Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old September 3rd, 2007 (05:23 PM).
Has gone...

That's quite a collection, Jake!! I'm about to have a Swellow & a Roserade, once I evolve them!! I'm gonna start on Buneary now!!

Stupid random breaking chain!! Seriously, I think this game hates me... Unlucky for me, my chain of 32 Ralts was broken by a Cubone... I caught it just for that!!! >:O

Like I said, I'm now going to start to chain for a (F) Buneary, so good luck to all!!
Old September 3rd, 2007 (05:28 PM).
Protect his very soul.
Moderator, CS

Shadow:
Lol that's a lot of shiny fishes. XD Sorry to hear about your Ralts chain... Feed that Cubone some foul poffins. :<

Jake:
Pretty impressive collection. I do hope that you know it isn't about quantity here though. And a co-owner needs to verify before you can actually join. And good luck to the both of you for Buneary. I've always wanted a shiny one until my friend um told me her opinions about it. o.O But still, it's a cute pokemon.
Old September 3rd, 2007 (05:31 PM).
Pearly White Dream

My current hunting list is : Buneary, Sentret (I evolved my first one), Togepi, Skorupi, Croagunk, and Growlithe. I almost got Buneary, I had a 37 chain, then Wurmple appeared. :/
Old September 3rd, 2007 (05:36 PM).
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
Growlithe, eh? We'll have to race for that, someday, it's one of my future breeding targets. But I'll have to get a shiny Ponyta first.

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old September 3rd, 2007 (06:51 PM).
Team Rocket Executive
Silver Tier

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by TwilightBlade:
Blayze:
Nice collection. I really love you shiny Beedrill.. I used to have one in Crystal. :3 Good luck on hatching the Charmander. Breed in Emerald or soft reset in FR/LG for maybe faster results.

Thank you, TwilightBlade.
Yeah the Beedrill is kinda neat it's a bluish color.
I thought about soft reseting, but I had the patience to breed for a female. (Got 2 of them last week! :D ) So I think I'll try the breeding for a little while longer. If it get impatient or something I just might go to the soft reseting.

Jake: That's a rather impressive collection that you have there!

Good luck on your hunts, everyone!
Old September 3rd, 2007 (07:12 PM).

Nature: Impish
Looks like I have a lot to reply too :\

Torterra Defender: You may join as soon as you tell us what shinys you own.

Hawkraven: Very nice, If more people set out a sign up sheet like you have it would make my life soooo much easier. Your explanations are believable so welcome to the SHC.

Fufu: congrats on the Caterpie, not exactly a shiny I would go for, but meh. Suppose I'm adding this to your card as well?

Blaze: Well first off, as you mentioned you got a Gyarados from the Lake (I'm assuming you mean Lake of Rage) I'd like to point out to you that we don't count shinys from the Metal generation. So, if you could re-do your list removing any shinys gotten from G/S/C then I'll happily welcome you to the club.

Jake: Hmm, for such a large list I would like an explanation for each Pokémon. Though it is somewhat believable, I'd still like confirmation.

I'm about to start my night's worth of hunting (well, morning considering its some time past 4 in the morning here) I've been busy making AMV's with a new program all day because I'm lame like that, so I haven't had time to do anything in Diamond.

Good luck all.
Old September 3rd, 2007 (07:34 PM).
Team Rocket Executive
Silver Tier

Quote:
QUOTE Yami_Zidane
Blaze: Well first off, as you mentioned you got a Gyarados from the Lake (I'm assuming you mean Lake of Rage) I'd like to point out to you that we don't count shinys from the Metal generation. So, if you could re-do your list removing any shinys gotten from G/S/C then I'll happily welcome you to the club
Yeah the one Gyarados did come from the Lake of Rage.
Just curious. Why don't you count the ones from the Metal Generation?

Here's my revised list:

Beedrill (Caught as a Kakuna)
Parasect (Caught as a Paras)
Gyarados
Ditto
Girafarig
Altaria (Caught as a Swablu)

I hatched the Magikarp (the Gyarados) on Sapphire. Does she still count? *Crosses fingers*
Old September 3rd, 2007 (07:41 PM).

Nature: Impish
We don't count shinys from the metal gen because they were insanely easy to get. If you bred with a shiny I believe there was a 1/64 chance that the baby would be shiny.

And yes, the second Gyarados counts, welcome to the club.
Old September 3rd, 2007 (07:57 PM).
Team Rocket Executive
Silver Tier

Ahh ok then; makes sence.
Thanks.
*Goes off to have a chat with her Charizards about a shiny baby, and to continue the hunt for wild shinies*
Old September 3rd, 2007 (08:00 PM).
Final Atomic Buster

Heh Sorry for not posting for a while, been busy, I should've posted this yesterday but I forgot lol. Congrats to Fufu on the lickitung and caterpie and to everyone else who got a new shiny!

