The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 25th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Thebiggamer
Trainer

Originally Posted by Graceful Assassin View Post
OFFTOPIC: oh and i just want to say MM since ur back and all. i only found this site and this club cause 1 day i was on youtube and i saw ur shiny dialga video which had a link to this site. So thx for that.

Funny story on how I found this site as well, I had just let a shiny quagsire get away from me in the gret marsh so the next day in school I typed "Shiny Quagsire" into google and one of the links on the first page was to page 300 something of this thread, so thats how I wound up on this site, I only registered so I could post here as well

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 25th, 2008, 03:04 PM
rapid whalelord
<--She's a ribbon queen...38!

Send a message via AIM to rapid whalelord Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to rapid whalelord
ANY HELP FOR MY PREVIOUS QUESTION?????

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!

Click here to feed me a Digicandy!
Old February 25th, 2008, 07:18 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomX View Post
Hold on a sec, i'm confused *retard moment*
Where you implying in that post that i wouldn't have the tenacity to keep SRing if a shiny took me longer than a month to get?

Because i assure you that nothing is further from the truth, i was just pointing out that in most cases SRing for a shiny takes much longer than a month (you and brawl being prime examples) wheras in my case each shiny has shown up inside a month of SRing, the longest being rayquaza which iirc was one day from being a full month, and i was thinking how odd it was, thats all.

Now*waits on MM's answer which will no doubt put right what was most likely a wrongful assumption in the first place*
No. It was more of a "counting my blessings" statement. Basically, "I've had a terrible time with soft resets in the past, but I'm glad I know not to give up."

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid whalelord View Post
het guys wat do you think are the chances of getting another shiny electivire from my BATTLE REVOLUTION. This also applies to the magortar too.open to all sugestions.
"Another?" Implying you've gotten one before? If that's a yes, then the odds are the very same as last time--1/8192, in all likelihood. If that's not what you meant, then I can return to my previous inference: the PKTOPIA gifts each have fixed natures, genders, and trainer IDs, suggesting that they're all clones, at least in the PV department (anyone have IV sample data?), meaning they can never be shiny.

Just lost a chain on 37 with the following pattern, entering the patch furthest to the left:
Code:
############  ##
############  ##
##################
##################
#####Tx#x###    ##
#x#####x####    ##
##################
##################
##########
##########
That Nosepass is still up for offer, going once...

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old February 25th, 2008, 08:45 PM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
Meganium is my favourite shiny.

Edit: My latest chain broke at 18 on the pattern:
Code:
############  ##
##x#########  ##
##################
##################
###**T######    ##
############    ##
##################
##################
####x#####
##########
T = trainer; x = shaking grass; * = flashing grass. The patch I entered was the furthest down. This is the actual complete grass arrangement of Spring Path and my location is accurate to where I activated the radar. I'll give you a shiny Nosepass if you can tell me what I'm doing wrong.
I'm not interested in a shiny Nosepass, but to me, it looks like you're chaining in Trophy Garden...anyways, assuming you were chaining using Normal patches, the reason why your chain broke is simple but, in essence, stupid. When you are using Normal patches to chain, if the two patches in Zone 1 and Zone 2 are Sparkly patches, and they are "touching", like they are in the above scenario, then the patch in Zone 3 has the highest chance of continuing your chain. According to a "13mjvr" user at SPPf, the chance of the patches in Zones 1 and 2 transfer to the patch in Zone 3...or something along those lines. Look for his guide, if you can.

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old February 25th, 2008, 09:56 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Quote:
Originally Posted by $ChuteOut$ View Post
I'm not interested in a shiny Nosepass, but to me, it looks like you're chaining in Trophy Garden...anyways, assuming you were chaining using Normal patches, the reason why your chain broke is simple but, in essence, stupid. When you are using Normal patches to chain, if the two patches in Zone 1 and Zone 2 are Sparkly patches, and they are "touching", like they are in the above scenario, then the patch in Zone 3 has the highest chance of continuing your chain. According to a "13mjvr" user at SPPf, the chance of the patches in Zones 1 and 2 transfer to the patch in Zone 3...or something along those lines. Look for his guide, if you can.
By "zones", do you mean the concentric squares around the player (at the time of activation) at various distances? Are you suggesting that it would have been better to have entered the patch 3 cells away than the patch 4 cells away? Where does this info come from?

From personal experience, I've determined a few things about the radar, myself:
-The game always picks a single patch to shake at each 1, 2, 3, and 4 cells away. There cannot be two cells at the same distance from the player. (Diagonals count as one unit of distance.) Sometimes, the game picks a cell which doesn't actually contain grass for one or more of its shakes. (It simply ignores whether a cell contains grass or not.) In these cases, the particular shake in question is dropped and doesn't happen. If all four shakes are dropped, the "grassy patch remains quiet."
-There are only three types of shakes (possibly four if there are two kinds of shiny patches, but I don't believe so): regular shaking grass, flashing grass (three little dots that flash), and shiny grass. Differences in the appearance of flashing grass are but illusions caused by aliasing.
-Many of Shuko's original rules don't really apply. No harm comes from entering a patch with another adjacent, or from entering a patch when not all four shakes occur. It is very important that you only enter patches at distance 4, and that the patch you enter has the same style of shake (excluding shiny patches, of course!) as the one you entered previously.

