Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 8th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Dark Steelix Lv X
Final Atomic Buster

Advertise here
Congrats to everyone on their new shines! Seems like everyone had some luck and got shinies on low chains xD Heh I'm on Day 5 of Sring for Regigigas. Did about 4 hours yesterday, would've done more but I fell asleep x__X. Anyways I'm currently Sring it, 3 hours down so far. Also going to dual hunt it and mewtwo. Been Sring for mewtwo for a while now, but no luck on it neither.
Good luck to everyone on their hunts!
~Total: 64 Latest: ~GRIMER~

+ Unown !, Skarmory, Uxie, Treecko, Torchic, Palkia, Metapod, Rotom, Voltorb, Mudkip, Darkrai, Shaymin, Azelf, Mewtwo, Electrode, Machop, Trapinch, Grimer
Credit to Yami Zidane

TARGETS:
Old September 8th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
Haven't had a chain past 20 since about 1AM last night. Was up till around 2AM chaining Absol. I am never very lucky with shiny's. I have no idea why though. Was awake at 6 this morning so less than 5 hours sleep. Went straight to chaining when I got up with my highest being 15. Will carry on looking later. I am to tired to look now.
Shiny Value 275 if anyone needs it pm me
Old September 8th, 2007, 09:48 AM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Steelix Lv X View Post
Congrats to everyone on their new shines! Seems like everyone had some luck and got shinies on low chains xD Heh I'm on Day 5 of Sring for Regigigas. Did about 4 hours yesterday, would've done more but I fell asleep x__X. Anyways I'm currently Sring it, 3 hours down so far. Also going to dual hunt it and mewtwo. Been Sring for mewtwo for a while now, but no luck on it neither.
Good luck to everyone on their hunts!
Not me. I was resetting on like 39 for my Absol. And why is everyone going after Absol now? =/

LDD, one of my motivators for going after Absol was payback for you getting Seviper so many years ago. >=] Now that you have one, that was short lived. Congrats anyways. Shiny Absol is like yours, and it's only fair given all those Oddishes and Pooches you found on Emerald. xD

There were no 21HP Bold female Chikorita in box #18. Now I must log all their stats, release them, and pick my breeders for box #19.
Don't want to see another generation drop

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old September 8th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Absol has been one that I have wanted back from Ruby. But i hated breeding and finding it in wild would be so rare. NOw it my chance to get it. I think you started off a trend though.
Old September 8th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Jake
Pearly White Dream

lol. My favorite shiny is Ursaring. I pretty much looked for him forever, and on my birthday I finally caught him.
Anyway, is SRing for a Shiny Turtwig worth it? His shiny is decent, but not great. Just asking before I restart my Pearl.
---
Old September 8th, 2007, 10:24 AM
The Blue Rose
Beginning Trainer

Hi, I'd like to join, But I'm confused, Is there a way to make shiny hunting easier in D/P, And The Terms "Chaining" And "Shiny Patch" Are a bit confusing to me also.

I hope I don't sound too noobish.
Old September 8th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Can't you breed for your Turtwig. Would save you restarting your game then.
I have always wanted a Bagon I have caught myself I have one I got in a trade but that doesn't count here.
Old September 8th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Dark Steelix Lv X
Final Atomic Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
Not me. I was resetting on like 39 for my Absol. And why is everyone going after Absol now? =/

LDD, one of my motivators for going after Absol was payback for you getting Seviper so many years ago. >=] Now that you have one, that was short lived. Congrats anyways. Shiny Absol is like yours, and it's only fair given all those Oddishes and Pooches you found on Emerald. xD

There were no 21HP Bold female Chikorita in box #18. Now I must log all their stats, release them, and pick my breeders for box #19.
Lol yeah alot of people always like how a shiny looks when some else gets it and they decide to try for one too. Lol same thing happened with me and Giratina. It was mostly me and Storm_dragoon going after giratina on SPPf, then when I finally got mine like 4 more people decided to hunt it too xD Good luck with chikorita breeding! I've never tried hatching for a shiny on 3rd gen and on. I suspect my first will be manaphy when I finally decide to hunt it, though I also want to breed for sableye on emerald but I haven't made time for it. Lol like Fufu I've got a ton of targets but I'm not as organized as to when to hunt them. I mostly hunt them sporadically except for my main target which I always hunt (this time being Regigigas). Continuing Sring for Regigigas. Good luck to everyone on their hunts!
~Total: 64 Latest: ~GRIMER~