ANyways on Saturday I was chaining in Rt. 227. My chains kept getting broken around 18 by torkoal and camerupts. Then I got a good chain going and hit 20, so I started resetting and occasionally bringing the chain higher. Then at chain 26, after a couple hours of resetting the patch, I finally saw the shiny patch at an edge. I took the chance and went in (who wouldn't?).

Shiny Rhydon appeared!!
I took the pic after switching in my gengar and using hypnosis (almost forgot to take pic since I was too excited XD). So after weakening it with Bibarel, I threw Repeat Balls, and after the 3rd one it was caught! Caught shiny #38. Nicknamed it "Rampage"
My chain kept going despite the edge shiny patch, but after several more resets, my chain broke at 29 by a torkoal in a patch that followed all the rules x__x Oh well more pics:
Already caught, no shiny dex
YES ADAMANT! Sync worked for once!
Slap in the Face!! Lightning Rod ARGH!!
According to Serebii's IV calculator It got these IVs:
HP 14
Att 30
Def 8
SpA 16
SpD 9
Spd 2

Woot lol nearly perfect Att IVs! too bad it got the absolutely useless Lighning Rod Argh I really wanted Solid Rock for Rhyperior (again who wouldn't) Sigh, meh I'll EV train it soon and evolve it once I get a protector, then I'll probably start Sring for regigigas on Diamond and Cranidos on Pearl. Since then I've done Srs for mewtwo on LG but no luck, Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

+ Unown !, Skarmory, Uxie, Treecko, Torchic, Palkia, Metapod, Rotom, Voltorb, Mudkip, Darkrai, Shaymin, Azelf, Mewtwo, Electrode, Machop, Trapinch, Grimer
Credit to Yami Zidane

TARGETS:
Old September 3rd, 2007 (08:06 PM).
Team Rocket Executive
Silver Tier

Congats on the shiny Rhydon, Dark Steelix! Too bad he didn't have Solid Rock though, bummer. But at least he's a shiny.
Old September 3rd, 2007 (08:26 PM).
Has gone...

Welcome to the club, Blayze!

Dark Steelix Lv X: Congratulations on the Rhydon!!

I'm currently reseting the PokeRadar for Buneary!! I'm at 22!! Doing exactly what Dark Steelix Lv X is doing!! See ya!!
Old September 4th, 2007 (03:09 AM).
Pearly White Dream

Quote originally posted by Yami_Zidane:

Jake: Hmm, for such a large list I would like an explanation for each Pokémon. Though it is somewhat believable, I'd still like confirmation.

Well, exactly what do you want me to explain? There's not much to say , except I evolved some.
Old September 4th, 2007 (03:49 AM).
Nostalgia is powerful.

Explain how you got them, how long it took you to catch them, natures, etc.

Old September 4th, 2007 (04:03 AM).
Dialga Used Shiny Roar Of Time

Congratz to Dark Steelix Lv X for that nice Rhydon, its IV is great... I believe that the only downside is its ability :\

I'm still trying with failed attempts to catch a shiny () with the PokeRadar above Jubilife City(probably cuz its blue =P), the chain(s) broke due to some annoying Starlys and such. Highest I got to was 14 lol

After doing some research, I found that the OPTIMAL(not compulsory) chains to reset for shinies is around 40-60... Wonder if we could go any higher than that without breaking XDD

Old September 4th, 2007 (04:17 AM). Edited September 4th, 2007 by rapid whalelord.
<--She's a ribbon queen...38!

Send a message via AIM to rapid whalelord Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to rapid whalelord
trying for shiny scyther and snorlax by eggs nothing else.and ive also chosen to evole my 2 shiny eevee into either leafeon espeon and or umbreon people help me chose.oh and i just read your post dark steelix ive got a shiny rhydon which evoled into rhyperior i send some pictures up soon enough but i traded it from my emerald so no even a chance of solid rock lol.

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!

Click here to feed me a Digicandy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Old September 4th, 2007 (05:47 AM).
Rukario's Biggest Fan!

Send a message via AIM to ZaChAttAck101
hey everyone...congrats on your new shinies...soo yesterday i tried to chain elecktrike because that was my swarm for the day and i had pikachu at the front of my team hoping that i can attract more of them...i got to a chain of 14 nd got screwed over by a pachirisu....den i tried again and got to 11 but this time it was a shellos... =[[[ i suck at chaining pokemon....maybe later on today i will see who my swarm pokemon is and try and chain them in hopes of being successful....wish me luck PLZZZZ =(
Old September 4th, 2007 (06:24 AM).
Dialga Used Shiny Roar Of Time

Quote originally posted by ZaChAttAck101:
hey everyone...congrats on your new shinies...soo yesterday i tried to chain elecktrike because that was my swarm for the day and i had pikachu at the front of my team hoping that i can attract more of them...i got to a chain of 14 nd got screwed over by a pachirisu....den i tried again and got to 11 but this time it was a shellos... =[[[ i suck at chaining pokemon....maybe later on today i will see who my swarm pokemon is and try and chain them in hopes of being successful....wish me luck PLZZZZ =(
Lol broke at 14... same as me XDD
Anyway, Good luck with ur shiny hunting!!!