Are you suggesting that the famous "most distant patch" rule doesn't always apply? You may be closer to that Nosepass than you think, wanted or not!

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old February 26th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Dragonking_ShinyElite
Trainer

I would only go into the 4th patch of grass when either all for patches are x=shaking grass or three x's and one *. If there are 2 * I pass. It seems to work for me. But yes sometime even then the chain can break.
and since: Camerupt, Luxray, Torkoal, Noctowl, Shuckle, Metagross, Palkia, Torterra, Stantler, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Latios, Arcanine, Groudon, Altaria, Nidoking, Flareon, Umbreon, Espeon, Victreebel, Sceptile, Swampert, Floatzel, Tyranitar, Regigigas, Rhyperior, Blaziken, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Feraligatr, Armaldo, Cradily, Rotom, Dialga, Swablu, and Dusknoir
Credit to MetalMario and Yami for the SHC card
click to help them grow
Old February 26th, 2008, 01:09 AM
.Vaporeon
eshkient

Nature: Relaxed
Hey guys i just got a Shiny umbreon and a shiny espeon what do you think?
Old February 26th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Thebiggamer
Trainer

Metal Mario, I've chained a few shinies on radar and one of the things I've picked up was that even though people say 4 is best I try to have the patches I enter 5 or more away from me otherwise I reset radar, it takes a long time but I got alot of broken chains from 4 so I try to stick to 5 at the very least and if 2 patches of the same type shake at opposite ends of my screen I reset it again, good luck with your chains as well, I've found also that if you go into the chain expecting to get a shiny you've lost the battle right there, I just go into it trying to get as high a chain as possible to beat my record and if a shiny pops up thats just icing on the cake, I don't chain for shinies I chain for high score

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 26th, 2008, 01:03 PM
The Graceful Assassin
Dispose Of The Betrayer....

i have probably learned 1 thing from chaining and that is i suck at it. so i go for the soft resets. still hunting for turtwig good luck everyone!!

" As The Lightless Oblivion Devours You, Drown In The Ever-Blooming Darkness.."
Credit Goes To Aurafire For The Banner

Old February 27th, 2008, 04:00 AM
Thebiggamer
Trainer

I've been EVing my competitive team by just doing rNDOM BATTLES SO i'M HOPING i'LL GET SOME SHINIES TO POP THAt way(sorry bout caps I hit the button)

Old February 27th, 2008, 11:33 AM
rapid whalelord

Send a message via AIM to rapid whalelord Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to rapid whalelord
thx MM and by another i ment i already have one that i breeded.

Old February 27th, 2008, 04:39 PM
~Crystal Entei~
If that is what you wish

Hey guys!I know it's been a few weeks,it's just that my chaining was full of fail the entire time.Today that changed when I caught a shiny male Absol.I can't come up with a nickname to match his awesomeness!It was kind of by accident because I was chaining for it on the bus to school and everyone knows that buses aren't exactly the smoothest rides,making it hard to get the right patches.Now,I'm determined to find a shiny Rattata and name him Algernon in honor of 'Flowers for Algernon',a really good movie.Soo,good luck on your hunts!

Last edited by ~Crystal Entei~; January 23rd, 2009 at 10:53 PM. Reason: typo in 5th and last sentence
Old February 27th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Thebiggamer
Trainer

Originally Posted by Zara_the_Infernape View Post
Hey guys!I know it's been a few weeks,it's just that my chaining was full of fail the entire time.Today that changed when I caught a shiny male Absol.I can't come up with a nickname to match his awesomeness!It was kind by accident because I was chaining for it on the bus to school and everyone knows that buses aren't exactly the smoothest rides,making it hard to get the right patches.Now,I'm determined to find a shiny Rattata and name him Algernon in honor of 'Flowers for Algernon',a really good movie.Soo,good luck on you hunts!

I liked that book/movie good luck with that, gratz on the Absol

Old February 28th, 2008, 04:20 AM
Matty101
Trainer

Congrats on the absol Zara :D

Put 100 more SR's into Charmander last night But none were shiny It's ok! He'll come soon!....hopefully

Old February 28th, 2008, 04:44 AM
super onii chan
I think I'm here to stay

Nature: Adamant
yo i got a question i hit a 40 chain(that was my first time) so u can see how happy i was so im running along tryin to find that shiny, never found a shiny with pokeradar, doin this for 2 HOURS!!!! and still didnt get a shiny i caught the bidoof that broke my chain and he will SUFFER!!!! so is there anything im doin wrong with the chaining... how come it took 2hours no shiny thats bull
Old February 28th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Thebiggamer
Trainer

Well you have a 1/200 shot of getting a sint patch every time you reset your radar after 40 but that doesnt add up, thik of rolling a 200 sided die, even if you get say 5 but you trying for 30 if you roll it again 5 is still gonna be there

