pearl.
I seriuosly need to stock up on Max Repels... in bag: 1....

Soul Silver team:

Sisters:TwilightBlade, Color Me Evil
Pokemon Soul Silver FC:
4899 0878 6952
Pokemon White FC: 3181 5385 5104
Old July 19th, 2007 (11:58 AM). Edited July 19th, 2007 by jscalalamoboy.
jscalalamoboy
Beginning Trainer

Hey! A shiny hunting club, I want to join. I have a shiny Swellow on my emerald and a bunch of (cheated) shinys on my pearl. Now i have gone legit and i am searching for shiny porygon... Shiny Swellow is my only real (legit) shiny so far. I found it in the place where you get jigglypuff in ruby. (it was a taillow first if that helps...)
Old July 19th, 2007 (01:25 PM).
knight stalker
rayquaza will be mine!!

Send a message via AIM to knight stalker
hey so can i jin this club? anyways so far i have hatched 107 riolu eggs still no luck!
Old July 19th, 2007 (01:26 PM).
Pikachu.exe
Weavile fan

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Pikachu.exe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Shuckle View Post
aye what pokes are atracted to static and magnet pull?
Static: 150% more chance of find an Electric-type pokémon
Magnet Pull: The same above, but for Steel-type pokémon
Old July 19th, 2007 (01:28 PM).
knight stalker
rayquaza will be mine!!

Send a message via AIM to knight stalker
oh i almost forgot i might start to try to chain pachurisu instead of hatching eggs! =)
Old July 19th, 2007 (11:59 PM). Edited July 20th, 2007 by shido.
shido
Blood Sucker

I do believe I was quoted with a "lol"

so with that being said my goal still stands at being the best ( which I currently am ) and my reply to naysayers is well "lol"

have I caught any new shinnies ? a few I supose I haven't played since the last time I posted but I started again last week I think on and off . So far my hunts have been fruitful , why just yesterday I caught meh a shiny and well another today !! isn't that just amazing !!!

anywho next time I post I may post a list of everything i've gotten so far but who knows when my next post will be . things have gotten so boring and drab in the club (pretty much only on to start up some good ole convos with meh LDD ) .

so till next time addios farewell and may the force be with you .... ACTUALY screw the force spock and tuvok just gang vulcan pinched the hell out of the force while scotty beamed up whats left of it into a garbage can and the borg assimulated the darkside . oh wells , LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

ps CONGRATS LDD I have one too we are shiny twins

SHINIES ~ TOTAL 27 - Caught in 3rd Gen 25 Latest Treecko - Caught in DP 2 Latest pelipper
Spoiler:
Shiny Card Created by the lovely Lady Darkmoon
Old July 20th, 2007 (05:17 AM).
Dragon Tamer Ed
Formerly DarkParukia

Well, today I was gonna chain Pinsir but Pidgeys have swarmed in to Route 229 and I haven't seen a Pinsir since. I'm gonna go hunt Bronzor after I get a Magnet Puller, as I'm just trying to get shinies of certain types at the moment.

Oh. Tomorrow I'm heading to Spain and won't be back for a week. Good job I have quite a few targets in mind.

My Details:
Old July 20th, 2007 (05:37 AM).
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
Congats to all the people that caught shiny's while I've been gone. I will only be on once a week for a while. Should be about 2 weeks till I'm on like i was before.
Only 7 days left till D/P is out in Europe. I can't wait to get it.
Looking around any random place while training my team on Ruby. At the minute I am in the meteor falls. Where the Bagons are. Hoping to get a shiny one.
Old July 20th, 2007 (08:05 AM).
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
Heh, welcome back, Shido! This club is a bit quiet without you. It's nice to have you back.

Ed, if you plan on hunting for Bronzor through use of Magnet Pull and with the PokeRadar, I'll tell you right now that Magent Pull probably has no effect pass the first chain. I hope you have a nice time in Spain, but why are you going?

As for me, I've decided to narrow my hunts, if only by a little bit. I'm going to concentrate on one shiny per "region" (I suppose). So instead of hunting for both Bulbasaur and Squirtle simultaneously, I'll just stick to Bulbasaur until I'm bored (then I'll hunt for Squirtle a bit). For the Hoenn Region, I'm going for Latias (who else?), and for Sinnoh, I'm going to stick with a starter...the thing is though, I can't really which! Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards Turtwig right now, actually...I'm going to see if I can keep this going for a couple of days.

