The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 1st, 2008, 11:25 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Bah, still no luck on anything.. ;; You think I should change my id in firered or is that "the lesser the number, the better chance" just bull? Right now it's 23466 which looks so kewl but I haven't had any results (haven't counted but I've been at this since December or so).

Sorry to hear what happened to your game, LilDill.. I hope it pops up soon but things look hopeless. D:

Congrats on all of the new shiny captures. I wish I had a hatched shiny or at least more Sr'd ones.. Good luck to everyone else.
Old March 1st, 2008, 01:26 PM
The Graceful Assassin
Dispose Of The Betrayer....

Great job feraligatr master, i was thinking of going for riolu as well after turtwig. That actually reminds me of my first egg shiny my bashful natured gible that i foolishly deleted. good luck to eveyone and like Runasutaru said shiny staraptor is awesome.

" As The Lightless Oblivion Devours You, Drown In The Ever-Blooming Darkness.."
Credit Goes To Aurafire For The Banner

Old March 1st, 2008, 01:26 PM
Thebiggamer
Trainer

Originally Posted by Runasutaru View Post
Woo hoo, someone's Shiny Breeding spree has succeeded! Congrats, my friend! It's an especially great achievement considering the suckiness that is breeding in D/P. XD
Say, you wouldn't want to get me one of your spare good IVed Lucarios in change of one of my Umbreons or Vaporeons when/if I do get WiFi someday, would ya?

And yes, Staraptor owns. Mine's IVs are kinda low because I chained it, sure is worth it to breed as well, even though you don't really NEED any of its Egg Moves so you can do without if you just want a mildly competitive Shiny, but that's the way to go for sure!

I can tell you that your shiny Staraptor can be very effective in competive egg moves or no lol mine 1HKO'd a garchomp, I love her more than ever now that I've given her a good moveset as I get more into competitive battles I'll probly use her as a late game sweeper or a revenge killer.

On a different note my internet was down from about 9:30 last night when I had just enough time to check my messages on myspace until just 10 minutes ago I got bored in that time so I started EVing a hippopotos I got and ended up getting a shiny bidoof out of it, I'm gonna stick to my word and not allow it out of the pc ever though

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 1st, 2008, 08:36 PM
Lil-Dill
I need to change that ^

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lil-Dill
TheBigGammer, you found a shiny BUIZEL? :O When? And congratulations..

Well I got nothing to hunt....:/
:'(

Soul Silver team:

Sisters:TwilightBlade, Color Me Evil
Pokemon Soul Silver FC:
4899 0878 6952
Pokemon White FC: 3181 5385 5104
Old March 2nd, 2008, 07:47 AM
Thebiggamer
Trainer

Thanks, I had that buizel for a while but my pc was unable to copy/paste pics for some reson until I got my wireless router, when I installed the software for the router it said my internet browser was outdated so it updated it for me and now copy/paste works and I can change my friend list on myspace which it was unable to do. I got that Treeko in a trade so I'm not gonna acually count it other than putting it in my sig, I'm not sure on what I want to do with it the IVs are pretty god aweful,after I battle I had yesterday I've discontinues using Floatzel until further notice do to his performance so I gotta get the EV reducing berries and give him a good spread.

So far as far as competative is concerned:

Birdy the Starapter has a perma sport on non weather teams, she lost yesterday but I got doubts about the legitamacy of the Flygon my opponent used, it 1HKO's my Kingdra which isn't a surprise but it did 75% to birdy AFTER intimidate and out speeded her as well, my opponent may have had a 252/252 spread for attack and speed and may have had a choice band equiped as well though

Hyote the Manectric: Depends on the teir I'm playing in at that time she's a bit too fragile to use for an OU battle

Floatzel: Depending on my revamp of him he's out for now

Treeko: He's out unless I feel like training him

I also got a shiny geodude in a trade but it's level 61 with a pretty bad moveset so I'm keeping it out

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 08:49 AM
Runasutaru
Guardian Spectre

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Runasutaru
Oh yeah, I forgot to say that! Congrats on the Shiny Buizel! Hope you can give it a good EV spread.

