The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 18th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Alex_
Scyther

it IS obvious for some people lol
Old November 18th, 2004, 05:31 PM
TB Pro
Old-timer

yeah it is obvious for some people.xd
Old November 18th, 2004, 05:34 PM
Alex_
Scyther

i was refering to you and some other people but if everyone else believes you i guess i do O.o
Old November 18th, 2004, 05:47 PM
TB Pro
Old-timer

Well thanks for beliving me, I love shiny pokemon so well you know I love to search for them too!
Old November 18th, 2004, 06:04 PM
youngotaku
Collecter of Mews

ok...Since im new at this,anyone have any tips?Oh,that reminds me,i guess i do have 1 shiny,i got a shiny zigzagoon from a machine at a video game store.
Old November 18th, 2004, 06:07 PM
SkinnyGreenMan
█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█

Tips? Well, there are two factors in shiny hunting: Luck, and Time.

If you are looking for a pokemon in the wild that's rare (like Kangaskhan), try breeding for a shiny insted of finding one in the wild. That's about all I can think of, good luck.

Member of the:
Old November 18th, 2004, 06:09 PM
youngotaku
Collecter of Mews

Old November 18th, 2004, 06:13 PM
SkinnyGreenMan

Yes you can. You might want to look here, it's a FAQ for shinies, in might answer some of your questons.

Member of the:
Old November 18th, 2004, 06:18 PM
TB Pro
Old-timer

Well I have something that might help you and here it is http://www.mewshangout.com/games/shinies.shtml if that does not help then my only advice id as SKG said breed for them.
Old November 18th, 2004, 06:29 PM
SkinnyGreenMan

Quote:
Shinies are very rare Pokemon that can be caught in G/S/C and R/S. You can find them anywhere, and they can be any Pokemon (in my Silver I found a shiny Rattata, and in Sapphire it was a shiny Girafarig with a blue nose...). About one in a million encounters produces a shiny Pokemon, so expect to see only one or two in your whole game time. They are a different color than a normal Pokemon and also 'shine' when they come out of their Pokeballs. If you look at a shiny's stats, it will have three little stars next to the gender--this means that they are shiny.
All true, but note that the chance to catch a shiny in Ru/Sa is 1/8195, I don't know the percentage in GSC.

Quote:
Contrary to the popular idea that shinies are super-powerful, they... arent. They can't ever get to max stats, and although their stats are usually above those of a normal Pokemon, they have terrible HP. A strange aspect about shinies is that you can't escape when you are battling one. It's probably a hint that you are supposed to catch it, since you'll probably never see one again.
This is only true for GSC. In Ru/Sa, shinyness doesn't effect stats.

Quote:
Also, shinies can't pass on their color through breeding, I've found. Never fear, though, they still keep it when they evolve.
True and half-true. Shinies have a 5% chance of passing on shinyness in GSC, but not in Ru/Sa/Fr/Lg/Em. But they do keep their shinyness when they evolve.

Quote:
There are a few ways to catch a shiny Pokemon without Gameshark (the codes are 010719D1 for G/S and 910730D2 for Crystal). Here are a few ways that have been found:

To get a shiny blue Ditto you first need a red Gyarados. You should probably clone it. You need to send the clone to red or blue. Teach it mimic when it's there. Then you need to find and battle a Ditto. In battle you use mimic. Ditto will use transform. Now simply catch it and trade it to silver or gold. It will be blue. This does work unlike many other codes I've tried.
True, this does work.

Quote:
The next is a cheat that you can do by yourself, but only with a Japanese cartridge (hehe, lucky me...)
If you want the full benefit of this code, use a Pokmon that can evolve. Otherwise, there will be some confusion with names and so forth. First, place a flying Pokmon that has been taught to FLY, as the first Pokmon in your lineup, the "Golden Gyarados" as the sixth position, and the Pokmon whose color is to be changed in the second position. After doing this, put all of the Pokmon back into the PC except the first one. Next, take out the Pokmon that was in the second position before, the one that will be changed. Enter the bug-catching contest that is near Goldenrod city. This is held on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. As soon as you enter it, exit right away. When the clerk asks you if you want to quit, make sure you say NO. Now use your Flying Pokmon to FLY out of the contest. Store the Pokmon that will be changed in a PC, then go back to the contest and say YES to complete the contest. Return to a PC, withdraw the Pokmon, and check its status screen. The Pokmon will be a different color, but it will have Gyarados's name. Grow the Pokmon until it evolves. You may want to use Rare Candies if you have any. Now when you go into battle with the evolved form of the original Pokmon, it will have a shining status.
I have never tried this one, it looks kind of fishy, but is still possible.