Old February 28th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Dragonking_ShinyElite
Trainer

It is aggravating getting a 40 chain and seeing no shiny for a long time. I almost ran out of Super Repels before the shiny patch appeared for my new Misdreavus. I also got a shiny Stantler as well.
and since: Camerupt, Luxray, Torkoal, Noctowl, Shuckle, Metagross, Palkia, Torterra, Stantler, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Latios, Arcanine, Groudon, Altaria, Nidoking, Flareon, Umbreon, Espeon, Victreebel, Sceptile, Swampert, Floatzel, Tyranitar, Regigigas, Rhyperior, Blaziken, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Feraligatr, Armaldo, Cradily, Rotom, Dialga, Swablu, and Dusknoir
Credit to MetalMario and Yami for the SHC card
click to help them grow
Old February 28th, 2008, 02:14 PM
super onii chan
I think I'm here to stay

Nature: Adamant
but the resond im frustrated is because i have no pokerader shinies and that was a good chance of gettin my first one.... i guess all i can say is i have to try again... thx god for static and electric pokemon
Old February 28th, 2008, 03:20 PM
The Graceful Assassin

well im still on the hunt for turtwig and i dont plan on stopping soon. will have more Soft resetting time this weekend good luck everyone!

Old February 29th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Matty101
Trainer

Shinyhunter011, sorry to hear about your broken chain I could imagine how after al lthat hard work, you get no shiny It's alright though! There's always next time =)

Still been going at Charmander! Hope it comes soon!

--Good luck Graceful Assassin on S. Turtwig! :D

Old February 29th, 2008, 10:07 AM
rapid whalelord

hey no shinies here just posting.

Old March 1st, 2008, 05:42 AM
The Graceful Assassin

nothing new just checkin in, but i finished eving my shiny bronzong and it has pretty good stats at lv 100. Anyway good luck to everyone still going strong on my first soft reset shiny.

Old March 1st, 2008, 06:09 AM
Runasutaru
Guardian Spectre

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Runasutaru
'Sup, guys? Have been absent for a few days, my bro has been taking possession of (his XD) PC quite often nowadays...Damn BT raids in WoW.

Even so, my breeding is going hot now! Nearly filling up the box for my 15th time and by this time, my Eevee breeding parents have very good IVs! The female I already evolved into Umbreon so she starts learning moves (She's gonna be one of my later Rookies in training ;D) and the male has got a Hardy nature, so he only works for breeding.
With as much precision as I can muster and with the help of my Counting Eggs, I've opened almost 450 Eevee eggs! It's slower 'cause of the D/P IV checking techniques (I miss Emerald! ;_; ) but it can still be done.

If anyone wishes to make a reservation for an Umbreon/Vaporeon (Non-Shiny, of course), feel free to tell me! Until I get a Female, Bold(Or any other good defensive nature) Shiny Eevee, I won't stop, so many Eevees with good IVs still to come!

Congrats on all the new Shinies, BTW!

Ahoy, ahoy! *Flies away on Niri, my normal Staraptor, 'cause that's her job, actually*

Niri: Staaaaaaar! *Up up n' away!*

~*Runasutaru*~

P.S: I discovered I can animate stuff with ImageReady recently! So I'm going to make myself some sort of Shiny Pokémon card, animated one. Using my own sort of thing, though.

~*Guardian Spectre of the Shiny Hunters' Club*~

Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb
3DS FC: 1736 1330 4876
Pearl FC: 0560 9747 0686
Soul Silver FC: 4770 1082 0019
Black FC: 2236 6346 1481
Old March 1st, 2008, 08:36 AM
Feraligatr master
Im British you know!

Nature: Naive
Well i have excellant news, the egg hunting is over at long last. i will upload the images soon due to my phone dying on me. I did breed for it though, as the riliy egg hatched into a brilliant rialou in terms of iv's and Jolly natured.

I'll post a video on youtube hopefully of it in battle and evolving into Lucario.

My next target will be Starly as Staraptor is awsome in shiny.

Will edit this post with pictures.
The Ruby Destiny Trilogy
Pokemon Light Platinum
Old March 1st, 2008, 08:46 AM
Runasutaru
Guardian Spectre

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Runasutaru
Woo hoo, someone's Shiny Breeding spree has succeeded! Congrats, my friend! It's an especially great achievement considering the suckiness that is breeding in D/P. XD
Say, you wouldn't want to get me one of your spare good IVed Lucarios in change of one of my Umbreons or Vaporeons when/if I do get WiFi someday, would ya?

And yes, Staraptor owns. Mine's IVs are kinda low because I chained it, sure is worth it to breed as well, even though you don't really NEED any of its Egg Moves so you can do without if you just want a mildly competitive Shiny, but that's the way to go for sure!

~*Guardian Spectre of the Shiny Hunters' Club*~

Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb
3DS FC: 1736 1330 4876
Pearl FC: 0560 9747 0686
Soul Silver FC: 4770 1082 0019
Black FC: 2236 6346 1481
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links