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old July 20th, 2007 (12:11 PM).
LordxDanswich
Lord of the Sammich!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LordxDanswich
I've started my shiny circit on sppf off to a pretty good start, i present to you shiny aron

I've also never seen iv's so bad in my life
Aron
HP: 7 - 9
Att: 18
Def: 10 - 12
SpA: 10
SpD: 11 - 13
Speed: 0 - 1

Kindle Road
Current Location/Target
Credit to Pokesho for the Ponyta image
Old July 20th, 2007 (05:41 PM).
Shadow Chaos
Has gone...

Well, today I caught my second PokeRadar Shiny: Abra.

While I continued looking for Ralts, I went to a patch of grass that sparkled (to me it looked a regular patch, as I had the sun's bright light hitting my eyes through the window), to start a chain, and boom, an Abra appeared. I immediatly switched to Wobbufet (*Wobbufet is on my team cause a Kirlia once escaped from me while I was looking for Ralts), since I know they know Teleport, so I caught it with my second Repeat Ball. Its cool cause I have a second Radar Shiny, but I am still looking for Ralts... so I broke the chain myself at two. Here are his stats:

Abra (M); Caught at Lv. 4; Met at Route 203; A little quick tempered; Likes bitter food.
Nature: Calm
HP: 16
Attack: 6
Defense: 6
Sp. Atk: 13
Sp. Def: 9
Speed: 13

Oh, and my Budew is now a Roselia!! ^ ^
Old July 20th, 2007 (08:05 PM).
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Nature: Adamant
Nothing to update with. Oh Shinx baby, where you at? *looks hopeful* Nada III. *DRAT*

Shido-koi! *GLOMPS*

Hey is your Gastrodon male or female? (Mine's female.)

@ Dragon Tamer Ed AND Kratos_rage AND Shadow Chaos - Congradulations on the new shinys guys!

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old July 21st, 2007 (03:18 AM).
Dragon Tamer Ed
Formerly DarkParukia

Well last night I was out till after midnight with some friends. When I got back in I just continued my Bronzor hunt. And to all you nay-sayers, I tell you now that Magnet Pull has an effect and a half on chaining. I have had chains in the 30's with very little effort, and none of my chains so far have broken below 10.

My Details:
Old July 21st, 2007 (03:52 AM).
shido
Blood Sucker

it's male of course , now if only I could get a blue one shiny

SHINIES ~ TOTAL 27 - Caught in 3rd Gen 25 Latest Treecko - Caught in DP 2 Latest pelipper
Spoiler:
Shiny Card Created by the lovely Lady Darkmoon
Old July 21st, 2007 (08:27 AM).
Dragon Tamer Ed
Formerly DarkParukia

Well, everyone this will be my last post here before I head out on my week-long trip to Spain, where I will hopefully get a tan and clear my skin as well as continue with my shiny hunts (which will mostly be late-night). So good luck on your hunts everyone and I'll see you when I return.

My Details:
Old July 21st, 2007 (09:51 AM).
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Good luck, Ed, and welcome back, Shido!

As it stands, I'm alternating my hunts on Diamond between Drifloon, Rotom, and Aerodactyl; Aerodactyl being for the Shiny Circuit at SPPF. (Sorry, Ryan! But it IS a good shiny!)

My counts are currently at 1006 Rotom, 136 Aero, and 1047 Drifloon. I don't usually spread my SRing so thin.

I'm also working on breeding a shiny Chikorita on Emerald, but not very actively at this time due to my attention being drawn to SRing on Diamond. I have yet to breed a Bold female to stick an Everstone on, and I'll need to dig up another male from my Fire Red batch of Chikos who still knows Counter and put it through the Gardevoir base so it doesn't forget it in the daycare. If I get a shiny in the meantime, it'll still be okay, because my current male breeder (QI with flawless Special Defense and near-flawless in three other stats) still knows Leech Seed and I still have a couple of Counter tutors available.

I've never yet reached what I call the "shiny breed hustle" stage for any of my breeding operations thus far, so I wonder how fast it'll go. This hustle is what I call the process of hatching eggs and releasing the hatchlings directly from your party. I can't do it yet because I need to check the stats of the hatchlings before releasing them to continue breeding up my stats to perfection.