Old September 4th, 2007 (07:10 AM).
Has gone...

Quote originally posted by hawkraven:
Congratz to Dark Steelix Lv X for that nice Rhydon, its IV is great... I believe that the only downside is its ability :\

I'm still trying with failed attempts to catch a shiny () with the PokeRadar above Jubilife City(probably cuz its blue =P), the chain(s) broke due to some annoying Starlys and such. Highest I got to was 14 lol

After doing some research, I found that the OPTIMAL(not compulsory) chains to reset for shinies is around 40-60... Wonder if we could go any higher than that without breaking XDD
I know what you mean! When I chained for Ralts, all my chains kept being broken (and still are to this day) by Bidoof!! I alreaady have 2 Shiny Ralts & and I want a Gallade now. So the eternal battle with Bidoof continues!!

BTW, my Buneary chain was broken by Budew -.-' but I can't stay angry at an adorable face of a Budew!! Here's hoping today I get Buneary (F) & Ralts (M)!! Good luck to all as well!!
Old September 4th, 2007 (07:32 AM).
Um...Dont Do Drugs!

Send a message via AIM to Ghetto-Dawg
hey guys im bak from my trip from Florida

i caught a shiny Spoink on My Emerald and Traded it to Diamond so yay me!

it evolved to a Grumpig too
She hit the flo [She hit the flo]
Next thing you know
Shawty got low low low low low low low low

Them baggy sweat pants
And the Reeboks with the straps [With the straps]
She turned around and gave that big booty a smack [Ayy]
She hit the flo [She hit the flo]
Next thing you know
Shawty got low low low low low low low low
Old September 4th, 2007 (07:44 AM).
torrtera will rule with a tree

my shines are on my sig so am i in

http://gamer.forum-motion.com
/\
l
MY FOURM
Old September 4th, 2007 (08:16 AM).

my first shiny was shinx and i got 2 of them in the same chain-one on 40 and another on 41-and since then i found out that you can get at least 2 shinies on each chain.Oh yea and i would also like to point out that I nickname all the shinies i catch myself so it proves i caught them myself. ok these are the shinies i have caught shinx x2, voltorb x2, tauros x2, zubat, electrike,abra,and finally pidgey. I got the voltorbs in the same chain- on 40 and 41.As well with tauros. I got zubat on a chain of 1 believe it or not- so to go with its rare catch i nicknamed it lucky1. The abra i caught on a chain of 19. The electrike i got on a chain of 14. And the pidgey i got on a chain of 34. The nicknames for my shinies are the following-first shinx is named shinyray. the second is named NightFlash. The voltorbs are named bluey and bluemoon. the tauroses are named mean-green since shiny tauros is green and the second tauros is named shinyorous. The zubat i already mentioned. The electrike i nicknamed shinectric for when it evolved. Abra i nicknamed starshine. And the pidgey i first nicknamed sunshine but later changed to Ariel. If you do not believe that i caught these here is my fc 2062 6085 8600. The shinies im trying to get next are ralts- cause i love the color blue and the other one is aron because it just looks sweet
Old September 4th, 2007 (12:52 PM). Edited September 9th, 2007 by sirDonovan.

Nature: Quiet
Congrats on all of the new shinies, and welcome new members :D I got some cool news:

This morning on the bus to school, i was sitting with my friends and i took out my DS. I went to Sandgem Town, and checked to see what the swarm was. It was(and still is ) Phanpy, so i decided i would at least start the chain and just close my ds until school is over. So i went there, used a Max Repel, and saved. I used the pokeradar, went into the grass hoping to find a Phanpy, but instead i notice its a Geodude. I was just about to reset, when i noticed it was a different color. I was sure i was just seeing things, because it wasn't even in a shiny patch. But then i saw the stars, and my friends sat there with their mouths open. I started shaking, and my hands got all sweaty, lol. I used my masterball because i didn't know if it knew Selfdestruct already. Here's the stats:

Geodude Female, caught in a masterball
Relaxed nature, level 6

Attack 15
Defense 19
Sp. Atk 9
Sp.Def 9
Speed 8

I am going to take a break from the pokeradar, so i can get some other shinies, from sring or fishing. Right now, i am going for Crandios. (im at 1,000 resets) Good luck everyone!
Old September 4th, 2007 (01:01 PM).
Nostalgia is powerful.

Congrats on your new shiny OT. I'll race you for Cranidos, I already have about 1000 soft resets for it, too. I just need to finish EV training Butterfree.

Old September 4th, 2007 (01:25 PM).
Protect his very soul.
Moderator, CS

Too lazy to reply to everyone but...
Congrats on all of the new shinies and the new members too. =) I'm not doing too much... Not motivated to hunt really... I got two hours of sleep yesterday ahh last time I'll procrastinate hopefully. :x Good luck to everyone on hunting today. If I had a fossil, I'd try to race a bit for Cranidos too... Red pwns. :3

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)