Lil-Dill, it really sucks that your bro...Argh! *Picks up her scythe and points it at his neck*

SPIT IT OUT! >O

Bro: ...*Shivers*

Oh, alright... *Moves it out*
Good luck recovering the DS, Shiny Lugia and Ho-oh are like... *_*

...In other news, I've passed 450 eggs opened! Obviously no Shinies yet, I mean, 450 eggs is nothing. XD But at this time, I've got a very good male parent and a female I urgently need to replace due to only having 21 in Sp.Def The male has got 3 IVs at 30 and one at 29. 8D
I got two spare male Eevees with Curse/Yawn/Wish (with IVs just as good as my current male's) that I am keeping in case anyone in the club wants to breed for a Shiny Eevee! (This, of course, once I have WiFi XD) Aren't I nice? (>^.^)>

Another cool thing I was making while I was breeding for some eggs (I had to stop to eat lunch after and then just proceeded on focusing on it only) is the cool animated card in my signature! Do ya like it? I thought I needed an informative card 'cause I want their names to be showing.

I guess if anyone wants one, I could make it, but you're gonna have to give me some precise data! The only thing I didn't include in that animation was the Held Item, I felt it was kinda pointless.

If not that visible, the format of it goes like:

Level Stats Number of Ribbons

Name Gender Poffin Levels
Nature Moveset
Ability

Yes, that thing on the bottom right corner of the Pokémon is my copyright symbol, if you were wondering.

~*Guardian Spectre of the Shiny Hunters' Club*~

Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb
3DS FC: 1736 1330 4876
Pearl FC: 0560 9747 0686
Soul Silver FC: 4770 1082 0019
Black FC: 2236 6346 1481

Last edited by Runasutaru; March 2nd, 2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 10:42 AM
Lil-Dill
I need to change that ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runasutaru View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot to say that! Congrats on the Shiny Buizel! Hope you can give it a good EV spread. :P

Lil-Dill, it really sucks that your bro...Argh! *Picks up her scythe and points it at his neck*

SPIT IT OUT! >O

Bro: ...*Shivers*

Oh, alright... *Moves it out*
Good luck recovering the DS, Shiny Lugia and Ho-oh are like... *_*
LMAO! I wish you could do that in real life but he doesnt have it. Its someone from his class that took it and I dont think he knows how to turn on a DS because I check on nintendo Wi-Fi and it said that the last time I turned my registered DS on it was Tuesday February 19th, so I dont think that person could do anything to my game. And yes even though they were all traded shiny Pokemon they still count as rare Pokemon.

Good luck to all on your shiny hunts.

Soul Silver team:

Pokemon Soul Silver FC:
4899 0878 6952
Old March 2nd, 2008, 11:44 AM
Thebiggamer
Trainer

After you get your new DS you can have the bidoof I got the other day lol

Runa I like you banner it seems to cycle through a bit fast though, comparing our starapters with it mine beats yours attack wise while your beats mine in speed although her Lonely nature probly is the result of that

Old March 2nd, 2008, 11:50 AM
Lil-Dill
I need to change that ^

No thanks. I wont like a shiny Bidoof, and besides I have a strong feeling Im going to get it back sooner or later because well the principal, v-principal(all 3 of them), guidance people, hall monitor all know about the stolen DS and are questioning people, well not everyone but people who know my brother. So I hope I get it back.....

Soul Silver team:

Pokemon Soul Silver FC:
4899 0878 6952
Old March 2nd, 2008, 11:55 AM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
2 shinys today. I got 2 shiny Phanpys.

Phanpy 1:
Nature: Serious.
Ivs
HP:25
Attack: 0-19
Defence: 20-31
Special Atack: 20-31
Special Defence: 0-19
Speed: 20-31

Phanphy 2:
Nature: Naive.
HP: 20-31
Attack: 0-19
Defence: 20-31
Special Atack: 20-31
Special Defence: 0-19
Speed: 20-31

Will get the exact IV-s when I can Use my sisters DS for an IV battle.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 12:17 PM
Orange Meganium
Trainer

I would love to be member of the shiny club.My first shiny?A red aaron
Old March 2nd, 2008, 12:29 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Bad news, guys. Last Tuesday, my DS got stolen from work with Diamond and Sapphire within. I have lost all my shinies post-Alakazam.

I am currently making daily rounds to all the EBs/Microplays/pawn shops in town to try to track my stuff down to buy it back, but nothing has shown up yet.

I'm only really hurt by the loss of Dialga and Rotom, whom were from soft resets. The others were chained (or random/unwanted) and can be gotten back. Ru, how did you deal?

I am now going to treat myself to buying new everything that was taken, and then some, and I'll see you once I've gotten through the games again.