My second breeding target, if Chiko ever works, shall be Skorupi. I'd rather find a cheap used Ruby to reset for Beldum on than fight with Emerald, breed, or chain, and I'd be able to chain Zangoose if I got one! :D

Oh, and 1057 Drifloon as of typing this post.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old July 21st, 2007 (10:37 AM).
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Tamer Ed View Post
And to all you nay-sayers, I tell you now that Magnet Pull has an effect and a half on chaining. I have had chains in the 30's with very little effort, and none of my chains so far have broken below 10.
It doesn't take much "effort" to get high chains. You just have to be attentive to your game. As for none of your chains breaking below ten, it could be possible that you're just getting better at chaining.

In a dream I had last night, I realized just how angry I am with one of my cousin's. He took one of the Johto Starters (Totodile, to be exact), went to the Elite 4, and beat it, which saved my game, after I deliberately told him NOT to do even go further than Route 101 or save the game. Because I of that, I can only get one Johto starter through soft resetting, unless I restart one of my Emerald's over and over again. And I've decided that this is what I shall do. So I will no longer hunt for Latias on my Emerald. Instead, I'll focus on getting (SRable) shinies that I will probably have no other oppurtunity to get. This includes is almost exclusively Cyndaquil because every I can soft reset for things like Groudon and Rayquaza when I beat the file again. So, yeah, once I get shiny Cyndaquil, I clone a couple, trade them all over to Emerald1, and reset Emerald2. Then I'll complete the dex, and try to get a shiny Totodile, and finally repeat the process one last time to get Chikorita.

Or I could just breed, but I don't really think any of the Johto starters are worth breeding for.

Good luck, everyone.

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old July 21st, 2007 (11:33 AM).
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by shido
it's male of course , now if only I could get a blue one shiny
I thought the same thing! But in my game even in the area the blue Gastrodon are the most common, I don't see very many. So I'm sticking to Shinx. After I get that I'd like Glameow, Skorupi, and Stunky. (for some reason the skunks have wiggled their way into being one of my favorites of the 4th gen, go figure) Of course when the Absol swarm or Eevee are in the backlot, I head there even during another hunt.

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old July 21st, 2007 (03:27 PM).
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Fufu3000~ View Post
It doesn't take much "effort" to get high chains. You just have to be attentive to your game. As for none of your chains breaking below ten, it could be possible that you're just getting better at chaining.
Based on my knowledge of how the Pokéradar works, Fufu is correct. Magnet Pull and related abilities shift the random Pokémon odds, but chained Pokémon are not random. The game randomly generates Linker and Breaker patches, but the contents of Linker patches are not random, so Magnet Pull does not apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Demoonica Darkmoon View Post
Of course when the Absol swarm
I haven't encountered one Absol swarm in my game yet. I really want a shiny Absol, too.

1174 Drifloon.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old July 21st, 2007 (07:50 PM).
D'MoneyBoi
Beginning Trainer

Hey. I've been gone for a while due to school related troubles, but I've been SRing for a shiny Cranidos. Probably 500 SR [started 3 days ago] and no luck. I worked today though so I haven't done today. Good Luck all.

credit to metalmario for the awesome TC...
Old July 22nd, 2007 (12:07 AM).
shinyGeo
Part heeler, Part Shiny Hunter

sorry i was gone for a while guys, my uncle got in a car accident so i had to go back up to ft myers. he's doing better though, i havent been playing much only just got to the 7th badge, but im pretty sure ive seen all the pokemon ive needed to see up to this point.

Old July 22nd, 2007 (03:19 AM).
Lucario 2.0
Beginning Trainer

may i join?
my shinies are at this time mew(an admited hack for many reasons.)
and gallade(I dout hes going anywhere to trade,if i recently viseted a cloner you may recive one)
i dont have luck with my pokeradar&P

95% of pople use over one legendary in there team,if you are appart of the 5% who dont,paste this into your sig.

70% of poeple dump there pokes in the daycare for a quick lv up,if you are part of the 30% who dont,paste this into your sig.

Your pokes raised with tender loving care at lucario 2.0s daycare!Have your pokes had theyre love to day?

Ask CelebiBot! http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/t...0cf494ce36c287
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links