+ Unown !, Skarmory, Uxie, Treecko, Torchic, Palkia, Metapod, Rotom, Voltorb, Mudkip, Darkrai, Shaymin, Azelf, Mewtwo, Electrode, Machop, Trapinch, Grimer
Credit to Yami Zidane

TARGETS:
Old September 8th, 2007, 10:52 AM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
Well, there's the fact that is probably one of the five best shinies. That, and the fact that is 'easy' to hunt for.
I LOVE SHINY POKEMON!

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old September 8th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

The blue rose. Take a look at the chaining guide in the D/P section. PM me if you still don't get it.
As for finding shinies easier. Some people say that getting a high chain increases chances of finding a shiny. But it hasnt been confirmed whether it is true. I think it is just because when you chain you see a few patchs shake.

About to start chaining Absol again.
Old September 8th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Jake
Pearly White Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by razer302 View Post
Can't you breed for your Turtwig. Would save you restarting your game then.
I have always wanted a Bagon I have caught myself I have one I got in a trade but that doesn't count here.
Good point, but I'm only at the first gym in Pearl and beaten Diamond. I don't think I'll restart, but the bad thing is I don't have anyone in the Turtwig line. GTS is horrible for looking for anything, they always want a Mew.
Anyway, going to hunt for Buneary.
---
Old September 8th, 2007, 11:15 AM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Fufu3000~ View Post
Well, there's the fact that is probably one of the five best shinies. That, and the fact that is 'easy' to hunt for.
Well Absol's only #17 on my personal list. That list is topped by Meganium and Porygon2. :D

I got my new female Chikorita breeder to L31 in the Gardevoir base. (I'd make a Latios base but I don't have any RSE games I'm willing to restart.) I randomly bred a female with flawless Speed (from non-flawless parents), but she's Lonely. =/

Now starting box 19.
Don't want to see another generation drop

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old September 8th, 2007, 12:01 PM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by razer302 View Post
The blue rose. Take a look at the chaining guide in the D/P section. PM me if you still don't get it.
As for finding shinies easier. Some people say that getting a high chain increases chances of finding a shiny. But it hasnt been confirmed whether it is true. I think it is just because when you chain you see a few patchs shake.

About to start chaining Absol again.
Did I actually say anything about getting a high chain increasing the chance of finding a shiny? Besides, whether or not it's been "confirmed" doesn't matter; chaining is undoubtedly an easier way to get shinies. You just have to be good at it.

MM, Porygon2 is #3 on my list, and #2 is Ninetales. I'm sure you all know who #1 is reserved for...

I just checked my swarm, and it's Surskit. I don't think it's worth leaving Regigigas to chain for.
I LOVE SHINY POKEMON!

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old September 8th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

I was talking to Blue Rose. It didn't have anything to do with you. So no idea where that came from. It does make it easier as you see more than one most of the time.

Good luck to everyone on there hunts.

Last edited by Razer302; September 8th, 2007 at 12:27 PM.
Old September 8th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Lil-Dill
I need to change that ^

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lil-Dill
Yo guys Im back. ok havent shiny hunted because of skool...Grade 8 is hectic. ok so what did I miss?

Soul Silver team:

Sisters:TwilightBlade, Color Me Evil
Pokemon Soul Silver FC:
4899 0878 6952
Pokemon White FC: 3181 5385 5104
Old September 8th, 2007, 12:45 PM
The Blue Rose
Beginning Trainer

Thank you! And one more thing, What's Soft Resetting?

Last edited by The Blue Rose; September 8th, 2007 at 01:28 PM.
Old September 8th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Shadow Chaos
Has gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil-Dill View Post
Yo guys Im back. ok havent shiny hunted because of skool...Grade 8 is hectic. ok so what did I miss?
Lot of the members have caught many new Shinies!! That, and there are new members here as well!! And I also remember 8th Grade as well... So boring...
Later...
Old September 8th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Lil-Dill
I need to change that ^

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lil-Dill
yo blue rose. Soft Reseting is when u save the game before meeting legendaries or getting ur starter. If u dont get a shiny make sure u save before meeting it then if its not press START, SELECT L&R at the same time.