Member of the:

Last edited by SkinnyGreenMan; November 18th, 2004 at 06:52 PM.
Old November 18th, 2004, 06:34 PM
TB Pro
Old-timer

the 4th one I tried over and over agin but, it never worked. maby I did it wrong I don`t know.
Old November 18th, 2004, 06:37 PM
SkinnyGreenMan

It said you needed a Japanese cartridge. If you were useing one, and it didn't work, I'm not supprized. Cheats that requires you to do random things are usualy false.

Member of the:
Old November 18th, 2004, 06:43 PM
youngotaku
Collecter of Mews

Old November 18th, 2004, 06:49 PM
SkinnyGreenMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngotaku
Wait,are there shinies in fg/lg?
Yeah, they are.

If they wern't, then what would happen if you traded one over, lol?

You can get shinies in every single pokemon game except RBY. Actualy, you can get a shiny in RBY, it just doesn't show up shiny. You have to trade it to GSC, then if it's a shiny it'l show up. That's how the ditto thing works, mimicing transform somehow forces Ditto to copy Gyrados' DVs, cretaing a shiny ditto. You can then trade the ditto over to GSC, and breed it to get a better chance for any shiny.

Member of the:
Old November 18th, 2004, 06:56 PM
TB Pro
Old-timer

Yes yuo can that is how my friend got his shiny ditto!well I want a shiny stantler!and a shiny blaziken!
Old November 18th, 2004, 06:58 PM
SkinnyGreenMan

Why not go for shiny stantler? You can't catch it in Ru/Sa/Fr/Lg, so we need someone who has Gold/Silver/Crystal/Coloseum/Emerald to get that one for the club.

Member of the:
Old November 18th, 2004, 07:13 PM
TB Pro
Old-timer

I will do that ok!I have gold/silver/crystal/colleseum so I probobly could get it for the club later I hope!
Old November 18th, 2004, 07:37 PM
ryan
Elite Four

Send a message via AIM to ryan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ryan Send a message via Yahoo to ryan
yo pichuman, you spelled club wrong in your sig (just fyi)
Old November 19th, 2004, 02:14 AM
THIRTY-SIX
Booted out - don't be like me!

i remember seeing ditto when trying to get to mew2 *on the way to * it fainted although im not sure why cuz i used that move once on to other dittos and caught em 1 hit cuz my charizards super powerful with flamthower
isnt it kinda weird how charizard is super effective against magneton and magneton is super effective against charizard if only charizard were a dragon type but that wouldnt make a difference
Old November 19th, 2004, 03:26 AM
youngotaku
Collecter of Mews

im going to breed my shiney zigzagoon with something to try to get a shiny
Old November 19th, 2004, 03:50 AM
THIRTY-SIX

breeding witha shiny doesnt increase the chances of a shiny egg the odds are the same unless ur playing silver which ur not because u said zangoose sorry to diappoint u
Old November 19th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Aaryn
I Want a DS!!!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Aaryn Send a message via Yahoo to Aaryn
yay!! i got my second rep bar!!!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lol, exicited ya know. Im looking for someone to tell me what shiny to go after!

Full credits to MetalMario for the card and for the banner!
Old November 19th, 2004, 09:59 AM
THIRTY-SIX

ahh i suppose its me again shiny feebas
oh i got a q too does it show on colosseum if u got a shiny *talking bout the snagd pokemon* or do you have to trade to ruby/fr to see if its shiny?

edit: i changed my mind catch a clefairy
Old November 19th, 2004, 01:40 PM
myles_master
Beware of the myles_master

Send a message via Yahoo to myles_master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaryn
yay!! i got my second rep bar!!!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lol, exicited ya know. Im looking for someone to tell me what shiny to go after!

You should go after a shiny surskit. they are somewhat rare and their evovled form is really cool

Paired with Lass Crystal *hugs*
Old November 19th, 2004, 03:09 PM
TB Pro
Old-timer

thank`s rsgh5 for pointing out my grammical error.Um Aaron I think that you should go after a shiny Bagon!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links