Currently, I am still breeding Chikorita (once of the only things I can still do), and playing through Leaf Green to collect Catdogs. After a couple runs through this game, I will reset for a shiny Kanto starter, probably Charmander.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old March 2nd, 2008, 12:33 PM
The Graceful Assassin

wow first Lil dil and now u metalmario that sucks. as for me im still soft resetting for turtwig. i put my old shiny garchomp i used to have in my sig after i deleted him for i shall remember him until th end of time. he was my first egg shiny so he does have a special place in my heart. good luck everyone

Old March 2nd, 2008, 01:00 PM
Thebiggamer
Trainer

Originally Posted by TwilightBlade View Post
Bah, still no luck on anything.. ;; You think I should change my id in firered or is that "the lesser the number, the better chance" just bull? Right now it's 23466 which looks so kewl but I haven't had any results (haven't counted but I've been at this since December or so).

Sorry to hear what happened to your game, LilDill.. I hope it pops up soon but things look hopeless. D:

Congrats on all of the new shiny captures. I wish I had a hatched shiny or at least more Sr'd ones.. Good luck to everyone else.

I'm not sure if ID number has something to do with it but I'm fairly sure that if you go through alot of hours on 1 save file without finding a shiny you'll be very hard pressed to find one but if you get a shiny early on another save file you're pretty much guaranteed to get more.

Not really scientific but it's my observation from all the way back to GSC til today, the save file I originaly got Birdy on I found the Quagsire and Croagunk as well I havent even seen a random shiny in my other saves jus radars

Old March 2nd, 2008, 01:12 PM
Lil-Dill
I need to change that ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
Bad news, guys. Last Tuesday, my DS got stolen from work with Diamond and Sapphire within. I have lost all my shinies post-Alakazam.

I am currently making daily rounds to all the EBs/Microplays/pawn shops in town to try to track my stuff down to buy it back, but nothing has shown up yet.

I'm only really hurt by the loss of Dialga and Rotom, whom were from soft resets. The others were chained (or random/unwanted) and can be gotten back. Ru, how did you deal? :(

I am now going to treat myself to buying new everything that was taken, and then some, and I'll see you once I've gotten through the games again.

Currently, I am still breeding Chikorita (once of the only things I can still do), and playing through Leaf Green to collect Catdogs. After a couple runs through this game, I will reset for a shiny Kanto starter, probably Charmander.
Ok this really sucks for both of us...Sorry to hear that MM...:(

Soul Silver team:

Pokemon Soul Silver FC:
4899 0878 6952
Old March 2nd, 2008, 01:24 PM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
Sorry about your game, MM; I really hope you can find it. And it's about time you decided to hunt a shiny starter!
Been soft resetting for mostly Lapras on FR and Piplup on Pearl, but something is telling me that maybe my next shiny will be one that shall be bred for. My gut doesn't usually lie (it just decides to tell me stuff that doesn't come true for months), and with that, I've decided to return to breeding on Diamond. To be more specific, I'm breeding for a shiny Totodile. I currently have a Feraligatr and a Totodile in at the Day Care, but if I evovle the Totodile, I shall have two Feraligatr, meaning that they will produce eggs faster.
Isn't there some way to check stuff like how many eggs you've hatched? If there is, it'd be a great way to check how many eggs I hatch daily.Good luck, everyone.

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old March 2nd, 2008, 01:56 PM
Thebiggamer
Trainer

No new shinies, I keep updating my sig as I go through my PC and finding the shinies I forgot so they are old mostly with bidoof being the most recent I didn't even want it I was just EV training but the chain ended up hitting 92

Old March 2nd, 2008, 03:50 PM
super onii chan
I think I'm here to stay

Nature: Adamant
hi guys wat u guys doin me just tryin to chain my first shiny STILL!!!
Old March 2nd, 2008, 04:55 PM
Thebiggamer
Trainer

That Bidoof is lucky the game only allows a person to release pokemon and there is no option "crush skull with boot" I really dislike them

Old March 2nd, 2008, 05:56 PM
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ♣Gawain♣ Send a message via Yahoo to ♣Gawain♣
Ummm It seems silly to say "Nope, no shiny Zigzagoon yet" 10x. So I quit stalking Zigzagoon and concentrate on mastering this Chaining thingy.