Soul Silver team:

Sisters:TwilightBlade, Color Me Evil
Pokemon Soul Silver FC:
4899 0878 6952
Pokemon White FC: 3181 5385 5104
Old September 8th, 2007, 01:48 PM
The Blue Rose
Beginning Trainer

Thanks LD! I'mma try for a shiny starly and Cranidos first, Cranidos from Breeding and Starly from chaining!And I'm Sring for a drifblim.
Old September 8th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Good luck on the hunts everyone. Nothing new for me again. ^,..,^

The Blue Rose, it might be easier to soft reset for Cranidos... So if you did that, I would gladly race you for it (Racing is basically 2+ shiny hunters look for the same pokemon and whoever gets it first wins.. a cookie 8D). But if you prefer hatching, good luck on that and it's fine.

Also going after Latias, Hoppip, maybe Drowzee too one day since my friend likes it. Can't ever make up my mind. |D
Even if it's a short life, burn hot and bright and overtake the moment. That's my way of life.
Old September 8th, 2007, 04:52 PM
The Blue Rose
Beginning Trainer

Well, I have 9 Cranidos Now and I'm gonna have to go hunting for another skull fossil, but thanks for bringing that up!Your on!

Last edited by The Blue Rose; September 8th, 2007 at 05:01 PM.
Old September 8th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Torterra defender
torrtera will rule with a tree

my first hunted shiny i got a chain of 46 a shiny geodude i was going to the beach and i was playing my ds cause i was bored so i pulled it out and thats when i got the geodude then we arrived at the beach so i put it in the beachbag and now i cant find it
the army of torrterra rules with a mighty tree

http://gamer.forum-motion.com
/\
l
MY FOURM
Old September 8th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Dragonking_ShinyElite
Trainer

I got a new shiny tonight. A level 29 Wingull off of Route 221 after a 28 chain. It has a Hardy nature. Gonna spend the night evolving it into Pelipper. Congrats on all new shinies.
and since: Camerupt, Luxray, Torkoal, Noctowl, Shuckle, Metagross, Palkia, Torterra, Stantler, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Latios, Arcanine, Groudon, Altaria, Nidoking, Flareon, Umbreon, Espeon, Victreebel, Sceptile, Swampert, Floatzel, Tyranitar, Regigigas, Rhyperior, Blaziken, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Feraligatr, Armaldo, Cradily, Rotom, Dialga, Swablu, and Dusknoir
Credit to MetalMario and Yami for the SHC card
click to help them grow
Old September 9th, 2007, 12:34 AM
rapid whalelord
<--She's a ribbon queen...38!

Send a message via AIM to rapid whalelord Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to rapid whalelord
in the last three day of hatching eggs i got bored of it so i started again will gligar now ive got a shiny one on the 943 egg hatched

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!

Click here to feed me a Digicandy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Old September 9th, 2007, 03:35 AM
Ghetto-Dawg
Um...Dont Do Drugs!

hey guys thx for the comments,

here are the stats for the Grumpig that I have now

LV: 76
HP: 227
ATK: 96
DEF: 142
SPD: 203
SP.ATK: 167
SP.DEF: 214

what i do with my shinies is i first battle the Elite Four with it over and over again with my Rayquaza with an Amulet Coin and my new shiny with Exp. Share. Then I get the experience and it levels it up pretty fast. Then after that I use the money i got to buy stuff like Protien and Zinc. So finally I get it up to a level that I think is good and just stop and start hunting for my next shiny.

i hope this strategy helps other trainers too :D

btw guys i only need five more posts till i can get a card so can u guys help by posting

thx and bye
Shawty had them Apple Bottom Jeans [Jeans]
Boots with the fur [With the fur]
The whole club was lookin at her
She hit the flo [She hit the flo]
Next thing you know
Shawty got low low low low low low low low

Them baggy sweat pants
And the Reeboks with the straps [With the straps]
She turned around and gave that big booty a smack [Ayy]
She hit the flo [She hit the flo]
Next thing you know
Shawty got low low low low low low low low

Last edited by Ghetto-Dawg; September 9th, 2007 at 04:09 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here