VM Δ PMPairsDeviantArtPlaying...ClubsTheme
Old March 2nd, 2008, 06:53 PM
Thebiggamer
Trainer

Watch the guides on youtube for chaining advice, I seriously only enter patches if they are 5 or more away even though people usually suggest 4 or more, I've yet to have 5 patches fail on me unless there were 2 patches an equal distance away

Old March 2nd, 2008, 10:44 PM
Orange Meganium
Trainer

Can I be member?My first shiny was a red eyed aaron.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 08:05 AM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
I have the exact IV's for my 2 Phanphys now.

Phanpy 1:
Nature: Serious.
Ivs
HP: 7
Attack: 30
Defence: 25
Special Atack:21
Special Defence: 12
Speed: 23
Phanphy 2:
Nature: Naive.
HP: 24
Attack: 5
Defence: 30
Special Attack: 31
Special Defence: 0
Speed: 31

Not sure qhich one i should Ev train into a Donphan. Any help would be appreciated.

Lil-Dill unlucky about your DS. Mine was broken a little while ago for a few months. It is not as bad as it was. If I have any of the shinies you used to have I will trade you them.

Congrats on any new shinies. I forgot what they are now.

Runa I hate breeding for a shiny. It takes a long time. I prefer to fight. I no it helps with IV's and Nature. I wouldn't mind one of the Eevee's. I have wanted a good Umbreon for ages.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 08:23 AM
Runasutaru
Guardian Spectre

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Runasutaru
Hehe, will do!
*Writes it down on a notepad*
In fact, I think I have one or two Eevees I got fresh recently, one Bold and one Impish, Bold is male and Impish is female. I can check the IVs for you if ya want one of those.
Of course, it could take MONTHS until I get WiFi, but oh well. Any more notes on movesets or do ya want to EV train and pick moves yourself?

About you Razer, I'd say go for the first Phanpy, Speed is all good but considering you're going to fight people that DIDN't hack for their Pokémon or really hardcore breeders, they won't have that supreme Speed instead, I'd take good Attack over it. On the other hand, if you get a Surf on your head, you'll die anyways, so the Hp isn't that different, low or high.

As for me, right now I'm checking IVs for some Eevees! I got a very good Female Timid I may integrate into the breeding after, she's got 25 Hp, 30 Def, 30 Sp.Atk, 30 Sp.Def (Note: 30 Sp.Atk is the only IV that needs to be lower than 31 for Hidden Power Ice if a Timid Eevee with 31 around the clock manages to pop up sometime 8D), but I can't use her yet until I find a male with 31 in HP to replace the current male (The female has the 31). Can't afford to lose a perfect HP IV, especially considering the Baton Passing nature of Eeveelutions, can I?

Quote:
Can I be member?My first shiny was a red eyed aaron.
Even if you're not a member for now, you can lounge around and talk to us. Just wait a bit until a co-owner comes by to accept you into the club, okay?

Oh yes, if you want, you can also ask for Flareon and possibly non-sweeping Espeons, since there is the odd Adamant/Brave or Timid Eevee that pops by with good IVs. Can't advise you about the others because Glaceon and Jolteon need functional Hidden Powers and I don't know if Leafeon needs any Egg Moves or not, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted By MetalMario:
I'm only really hurt by the loss of Dialga and Rotom, whom were from soft resets. The others were chained (or random/unwanted) and can be gotten back. Ru, how did you deal?
Well, how can I say that? When it's gone, it's gone, you'll eventually have to cope with it. But hey, they'll always be with me no matter what! *Points at sig banner* Think I'll never remove that thing from my sig.

As for you guys, good luck on the hunting! My DS is on for no reason, so I need to check the IVs, no wasting battery!

Niriiiiii!

Niri: Star? (Yes?)

Time to go! Ahoy me matey, yarrrrrrr!

~*Runasutaru*~

~*Guardian Spectre of the Shiny Hunters' Club*~

Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb
3DS FC: 1736 1330 4876
Pearl FC: 0560 9747 0686
Soul Silver FC: 4770 1082 0019
Black FC: 2236 6346 1481

Last edited by Runasutaru; March 3rd, 2008 at 08:31 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 11:54 AM
The Graceful Assassin

hey Runasutaru ive been thinking perhaps i should get 1 of those banners honoring my shiny garchomp i deleted by accident. cause at that time i had no clue what ev training/ IVs were. I think i probably will. Still going for turtwig and its kinda fun trying to read the Japanese symbols going across my DS. good luck everybody.
EDIT: u know i think i might go for shiny gible again when im done with turtwig, even though i found my first shiny gible by accident i might have good luck with hunting for 1.

Last edited by The Graceful Assassin; March 3rd, 2008 at 12:05 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links